Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 6 of 28«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/11/2007 13:26:43   
UZ

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sir Link

Devourer/galin (Galen/fantastic 4)

Wrong. It's The`Galin, NOT Galin. And secondly, The`Galin is not tru´ying to destroy universe. He is trying to purificate (SP?) Everything. Ya can look his motives in Jourlan o' The`Galin.
And Jackues the Fisherman is parody of one writer. They look excactly same.
Post #: 126
10/11/2007 13:40:24   
dark alo

quote:

ORIGINAL: piepig

And isn't Fenri[or what ever] Fenrir,a demon wolf from Norse mythology?

Fenris Asguard

he is one of Loki's to monster sons and he bite of tyr's (the wargod) hand
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 127
10/11/2007 14:06:52   
Evallis

The AutoZards and Decepdragons are a marvel reference, Transformers was originally under the Marvel imprint.

I believe ther was a comic where Spider-Man fought Megatron.
AQ  Post #: 128
10/11/2007 14:30:35   
partyboy619

Cyclops is a creature by itself not from X-men
AQ  Post #: 129
10/11/2007 14:34:16   
Crimson Raven

quote:

Protector symobite (spiderman/silver surfer) <-- Nope. just because they use the same word doesnt make it Marvels word.Devourer/galin (Galen/fantastic 4) <-- First of all his name is The'Galin not Galin. second he is nothing like anything from the Fantastic 4. Is is also nothing like Galactus who is evil >.>
wolverine(speaks for it self) <-- This one I'll give you
Sinester 7 (sinester 6/spiderman) <--This one too
Cyclops(shoots beams from eyes duh) <-- Again, just because Marvel has used it doesnt mean they came up with it originally
Green goblin <-- Err, what?
Asguardian (thor and his say collueges)note i didnt say asguard Err no, Asguard is the home of the Gods. Since thsi is an Epic, is it not fitting to have an armer with is of the Land of the Gods? Not a Marvel Reference in anycase. Rather its a norse Mythology reference, not Marvel
Mjinlor(thor his hammer) <-- You think Marvel came up with this stuff or something? No. The entire Thor charecter and his weapons and all that are ripped straight from Norse Mythology
AQ  Post #: 130
10/12/2007 23:30:08   
george2154

I believe that the Necronomoron has been taken in some part from Dota's Necromonicon. Although I have heard of a book in ancient times for Necromancers actually called a Necromonicon so yeh.
AQ  Post #: 131
10/15/2007 23:33:23   
deathisper

quote:

Viridium is an energy in subspace. The Network uses subwarp and transwarp drives to travel the universes creating armies for the devourer. When Viridum comes into contact with oxygen it turns to a metal like substance, it also becomes toxic to those who have come into contact with pure energy Viridium. Not every Network agent is hurt by this metal of course. Examples of some characters in the AE universe who would actually be hurt badly if cut with a Viridium blade who are NOT Network members are the Huntress and Atlas Maxwell.

The Viridium particles sound pretty similar to the "void stuff" mentioned in the Dr. Who episode Doomsday. Just about everything else is different regarding the particles in AQ, but it provides a good parallel that might be easier to understand with the visual that the episode provides as opposed to just text.

@ above, the Necronomicon was a fictional book in the works of H.P. Lovecraft, a horror genre author who brought us such lovable characters as Cthulu. The books name in Greek is roughly "Book of Laws regarding the Dead", or some such thing. I don't speak Greek so rough translations are what I offer.

< Message edited by deathisper -- 10/16/2007 2:44:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 132
10/20/2007 20:41:37   
Twiztid

The Vartai Blademaster resembles the Daedra from The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion a lot.
AQ DF  Post #: 133
10/23/2007 16:31:35   
yonniman

I can't believe that nobody realized that the quote "There is Nothing New Under the Sun" is from Kohelet (or for you non-Jews, Ecclesiastes)

The Quote From the Bible, "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun"

Edit: I removed the Hebrew Pasuk (or for you non-Jews, a sentence)

< Message edited by yonniman -- 10/23/2007 16:32:19 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 134
10/24/2007 14:51:14   
Ojodeldevorador
His Eyes

במידה רבה מאוד; לא לעתים תכופות או לא בכמויות גדולות
Post #: 135
10/24/2007 14:56:09   
xehanort

quote:

ORIGINAL: UZ The Ebil
Wrong. It's The`Galin, NOT Galin. And secondly, The`Galin is not tru´ying to destroy universe. He is trying to purificate (SP?) Everything. Ya can look his motives in Jourlan o' The`Galin.
And Jackues the Fisherman is parody of one writer. They look excactly same.

galactus is not exactly trying to destroy the universe either, just sustain himself.
also, galen, add an the in front of it and you get the`galen, just replace the e with an i and it,s the`galin
AQ DF  Post #: 136
10/25/2007 16:48:11   
yonniman

This is going to be a bit hard (i may be jewish, i'm not too good at hebrew)

in a very great quantity ; not too often, or not very similar

???

I go to hebrew school, and i found "bichmuyot" from "c'mo" which means similar

rest of the words are basic words

say, Ojodeldevorador, can you tell me what book you got that phrase from?

i found something that says "tchufot, the opposite is nachon", nachon means correct

< Message edited by yonniman -- 10/28/2007 20:13:40 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 137
10/30/2007 20:36:09   
HK 47

Light's Sabers, a pair of jokes, both from Death Note.

Light comes from the Death Note character "L" who is sometimes refered to as "Light"

Now then, Death Guestbook comes from the Death Note itself. It says not to sign it, because if one signs in the Death Note, or in this case, the "Death Guestook" they die.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 138
11/1/2007 10:30:54   
Paladin Dracomancer

Wicked Witch's Description is obviously a "The Wizard of Oz" reference.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 139
11/10/2007 1:44:53   
Seedling

The Selkie,found in Pirate Day, is...of course a parody of The Selkie. The Selkie were men who could change theyre appearance to a seal.....and If I'm not mistaking....they can Shapeshift too.
Post #: 140
11/10/2007 6:59:10   
general greivous

quote:

ORIGINAL: HK 47

Light's Sabers, a pair of jokes, both from Death Note.

Light comes from the Death Note character "L" who is sometimes refered to as "Light"

That is... way of. Light is Raito, Raito is just the way japanese say his name. And Light Saber's are presente in almost all SciFi games/animes.

EDIT: No really. Japanase can't pronounce L, so they say R. And they also finish words with a vogal. So, lets say, rewrite would become Reraito. But yes, it is a DeathNote joke.

< Message edited by general greivous -- 11/11/2007 7:20:27 >
AQ  Post #: 141
11/10/2007 17:56:56   
HK 47

Light is the American name.

Why do you think they put in "Don't sign his death guestbook"?

Also, I was reffering to the name of the store.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 142
11/12/2007 19:06:19   
yonniman

quote:

ORIGINAL: yonniman

This is going to be a bit hard (i may be jewish, i'm not too good at hebrew)

in a very great quantity ; not too often, or not very similar

???

I go to hebrew school, and i found "bichmuyot" from "c'mo" which means similar

rest of the words are basic words

say, Ojodeldevorador, can you tell me what book you got that phrase from?

i found something that says "tchufot, the opposite is nachon", nachon means correct

does anyone pay attention to the moron who defeated ojodeldevorador?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 143
11/15/2007 3:04:26   
Lord Vearl

the shop in mq is called "laser eye for the space guy" which is a parody of "Queer eye for the Straight Guy"

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 144
11/15/2007 18:26:24   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Sorry if any of these have already been noted:

"Aquabat Swarm" in Warlic's Beginner Shop from AQ may be a reference to the underground humor/punk/modern ska band, "The Aquabats." or perhaps I am just strange.

Also, even though others have already said this (although I am not sure if it is in this thread), I am going to say: Yes, "Guyshimitsu" in Dragonfable is a parody of "Yoshimitsu."

Itchy Itchy Paradise, as people told me when I asked, is a reference to an adult book from Naruto.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 145
11/18/2007 15:45:08   
itachiuchihaboy

chemical x (from powerpuff girls), element x. they're almost the same
AQ  Post #: 146
11/18/2007 15:45:56   
Nickwright
Creative!

Not really >.>; The only thing in common is the X part >.>
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 147
11/19/2007 11:15:32   
HK 47

quote:

ORIGINAL: itachiuchihaboy

I don't see those empowered with element X fly around and shoot lasers out of their eyes. Do you?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 148
11/19/2007 11:27:08   
Sworddude198

Well Hk, I do see Void Dragons firing lasers out of their eyes, however I do agree on Element X =/= Chemical X.

Element X is basically an element free from all elements. Chemical X is just an unstable chemical compound.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 149
11/19/2007 16:48:55   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

quote:

ORIGINAL: itachiuchihaboy

Yes, they are, actually. The GD, when you summon him, sometimes says, "I breathe Element X due to a steady diet of Powerpuff Girls." (You can see the entire list here.)

Oh, and also, "Burninate!! Please do not sue us," is from Homestar Runner, the "Dragon" (a.k.a. Trogdor the Burninator!) episode of Strongbad's e-mail. "Burnination" is also occasionally used in Yulgar's Forge in DF.

< Message edited by Cow Face -- 11/19/2007 16:55:06 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 6 of 28«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition