Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Photoshop Q&A Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Photoshop Q&A Thread
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/4/2007 22:19:31   
uberboi

is there a way to make that checker board style in photoshop?
AQ DF  Post #: 51
7/4/2007 23:22:53   
AND 1

Just search for checkered backgrounds on Photobucket? Dunno if that's a legitimate answer, but that's what I'd do.
Post #: 52
7/5/2007 12:06:38   
relykswalton

I know. =D
Make a 9x9 pixel document, and get out your pencil tool. Make it a 3x3 pixel square brush. Zoom in so you can see all the pixels,as far as you can. Then use the brush to make a checkerboard pattern. Edit<Define Pattern and name is 'Checkerboard', so you can remember it. Then make a new layer, double click it, and set it to pattern overlay. Click the pattern you just made. then click Ok.
you would repeat with a bigger document and a bigger brush if you wanted to have a bigger pattern. kk? kgood. =D

Edit is win =D

Nicky-
Thanks =D
I also heard that there is a way to re-size or vector without illustrator. I'll go ask a professional.
You can change it from the stroke menu, but I like to have the color in my palette afterwards; so I set it as Fg Color.
Rawr for typos.

< Message edited by relykswalton -- 7/5/2007 12:13:59 >
AQ  Post #: 53
7/5/2007 21:05:23   
Nicky

Yay Relyks.

Added the checkerboard question to the front page, waiting a test run by Chaos on that vector one :)
AQ DF  Post #: 54
7/6/2007 0:43:56   
uberboi

cool thanks relyks =D
AQ DF  Post #: 55
7/6/2007 17:09:32   
Mr. Zarnac

how do i download and implement brushes into photoshop?
AQ  Post #: 56
7/6/2007 23:34:10   
Nicky

Hey Z :3

You can download brushes from DeviantArt. Here are some nice ones. Click a thumbnail you like, and click the little download button to the left of the preview.
Download it as you normally would another file.

If it's a .rar file, read from here, if it's an .abr file, read from the next paragraph.
Extract the brushes out of the .rar file with a nifty program called winRAR. If you don't have it, chances are there's a trial for it on www.download.com.
Right click the rar thing, and Extract -> To Here if you want the files wherever you are in your files.
Once you extract the files, you should have an .abr file (if it's in a folder, go into the folder).

Copy your .abr file (right click -> copy).
Now go to C:/Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop xxx/Presets/Brushes, and paste your file in there (Right click empty space -> Paste). "xxx" being your version number.
Now reload Photoshop, and your brushes should be in there.

Good luck, Z.. Hope that helped :)
AQ DF  Post #: 57
7/7/2007 19:42:53   
Mr. Zarnac

thanks nicky, helped a lot! <3
AQ  Post #: 58
7/7/2007 20:07:02   
Hypnotic

Idk if anyone here on on aq at all (no offense =P) knows how to airbrush properly, but I need help with it =P
And by airbrushing I don't mean over a photo or anything, I mean from scratch ^^
Post #: 59
7/7/2007 20:37:05   
Nicky

Zarnac: No troubles at all :D

Hypnotic: I have no idea :3
I'd just say look at the subject closely and brush the base colour in the main shape, then work over that with the smaller details.
:3
Sorry I couldn't really help.

Added Hypnotics question to the front page.
AQ DF  Post #: 60
7/7/2007 23:45:06   
relykswalton

Nicky/Zarnac-
You can also download WinRar (I beleive it's called that, I'll check), it's much easier. It opens zip files and such(Like brushes), where you can extract them to anywhere you want. Or you can click the install file (Included with most brush sets,forget what it's called=/), which opens Ps, and the brushes are there. The best part is that it's free and doesn't expire. That's what I have, it's really helpfull for downloading any file. ;D

Gah. I didn't notice you said almost the same thing up there O_o
Must not have oticed it. Heheh.

< Message edited by relykswalton -- 7/8/2007 19:28:51 >
AQ  Post #: 61
7/8/2007 5:30:08   
Nicky

Yeah, I have WinRar too, I believe I said that in the post up there ^^.

If I didn't, thanks for pointing that out o.o
AQ DF  Post #: 62
7/8/2007 5:36:04   
Lightnin10

yeh i have winrar helps alot =D

AQ  Post #: 63
7/8/2007 18:58:47   
The charm of Sora
Banned

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hypnotic

Idk if anyone here on on aq at all (no offense =P) knows how to airbrush properly, but I need help with it =P
And by airbrushing I don't mean over a photo or anything, I mean from scratch ^^

i can

<><>
V^V^V
He sees you.
When life gives me lemons, I Make a lemon smoothie........ But I don't know what do do when life gives me bananas
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 64
7/13/2007 12:46:32   
Hypnotic

may I see?
And nicky, I said from scratch, I only have the concept in my mind =P
Post #: 65
7/14/2007 7:07:59   
Nicky

Yeah, good point Jet xD.

And Shadow Dragon, as Hypnotic said, could you please provide some examples of your work for him to see...
AQ DF  Post #: 66
7/20/2007 0:36:06   
uberboi

In photoshop I pressed this thing and a measuring thing appeared and I cant get rid of it so my question is how do I get rid of it?
AQ DF  Post #: 67
7/20/2007 23:43:47   
Nicky

What do you mean by measuring thing? If you mean a ruler on the top and left side of your canvas (It's white with black numbers), you can get rid of it by pressing Control + R, I believe.
AQ DF  Post #: 68
7/20/2007 23:45:57   
uberboi

K cool thanks Nicky =D
AQ DF  Post #: 69
7/21/2007 0:15:47   
DeathKnight2

Well I know photoshop has spherize but for me it does nothing but disort my planet :P I was trying to do TVO's scapescape tut but nothing looks 3D... Any idea why?
Post #: 70
7/27/2007 0:18:07   
relykswalton

My favorite way to do planets is to cut the texture to a circle, duplicate, and use the spherize firlter at 100 twice. Then it's round. YOu need to add shadows too.
Did you do the spherize on the texture layer?
AQ  Post #: 71
7/30/2007 13:24:41   
aNyThInG

How do i recolour a picture? http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9849/1231sslamboginijp5.jpg I would like to change the colour of Lamborghini into something else. How do I do it?
AQ DF  Post #: 72
8/1/2007 7:09:08   
Nicky

First you will probably have to cut out the image. This process is called rendering, and there are numerous tutorials around the place. You basically use the pen tool and trace around, then when you connect the line to make a distorted oval shape, right click -> make selection and hit okay. Then right click -> Select inverse and press delete.
Then press Control + U in photoshop, check the colourise box, and drag the hue slider. That should make it change colour. Hit okay, and you'll have a recoloured car. You can re-paste the image back underneath the car to get the background back into it.

That should be it... But if you would rather a more detailed explanation, PM me ^^
AQ DF  Post #: 73
8/2/2007 16:04:51   
relykswalton

Or you could do a hue-saturation layer, and just erase around the car.
Pretty much what Nicky said, except faster and not as nice looking.
Or use the magic wand set to add selection, select all of the car(Will take a bit of time), then fill it with the hue-saturation layer. Your choice.
AQ  Post #: 74
8/4/2007 6:31:31   
TyberAlyx

How do you add downloaded photoshop brushes?
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Photoshop Q&A Thread
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition