PaperClip OF DOOM
1.0 - Introduction
This guide will teach you all there is to know about blacksmithing. As new blacksmithing options and locations are available, I will add them to this guide. Here you will be able to learn everything from the basics of blacksmithing, to achieving the highest blacksmithing ranks and making your own weapons.
I hope this guide will help you blacksmithing beginners out there!
2.0 - Blacksmithing - What is it and why should I care?
Ahhh, blacksmithing. The age old art of weapon forging has finally made it into DragonFable! Currently the only place to forge weapons using your blacksmithing skills is Yulgar's Forge. Why should you care? The forge has an assortment of low to high level weapons that you can create, available even to non-Dragon Amulet holder players! Also, it's just plain fun.
Another plus is for Dragon Amulet holders - you can upgrade your Doom weapons here to make them even more powerful.
If you do not own a Dragon Amulet, you will only be able to forge weapons up to rank 10. An exception to this are the Sil weapons, which have multiple tiers available to all players except for the last one (level 68).
Note: Currently, I have no information about the blacksmithing rank required to forge the Sil weapons - if you have any information, feel free to PM me.
2.1 - Blacksmithing - Making weapons for pun and profit
In order to craft some of the best weapons, you will need to level up your blacksmithing rank. To do so, you must figure out the right combination of pictures that are given to you that match the words of the weapon you have been given to forge. Here is the forge table:
1) The name of the player who wants you to forge something. The names are random. The name is irrelevant to the process.
2) The name of the item you need to forge. The name of the weapon is broken up into three parts, each describing a different element of the weapon. You will need to decipher what each part requests in order to forge it.
3) The first picture box. You use the pictures from this box to forge the first part of the requested weapon.
4) The second picture box. You use the pictures from this box to forge the shape of the requested weapon.
5) The third picture box. You use the pictures from this box to forge the last part of the requested weapon.
6) The create box. After you choose the pictures ("forge items") that describe the weapon, you click on this and forge it. If you do so successfully, then you will roll a random number from 1 to 100. If you manage to roll a number high enough to pass, your blacksmithing rank will go up.
Now, using the explanation above, I will demonstrate how the blacksmithing process works:
Nythera wants me to forge her a Rainmaker's Master Key Of Medicine.
Now, I look at the first box. Rainmaker - rain, water. There is a picture of a drop of water in the first box, so I choose that. Now, the second part. A Master Key - a key, so I choose the key shape in the second box. Now, the final part - Medicine. Medicine - relates to health and well-being, so I choose the symbol of the red cross in the third box.
Success! I have forged the correct weapon. When you manage to do so, you will need to roll a dice and see if you rank up in blacksmithing. Every three (3) points of LUK will give you a +1 bonus to your roll, meaning the more LUK you have, the more it will help you to rank up in blacksmithing. Equipping items that raise your LUK as much as possible is a good idea here. Every time you rank up, the required number to roll rises by 2 until it reaches as high as 78 for the final rank.
2.2 - Blacksmithing - The Forge Tables
To those who are having trouble, here is the complete symbol table, although doing it on your own is much more fun.
- Weighted/Fossilized/Rock Lord's
- Cheesy/Dairy/The Head Cheese's
- Moglin Punting/Swift/Leaping
- Silencing/Whispering/The Hungry
- Sushi Lover/Fisherman/Smelly
- The Pupil's/Visionary's/Blinding
- Well Referenced/Librarian's/Finely Printed
- Horseshoe/Lucky Charm/Toilet Seat
- Hammer/Sledge Hammer/Mallet
- Spare Key/Master Key/Latchkey
- Wedding Ring/Bracelet/Loop
- Mace/Ice Cream Scoop/Morningstar
- Axe/Battle Axe/Hatchet
- Dagger/Butter Knife/Letter Opener
- Saw/Hack Saw/Hand Saw
- Bell/Doorbell/Cow Bell
- Wrench/Monkey Wrench/Pipe Wrench/Torque Wrench
- Necromancy/Doom/The Undead
- Hard Rock/Mason/Stone
- Chicken/Poultry/Egg Laying
- Cheesy Puns/Lactose Intolerance/Cheese
- First Aid/Math Mastery/Medicine
- The Marathon/Foot/Sprinting
- Shouting/Tongue Twisting/Snacking
- Hypothermia/Frost Bite/ North
- Invisibility/Sight/Future Seeing
- Lumberjacking/Logging In/Rooting
- Reading +1/Bookworm/Gude Spelinng
2.3 - Blacksmithing - Forging your own weapons
Currently, the highest Blacksmithing rank in Yulgar's Forge is 35. Once you reach it, you will be able to forge every weapon there. To forge weapons, you will need to have the minimum rank required in the weapon's description. The blacksmithing rank is also usually equal to the weapon's level - a level 14 weapon requires a blacksmithing rank of 14 (An exception to this rule are the Doom weapons and the Sil weapons). In addition, you will need to purchase some materials found in Yulgar's Resource Shop.
Here is the list of weapons, from the lowest to the highest rank:
Your First Sword
Your First Staff
Your First Dagger
Slightly Bowed Staff
Rank 12 (From this point on, all of the weapons are DA-only.)
Power Center Sabre
The Temple Broadsword
Mighty ShadowReaper of Doom
Mighty SkullStaff of Doom
Mighty Twin Blades of Doom
Mage's Support Staff
The Hero's Secret
Dread ShadowReaper of Doom
Dread SkullStaff of Doom
Dread Twin Blades of Doom
Heartless ShadowReaper of Doom
Heartless SkullStaff of Doom
Heartless Twin Blades of Doom
Obsidian ShadowReaper of Doom
Obsidian SkullStaff of Doom
Obsidian Twin Blades of Doom
Forsaken ShadowReaper of Doom
Forsaken SkullStaff of Doom
Forsaken Twin Blades of Doom
Grim ShadowReaper of Doom
Grim SkullStaff of Doom
Grim Twin Blades of Doom
Dire ShadowReaper of Doom
Dire SkullStaff of Doom
Dire Twin Blades of Doom
The Deep Cut
Bright Future Blade
Stiletto of World's End
Three Sister's Staff
Dirk of Insanity
Scimitar of Entropy
The Wastelands Staff
Oddwind, The Trav'ler
Mind's Eye Rod
Devil's Grin Dagger
Take A Chance
The Long Fight
The Hillking Blade
The Sil Weapons - These are special weapons that can be forged from one Broken Hilt + one Broken Blade. These items can be found in the Sil Ruins.
Sil Greatsword I
Sil Greatsword II
Sil Greatsword III
Sil Greatsword IV
Sil Greatsword V
Sil Greatsword VI [DA]
Sil Katar I
Sil Katar II
Sil Katar III
Sil Katar IV
Sil Katar V
Sil Katar VI [DA]
Sil Magestave I
Sil Magestave II
Sil Magestave III
Sil Magestave IV
Sil Magestave V
Sil Magestave VI [DA]
< Message edited by PaperClip OF DOOM -- 1/26/2013 6:12:33 >