Not sure if this is the proper way to do this, as I've already started making these, but here goes.
1. Guide topic requested: a quest-by-quest chronology to answer the question, "What order should I do the quests in?"
2. Why this guide is essential: because some people like to follow the (main) storyline of a game. It makes the game more fun.
3. How I know we don't have a guide like this: I used the search function, looking for 'timeline', 'chronology', 'quest order', 'story line'. I also posted in the Q&A forum asking where I could find a recommended story order of quests (the post has since been deleted). I got some answers to point me in the right direction, but nothing I found specified all quests in story order.
4. Notes: (Optional) I've started making this already, but I'd like to know if the idea is viable before I post a first draft.
While A Guide for Starting/Returning Players contains a simple, yet effective chronology of the necessary Quests to complete Dragonfable's primary story, I could see use in a Guide dedicated solely to placing significant Quests and Events (Including past Wars) in the correct order.
1. Guide topic requested: a list of locations
2. Why this guide is essential: trying to find information on all locations, or any one location without knowing what it's called, is difficult. It might also be useful for people making guides (which is how I discovered how difficult it is to find all locations). I had to search through the lists several times trying to find "Riverine Keep", for example. (Yes, it's actually the "100 Rooms of Fiery Doom" quest. But it's on the Gryphon Flightmaster's board, so how was I supposed to know it wasn't a proper location?)
3. How I know we don't have a guide like this: I did some manual searching. I may have also used the search function, but if I did, I didn't find anything. The closest I could find was the A-Z Locations, Quests, Shops, Wars & Events. Determining which of these items was a location, and which were quests, events, etc., was time consuming and tedious. That's a lot of links.
4. Notes: (Optional) Again, I've already got a first draft ready to post, but only if someone thinks this would be useful. It may be better to just tag all the locations in the A-Z Locations, Quests, Shops, Wars & Events to make them easily identifiable. Tagging each type of entry in the list would be useful, actually.
I'm not quite sure if this, however, would be necessary. A-Z Locations, Quests, Shops, Wars, and Events is fairly accurate and easy to navigate. All one must do to find the entry of a particular Quest is look up the true name of the Quest in-game. Even if one cannot find the Quest in-game and thus cannot find the Quest's true name, I believe there are other ways one would be able to find the Quest they are searching for, such as looking up the location where the Quest takes place. A new Guide such as this (As well as any changes to previously existing Guides) would have to be discussed with the ArchKnights of the DF Encyclopedia and the current owners of those Guides, respectively. -Faerdin
Faerdin, I'm not looking for quests, I'm looking for locations. "Riverine Keep" is on the Gryphon Flightmaster's map, as is Oaklore Keep. Oaklore Keep can be found by searching the A-Z list of locations, quests, etc. "Riverine Keep" cannot. So I was totally confused. Also, some locations are not on the Gryphon Flightmaster's map - like Ravenloss. I hadn't realized it existed (much less how to get there) until I read about it in the Pedia. Had it been marked in the A-Z list as a location, I might have found it sooner. If I don't know the place (or that the place is the quest), how can I find the quest I don't know about?
My apologies if this post doesn't quite follow proper procedure, considering I've already done the first drafts and I'm requesting two guides in the same post.
< Message edited by Alyksandrei -- 5/17/2012 10:20:18 >