Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= The Ultimate Nostalgia thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= The Ultimate Nostalgia thread
Page 21 of 24«<1920212223>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/26/2014 13:13:01   
Muchiha

There was a forumite here that was referred to as an "Old Man" by the likes of Elryn, Cataclysm, BlackAces...

His name was "Ultimate Supremecy", then changed his forum username to "Fisto"

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 501
2/26/2014 16:08:34   
Grimrow

Geoto died :(

AQ  Post #: 502
3/2/2014 13:57:04   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Largely true WolfWorshipper, though Paxia has continued to fight on in its own area of the forums despite the lack of updates. This persistence paid off when Eukara made here release with Xov attacking Paxia and while it was not as great as the old days it certainly made things more active than they had been for a while. Geoto will endure, as will Paxia as a whole I hope.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 503
3/2/2014 14:46:51   
hict98

That day when Aerodu won the first clan war Oh that was amazing

AQ AQW  Post #: 504
3/15/2014 13:33:41   
Kalle29

I just turned on sound effects after having them off for about two years.
AQ  Post #: 505
3/15/2014 14:45:16   
PharaohLaus

I remember being afraid of the Four Eyed Menace... ah, good times.
AQ  Post #: 506
3/16/2014 13:35:52   
hict98

Oh that feeling you get when you hear the same sound effects you heard when you first started this game 9 years ago.
AQ AQW  Post #: 507
8/7/2014 16:48:03   
weatherseed
Ribarg!
Contest Winner

I miss the rush of finding a new weapon or armor and submitting it as fast as you could, or before Legasee did. And then it would become your favorite item in the game because it had your name attached to it in the encyclopedia.
AQ  Post #: 508
11/10/2014 18:58:20   
Travis Touchdown
Reality Touchdown!

This week's release being what it is, my mind can't help but drift back to all the times I swapped pets from Aria's Pet Shop when I started out some eight and a half years ago. I always used to rename every pet I got my mitts on, and of course this was several years before the rewards sweep so that 20 gold each certainly burned a hole in my single/very-low-double digit leveled character's pocket. The Truffle was my pet of choice for several months, with it's multi-elemental nature and the nature of elemental resists back then meaning that it was effective against pretty much anything.

Which also gets me thinking about when Gatta Island originally came out, since I used one of the Light Gattas that I bought from that quest back when it first came out for... quite some time. It might have actually been years, I don't quite recall. Kitty Con Carne, I believe, was its name, since at the time the term "chili con carne" was stuck on my mind because reasons and I thought it was kind of funny at the time.

Ah, and the Koofu! How many hours I farmed for the Koofu Caller, and then alternated between the darkness Koofu and Daimyo depending on my needs. Truthfully, I can't remember the last time I used either.

And speaking of Daimyo I remember when I steadfastly refused to use anything but class armours! Dragon Wings was my spam spell, Daimyo my loyal healer at an impressive 5 HP/MP a turn with no cost, and since I thought Bonus to Hit affected damage, not accuracy, I kept using that one Dragonslayer skill that gave a bonus to BtH, thinking that I was so much stronger for doing it. Perhaps that's the power of the Placebo Effect. XD

The old Reign Plate might have been the first time I used anything else, after months of farming Fairwind Springs to scrape together enough gold to obtain it; so it's weird to think there are some encounters today that give more gold by themselves than what I spent on that armour back then! Still, it was worth it. And back then, the "Ubers" had level-locked attacks! At first my Reign Plate only had two hits, but one day I had gotten powerful enough to stick my sword into the air, followed by bathing my foes in a wave of fire that could somehow do water or ice damage if I felt like it. Weird times, weird times.

Plus, I used to identify as a Berserker. Who would have thought that I would consider myself some weird Assassin/Sorcerer hybrid only a few scant years later?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 509
11/10/2014 19:00:58   
Thor

Haha I miss the old shadow cloak, mainly the legendary sets, how it was back then, that the mages were hella amazoning. I miss using the dragon secret staff, mana scepter, the old wizard robes. Wow there's a lot.
AQ AQW  Post #: 510
1/8/2015 11:04:23   
AQOG133434

I had Daimyo for YEARS. I named him Scruffy. I still have him. I got the Hierophant's version of Scruffy, and with it's spiky yellow hair, I appropriately named him "SSJ Scruffy" hehe.

Oh gosh, where do I start with nostalgia? Been a Guardian since September of '03...back when The Pit was the best kept secret in town center.

Back when it MEANT something to be above level 100, and you were honored on a special page. (And EXP was not so easy to come by like it is now)

Back when AQ opened up The Void to test all new items and monsters, and you could get them so cheap. I remember when we were testing the "new" Trident of Etain. And I loved it.

Back when the Vorpal Edge really was the best weapon around.

Back when the Black Wartexx was the newest heavy hitter in town. (And I had both of these weapons at one point in time, and I foolishly sold them...sad face...where do you get them now???)

Back when you could open six browser windows of AQ and farm gold and EXP all at once.

Back when Elemental Doom was the most 1337 spell you could get.

Back when Guardian Angels full healed you every blue moon.

Back when Martial Artist Form was the hottest thing to come out, the first multi-hit armor from what I remember. And I loved it for many years just for that reason.

Back when that 5000 HP skeleton undead dragon (cannot remember his name for the life of me) was the most intimidating thing you could run across.

Back when The Crossroads were a hot place to train. (Still might be, haven't been in awhile.)

Back when the sky FIRST ripped.

And now more recently...

Back when I farmed Safiria for 2.4 mil EXP and 600k gold.

Back when I could holler at Poelala from the Monster Hunt to buff my magics.

I think I could go on forever if I don't stop here.

EDIT: Oh yes! Back when the Gilded Plate was the hottest damage reducing armor in town, pricy as all get-out, and worth every peso.

< Message edited by AQOG133434 -- 1/8/2015 11:12:53 >

Guardian since '03

View my character! http://aq.battleon.com/build30/charview.asp?temp=133434
AQ  Post #: 511
1/8/2015 20:49:54   
poopbum

After watching an old AQ video, I missed the old look of Shadowbones(now Eventide's Guise/Twilight's whatever). I am not trying to say that the new look ain't as good(in fact the new look fits the set better), but the old look is rather nice as well and unlike Fujin, the art is unfortunately unable to be recycled. The old 'golden' bones look just seems quite fantastic to me.

And of course, the good old days where there wasn't a damage cap! Now it is still possible to hit over 7k if not for the cap(even without percentage HP tricks), when the monster's resistance is high enough and/or with the right setups. Pretty sure PWD/UGD can do this against any monster with high enough HP(assuming not immune), if not for the 3.5k damage cap on non-elemental attacks though the sheer number of hits made this a non-issue usually.(still will be nice to see a big hit with really big numbers, followed by several hits of big number for overkill :P)

EDIT: Oh and back then, weapon specials were awesome. So much bth on some of them.

< Message edited by poopbum -- 1/8/2015 22:23:09 >
AQ  Post #: 512
1/9/2015 5:06:40   
weatherseed
Ribarg!
Contest Winner

When Jagged Peaks was getting occasional updates, with new and interesting equipment. The Reclaimer especially.
AQ  Post #: 513
1/9/2015 5:29:42   
pRopaaNS1337

-That time when I finally got my first uber armor, Reign. And then getting enough money and completing quests to get rest of uber sets. Finally getting Asgardian. I mean the thing is that at that time there was no such fuss over getting rares, because those were truly best equipment in game without any contest. Also money was pretty hard to get, so it was a big accomplishement to get enough gold to purchase those equipment.

Era of this kind of prestigeous equipment is over, although it's a change for something different and for something actually better. Instead there is reason for me as an old coot to keep visiting this game, because hunting for new rares is what keeps the game fresh.
If it was just about the old times then I had already gotten most of top tier equipment at one point. Nostalgia after all is just a great feeling by digging into my old memories and dream about them.
Actually I think that instead game just keeps getting better and better. I guess that after 10 years I'll remember checkpoints from aorund this time as my best memories from playing AQ.

Btw it will be ironic feeling to remember this Pixel set at that point as a set which represents nostalgia values. At the moment it's a set which don't have any nostalgia associated to itself, but it will change...

< Message edited by pRopaaNS1337 -- 1/9/2015 5:32:57 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 514
6/24/2015 17:15:55   
Shadows

So any other fellow fossils of AQ still around? :)
AQ DF  Post #: 515
6/24/2015 17:45:30   
The Jop

Wow, 2002.
I'm from 2004, but someone coming back from the very start of AQ and AE itself is very impressive.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 516
6/24/2015 18:15:08   
Dark Tyreal

I started playing this game in 2004, came back not too long ago.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 517
6/24/2015 18:22:02   
battlesiege15

My oldest existing account is from mid 2004.

It's really amazing how much AQ has changed over the past decade. I remember fighting Drakonnan in the Great Fire War
AQ AQW  Post #: 518
6/24/2015 18:27:10   
Brasca123

2002? seriously? i'm from 2007 and i already consider myself old, glad to have old players coming back to AQ, and you're just in luck, we might have a war tomorrow, a comeback as good as any other i'd say xD
AQ DF  Post #: 519
6/24/2015 18:28:47   
Thor

Welcome back! I'm from 04, 02 is just.. wow
AQ AQW  Post #: 520
6/24/2015 18:32:12   
Lord Noonien Soong

Woah! 2002?! You are the true beta tester!, and one who isn't a mod!
DF  Post #: 521
6/24/2015 22:24:02   
Shadows

my id is 996. so how big are the IDs now o.O ?

I may be an Ancient Member, but doesnt mean I cant kick ya butts. :3
AQ DF  Post #: 522
6/24/2015 22:51:05   
TRB1965
Warganizer!

My 35th character created in May was 86,364,774.
AQ  Post #: 523
6/24/2015 22:53:07   
Thor

Very big. Mine is 2mil and that account is from jan 01 2005
AQ AQW  Post #: 524
6/24/2015 22:57:31   
Shadows

Wow such big ids... So is Demento still around? Onewingangel, captain rhubarb?
AQ DF  Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= The Ultimate Nostalgia thread
Page 21 of 24«<1920212223>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition