Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 29 of 30«<2627282930>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/26/2012 8:37:12   
afterlifex
Legend-X

pedia is 12/27/2008
Museum
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 701
11/26/2012 8:38:35   
Golden Emperor

Ok, thanks.

Almost four years then...if I didn't know I would have thought captain rhubarb was an archmage, not a pirate.
AQ  Post #: 702
11/26/2012 9:02:31   
Smackie El Frog

XD 4 years already! I wonder which will come first, Obama finishing his 2nd term or the Museum getting finished

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 703
11/26/2012 9:25:41   
Pepp
Lives to Slay Dragons!

my thoughts on this matter of the museum would kinda solve several issues or least take them into consideration.

issue #1 currently the Museum plot on the estates has no function an unfortunately for us players, it has been a sore spot for the last 5 years an Probably the only major disappointment in the entire game to many players { only cause it was never completed}. either scrape the old idea of a museum all together an make a "repository of paintings?" or Museum #2 that actually has a use of some where to view an use the painting currently in our inventory?

Issue # 2 rare quest/ content, items making there way back into the game for newer players an older players to re-visit.

Issue #3 tweaking the AQ's term of Rare which currently means gone for good to something more realistic along the lines of extremely hard to find.

Issue # 4 would reduce some clutter of the maps - if some content was only found by way of the paintings through the "repository of paintings?"

issue #5 well is not really an issue but an incentive - all painting's are only sold for z-tokens missing the event that a painting had been offered, visiting a neighbors estate, clearing all his/her guards, then looking into his "repository of paintings?" and accessing his/her painting's for amount of z-tokens to re-access the event in question. once completed the quest the player than can buy the original content from the event - including the original painting if it was offered in the original event or has been added into the original event just for this idea. this would cause increased revenue for z-tokens as players buy more z-tokens for the older paintings contenting older content or for more higher power guards to make those paintings even hard to access for others.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 704
11/26/2012 12:14:52   
Rai Spellfang
True evil needs no shirt!

Paintings are already something you can view with any house, Pepp.

Besides. Of the very little we know about whatever is going to eventually be done with the Museum, we do know one thing.

Captain Rhubarb's promised that how long you've owned a Museum will factor into its eventual function.

Even if it was something fairly mundane like additions to your house items slots based on how long you've owned it... that'd still be a better use than "second place to view your pictures" >>;
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 705
11/26/2012 12:19:58   
Golden Emperor

I have always thought that the staff could do a 'rare quest portal' with the museum. A sum of resources can be used (eg 1000 energy) to enter a certain rare quest the staff have set, with rare quests being in rotation daily, much like legends of lore. This would give one other practical reason to have estates in the first place besides warring, since after the rewards sweep the gold saved from the stat trainers is rather insignificant.
AQ  Post #: 706
11/26/2012 21:35:23   
kim346

I would rather have a portal in the museum not costing too much energy, but it randomly selects one quest from all of the rare quests.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 707
11/26/2012 22:03:11   
Golden Emperor

^That would be extremely difficult if not impossible to implement.
AQ  Post #: 708
11/26/2012 23:01:18   
kim346

Yes, but it would be really interesting to see old quests.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 709
11/27/2012 7:33:47   
saiyen

@Kim346 - He's not against your idea of being able to re-visit old quests, just your idea seems very hard or impossible to implement into the game, bit i'm sure the staff will work something great out for the museum once it's released.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 710
11/27/2012 8:40:39   
AQisFuN
Banned

Are the Staff planning to release the Museum feature next year or this year?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 711
11/27/2012 8:41:49   
Ranloth
Banned

^ Yeah, on 32nd of Febtober.
AQ Epic  Post #: 712
11/27/2012 8:43:28   
Golden Emperor

^Where did you get that from?
AQ  Post #: 713
11/27/2012 8:44:27   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

@trans:Heh!!! I thought archmage was releasing on the 32of Febtober!! :P
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 714
11/27/2012 8:46:16   
AQisFuN
Banned

Oh. That's great! Now we have guesses that the UN is going to change the calender. Yay!

Signature removed. Please don't use your signature more than once per page. For more information, please read the
=AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Signatures~Elryn

< Message edited by Elryn -- 11/27/2012 12:25:46 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 715
11/27/2012 8:47:16   
Msm

Now I'm not sure if the staff really has an idea for the museum or not (perhaps a new building unto itself) but here's my sleep deprived idea base on a few things I know were said and players want:

Now the captain said something along the lines of the longer you've had the museum you will be rewarded, so I propose a system based on "time fragments" that can be "discovered"(purchased) through the museum, with 3000(more or less) of each resource, the cost of which goes down with museum level.

These time fragments, for simplification will become a 4th estate resource and can only be obtained through the museum in a fashion similar to the trade hut. Captain can gift some of these to players that have had the museum for an extended period of time.

Inside the museum there will be 4 options;
-Discover fragment
-Shop
-Combine fragments
-Choose Binding

For each option:
-See earlier for time fragments, but as I said discovering fragments will be a costly endeavour but the time between wars is often a long wait and this encourages player activity.

-The shop will contain but 6 items, one of each category, time-lost (armour/shield/weapon/spell/pet/item) vessel, these will be used to "channel" one rare item each, at a time, and will function similar to choosing your no drop weapon or spell craft.

-Combine fragments, used to activate "x" number of fragment(the more used the older the quest) in order to be temporally flung into a "quest echo"(a random rare quest's "memory" in space-time[similar in concept to a Pensieve]) Which once completed gives you the ability to bind that quest's items to your time-lost vessel.

-When choosing one's binding one must accept that these discovered echos are unstable, and as such require a time fragment to be bound to a vessel and will only stay bound temporally(similar to renting the dark blade of awe) but it will for that time turn your vessel into the desired rare.

I can't believe I just wrote all that, but as you can see it incorporates the promised reward for players enduring the wait, it serves to bring back old quests and rares that can fully be enjoyed by the community at large instead of a select few, While still retaining the original item's rare status and value in having, gives the museum purpose and fits into current game mechanics.

Now I know I wrote this and just an idea I had while browsing the Houses With Estates Discussion which is why I got carried away/posted here but I figured I would make it into a suggestion thread too, Here.

< Message edited by Msm -- 11/27/2012 9:26:02 >

AQ AQW  Post #: 716
11/27/2012 8:54:00   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

^I thought one of the functions was to update rares!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 717
11/27/2012 8:56:08   
AQisFuN
Banned

WoW! That is an EPIC Function for the Museum!

Signature removed. Please don't use your signature more than once per page. For more information, please read the
=AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Signatures~Elryn

< Message edited by Elryn -- 11/27/2012 12:25:57 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 718
11/27/2012 10:05:47   
Rai Spellfang

The whole "updating rares" thing was said to be scrapped with respect to the Museum. Last we'd actually heard anything, it sounded like if the upgrading rares feature was going to be done at all, it'd be through the stat trainers.

And Msm, not to burst your bubble (lies), but what you're proposing is even more complicated than just bringing the quests back through other systems, as well as meaning new temporary versions have to be created for hundreds if not thousands, of items... not to mention that almost all of them would be terrible by default due to replacing your no drop for that slot.

I think only Miscs and spells have a temporary slot that won't infringe on your inventory. And there are almost no perma-rares of those categories that were contained in quests anyway <.<

That would make it massively clunky and cumbersome for everybody... not to mention fairly pointless. That'd be a lot of work going into something that nobody would use on account of it being terrible >>;
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 719
11/27/2012 10:19:11   
Msm

Yes, what Im proposing is a little complicated, but any more so then what the mega world portal is? And I guess I didn't covey this properly or you didn't read thoroughly but It would not be replacing your no drop. It would be bound to the vessel item, like the spell craft spells. And is it really that hard to add a temporary version? It's not like they are coding, drawing, balancing an entirely new item for each and every rare?

And is it really pointless in giving all players access to more content thats already in the game? Years of content for one update? I don't think so.

Then again Haven't slept in over 24h so Maybe I'll re evaluate later.

But this was just the method that came to my mind, take the main message from it: Limited access to rare quests and temporary usage of rare items, through large amounts of estate resources. Is that really such a bad thing?

But then again it seems your main criticism is a result of your mis-understanding so I'll take it with a grain of salt despite being rather insulting and unconstructive.

< Message edited by Msm -- 11/27/2012 10:39:46 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 720
11/27/2012 10:30:25   
Golden Emperor

quote:

That'd be a lot of work going into something that nobody would use on account of it being terrible >>;

A little harsh.

Just because a piece of equipment might be able to replace your no-drops doesn't make it terrible automatically. Moreover, you are just thinking about guardians's no drops here, what about adventurers?
AQ  Post #: 721
11/27/2012 10:56:56   
Rai Spellfang

"Doesn't replace your no drops" isn't something a temp item can really do. Well, it can. It's just that the second you equip something else, it's gone.

It's not that I didn't read what you said. It's that you're proposing something that is either flat-out impossible, or something that's annoying and clunky.

And GE, yeah it sorta does. If something replaces your no drops, but isn't at least their same power? It's terrible. That applies to a massive chunk of the game's rares, partially because most of them are fairly low in level. Even if they scale, there's problems with that too.

It's something that takes a lot of work for it to be implemented, a decent amount of work to obtain it, and at the very best, you're getting something that's just letting you "cheat" on your elementalization.

Yeah, it'd be good for Adventurers, like you pointed out, but... uh... SO? Something that's only an advantage to Adventurers, but through an entire feature of something that is primarily Guardian-owned, not just "bonus" like with the weapons in some estates, is just awful.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 722
11/27/2012 11:24:57   
Msm

quote:

"Doesn't replace your no drops" isn't something a temp item can really do. Well, it can. It's just that the second you equip something else, it's gone.

Like I'll be mentioning for the third time Spellcraft is a permanent, non-no-drop item, that gives temporary spell (limited amount of charges) that you can also chose multiple options to apply one at a time to the item,

So yes, you can use a sellable item as a temporary item.

quote:

not that I didn't read what you said.

quote:

terrible by default due to replacing your no drop for that slot.

I wasn't aware of any regular shop that sells you new no drops. Or where I said they replaced your no drops. Do they even make temporary pets? I mean guests yea, but pets?
quote:

The shop will contain but 6 items, one of each category, time-lost (armour/shield/weapon/spell/pet/item) vessel,

And again What I was proposing was, Limited access to rare quests and temporary usage of rare items, through large amounts of estate resources. That was just how I came up with it being implemented.

< Message edited by Msm -- 11/27/2012 11:48:37 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 723
11/27/2012 11:52:59   
blackelemental

I have to agree with Rai on this one. Although your suggestion is creative (it really is), it isn't very practical for most players to regularly use. The AoA and UGP are essential for all Guardians; switching them into other no-drops not only forces you to lose your element and change your inventory to suffice, but the new no-drop received may not be as useful. For instance, I COULD use IceRazor as a temporary weapon instead of my Water BoA. but then I'd have to switch out my Ice weapon for something else, creating too much work just for an extra weapon that may not be needed. This would only help Adventurers, but most Adventurers don't have estates (does it make sense to spend dollars buying tokens to pay for an estate & museum and get the no-drops when you can get BoA for free with a $20 purchase? I think not). Great idea Msm, but it could be better if it were implemented in a quest rather than an estate.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 724
11/27/2012 13:37:02   
Rai Spellfang

It's also worth noting that the answer we've been given by the staff on the subject of "clone of spellcraft and/or custom weapon" is "No." because they're somewhat obnoxious to create and they also dislike adding more variables that have to be saved to your character.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 725
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 28 [29] 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 29 of 30«<2627282930>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition