Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: MQ's Low Popularity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 14 of 21«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/23/2010 13:02:54   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

@Pyronix15: 4) More dinosaurs. Everything's better with dinosaurs.

Okay, I'll be serious.

3.1) It's less of more equipment specifically and more of content as a whole.

4) More information, both in and out of the game.

quote:

i think that if more people from the forums joined the AE team then we could get some nice releases.

That would be awesome but I'm not sure how feasible it would be.
DF MQ  Post #: 326
11/23/2010 14:00:51   
CHAIML

It's not AE that's the problem. It's the MQ branch of AE that has issues.
AQ MQ  Post #: 327
11/23/2010 20:07:14   
forumlogin

@Pyronix
Incorrect. I've had some interesting arguments in here. ;D
Although some of it was more repetition because some people weren't actually reading my posts. <_<
DF MQ  Post #: 328
11/23/2010 20:55:03   
NaturallyMaria
Ebil Empress

It's a pretty well accepted fact that no one on the internet listens to anyone else. Forums just exist so people can rant and rave to no one in near-anonymity. It's self-gratification.

Anyway, I pretty much agree with this:

1)more staff is needed

2)Less SCMM's, but do not stop it entirely

3)more low leveled/ncs equipment to "hook" players

I think we can all agree with this, more or less. We all have different ideas on how to implement said changes, of course, but the same underlying concepts are there. What I find most amusing though is knowing that within ANY fan community, there are always people with more dedication and WAY more spare time than anyone on staff could possibly fathom. I'd be willing to bet that a small team of dedicated players could do more with the game in a shorter amount of time, and for no pay whatsoever. That's not a shot at the AE team in any way, because I really appreciate the work that goes into quality releases. Still, it's the way things are with every game community, and speaks volumes about the internet population in general. >_>

On a related note though... Has anything from the suggestions forums ever been implemented?
MQ  Post #: 329
11/23/2010 21:13:06   
stealthwings
Helpful

Yes. I forget what, but they have.
DF MQ  Post #: 330
11/23/2010 22:35:28   
forumlogin

Icy Starfires and N-UBER Missiles, suggested by me.
Jameson, suggested by Kuld.
And I believe that's it. >_>
DF MQ  Post #: 331
11/23/2010 23:25:34   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

Gark Muggers are based upon K&S suggestion. One is Ein's, three are mine, and one is by Enzuru.
DF MQ  Post #: 332
11/23/2010 23:37:14   
icemaster 77

So 2 weapons suggestion, 1 playable mech suggstion and 5 enemies mechs suggestion are made in the game.

The MQ staff just needs to listen to the ideas from the players and goes straight to work for the update. I hope they make at least 2 suggested updates by the end of the year.
MQ AQW  Post #: 333
11/24/2010 0:34:56   
**STAREz**

Well the thing about MQ you have to but new wepons or mechs if you want a new ability and also it's somewhat unmotivating to new players you know what i have a lvl 31 in DF i tryed starting out with another character ( in a different slot ) and I really did'nt feel like playing it ,
I think the major problem is that after a game gets 3-5 years old new players may not know of previous wars and special events , ect.
like what I had with my DF character ...

Proud To be a Pinoy !!!
DF  Post #: 334
11/24/2010 8:21:11   
Pyronix15

I'm not to into suggestions tbh........

no offense to players, but they usually don't know what they want, and the staff will 99 percent of the time create better things using their own head, or maybe looking for inspiration. Actual in game art would be an exception, as I believe you should look for new art styles wherever you can when it comes to an online game.

Over all, the only people I'd want to decide on new in game items would be einhander and zamuel, but only because they seem to know allot about mecha in general and they like to think before they suggest things (and zamuel likes dino mechs, which are in themselves.......win)
AQ MQ  Post #: 335
11/24/2010 12:08:19   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

quote:

I'm not to into suggestions tbh........

no offense to players, but they usually don't know what they want, and the staff will 99 percent of the time create better things using their own head, or maybe looking for inspiration.

While some ideas may need filtering, other people can come up with some cool things. Plus, sometimes it's the sheer act of goodwill towards the fanbase that is good enough reason to implement suggestions. My biggest frustration is the inability to openly discuss them. While sometimes there's spam and flamers, it can really help develop a concept.
DF MQ  Post #: 336
11/25/2010 9:12:28   
josh_et

One factor that probably makes people say that MQ is boring and other tosh is because the rewards at the end of battles are always the same, credits and XP. Also, I noticed that most missions have to be done by approaching and talking to someone to initiate a mission, instead of exploring for missions ourselves. Frankly, MQ lacks a bit of the curiosity-instigating factors that other AE games seem to have. Pretty much most of everything in MQ is expected. The same kind of prizes after a battle, rewards after wars and et cetera. Being a game which has a space element, I believe MQ can tap its potential further more. After all, anything can happen in space...
DF MQ  Post #: 337
11/25/2010 19:28:57   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

@josh_et: Ah, exploration. Been brainstorming a little bit about this but I do think it would greatly help. Plus, if it makes you feel any better I've always despised the griffin over in DF.
DF MQ  Post #: 338
11/25/2010 22:11:16   
stealthwings
Helpful

I have always loved the griffin. Exploration is fun the first time, but gets boring when you have to walk somewhere every time you want to go there.
DF MQ  Post #: 339
11/25/2010 22:36:42   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

My problem is that the exploration is only needed for Oaklore to Falconreach. A shortcut after you discover a place is fine but the shortcut was created first. I feel a lot of the issue with MQ is that we are instantly going to these planets rather than discovering them which lowers the worth of starships.
DF MQ  Post #: 340
11/25/2010 23:10:45   
CHAIML

@ZamuelNow You're right. It seems like we get messages from these planets rather than having us find them. We could easily have an encounter with these planets while piloting our starships.
AQ MQ  Post #: 341
11/25/2010 23:24:21   
Glais

quote:

More dinosaurs. Everything's better with dinosaurs.

Finally SOMEBODY gets it!
The staff being small is the main problem, providing small releases which after playing for a little while and getting bored, people see no reason to return.

DF MQ  Post #: 342
11/26/2010 10:23:37   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Zamuel
I agree, but having to walk their every time afterwards is annoying.

Also, NSCs can't pilot starships, so how do they explore to the planets?
DF MQ  Post #: 343
11/26/2010 13:22:53   
forumlogin

@stealthwings
Don't tell me you didn't try jumping out of the exit hatch in the dropship. ;D

Exploration would be rather interesting. Of course, having a shortcut after the first time will be nice--like stealth, I'm not too fond of walking somewhere every single time--but first time exploration would definitely be interesting so long as it's not standard "Fight 20 enemies" procedure.
DF MQ  Post #: 344
12/11/2010 12:24:08   
lepnhoj

For me, the lack of new quests/missions has made me lose interest in the game.

I rarely buy equipment and buy maybe 5 or 6 different mechs per character each year. This is usually to have some rare powerful Mechs available to my characters finally level up.

I like to play Mech Quest mainly for the quests.

There has been a whole lotta Mech and hardly any Quest for months. This weeks release was all shops. I understand a ton of work went into this, but I need something new to do.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 345
12/11/2010 12:27:18   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Forum
I only did it once! And it was an accident!
Besides on my side (or was it my tertiary? I forget)
When the number of times I did it was only around 5 or 6. ... Hundred

And I agree exploration would be nice, but do the staff have time?
DF MQ  Post #: 346
12/11/2010 12:45:51   
lucky devil

what about putting it on the iphone touch or ipad
Post #: 347
12/16/2010 9:27:59   
Tricerachrone

Well, MQ IS boring sometimes, but not ALL the time, especially since I'm a SC. Only when there's, like, a MAJOR event THEN I play for a long time.
MQ  Post #: 348
12/16/2010 14:14:36   
Etrigan

I love MQ, I see how it's not very popular, but it's awesome. Grinding stuff is annoying, and there's something missing: A random item after a quest like in DF that is ALWAYS 2 levels under you to 20 levels over. Then it would become alot more popular.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 349
12/16/2010 14:54:01   
master mix

@clashofthetitans57

Nobody wants drops for some reason.

I do, but not many other people do.

I think that drops would make the game better to be honest.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 14 of 21«<1213141516>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition