Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: MQ's Low Popularity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 15 of 21«<1314151617>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/16/2010 14:55:34   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Lucky Devil
That is impossible. The ipad/iphone does not have flash. They could theoretically re-write MQ in whatever language the Iphone uses, but that would take several years without releasing anything.

It is on the droid though. And the wii, and a lot of other stuff. Anything with flash, has MQ.
DF MQ  Post #: 351
12/16/2010 15:19:32   
master mix

@stealth

It is on ALL androids with froyo or gingerbread.

The droid is just a type of android.

There is the desire family, mytouch, nexus, galaxy, etc.

I should know, I am into android stuff.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 352
12/16/2010 18:36:15   
forumlogin

@master mix
You've never gotten into the situation where there's a drop you need in DF, and you get everything EXCEPT that one drop you need?
It's so annoying. D:<
Psychologically effective in certain ways, possibly, but so, so annoying.
If they are ever to be implemented, I'd say fix other things first--DF's drops are tolerable because it's not on a whole stack of other things that irritate me (though drops, DA-only last quest, and DA half skillset did make me lose interest for a while).
DF MQ  Post #: 353
12/16/2010 19:28:54   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Master
Wait, what? I thought that the droid was the android. My family is obsessed with apple, but I prefer the droid to the iphone. I still don't know that much about them, besides that they have flash, and what some person with a droid showed me it could do.

@Forumlogin
Same with me, I find them really annoying. But at the same time, drops do boost traffic. I think they would be a good idea. Yes, they would be really annoying, and I would hate them, but still. When you are in that situation, you keep on playing, trying to get it. I played for a long time, and got a lot of levels and gold trying to get the CCA. I did the quest over 200 times, and never got it, and in the end bought it from cysero as soon as AExtras came out. But that being there made me, and probably a lot of other people play for a long time.
DF MQ  Post #: 354
12/16/2010 19:43:49   
forumlogin

@stealth
Yeah, true. XD
Annoying as it is, it has a chance of turning out well. :P
DF MQ  Post #: 355
12/18/2010 20:10:09   
Knoodlesguy

my only real theory is that maybe players like just being a magical hero with a simple sword and shield, having pets and being a full time human fighter, rather than a mech pilot. it might just be all on preference. I think MQ is the best of them all. it has the most options for customization, best graphics, the story is somewhat normal. The only thing that may be the problem is the extreme grinding. In AQ you can fight enemies many lv.s ahead of you and multiple enemies at a time, giving an increase to xp. in mq, everything is scaled to make you fights fair, but with a lower reward and mq has a low lv. cap compared to the other games. I personally like the way the lv. cap runs, but i have spoken to ex-mq players at my school and they simply lost interest due to extreme repetition. My thoughts are that if lower lv. players around lv. 15-25 had a way to speed lv. players would hold interest more. Most friends quit at about 15, and it can be long and boring around that lv. I have two characters at 14 and 18 on my account, and it is somewhat of a bore to play both of them.

< Message edited by Knoodlesguy -- 12/18/2010 20:11:34 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 356
12/19/2010 20:49:34   
Aldighieri

Well, MQ is rather unorganized. I leave the game for a year and find that I have no idea what to do next.

So I created a new character, and if I didn't know anything about the game, then I wouldn't know that I should ride the hovercar to get to the academy.

Yeah, so an overhaul to their story flow is necessary.
DF  Post #: 357
12/20/2010 10:30:41   
bluebowser31

Personally, i thought it was extremely fun, for awhile. My problem was just every update there was a new, better mecha, and with these things costing so much, I never saw myself as able to beat this game to my standards (Beat in an updating MMO meaning best equipment, and current level cap)

Also, the leveling took way to long... like, WAY to long. Ive never played an MMO where it took this long just to level up to 5 away from the cap.

Realizing both of these patterns, i basically just quit. Sure ive been back alot, but every time i do, after a short amount of time, i realize the same thing.

Also, adding this to my iphone wouldnt make me want to play it. Just saying

< Message edited by bluebowser31 -- 12/20/2010 10:46:36 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 358
12/20/2010 11:14:08   
zanathos

There are a couple android tablets, where it is kind of like an Ipad, but it plays MQ.

However, i find MQ's way of pricing things, kinda,... unsavory. Almost every item requires major farming to get it, and i have to do Major research on each new mech so that i don't lose my precious credits on a mech i don't like.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 359
12/20/2010 19:13:49   
Clyde
Legendary Artist!

Wow XD *shakes his horrible MotoCLIQ angrily*

This discussion is about MQ, not smart phones. If you want to there is an OOC Forum. Please stay on topic.
Post #: 360
12/20/2010 19:37:35   
Glais

@BlueBowser:Eh, yeah levelling's always been a bit of a problem, I was...pretty upset back at the lower levels when they actually lowered the EXP ratio despite it being the main complaint from players.

I think MQ could use a bit more organization myself, and more to cater to new players. It really needs to grab them and make sure they stay in the game.
DF MQ  Post #: 361
12/20/2010 22:51:31   
Knoodlesguy

well, even if leveling is the problem, it think it would be more beneficial for more challenges that don't hinge directly on level. Maybe more items that scale at lower levels, so most players start out with good equipment and keep things interesting. Maybe more missions that have a variety of requirements and minigames. At most low levels, the missions may all be different in objective, but they all involve fighting the same enemies you fight with the fight button. Perhaps if you could unlock salvage shops for defeating certain enemy bosses and random enemies, people would be more motivated to fight, despite repetition.

< Message edited by Knoodlesguy -- 12/20/2010 22:52:00 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 362
12/21/2010 14:57:03   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

quote:

ORIGINAL: Knoodlesguy

my only real theory is that maybe players like just being a magical hero with a simple sword and shield, having pets and being a full time human fighter, rather than a mech pilot. it might just be all on preference.

That may be some of it. A lot of games ranging from World of Warcraft back to Everquest to the original Legend of Zelda center on a fantasy setting as opposed to sci fi. However, people can be drawn to futuristic stories. I guess MQ's biggest weakness is that it doesn't feel personal enough so players have less of a reason to stick with it.
DF MQ  Post #: 363
12/22/2010 1:44:25   
lazarblast
Banned

This game isn't popular becase it isn't a good game. "That's your opinion!!"
True, but the fact of the matter is the weekly release the mechquest team constantly fails to deliver is very limited in content.
Nothing more than thirty minutes of content at the most if it's "New", witch most of the time, its just a simple shop with more rare content we don't need.
Or a Star-Captain-whenever-we-feel-like-mech, and you and I both know the recent mechs have been lackluster at best.
The permanent content is very weak, and the fact that you have to grind through the game and leave most early missions up to the RNG makes we want to tear my hair out.
The storyline is so bad it's funny. What is our objective? I know it has something to do with those robot dragons. I'm not sure, we haven't done anything storyline related in a long time.

Before you spend another cent on nova gems, look into a game called Minecraft. It's a 3d simple building/survival game, and it surpasses this game in quality by a long shot.
It cost me 15 US dollars. And I haven't regretted it since, unlike this game. This is just my opinion, flame away.
Post #: 364
12/22/2010 5:34:21   
TostiTostelli

Amen to Lazar. But im staying, call me desperate

Biggest problem by a huge margin, is the staff, there's simply not enough of them!
Then another problem, seems to me the staff is just not releasing enougn NEW things, that actually take time to accomplish.(and please , not another warXD)
When I say NEW, I mean New!! So, not a seriously dissapointing release of Frostval, thats just a combination of Frostval 2008 and 2009, just with upped levels...XD !

Saving MQ, and making it appeal to players from DF and AQ, is simply innovation.
I've said this before, and I'll say it again: stop making rather boring ''NEW'' releases, and start working on a main storyline quest, with small sidequests, to allow players to hit lvl 60. and allowing them to have FUN allong the way. Why lvl 60? Simply thinking ahead, the lvl cap is bound to be raised again someday!
Make a change!

If you're thinking of flaming me for saying this: I'm a loyal NG buyer, and I just bought the calendar AND the novel.
I am contributing, on the forums, and with financial aid. So: do something with it!
AQ MQ  Post #: 365
12/22/2010 10:00:22   
.R.M.

@^: I agree with most of that. Around the holiday moths (Dec-Jan) the MQ team focuses on holiday releases, not on the main storyline. Also, I'm glad that they Re-released the 2008 and 2009 frostvals. If they hadn't nobody who had missed it, would have got the Zorbo.
AQW Epic  Post #: 366
12/22/2010 12:18:21   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

quote:

to allow players to hit lvl 30

"Fixed". While seemingly a little snarky in my wording, it's a known fact that without farming you probably won't pass lvl 30 while playing. More content is needed overall.

@lazarblast: I'd heavily disagree with "isn't a good game". The issue is that it has key rough spots early on, it's a little disorganized overall, and the recent releases haven't been permanent. Plus, it's sort of poor form to directly advertise a different game within a forum.
DF MQ  Post #: 367
12/22/2010 21:43:45   
alexautin

Personally, when you guys say its hard to level, i think that it's the exact opposite. I was level 10 3 months ago, and now i'm 45 with awesome stuff and an insanely rich account.
but MQ does make it very incredibly boring to do that, and when i go on things like AQW, the people hate it over there because they are: 1) geeks, just like me, and therefore like fantasy stuff better than sci-fi, because fantasy sticks to their minds better. and 2) theres more social things in an MMO. why do you think facebook grew so fast? In MMOs, you can team up with others, and make valuable allies. therefore MQ's popularity goes down.

also theres an extreme lack of content. I got bored, so i played the entire MQ storyline over again. 2 times. it took me only 2 days, and i was very dissapointed.
the scaling monsters also make for no need to level, and people just quit.
also, the level cap is too low, like others said. we need new PLANETS, not new stuff on an old land. like in DF, i was pretty excited about revenloss, and i wasn't dissapointed. the storyline was great, just a little classic.

and cmon, a exp cap? i had 8 hours left to burn for my plane in chicago and tthere was an EXP CAP!>?!?!??!?!??!!?!
really?

and this game has way too many rares. seriously.
my entire invantory is basically rares.
and you guys are starting to be like RS and giving members every other thing in the game.
and yes. more requirements.
we need more high- level mechs.

LOOKY! IMMA RICH DUDE!

http://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=6740292

http://www.mechquest.com/mq-chardetail.asp?id=1119403
DF MQ  Post #: 368
12/22/2010 21:59:44   
Griffin the awesome

There really should be less rares.
Because there not really "rare" at all, if anything should be called rare, it's the non-rares.
And how is this game supposed to expand if 90% of the releases go away in a matter of weeks?
MQ  Post #: 369
12/23/2010 6:18:33   
Colarndo

No character page for 3 years, No pilots released for starship, hiatus of monthly SC mecha.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 370
12/23/2010 9:54:51   
TostiTostelli

quote:

Plus, it's sort of poor form to directly advertise a different game within a forum.

I would have to agree with that.

Putting my concerns this way: if something isn't changed soon, I fear MechQuest will die.
AQ MQ  Post #: 371
12/23/2010 13:31:49   
forumlogin

@alexautin
Finding different cities on the same planet would probably be similar to finding a different planet. :P
Each planet has only one city, after all, which is illogical.
What's so bad about new places on the same planet?

< Message edited by forumlogin -- 12/23/2010 13:32:04 >
DF MQ  Post #: 372
12/23/2010 15:58:08   
Sneevil Slayer

@all the small release complainers: You people do realize that MQ has the smallest team of all their games, right? It had a significantly larger team at one time, but people got dragged away to the newer games. It's not fair to compare MQ to all the other games, especially AQW, which got several people from the MQ team and has the largest team (to my knowledge) of any AE game. Most of you probably never played MQ back when it had the big team, and probably never played before the SCMM. The SCMM take up a ton of time to make, so shops are pretty much all the team has time for from what I've read in the DNs.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 373
12/23/2010 16:26:58   
IsabelWithBells

I must say that I started with AQ, moved to DF, and then on to MQ, and I've paid for Guardian, DragonLord, and Star Captain, respectively. However, among all the games, my favorite is undoubtedly DF - the game's pace seems to strike a fair balance between fast action and slow farming/grinding to accomplish an objective (Elemental War, anyone?). I don't play AQ that much anymore - not enough time - but MQ is really a drag to play, because of all the rolls; leveling up and moving onward simply takes too long, and is too repetitive. If that alone could be changed, I would find myself playing MQ a lot more, I think.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 374
12/27/2010 0:21:49   
DRAGONHUNT

I don't understand.

MQ has big weapons that blow up everything that take long attacks that go boom boom.
DF has little swords and axes that go slash slash and ping ping until someone falls on the floor.

MQ is way cooler, they just don't see it. Try leveling to level 12 and you will see awesomeness.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 375
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 15 of 21«<1314151617>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition