Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: MQ's Low Popularity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 5 of 21«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/21/2010 15:11:29   
EvilMeatBall NL

Maybe MQ would get more populair if the new people get an example of a big and exciting fight.

When you begin MQ you are at the dropship with only a Newbatron and a machine gun. When new player battle for the first time they can only use 1 weapon and con't have to use strategy or see the amezing graphics of MQ
Maybe if MQ had something like an example fight to show the new player how a real fight looks like MQ would be more populair.

Fighting with a Morehawk against a Decimater would give the player a good example of what 'real' fights are in Mechquest and something to go for; To have more exciting fights like that. Only have a Newbatron and a machine gun is a really bad example of a real fight.

I apologise for any spelling or grammar errors in my post. English is not my first language.
MQ  Post #: 101
5/21/2010 15:15:56   
Diark

@EMB NL:That is an awesome idea!.The staff could just use the code they used for the Wolf Mecha in the AvP saga.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 102
5/21/2010 15:22:45   
Maegwyn

@Diark: When blues gets back from vacation I would love to present your idea of having a 'balance day' separate from a bugfix day to him, see if he likes it, and then ask Korin if it's possible - or if Korin might want input from the rest of the team before making a decision.

@EvilMeatBall NL: That is also some really great input. With the work on the Dropship coming soon, Korin & I did discuss a few things about that "can only use that Newbatron with one weapon" - and your idea actually relates to that.

I feel badly since I'm not done reading p.2 and now I'm responding to posts on p.3 and p.4 ... I just had a second, saw there were new posts, and had time to respond to these two posts. Either Saturday or Tuesday I will get caught up and respond to tons of stuff I haven't read yet
Post #: 103
5/21/2010 15:34:04   
Diark

I was also thinking,Adding a side menu in the Description portion of the Shops for the effects would be VERY usefull.This way the players would know what their weapon does before buying and hence would be satisfied since they know what they are buying(Since a LOT times of people tend to get Angry for buying something which doesn't suit them or is useless for their build and hence would have chance of leaving because they Spent their hard earned Credits/Nova Gems on them).

< Message edited by Diark -- 5/21/2010 15:35:51 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 104
5/21/2010 15:44:01   
megakyle777

Maegwyn: While all these ideas for improvement are awesome, I personaly fel that the most important thing is making them known. Not a lot of people apart from MQ regulars check the MQ DN's and fourms these days.
DF  Post #: 105
5/21/2010 15:50:15   
Diark

Maybe adding an SC Quest in Soluna would please the SC's.How about a quest to get the starmap to your Starship?.Or maybe a quest to get access to SCMM's.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 106
5/21/2010 16:15:04   
Neliux

One of the thing i like about DF is that the staff make regular DN's to see what they are working for all the time, the wednesday sneak peek for example or shortly talk about future projects that give us something to look forward in the future, but the only DN's i see in MQ NOWADAYS are the monday bugfix and release DN's. I know most of the players dont even read them but people like me open up the DN's daily to see if there is something new... but no...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 107
5/21/2010 16:25:58   
Diark

@dante817-The Staff actually don't get time for Posting DN's after they finish doing the releases.They're hands are already full...........
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 108
5/21/2010 16:29:00   
Neliux

Yeah i know... they should indeed put some more staff in MQ. Im missing blues already.

< Message edited by dante817 -- 5/21/2010 16:31:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 109
5/21/2010 16:30:46   
Diark

Yeah i miss him too...........On a random note,I hope he goes in-game soon.

< Message edited by Diark -- 5/21/2010 16:31:09 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 110
5/21/2010 16:39:54   
jsrjohnny

Draciane:
quote:

-Slow and small releases: I talk about REAL release. Having 2-3 new mecha to me does not give me a lot of content to try. I talk about quests, planet, etc... My point is I was away for 6 Months. 6 long whole months. During that period, I missed the end of Westion saga, the new Vampire planet, some events like the new war on Lagos and the start of the start of the Dragonoid Saga, leading to Yokai. 6 months of release, I thought it would keep me busy for a while...I started last saturday getting up to date. I was done later that day...this left me a big feeling of emptiness. If I can do 6 months in 1 day...I can't imagine how people must feel when they see the weekly release and are quickly done with them. Of course they will go to the others games.

Wow that's EXACTLY what I always thought! I beat the past 2 Yokai releases in 3 hours, and that's with all the crazy hard rolls.
Post #: 111
5/22/2010 2:05:44   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

Since I seem to have found a bit of time on my hands at the moment, here are more thoughts on the fundamental structure of MQ. The more I think about it, the more I teeter towards the inclination that MQ is not as newbie-friendly as I feel it needs to be to not only attract but maintain an interested community. This brings me to the point of ranking quests, which are decently evident throughout MQ. As a new player, I want MQ to be able to grab my attention and keep me interested for a nice period of time. I want to be able to finish a quest and feel a sense of accomplishment and of progression. I want to feel that the end justifies the means and that the time I spent on a given release advances my cause towards whatever the goal of that quests is. In the cold plane that is reality, however, I am stuck with these ranking quests to unlock, most of the time, shops. This would be perfectly fine if it were not for my finding most of the items in MQ to contain minimal value. This is something I focused on in my earlier post, so I shall not go into detail here, but for the sake of a quick recap of the point I tried to get across, items just seem to be released for the sake of releasing items as opposed to fulfill a need or fill a niche.

How frustrating it then must feel to know that I spent hours upon hours on that ranking quest just to unlock a shop of items that are certainly good, but have minimal value in MQ because I can defeat 99.99% of the monsters anyways. An item is only as good as the monster it is being used on, and in MQ's situation, the monster base consists of mostly punching bags other than the occasional boss. As the new player, I am frustrated but move on to another quest. This time, I take the Energy Blade training class and my frustration is compounded due to monotony and low rewards. Since I am new, I am not yet a Star Captain so my frustration is further illuminated due to the restrictions on energy blades.

The point I am trying to get at is that ranking quests are indeed time consuming and need some restructuring. If the concept of ranking quests continue to be introduced, I would prefer some worthwhile incentive. AQ's Assassin class was one of the most frustrating quests roll-wise, but my interest was maintained due to the excellent storyline as well as the amazing Whispering Raiment armor, which filled a niche. It is just something nice to keep the player's interest while grinding out the quest and to provide an object of focus onto which they direct their attention. It gives them a legitimate reason to perform the quest, a tangible goal to extend their reach towards because, for those new players who happen to stumble upon a ranking quest, they may not be players for too long if they feel MQ does not make a good first impression when they get off the dropship.

< Message edited by The Game -- 5/22/2010 2:07:01 >
AQ  Post #: 112
5/22/2010 2:29:07   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Now, I tried the game's repeated battle to attain rank 20, When the level was first released. Let me tell you, getting to that lvl 20, (and this is mind you me using a star captain status with lvl 24 between normal and extreme mode) and I can tell you, I lost plenty of times, didn't matter what I equipped, I still got defeated around 5 out of 10 normal, on hard it was 7/ out of 10 and lastly on extreme it had been every 9 out of 10 that I got beat.

So before it was adjusted, the level was really, really hard. I will agree that I was... a bit surprised that the shops that opened contained some arm-weapons that may help, but didn't seem to be overly super impressive, however, the artwork behind those arms was nicely touched upon.

AQW Epic  Post #: 113
5/22/2010 10:22:22   
Diark

Well i was playing the new DF release and something came to my mind.Well in other AE games the player is not the only source of damage and healing.They have pets and guests.While im not suggesting to add guests or pets to MQ but more on the lines of well.........another source of Damage/Healing.Droids might be a good idea.Well they could either be DoT's or HoT's or they could be directly be present in battle to Damage or Heal.The latter might take time to code BUT it would make battles more..............interesting.

EDIT:I created a new character and found the GEARS entrance exam to be on VERY predictable lines and kinda boring.Adding a new Class(Maybe Cyborg?) to it and maybe a battle against Starbuck instead of another Hotdog might be intresting...................
I was also thinking about the Classification of enemies.Currently there is only ShS and Vampire both for High levels.Making a Classification of "Criminal" or "Bandit" for the SPD and Westion would make the New Players more Attracted to them.

< Message edited by Diark -- 5/23/2010 5:55:13 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 114
5/23/2010 16:47:35   
saroan7

yea i have the same low popularity with MQ i mean after this yokai release i kind of gave up on MQ
BUT!! theres is this lil list i just picked up and thinking of completeing everything on here for opening the Yokai
area
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
5/23/2010 22:14:24   
Pyronix15

Can we not create a second dragon fable or aq?

While I agree that DF has certain things that makes it so popular, mq doesn't need to copy its style and engine.

The alternate sources of damage is cool and all, but not for mq......

Can we instead work on that battleground effects feature?

Anyone remember zargon and its infamous factory battleground?

This had so much potential and yet it was dropped for next to no reason at all....

Your signature has been fired

Maximum signature size is 500px by 100px and 50kb.

~Kosefira
AQ MQ  Post #: 116
5/24/2010 0:53:15   
hulgana

My idea is probably not the most popular idea, but i somehow felt bored of MQ after becoming SC. I remember that when i was NSC, i really had fun with MQ because there was a challenge to me. Since NSC mechs are weaker than SC for the most of the time,i used different customizations and worked hard to get the mecha i wanted. Of course i wanted to become SC one day, but after becoming SC, everything got too easy.i didnt need to use customization and it got even boring after i maxed the lvl of all of my characters.Now, i only play MQ once in a week and finish everything in 2 hours or so.So in my opinion, making new challenges to players and revamping low and mid class leveled mechas would be a nice idea.

< Message edited by hulgana -- 5/24/2010 1:13:59 >
Post #: 117
5/24/2010 1:02:49   
Pyronix15

Gunna have to disagree with ya there hulgana.

while most zones are boring for sc's, the new yokia zone enemies are quite refreshing even for sc's, plus I love taking a non vamp build through a necro planet run....=p
AQ MQ  Post #: 118
5/24/2010 1:54:14   
Diark

The first place a new player vists in Soluna is probably GEARS...................It really needs an update....................
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 119
5/24/2010 1:57:13   
mechquestlord
Banned

maybe have a monthly unlockable nsc mech for newbies that scales to lvl... 15 perhaps? and has a bunch of good weapons. NOT OVERKILL! just things like at lvl 8 (start) have a good 30 dmg body?
MQ  Post #: 120
5/24/2010 2:02:27   
Diark

@mechquestlord-I said update in terms of Art and Dialogue................
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 121
5/24/2010 2:10:03   
Pyronix15

I believe the star ship was already updated, it even has quests now, and an awesome addictive mini game.
AQ MQ  Post #: 122
5/24/2010 3:16:27   
Diark

Just saw the ballyhoo ad for MQ.....................It REALLY needs to be changed.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 123
5/24/2010 9:41:22   
hulgana

As mentioned above, Gears university needs new classes or quests too.
Post #: 124
5/24/2010 9:50:12   
THIS_IS_SPARTA

quote:

I think that the credits are fine, its just the experience that seems to be really low.

Why are you guys complaining about MQ level requirements? It took me a day to get from 38 to 40..
Also some kind of suggestion:

Make quests mroe interesting.. I dunno, make a chest at th eend of some HARD quests,, wich contain some random created items, and the more times you do the quest the more chances you get good items..

< Message edited by THIS_IS_SPARTA -- 5/24/2010 9:54:34 >
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 5 of 21«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition