Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Bladehaven Battle Guide

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Portal Games >> RE: Bladehaven Battle Guide
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/7/2010 12:51:51   
SlyCooperFan1

@Lord Lee: Those strategies are extremely helpful, I don't think I could have beaten Survival Mode without them. Thank you so much. :D I put them into the guide (with some changes here and there to make it a bit easier to understand) and added you into the credits.

@Stephen Nix: Thanks!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
11/7/2010 17:28:41   
fabri17

thanks i didnt know that a monster attacks after a dodge :P it helped me alot
but the undead queen is still invincible X__x and i cant buy battleonpoints to get licences :(
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
11/7/2010 17:53:17   
Zhukai

fabri17: You can try purchasing the shield spell. It helped me a lot.
Post #: 28
11/7/2010 21:16:11   
SlyCooperFan1

@fabri17: If you can't get any licenses, then, like Zhukai said, get the shield spell, or even the Poison Strike spell. As I've heard, Poison helped so many non-contract players during Beta. Farm the monsters in Murlwood Swamp, or Muertom Forest if you want, until you have enough Gold to buy either or both of the two spells.

And yeah, every monster has a 100% chance of attacking after all dodges, and you'd have a 0% chance of hitting. o.o
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
11/8/2010 1:39:50   
Lord Lee

@SlyCooperFan1:

I'm glad I was able to impart some help with regards to the Survival Challenges. Thank you for crediting me in your guide and for correcting some of my idiosyncrasies so that it was easier to follow.

Could you please also add the little tidbit about the use of the Mercenary to maintain shield stamina, something a little bit like this:

Mercenary/Maintain Shield Stamina Technique: In battles, when a heal is not necessary the Mercenary should be used towards the end of battle when your shield stamina is low. This effectively interrupts the attack of the monster while you are waiting for the magic cooldown period. Ideally, this will ensure that there is still adequate shield stamina for blocking as you cast one final spell to defeat the monster.

Also just a minor correction to the Ice Strike Technique section instead of:

Ice Strike Technique: Ice Strike, with its built in stun, is useful to ensure that the monster gets few hits between your magic's cooldown and your shield's cooldown. In later battles, when the bosses have a lot of HP, you can take advantage of Ice Strike by inflicting a few hits with your sword while the opponent is stunned before defending again.

I've changed the bold section as it wasn't quite what I meant to the paragraph below:

Ice Strike Technique: Ice Strike, with its built in stun, is useful to ensure that the monster gets few hits between the magic cooldown. Ultimately this will ensure that you have more shield stamina and can stay safely shielded for longer. In later battles, when the bosses have a lot of HP, you can take advantage of Ice Strike by inflicting a few hits with your sword while the opponent is stunned before defending again.

Thanks again for incorporating this into your guide. Hope you can incorporate my current suggestions too.
AQ  Post #: 30
11/8/2010 2:40:40   
SlyCooperFan1

@Lord Lee: I decided to add the Mercenary/Shield Stamina technique to "The Advanced", since that technique would work for all battles, not just Survival Mode. And sorry about the second part of your post, I didn't know which cooldown you were referring to. :P Updated.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
11/8/2010 4:36:42   
Lord Lee

Your right it fits nicely in "The Advanced" section of your guide.

I never really had to use the Mercenary/Shield Stamina technique in general battles though as only in Survival Mode do the monsters accumulate enough HP to worry about adopting such a strategy.

No need to be sorry about anything either. If anything I should be sorry for being unclear in my initial explanation of the Ice Strike technique. Thank you for updating the guide. I'm sure your guide has helped many players already.

Hopefully the staff will take notice of the enthusiasm of forum members to Bladehaven and continue to work on more chapters and updates.
AQ  Post #: 32
11/8/2010 16:39:36   
SlyCooperFan1

It may not be fully needed, the Mercenary/Shield Stamina technique, for normal battles. But then again, I have to make sure that I cover every aspect of battles - if none of the other strategies work out, and that one does, for a specific player, then it's a good thing it was here. ;)

You shouldn't have to hope for more updates. Warlic confirmed, if they see that a lot of people really enjoy this game and really want this to be continued, they will continue the story. :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
11/10/2010 20:10:54   
Skye14

so we have to kill 75 monsters non stop or can we log out and our progress is saved?

also what if i die in the survival mode, is my progress saved too?

Please do not double post, it creates spam and only clutters the page. If you have something to add, use the edit button. If you need to get rid of an earlier post, use the delete button. Read the Comprehensive Rules > Posting Behavior for more information.

< Message edited by Trog -- 11/10/2010 21:51:11 >
Post #: 34
11/10/2010 20:30:48   
coolboypai

nope
you have to do it in 1 go
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
11/10/2010 22:47:48   
SlyCooperFan1

@Skye14: These sort of questions go in the Q+A topic. As for your question, no, you need to defeat 75 monsters without dying or running or exiting the game. Same goes for the 25 bosses.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
11/10/2010 22:52:14   
Skye14

Ok Thx
Post #: 37
11/19/2010 22:12:51   
Elementer

May I give you another strategy? This has helped me throughout the Survival, and won me the boss battles with much ease.
(Note: This is especially good for short battles, like Undead or Crocs. But it's great for the longer battles too.)
1. Start out with your merc. With it's annoying laughing animation, it'll take time to start attacking.
2. Immediately switch and cast a spell. The best choice are Ice Strike, but Poision and Fire strike are great too.
3. Your merc should've started now, and Ice Strike should've stunned it.
4. Attack with your sword; it'll save you precious seconds and shave off a lot of damage.
5. Your enemy should be killed if its a croc/undead. If it's a Orc or higher, it's HP should be halved. Continue slashing/shielding, and cast one more spell once your MP is regained.
6. Win with minimal damage :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
11/19/2010 22:44:58   
  Rickyb20
PockeyChew Master

Just to back up the above comment, I have used this strategy (mostly with the Fire Spell), and it works really well. I strongly recommend using this strategy, as you'll defeat lots of monsters.

~Ricky

< Message edited by Rickyb20 -- 11/19/2010 22:45:09 >
AQW  Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Portal Games >> RE: Bladehaven Battle Guide
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition