Portal Games Question and Answers Thread
This is the place to ask your questions or to answer other's questions.
Please remember to stay on topic and don't spam. Also try not to flame/troll/harass another member for not knowing something.
When a question is answered try not to repeat the same answer.
One more thing: this isn't a race to be the first one to answer so take your time since you're helping others.
is a virtue. If your questions aren't answered at first then delete your first one with the
button and repost it.
Though if one hundred people are posting at once there is always a chance someone will miss your question.
Posting "I'm waiting for an answer" doesn't help make anything any better.
As this thread develops, there will be certain questions that are asked frequently. To avoid having to answer these questions all the time, they will be added to the first post with the answer to them.
If you feel like a question belongs in this first post, you can send a PM to one of the moderators or ArchKnights listed below. Remember to send the answer to the question in the PM when you want to submit one.
List of moderators and ArchKnights that you can submit questions to:
Bomber of Justice
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When is ____ coming out? Etc
2. How do I obtain the Mercenary Pet in AQW?
3. Save/Load Character Bug
4. Where do bugs go?
5. When does the Beta phase end?
6. How does weight effect gameplay?
7. Why does my master account only show 10 of my achievements?
8. How do I obtain all 31 Achievements?
--------1) Questions about "When will _____ happen?" "When is _____ coming out?" "What is going to happen next !?" "Is _____ going to ________?" "Why isn't _____ in the game?" and the like
Don't ask. Most of the time, we do NOT know. The ONLY time that we would know is if there is an announcement by the staff.
--------2) How do I obtain the Mercenary Gnome Pet in AQW?
It is very simple. First before do anything else make sure your AQW account is linked to the MasterAccount System on the Battle Portal site. With your BattleOn Points you purchase the Mercenary Contract which opens up the Mercenaries shop. There you can buy any of the three Gnome mercenaries. After that you should have the Mercenary Gnome pet in your inventory. It is a Non-member pet.
--------3) Whenever I log back in/load my character it is reset back to Level 1, what do I do?
First off, take a deep breath. Make sure you press SAVE CHARACTER before you log out. Also, make sure to hit Log out of your BattleOn Games Account instead of just quitting your Browser.
10/17/10 Update - If your character was reset after the update then please read this: =PG= Has Your Character Been Reset?
10/15/2010 Update -
Hello Everyone! I am glad you are enjoying Bladehaven! it was so much fun to make this game for you!
Anyway, I joined forces with Zhoom today to tackle that hideous save game bug... you know the one where your game doesn't actually save >_<
After an epic struggle we finally narrowed it down to a simple permissions issue... Now everything should be working properly again! I sincerely apologize to anyone who lost your gameplay progress in because of this bug. But, this IS a beta and things are bound to go haywire...BUT... Now, you can show off your shiny new Bladehaven Beta Badge Achievement and proudly declare: "Bladehaven Beta ate my save game... and this badge proves it!!"
Note: Achievements and upgrades purchased with Battleon Point were NOT affected by this bug. You should still have everything you purchased or earned.
If you want your character restored, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your master account name (note: password isn't necessary) and a description of your Bladehaven character.
--------4) I've found a bug, where does it go?
Bugs should not be posted in any-other Game forum or in the discussion/questions and answers/etc threads as they do NOT belong there. Bugs should be reported in the =PG= Bug Reports Go Here! thread. Bugs that you think could be abused should be PM'd to any of the Portal Games ArchKnights. For more information, please read =PG= Reporting Bugs & Spoilers Reminders.
Here is a list of what bugs were recently fixed: =PG= Bladehaven Bug Fixes Uploaded
--------5) When does the BladeHaven Beta phase end?
From Warlic himself: "Not sure the exact timeframe for the Beta - I actually would like it to only last 1 week.... but I wouldn't be surprised if it is a month."
--------6) What effect does weight have on weapons?
Heavy weapons require the mouse to move farther to activate a swing. They are hard to use, but they have higher minimum damage and usually hit for higher damage.
--------7) Why does my master account only show 10 of my achievements?
The master account page only shows your 10 most recent achievements, so if you want to see them all you have to press the "menu" button in the lower right corner of the game. Then you will be able to view all your achievements.
-------8) How do I unlock all 31 Achievements?(thanks to Mechajin for the original)
- Squires Luck: Defeat your first enemy in BladeHaven! (Defeat an enemy that isn't a training dummy)
- Swamp Master: Defeat Crocos, The boss monster in the Murlwood Swamp
- Necro Smasher: Defeat the Undead Queen, The Boss monster for Muertom Forest
- Warrior of Strengh: Defeat the Orc Boss, The Boss monster for the Caverns of Khronos
- Minotaur Horns of Plenty: Defeat the Grade A Minotaur, The boss monster of Mt.Fouldoom
- Dragon Slayer: Defeat the Dragon.
- Fast Learner: Complete the Tutorial
- Rookie Knight: Defeat 10 Enemies
- Veteran Hero: Defeat 25 Enemies
- Legend: Defeat 100 Enemies
- Dervish: Swing your weapon 500 times
- The Mage: Cast 100 Spells
- Fortress: Block 300 Attacks
- Punisher: Land 100 Successful blows
- Master Knight: Reach Level 10
- Contender: Reach Level 5
- A hero is born: Start A character in bladehaven
- Battle Ready: Reach level 2
- The Name of Legends: Defeat the Dragon and complete the story
- The Rescuer: Rescue 30 Villagers
- The Martyr: Die 10 times
- Keeping an Eye out: Spot and defeat Jimmy the Eye Once!
- The Eyes Have it: Spot and defeat Jimmy the eye 10 times
- Tormenter: Land 500 Successful blows
- Impenetrable: Block 1000 attacks
- Archmage: Cast 500 Spells
- Orc's Prophecy: Die 100 times?
- Hero of Gold: Earn 100,000 Gold!
- Soldier of Fortune: Use 10 Mercenary attacks
- Bladehaven Beta Badge: Participate in the Bladehaven Beta Test!
< Message edited by Clyde -- 10/18/2010 21:05:33 >