Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Inconceivable Truth About Enhancements

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The Inconceivable Truth About Enhancements
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/24/2011 16:21:24   
He Who Lurks

Now, players have been praising the call for stat enhancements for awhile and we've gotten that, but there's a horrible reaction to skill enhancements that I've noticed. Your probably shocked to hear this but what could this be? First off, lets think of a situation. You buy a weapon for 975 varium and you've purchased the 1250 varium pack just for that weapon, a week passes and skill enhancements is introduced, after a couple of days you realize that your win rate has been lowered and everyone has stronger weapons than yours(due to enhancements), end up purchasing 1250 and for fun, let's say you decide to upgrade super killer noob weapon #1 for 4 stat points(which cost 300 in varium prices), now you're able to compete with EVERYONE ELSE(or just about everyone else). Now, do you get it? Your able to compete with EVERYONE ELSE meaning just about everyone else who's following the enhancements trend will be getting their weapons upgraded meaning that everyone is basically equal. Where's the advantage there? Not only that but non-varium players are even more at disadvantage to compete. If you have everyone getting stat enhancements for their weapons hoping to get a advantage than if everyone decides to enhance their weapons, where is the advantage? The staff introduced this to armors also. Now, may I ask, what does this tell you?

Let's just use in one area instead A Comprehensive Balance Discussion to discuss for balancing. Thanks. :) ~AVA

< Message edited by AVA -- 2/6/2011 9:25:14 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
1/24/2011 16:27:43   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

I'm guessing soon every weapon might get enchancement slots? But the thing is, enchancements are now available to all players, if they were to lower the price, non variums could compete!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/24/2011 16:28:33   
TurkishIncubus

WTF!! skill enhancement ??? it will ruin the game more money more money more money i think Titan's idol is Napoleon. We give 20$ to a wep , 20$ for skills :S

Epic  Post #: 3
1/24/2011 16:31:13   
He Who Lurks

^Ha, I'm sorry I meant stat/weapon/armor not skill.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
1/24/2011 16:32:58   
TurkishIncubus

^ Ohh thnks god cmon man i was near to a heart atck
Epic  Post #: 5
1/24/2011 16:44:02   
He Who Lurks

^But considering they are armor enhancements, why not?
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
1/24/2011 18:49:23   
RandomForumer
Banned

I'm saying, PLEASE No more ARMOR And GUN Enhancemets, I have very little varium on all 3 off my accs :/,And ED Is gonna sap my Varium like a beast.
Post #: 7
1/24/2011 18:55:26   
Zean Zapple

I agree with Pablo, lower the credit prices, give the non-varium players at least something to chew on.

~ZZ
Epic  Post #: 8
1/24/2011 19:15:42   
edwardvulture

^ when you say that, you are nor llokng out solely for the non variums. If you were you would offer the topic of a credit robot. Anyways, I thnk enhancements just killed the game.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
1/24/2011 19:27:38   
Master K

I think that their varium hungry prices ate the game.
We pay for it with real CASH MONEY.
We pay credits and varium, which is alot for one thing.
We don't get some our varium back when we sell it?

Unacceptable.

Credit prices are way too high, the varium sellbacks don't exist, and the limited quantity stock sucks because if your not the right level, your doomed.
Like frostbane, charfades stuff, ect...
ITS NOT FAIR!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/24/2011 21:51:56   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

I agree, some varium items are priced too high, but it is necessary to prevent varium users from gaining too great an advantage. However, with so many aspects of the game requiring varium, a lot of players now view the game as a money sucking machine. I believe that if players could get some varium back when they sell their varium items it would help improve the reputation of the game.

If not having money(or not wanting to use money) to buy varium is the problem, then it shouldn't be a big issue. BattleOn allows us to get free points and use those points to get free varium. If you're not familiar with how to do this, watch this tutorial video I made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnH3FOM9SdI
-- OR --
Read this post that gives you 2 more ways to get free varium.
Epic  Post #: 11
1/24/2011 22:48:32   
The Joker X

I wonder if you guys also realize that enhancements make almost every single wep in the game the same if fully enhanced. Take imperial axe and frostbane for example. Imperial axe : cost- 995varium stats- 8dex 10tec 8support. Frostbane : cost- 1500!varium stats- 8dex 8tec 8sup. <2 less base stats than imperial yet they have basicly the same placement.
Ok so frosty has 10 enhancements and imperial has 6. Overall frosty has 2 more stats than imperial if enhanced all the way. These weps are totally the same! So why buy frosty if imperial is 500 varium less, plus!, you save varium on enhancements since imperial has 2 more base stats than frost. Which makes frosty about 1k varium overpaid. (srry for getting offtopic but its relevant in a way)

Yea so getting back on topic... as shown above those two weps are about the same. 2 stats dont make much of a difference. Im pretty sure in the end, when ED has released like 25 enhancement slots, all weps literally can and shall be the same when fully enhanced. So yea, im done. :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/25/2011 0:20:04   
Avantir

Both the Varium and Credit prices are too high. I suggest that they be 20 Varium or 1000 Credits per enhancement slot (The price would not increase for more stats). So for 10 stat points it would be 200 Varium or 10000 Credits.

You want us to sneak into the Cap and rescue him?

Yes.

Oh. You aren't joking. You're crazy!
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 13
1/25/2011 0:29:53   
Angels Holocaust

I'm starting to think that this whole game has become a huge problem. Everything that we've wished for has come back to bite us in the end. Class change, enhancements all of these ideas were supposed to benefit the players and make it fun for them. In the end the Devs exploited them and used our ideas to take our money.
Post #: 14
1/25/2011 0:32:29   
Dusty2050

Avantir, I believe that the varium prices are high to increase their profit. Credit pricing is high so that even though nonvarium people can enhance, it is really expensive and varium becomes more wanted. Also, I agree that varium should have sellbacks, but that is for some other thread.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
1/25/2011 0:35:39   
awesomewarriors1

*slap myself in the face*

~Awesomewarriors1
~My Twitter
~Battle On!
Post #: 16
1/25/2011 7:29:28   
Thylek Shran

Enchancements are something for players that have tons of gold and
dont know where to spend it. Its a money sink for credits but also an
income when players buy them for varium. When there will be released
better armors and main weps enhancements become obsolete.
But they could also be used to skip a weapon/armor release.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The Inconceivable Truth About Enhancements
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition