Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= New Balance Update

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Balance Update
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/9/2011 12:21:11   
tigura

@above- no offense, but u should chill. I really thought that this was a great update. You are right that good builds fail. All of the OLD good builds fail. Thats why you need to make new good builds. ALthough I do agree that 5 focus builds are seriously OPed... but that is easily fixed with a bot damage nerf; maybe bots do only 5 more damage for focus.

I am a DoomKnight
DF Epic  Post #: 51
4/9/2011 13:05:55   
MirageD

the thing that makes me mad about these kind of updates, is it forces me to spend in-game money to adjust my stats.....i'm now being penalized for buying weapons that increase my stats??????
AQW Epic  Post #: 52
4/9/2011 13:09:22   
tigura

Its not really a penalty, its just that the stat progression has gone up. Of course, its only gone up starting with stats that are above 50. You arent actually losing stat points... you're just not getting as much out of them.
DF Epic  Post #: 53
4/9/2011 13:20:24   
MirageD

the problem is....i paid to enhance my weapons and armor...and now i'm getting penalized for doing so
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
4/9/2011 13:33:53   
TurkishIncubus

^

If you remove enhancements it will be more less , its not penalized , it changed , Now after 50 STR go up every 5 DEX go up every 4 Tech Go up every 3-4 and SUPP go up every 5 so its not penalized its just changed
Epic  Post #: 55
4/9/2011 13:46:22   
ambien

the update was great staff makes me fight a little bit better like rockem sockem robots. l still am winning like l said great update.
gives mages a chance now to be able to stand up and fight better.

even if l am a bh the bunnys are great auxs

thanks staff nice job

always the SyFy
Post #: 56
4/9/2011 15:13:30   
Bunshichi

Yet I find everyone complaining about str mercs this balance screwed up alot of 2 vs 2 ppl. It was tough enough trying to kill 2 people if your partner is weak or runs now its nearly impossible with the weak stats.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
4/9/2011 15:47:33   
Firewallblast

I really 100% suggest to bring focus and the stat limit to 60, I would love this update.
AQW Epic  Post #: 58
4/9/2011 18:11:34   
Grunstang

this game is getting ruined. i like beta a lot better. so simple. such as no focus, no agility, no balance stuff, aux's and weps werent 2k varium each.it unbalanced every1's build now every1 is penalized because they need to test out new builds, and if there is a way to get rid of this pointless update, i would do so if i were NW or titan

i agree 100%

I have merged your posts, please do not double post as it is considered spam. Please use the edit button to add any additional information to your post. ~Illuminator

< Message edited by Illuminator -- 4/9/2011 18:23:19 >
Post #: 59
4/9/2011 19:13:29   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

After a few fiddles with the enhancements and stats, i found a build i really like. I guess the sudden focus change has changed my build for the better.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
4/9/2011 19:22:20   
Light Stridr

Personally, you should've diminished the stats again at 80, then at 110.

Also, robot damge should've been nerfed to 5 damage per level of Focus.
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
4/9/2011 19:34:47   
Nebula

^You do realize that would make them have +25 damage at 5 focus andm ake them completely useless, right?

To be honest, I actually like this update. It has helped me greatly as a mage. The focus nerf was desperately needed, it was far too powerful and the stats nerf is... interesting. It works well for me but a lot of people hate it.
Post #: 62
4/9/2011 22:00:36   
BlueKatz

Interesting update, for me (look at complaining people)
The thing bother me is how people abuse HP, it's becoming most powerful stat. Defensive skill using stat is getting a lot weaker
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 63
4/9/2011 22:08:53   
drinde

I would support if the Cap is brought to 60 before adding penalties.

Maybe like this:

01-060: Normal
60-080: +1 for Upgrading
80-110: +2 for Upgrading
110: + 3 For Upgrading
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 64
4/9/2011 22:41:27   
Firewallblast

Wow i like that plan drinde support ur idea 100%
AQW Epic  Post #: 65
4/9/2011 22:55:15   
jegaggin

i agree!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
4/9/2011 23:17:47   
edwardvulture

Hey Titan this ain't cool the NPCs are heal looping on me
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 67
4/9/2011 23:56:11   
Wiseman

I have a few things involving balance I wish to mention, this includes diminishing returns, luck factors, rage, and agility.

Diminishing Returns: I think that the diminishing returns aren't doing their job, the goal was to make 1 stat only extreme builds less effective, however since EVERYONE is effected equally hardly anything has changed. I can still make a high strength Stun-Zerk build at 133-138 strength and lower health to bout 107-109 and still two turn most people, and 3-4 turn the NPCs. If you truly want to reduce the effectiveness of having stats higher, then you will have to have more then one level of diminishing returns, I'm thinking +1 stat point needed in multiple areas. Each increment for the diminishing stat level should go up by 10 points each time, to make up for the extra stat points needed for each level.

This should explain it better.

50 is the first level
80 would be the second
120 would be third
170 would be fourth

As you can see I added 10 stat points extra to each level which is a net for the extra 1 stat needed per level. This means that the next level after 170 would be 230...then 300

At each level the stats needed to reach one more Dmg/Def/Res should require 1 more stat point.

So basically.
Strength/Dexterity/Technology/Support

Level 0 (49- Stats) 4/3/2.7/4
Level 1 (50+ Stats) 5/4/3.7/5
Level 2 (80+ Stats) 6/5/4.7/6
Level 3 (120+ Stats) 7/6/5.7/7
Level 4 (170+ Stats) 8/7/6.7/8
Level 5 (230+ Stats) 9/8/7.7/9
Level 6 (300+ Stats) 10/9/8.7/10

There's no need to ever take it above level 6, because even if the level cap was 100 it would be near impossible to reach over 300 stats for one stat without sacrificing too much.

That is what I would consider diminishing, and I think that would work much better in lowering the effectiveness of builds that only have a lot of points in one stat.

If its decided that 60 should be the base level then just increase all of the above stat levels by 10 points (60/90/130/180/240/310).

Luck Factors: "Luck" or rather RNG in this game plays much to large of a role, in a flash based game RNG tends to stick to you like glue, meaning if you get unlucky you will REMAIN unlucky for a long period (in most cases), same applies to getting lucky. In a system that is that unpredictable I would suggest that luck factors (Critical,Deflections,Blocks,Stuns) shouldn't play as big of a role. For that reason I feel that ALL of the luck based effects in this game should be changed in a way that makes them less of a deciding factor of battles.

Critical Hits: Critical hits are extremely game breaking in ED if someone crits you in a battle you are almost guaranteed to lose, and no matter how much support you get, if the RNG decides to give you a negative roll you will suffer from crits and they will stick to you for a long time. To fix this issue I suggest that crits only ignore 15% of the receiving players def/res, lowering the % chance to get a Critical Hit wont change much because of the RNG but lowering how much defense critical hits ignore will make them far less of a deciding factor. They will still be helpful in battle just not as much as now, 15% seems kinda low, but they are meant to help you win not automatically give you the victory.

Deflections: Out of all the luck factors, I'd say deflections is the least prominent, they don't seem to happen as often as the others and when they do its not as noticeable or game breaking. However when someone deflects multiple times in one fight that's when things become a problem, this happens often when RNG decides to give you deflection issues. To fix deflections only a small adjustment is needed, they should only stop 25% of the damage from guns and auxiliary weapons instead of 50%. This small adjustment will make deflections less of a deciding factor in battles while keeping them useful enough to turn a battle in a players favor.

Stuns: Stuns are by FAR the most overpowered luck factor in Epic Duel, when someone is stunned not only do you ignore a % of their defense when you hit them, they also cannot block or deflect and lose an entire turn. So its a free hit a turn skip and you do MORE damage, hmmm that sounds a tad bit overpowered, and it is...it really is. My suggestion for stuns is to remove the defense ignoring factor completely, also ALL percents to stun should be lowered by 10% that includes base stun chance and the maul skill. Even these changes might not lower its power enough, however it will help some, if you stun someone...they will lose most of the time. Someone suggested that stuns shouldn't skip a players turn completely, instead it should block them from using any offensive moves only, so they can only use shields and heal when stunned, that might be a better system if it can be implemented.

Blocks: Everyone hates blocks...and for good reason they stop ALL damage from any strike or skill that can be blocked, which is basically a complete waste of a turn (though you do get some rage from it). Block calculations seem fine to me as they don't happen too often (unless someone has high dex and shadow arts but that's to be expected) and you can get around them and still win sometimes. However the fact that they stop all damage from a skill is the issue here, I think any skill that hits multiple times should have a chance to connect PER HIT. So a skill that hits 2 times would have 2 chances to connect instead of just 1, so if a bounty uses cheap shot and the first hit is blocked the second hit might connect.

Three important things to note bout the block change.

1. Each class has different type of regular strikes, bounties sometimes hit twice when doing strike, and the mage rage attack only hits once. If this gets implemented the class strikes and rage strikes would need to be re-adjusted to hit the same number of times.

2. Mercs and Bounties are the only classes that have skills that hit multiple times, however Tech Mages have the MOST unblock-able skills, that being said while Mercs and Bounties benefit from this change Tech Mages would NOT be harmed by the change in any way.

3. Massacre at this time is considered by the majority to be the strongest super move in the game, because it goes by weapon damage and strength, and is unblock-able. With this change Massacre could be made block-able since each of the hits would have a chance to connect, that would essentially bring it down to the same level as the other two classes super moves. (I'm sure bounties will argue this fact, however this is something that even the developers are aware of)

In summery.

Critical Hits: Should only ignore 15% defense or resistance. (They are crits not automatic win buttons)
Deflections: Should only stop 25% dmg not 50% (How do you stop half a bullet anyway?)
Stuns: Should have two changes, and perhaps a possible 3rd.
1: Remove the defense ignore factor from all stuns.
2. Lower ALL percents to stun by 10%
3. Make it where a stunned player can use defensive moves (like heal and shields), but not offensive moves?
Blocks: Should go by hit by hit basis instead of skill by skill. So if you use a skill that hits 3 times ALL three hits should have a chance to connect.

Rage: Okay now that we got the longest portion of this post out of the way, lets move on to rage. Tanks are becoming more powerful with the new diminishing returns for three reasons.

1. Lower damage from attacks cause rage to charge slower.

2. Removing focus means you will only hit 3s on them (most of the time).

3. Skills like Bunker Buster and Surgical Strike are unaffected, while skills like Blood Shield are more powerful (because everyone is doing lower damage and getting rage slower).

If my above suggestion for diminishing returns was to be added, tanks would become EVEN MORE overpowered then they are now. Rage rate would be slower and damage/defense/resistance would be lower. This means that they would be able to do more damage on you with skills like Bunker and Surgical, Heal most of the little damage done to them easily with Field Medic, and lower effectiveness even more with skills like Hybrid and Blood Shield. (I'm using Mercs as an example because its the class I'm most familiar with, I'm sure other class tanks are effected in a similar fashion).

The best way to fix this is to buff the amount of defense rage ignores to about 50% and return the rage rate to how it was before it was lowered. Most responses would be (but then players would rage too fast) however with the diminishing returns getting higher as stats raise, the rage rate lowers, meaning that in the end it will even out.

In summery.

Rage: Should ignore 50% defense, and it should also be returned to its faster charge rate.

Agility: Illuminator has provided a new formula for agility which scales based on level.

Level 1: 100 agility 61 health or lower, lose 10 agility for every 15 health after that
All agility amounts increase based on this: PLevel+60+(PLevel/4)

I do not take credit for this, nor do I understand it fully, he would have to post to explain it, but from what I gather the main purpose of this is so as the level cap raises players wont be too limited when it comes to health.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 4/11/2011 15:36:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
4/10/2011 0:13:53   
Bunshichi

^above

I guess the luck is sticking to meh =d I've lost my last 10 - 15 fights by deflects,crtiticals, and blocks.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
4/10/2011 0:21:34   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@Wiseman: I agree with your point about diminishing returns that they don't punish extreme builds like Strength Mercenaries enough. Multiple tiers of diminishing stats is a must.

At the current low threshold of 50 stats, most high level players have at least 1 stat that's been diminished by this change. If anything, this change does the most to hurt balanced builds, who will suffer diminished returns on all their stats, rather than Strength builds which will suffer only in Strength. In terms of relative power, the diminishing returns of stats simply brought everyone down together. It didn't have the intended effect of hitting extreme builds harder than non-extreme builds.

I do however think that diminish stats need to be scaled by level in the same way as Illuminator's suggestion for Agility. At lower levels, nearly all the viable builds are "extreme" builds, yet these aren't affected at all by the diminished stats.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
4/10/2011 0:28:58   
Illuminator

Wiseman asked me to explain that proposed agility formula that he posted that BarneyPwnsU and I made. So that is what this post is.
The formula: PLevel+60+(PLevel/4)

It's fairly straightforward, but he asked me to explain it to make sure it's fully understood.
So at level 1 agility would look like this:
100 agility = 61 health or lower
90 agility = 62-75 health
80 agility = 76-90 health
70 agility = 91-105 health
60 agility = 106-120 health
50 agility = 121-135 health
40 agility = 136-150 health

Now obviously a level 1 will have 100 agility, but these are just the baselines at which it will scale upwards and you will see it actually come into play at the higher levels.

Now for the formula:
PLevel+60+(PLevel/4)
PLevel= Player Level
Round decimals to the nearest whole number

This formula gives the maximum amount of health allowed for 100 agility, then for each level of agility you need 15 more health just how it is now.

So if you plug in level 1 you would do:
1+60+(1/4)
That would equal 61.25, since you round to the nearest whole number it would be 61 health max for 100 agility.

I'll give a few examples using other levels.

Level 13:
13+60+(13/4)
That would equal 73+3.25=76.25
Rounded to the nearest whole number is 76 health max for 100 agility. Then 90 agility would be 91 health max, 80 agility would be 106 health max, and so on.

Level 22:
22+60+(22/4)
That would equal 82+5.5=87.5
Rounded to the nearest whole number would be 88 health max for 100 agility. Then 103 health max for 90 agility and 118 health max for 80 agility, etc.

At level 33 it would look like this:
33+60+(33/4)
93+8.25
Rounded to 101 health max for 100 agility. Giving these ranges for level 33 players:
100 agility = 101 health or lower
90 agility = 102-116 health
80 agility = 117-131 health
70 agility = 132-146 health
60 agility = 147-161 health
50 agility = 162-176 health
40 agility = 177-191 health

This formula would basically allow for agility to stay in place while still being able to raise the level cap and not force players to be compressed into higher defenses or attack power.

< Message edited by Illuminator -- 4/10/2011 0:32:12 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 71
4/10/2011 1:52:12   
tigura

@illuminator- thats a great idea! Really helps balance out agility :D
DF Epic  Post #: 72
4/10/2011 3:11:49   
edwardvulture

While you guys are at this remenber to make agility correspond with NPCs
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 73
4/10/2011 4:21:46   
Firewallblast

@Wiseman

It is really nice for some 1 to think of a way to help the game except complain about the things the dev's made. ( I am one of those ppl , but not to a high extent)

@Illuminator

Nice idea that's all i have to say

@Devs

Plz increase the stat cap to 60 and implement Wiseman's idea

< Message edited by Firewallblast -- 4/10/2011 4:22:21 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 74
4/10/2011 6:19:34   
Nehal007

O lost most of the fights coz of facing blocks n criticals.....n not only tht sometyms i lose to non variums juz coz of criticals...3 crits in 1 fight. Is is fair??

@WISEMAN The things tht u suggested to change is good enough but according to me tanks r not being overpowered bt the str mercs r....n str bounties too which is making this game one sided. All bounties(almost all) hv started using the same build i.e. smoke + massacre. Focusing on this point i think that massacre could b blocked n u guys must think upon it. N again back to str merc...they use stun n most of the tym they r successful which increases their chances of winning n they even get the first turn.

N also i m fed up wid low lvls crittin me n misusing report* button n some them even use bad languages if they lose. N i hv noticed tht few moderators (not all but some of them n i dont want to take their names) r misusing their powers
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Balance Update
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition