Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= New Balance Update

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Balance Update
Page 7 of 10«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/17/2011 12:02:30   
sunis

All who are satisfied with the game, the game happy.
Who is not happy, wait for the new rare item varium, maybe it will help your problem temporarily ... until the next update.
All this is not your game.
All for money to buy things was not yours.
Here things are not yours.
There is only an illusion that you're playing ... This particular system you are playing for.
It would be a good game .... If it is a little respect, democracy player, who pay money for it.
And if you are not satisfied ... in accordance with the rules of the game Come F. .. t.

: DDDDDDDD
Post #: 151
4/17/2011 12:24:38   
gizmothepeacemaker

this game is now totaly ruined.i quit.
Post #: 152
4/17/2011 15:12:53   
edwardvulture

@DJ: They're already the most powerful build if you've been playing.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 153
4/17/2011 15:45:35   
OC

you really messed this game up its not worth playing anymore
Post #: 154
4/17/2011 19:20:20   
XxEPiC Str3NGtHxX

So I decided to check out good ol' epicduel after having quit, and then I stumbled over this so called "update", when I saw what had happened to this game, Put simply I was ready to puke all over my carpet. I thought that after having come back, things might change for the better and that finally people might stop being so bothered about balance and actually started having fun. Now I'm sorry but this update, like most others has been to take advantage of zillionaires that keep HAVING to put money in this game endlessly to stay competitive.
I don't know about you guys, but I don't have my pockets lined in gold, I can't simply change my build and "adapt" to EVERY SINGLE update the devs throw at me, this update destroyed my rather effective build, and instead I have something that will probably get beaten by lvl 27 non-var and I'm a FOUNDER, but because I don't buy varium anymore I can't stay in the game, jeez I don't even have credits to buy non var equips.

Titus Salt designed Saltaire to be a model village, everything was tidy, flawless and balanced and yet it was being compared to a gentle prison where people couldn't do anything apart from watch and breathe, this is what epicduel has turned into, a gentle prison where everyone is FORCED to have a balanced build, tell you what, you want balance, restore all the classes to their former glory, every class will have at least one OP build thus making them equal.

Looks like I have demoted myself to forum posting because I certainly won't be playing the game.

< Message edited by XxEPiC Str3NGtHxX -- 4/17/2011 19:22:43 >
Epic  Post #: 155
4/17/2011 19:39:41   
Xendran

Epic Strength, judging by your character page you havent really sunk enough into this game to complain all that much. Look at my character page and then yours and tell me who adapts for every update. You look like youve bought varium a total of three times, possibly two.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 156
4/17/2011 23:56:38   
W4r0ft1t4ns

bullcrap u deleated my post and said it was this one!
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 157
4/18/2011 5:28:41   
XxEPiC Str3NGtHxX

Thats the whole point Xendran, I shouldn't have to buy MORE and MORE varium every time an update comes out, varium should be optional, not an obligation, non vars or people who aren't frequent buyers don't stand a chance in hell of having a good build, before this update, non-vars had a couple of good focus builds but now what little power they had is completely destroyed. Focus is gone and you can't abuse stats anymore, show me one non var build that can kill a lvl 33 Varium player. I don't think there is any reliable way of defeating them for a non-var.

Just because I haven't bought varium in a while or have my inventory filled to the point where it takes 20 minutes to scroll down the page, doesn't mean I haven't played this game enough to know what I'm talking about.

Before this update, this game had an element of freedom, not much of it I admit but now there is none at all.
All builds will soon be identical you will have your precious balance but what good does balance do if there is no FUN in the game!

STRENGTH OWNS EVERYTHING
Epic  Post #: 158
4/18/2011 11:14:13   
ninjatom

I am personally all for this update. In my opinion this actually allows for more freedom and gives non-variums a chance to fight back against varium.

Now i can play with out being two turned killed by a super support or strength build.

Although people are starting to be forced to have similar stats, skills are becoming more and more different or unique. In addition, In the past most people were forced to use one similar build anyways, just because the heal looping or high strength or whatever build it was was so powerful.

For all you players that are saying you are planning on quitting, i can see your point. You did spend money on the game and now you are not as powerful as you used to be. However, Epic Duel is a constantly changing game and i suggest you keep voicing your concerns and eventually an update will come out that you prefer.
Epic  Post #: 159
4/18/2011 12:16:51   
gizmothepeacemaker

mann,this is not animore fun game,this is not EpicDuel,now this is CloneDuel.
Post #: 160
4/18/2011 17:43:56   
Bunshichi

Have you seen the amount of non varium bounties that join 2 vs 2 and run it's out of hand. Its like titan and nightwraith increased the amount of chances to get a lvl 25 or 27 to fight again two lvl 32's wtf.....
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 161
4/18/2011 19:09:48   
Shadronica

I have posted this elsewhere but since it also belongs here ....

Picking on mercs is NOT a solution to balance.

Mercs have hybrid armor because they have no other defense/resist boosts therefore hybrid armor should NOT be messed around. Bounties and mages can boost both their defense and resistance to accomodate their build while still be able to nerf the other players build (malfunction and smoke). Yes mercs can intimidate but intimidate is useless against both the bot attacks and aux therefore the bounties or mages have the chance of 3 good attacks even while they are intimidated. Even strength mercs who have been intimidated can still use the assault bot to fix intimidate.
So effectively intimidate is useful only against players who do not have either a gamma bot or assault bot. So hybrid is still the only way a merc has to counteract the other classes nerfs. Just leave hybrid alone I say.

Mages after this latest update are no better off than they were before the latest bout of balance updates. At least after the first balance update the shields seem to work like they should ... now they are back to being hardly effective especially the defense matrix.

Bounties are least affected by all of the updates and its understandable since their attacks on our dex with the ability to block and deflect makes only one attack to be effective against them and that is the aux. Think about it ... only 1 unblockable effective attack on a bounty.

Common sense can see that the only easy class to be is a bounty. No wonder everyone is considering becoming a bounty hunter or have already changed to it.

Luckily I haven't been on the 2v2 lately but it sounds like it is a bigger nightmare than it was and its more than about time that the 2v2 engine selection was fixed.

< Message edited by Shadronica -- 4/18/2011 19:12:09 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 162
4/19/2011 0:40:54   
frogbones
Banned

I don't care what all you Merc defenders say: Their multi is too strong---especially after the last two updates, as now people have less defense/dexterity. Likewise, Support still does too much, and 45-45 Gamma Spammers are mindless (and usually arrogant) morons.

Titan and NW, do you actually play this game, or do the hundreds of posts just fall on deaf ears?

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 163
4/19/2011 0:51:58   
W4r0ft1t4ns

this is why i hate these forums they always limit free speech i wish EpicDuel never merged it was much better then varium wasnt inflated players had more of a say in decisions and the setup looked much better
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 164
4/19/2011 4:13:14   
Ranloth
Banned

@Shadronica
Have you actually played 2v2 at all? I played about 15 matches yesterday, due to being with low-Leveled BH and I fought TM and Merc. Yes, their multi can be strong but myself as TM, I can simply use Matrix and get my +23 Defence. Then, there is no problem at all..

@frogbones
With weak Defence, of course multi is strong.. With my 24-29 Defence +23 (Matrix), it rarely goes over 15 or 20 damage! Only because it's Physical, people might be more vunerable (depends on builds) but still I don't find it that strong as TM.. :S
AQ Epic  Post #: 165
4/19/2011 16:25:11   
Shadronica

@Trans.

I spent 6 months on the All time leaderboard 2v2 last year with my alt Shadist with 74.3%. ;)

< Message edited by Shadronica -- 4/19/2011 16:34:26 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 166
4/20/2011 5:50:53   
NewHope

I can't belive it, I get so many unfair battles .... :( / I had 6,66% , and now I have 6,63 ... i'm so disappointed ...
This game is no fun anymore !!!!
AQW Epic  Post #: 167
4/20/2011 5:54:17   
Nebula

You're honestly complaining about a 0.03% reduction in your win percentage, then blaming the always unbalanced battles ( especially in 2v2 ) on this update? Wow.
Post #: 168
4/20/2011 6:14:31   
NewHope

Nebula, please belive me , it is very hard (if not impossible) for a nonvarium player to win after this new update ....
AQW Epic  Post #: 169
4/20/2011 6:15:50   
Nebula

I know, but complaining about a 0.03% drop in your win%? I'd understand somethin like 10%, or 15%, but 0.03% has to be, what, 4 losses?
Post #: 170
4/20/2011 7:22:15   
Blazing_Raiza

I used to love Epicduel, Once its good everyone tries to make it better but they fail miserably like this, Why can't Epicduel become normal like BEFORE!

Edit 1: *Sigh* I loved Beta Stage in Epicduel, it wasn't as hard like this, This Gamma stage is like everyone is getting killed in 2-10 hits, Back then it was harder to kill someone and everythings becoming Unfair.

This game has lost its touch, back then was the best until Enhancements came out -.-

Edit 2: I'll tell you why everything is Over Powered, ITS BECAUSE OF ENHANCEMENTS!

I have merged your posts. Please use the edit button rather then double posting. ~Dax

< Message edited by Dax -- 4/20/2011 18:38:44 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 171
4/20/2011 7:30:16   
Larcell

Guys & Gals.

2 more days until Friday.

"Remain seated, as we are beginning our descent."

Epic  Post #: 172
4/20/2011 8:49:38   
sunis

Remained just a memory that was once Epicduel.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Today i found my acount Mage) with reduced support on heal skill ( was 52 HP , NOW 51 ).

On my mercenary acount Hybrid armor max now =12 :DDDDDDDD.

No words, no more comments.

Thx for thieves.

< Message edited by sunis -- 4/20/2011 9:23:08 >
Post #: 173
4/20/2011 12:04:31   
ajs777

I still think support needs to be debuffed, instead of nerfin mercs all the time why not nerf the real problem, support. everyone can use it so why keep hurting the mercs?. The changes should have stopped back when bots where just released. I just cant sit and play this game for a long amount of time anymore.

However i do like focus being changed. I hated it the way it was since the week it was released. Altough this update kinda killed all my non varium accounts so yea I dunno

Plus I cant log in without feeling like i need to spend 20 bucks in varium everytime. in reality the reason this game is being less fun is because people can pay real money to win, that may be ok in certain types of games if people are to lazy to win themselves, but in a live PvP letting people buy wins just doesnt work. I have to give credit to all those top non varium players. I invested in being founder because i thought that there would be long term benefits like most other games give to founders. I was wrong it was just another sales gimic. all you get is an armor that is rapidly becoming outdated and an achievment.... I really have to give credit to those top non varium players, i dont know why they keep playing, they must know something i dont.

hey atleast i was on topic for a little bit.

< Message edited by ajs777 -- 4/20/2011 12:11:36 >

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in lag.

If pro is the opposite of con, is congress the opposite of progress?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 174
4/20/2011 14:03:11   
OC

when are you going to fix the mess you made the game ruined now
Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Balance Update
Page 7 of 10«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition