Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= New Balance Update

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Balance Update
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/20/2011 18:06:06   
Polandor

This would be great for more balance.

IT from an earlier post by Xendran.

--Current--
Strength
-Primary Damage
-Sidearm Damage

Dexterity
-Defence
-Block Rate

Technology
-Resistance
-Robot Damage

Support
-Auxiliary Damage
-Criticals
-Stuns
-Deflects
-First Turn

Focus
-Robot Damage

Agility
-Armor Penalty

More Balanced Method (MORE balanced not PERFECTLY balanced. Im tired atm so i probably forgot/mistyped something)

Strength
Main: Primary Damage
Luck: Deflections
Additional: Sidearm Damage

Dexterity
Main: Defence
Luck: Blocks (reduce block to 50% damage reduction)
Additional: First Turn Chance

Technology
Main: Resistance
Luck: Stun
Additional: Robot Damage

Support
Main: Auxiliary Damage
Luck: Critical (Adjust critical to 50% piercing)
Additional: First Turn Chance
Post #: 176
4/20/2011 18:26:26   
Shadronica

@ Nebula.

I don't think you quite understand the situation with New Hope. While a drop of .03% seems like its very minor it isn't when you consider that New Hope has around 20k 2v2 wins. (Sorry I haven't looked at the 2v2 leaderboard lately but New Hope did have around 20k last I looked.)

To me this means that 2v2 is getting harder than ever before.

I don't think any player can see how frustrating 2v2 can be untill you have done at least 8k battles in it. There is so very many variables to help you lose.

Simply all New Hope is stating is that since the new balance updates the 2v2 has got even harder. It would be most discouraging. Enough to do your head right in. ;)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 177
4/20/2011 20:31:36   
ninjatom

I think the point of this update was to make 2vs 2 harder, in the sense that one certain build does not automatically win every game. However, free players should have a chance against varium players.
Since builds are starting to narrow down to being balanced in the stats, varium players have a huge advantage since they have robots that do better with balanced stats while free players having balanced stats does not directly improve them at all.
Perhaps if there was a way for free players to get robots(besides winning in arcade as that is very hard to do)?
Epic  Post #: 178
4/21/2011 1:23:01   
edwardvulture

By making stats less useless as we go up, we will all be spamming MP and/or HP.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 179
4/21/2011 13:13:46   
Calogero

This release about Skills effects being affected the more you train it will be a BAD thing.
Bounty's have Cheap shot and Massacre while Mages have Deadly aim and Bludgeon

Mercs on the other hand Have Maul, Double Hit and Berserker...

% based skills should be affected aswell or Non skill at all imo. =/
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 180
4/21/2011 16:02:16   
OC

and whats up with lower levels getting so many criticals im a 33 and its rare for me to get critical hit
Post #: 181
4/22/2011 19:29:46   
1jimmy30

Please make a lvl 33 founder Armour.

P.S: Please do not con us and make us pay for enhancement slots again

:(
AQW Epic  Post #: 182
4/22/2011 20:33:32   
edwardvulture

I gotta say this stifled creativity a bit. Strength was Oped because it was constant damage and no MP usage. 5 bonus is also that but bigger damage with also tankness. Now the skills are taken, there are almost no other ways of effectively dealing out damage. I strongly feel that the skills should be buffed a bit and 5 bonus nerfed.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 183
4/22/2011 23:38:08   
midijus123

As allways non-varium players was "hurted" -_-. Always beutifull and good weps must be varium give more stats and give more damage

They doing varium stronger but non-vaarium players they just "drop reallocations".

At the chrimas they created one non- varium maul but trange he was very remind some othr mauls from nightwraiter shop they just put on maul "ice" and maybe changed colours. Another example is "neutron blaster" he strange very similar one old varium aux.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 4/26/2011 13:54:30 >
Epic  Post #: 184
4/23/2011 0:03:13   
ajs777

the problem is support is OPed

support makes most the buff and debuff skills better it makes bazookas better and it makes ppl crit more, im a merc and the only good build is support build, mage only good build is support build, support is OVERPOWERED plus if they would stop conning everyone for more money people would overall have a better attitude, for example BOTS, i decide to buy the gamma bot right? ok so i do and then a week later they nerf the darn thing so now if i had the choice i woudlnt have gotten the piece of garbage, i mean they made this huge deal about founder armor and now look at it, its a joke to some of the armors out there, but anyway SUPPORT is the main issue STOP nerfing everything else. this game used to be great you could make all kinda of builds now everyone has the same build that just makes this a big dumb game of virtual rock paper scissors. It used to be simple now its got all sorts of complicated things like agility and focus (which has been modified and i do like it better now but now having a bot is kinda pointless) and enhancements which is just another freakin con for money. i dunno the only time i find this game worth playing is when lvl cap is raised, the problem is people buff up on stats because they dont want to add HP because of agility, im telling you if you ditch agility and nerf suppport some things would be a little better

< Message edited by ajs777 -- 4/23/2011 0:05:43 >

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in lag.

If pro is the opposite of con, is congress the opposite of progress?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 185
4/23/2011 0:04:22   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

This update only nerfed the builds that depended on skills, in other words, it only buffed strength builds. With support mercenaries diminishing Intimidate, bounty hunters diminishing EMP, and mages diminishing Malfunction, I'd say they buffed strength builds in an unexpected way.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 186
4/23/2011 1:40:55   
edwardvulture

I don't get it. Why did everything get nerfed? We were only complaining about 2 turn maul zerker kills.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 187
4/23/2011 6:07:50   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

That's ironic since those builds got buffed.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 188
4/23/2011 7:38:55   
OC

you can nerf all the stats you want thats not a problem to me you need to balance the levels in 2vs2 battles i think a 3 level difference from the highest player would be fair enough
Post #: 189
4/23/2011 9:01:09   
MirageD

i must say....my patience has finally run out with this game....I have been playing since December 2010...have been on the 2v2 leaderboard for over a yr...have spent on varium, am a founder, did enhancements, etc....i adjusted when focus came out...i adjusted when agility came out....but these past 3 updates are now really making me mad >.<....i'm **** sick and tired of getting nerfed every week....it's gotten to the point where i can't even figure out wth is going on ...>.<
AQW Epic  Post #: 190
4/23/2011 16:23:45   
Shadronica

Another totally disillusioned 2v2 player.

I am wondering if the game developers even remember that they have a 2v2 system. lol
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 191
4/23/2011 18:52:47   
edwardvulture

These updates are a money scam making us resort to 5 bonus using GAMMA BOT I don't enjoy this game anymore. No creative builds work anymore.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 192
4/24/2011 17:25:29   
Giras Wolfe

Any balance this update may have restored is obliterated by adding enhancement slots to sidearms and auxillaries.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 193
4/24/2011 18:28:22   
frosty123

Miraged i totally agree with you. I didnt buy var or anything but i am losing thx to the major disadvantage. The bhs took over 1vs1 so i did 2vs2. Then this new update just made it even harder for 2vs2. They need a major buff to non-vars. The thing is whatthey do is that the mages come up with a very great build. The heal looping i guess then the other class complain. So then titan nerfsed it down and then another class gets a great build. everyone copies it. The other classes complain... again. So then another class gets the sort of great build. Everyone switches classes to that class. Like the str merc. Then they nerf it(did they already?). Everyone buys var and switches to the bh. Because of str bh. When it gets nerfed everyone gets var and becomes a certain class. Thats why this is boring. Perfect plan to get money. And its really hard for non-variums to even win a 33 var. So im just saying give some non-vars some good weps.
Post #: 194
4/25/2011 10:31:27   
edwardvulture

TItan, do you know how you can TRULY help the nonvariums? First, make the weapons cheaper, 2nd make the weapons stronger to start out with. You can't release cheaper enhancements KNOWING that their still too expensive for ppl that lose more than half the time. f2ps don't want enhancements we want a broader weapon spectrum with level cap weapons.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 195
4/25/2011 20:31:44   
ninjatom

When i first started epic duel, i did not know much about the game and so i bought new weapons every two levels of so. Once i got to the later levels i could only buy a new weapon every two levels and i had no credits set aside for armor. Once winning seemed so impossible, i made a new character and did the strategy that most players use now, buying new weapons every 5-10 levels so i could have good armor and good weapons at the later levels. Because of this there are weapons that are almost never bought since the weapons are in between those levels that people buy new stuff. Having stuff cost less or have more ways to make more credits will allow people to not worry so much about saving and more and more diverse characters will appear. In addition, that one level 25 or so character with the level 10 weapon or so that you think never has a chance will be able to get back into to the fight if there were other ways to get credits besides fighting or stuff cost less.

< Message edited by ninjatom -- 4/25/2011 20:33:40 >
Epic  Post #: 196
4/25/2011 22:41:24   
Firewallblast

@above

So did I, the first part not the strategy part (cause on my now main merc i had that lvl 20 nrg aux at lvl 30)
AQW Epic  Post #: 197
4/26/2011 3:51:08   
sha 2nd mage

2v2 is getting really worse.
trying for a come back !!
Don`t know if i could make it if it goes on like this.

< Message edited by sha 2nd mage -- 4/26/2011 3:54:50 >

Epic  Post #: 198
4/26/2011 3:54:31   
xxmirxx

above GET USE TO IT
AQ Epic  Post #: 199
4/26/2011 4:00:04   
BlueKatz

2vs2 is actually does get worse with the new stat and skill. Pretty much defensive moves are a lot weaker now, plus the lag
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Balance Update
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition