Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Balence changes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Balence changes
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/26/2011 16:58:52   
The Death Trap

Hey Epic Duelers. In the new updates there have bin balance changes such as you can not have you stat points past 55. i think that should be removed because you cant really be creative with those stat points.

This is a personal opinion but i think that before the balance stat changes happend epicduel was more creative for every one.

Hope you guys agree, if you dot write why or why not.

Thanks guys

I have merged the thread "Balence changes" with this thread as they are on the same topic. ~Illuminator

< Message edited by Illuminator -- 4/26/2011 18:11:46 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 201
4/26/2011 17:02:12   
Nebula

You can have stat points past 55, they just introduced stat dimishes. Its a good thing, its stops stat spammers like Str Mercs, Str BHs and Tech Mercs. It doesn't stop you from having your stat points past 55.
Post #: 202
4/26/2011 17:04:25   
T.D.A.S

yea like me im a 4 focus bounty with 112 support
Post #: 203
4/26/2011 17:52:41   
Fay Beeee

@Jockytran
Epicduel wiki have a great stats page for working them out.

But I expect you already knew about it.

Link
http://www.epicduelwiki.com/index.php/Stat_Progression

Epic  Post #: 204
4/26/2011 18:15:59   
Zean Zapple

Wait... How can people still be discussing this! Lol

Anyways I like the changes.

~Zean
Epic  Post #: 205
4/26/2011 18:50:02   
The Death Trap

Its just a opinion.

You guys can think what ever you want
AQW Epic  Post #: 206
4/26/2011 19:10:07   
Polandor

LOL

They are plenty of 140, 150 support Merc in 2-2, they are deadly, extremely powerful...

Cant have stat past 55...

http://epicduelwiki.com/index.php/Stat_Progression

The little reduction in stats and skill effect, his a good thing and affect all equally.

But the reduction was also with a +15 sat boost from gun and zooka, with is not good.

But the price reduction in credit for enhancement is a really good thing, it should be reduced again so highest step do not cost more than 7000 by +1.

P.S.
In 1-1 you have BH with incredible high st, they are also ULTRA powerful.

< Message edited by Polandor -- 4/26/2011 19:11:13 >
Post #: 207
4/27/2011 10:56:21   
sunis

I am very funny, as you here looking for a decision from the update.
What kind of build a better use?
What kind of weapons, armor, etc.?

I think you should wait a bit, since the update, and the weapons and armor still in production.

Somebody is still difficult to understand that this was done due to the fact that you buy it all again in the ..... manure.

And bought the film will receive a new update, because someone there is not enough money.

The game will be amended and modified, as the basis for money and your passion - the desire to win.

Victims.

In addition varium players are cannon-fodder.

I have bought and varium, counted the status point ... but one morning I found my mage noobs and the Merc.

I was paying for everything in cash, but ... it does not become even views could not tell ... was arrested by my topic - the discussion.

Good luck to you guys to spend money .... just no hope.

One morning, came into the game feeling cheated, and how many after this update.
Post #: 208
4/27/2011 12:41:16   
Larcell

@Sunis

?

Epic  Post #: 209
4/28/2011 18:22:58   
joe 112

I personaly agree with grunstang i had a beta times account it was amazing back then! Now the game has no real fun style i had a blast in the beta times it was best times of game but titan no offence but u made it less fun with bots and new skills i wish u could put it back to normal.
Post #: 210
4/29/2011 7:43:34   
evil2k8

I find the balance updates ARE working, but I'm finding Smoke Screen and Malfunction are still easily abused.

Malfunction > Energy Gun/Energy Bazooka (Especially if it's a support build)

Smoke Screen > Strength Builds, Bigger block % and with EMP (That's easily over abused), you're stuck with your Gun/Bazooka/Robutt/Primary Weapon.

As far as balance goes, Robots need a slight nerf and/or added to the diminishing results from 55/85 stat but have a % reduction in blocks (Robot's are more accurate than Humans) to aid against Bounty Hunters.

< Message edited by evil2k8 -- 4/29/2011 7:47:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 211
5/1/2011 0:26:39   
edwardvulture

I feel (personally) that the balance update hit all the wrong places. We were complaining about how strength kills in 2 turns (or an extended smoke strike strike and massacre), what we got was a nerf to every stat and every single skill EXCEPT passives and strength related skills. Now that gun and aux enhancements are introduced, the strength builds just go back up again with slightly less life all the while leaving non-variums behind. IMO the "balance" would have been restored if you just put stat diminishments on strength, support, and robot with a modification on certain skills. I'm a player and I would appreciate if this balance update was more effective.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 212
5/1/2011 12:21:42   
Tiago X

Not much has changed, in my opinion. Tank merc's still own, support mercs are good in 2vs2, str BH's didn't leave yet, and mages can't heal loop.
Everyone is happy.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 213
5/1/2011 13:03:19   
Archlord Raistlin

Observations from the new eh..hmm balance updates...

1. Everyone does not lose at the same rates. The higher your level and the more varium support you provide this game, the worse you are affected.

2. Lost 4 defense points in the original update and had to go to 111 dex just to get it back. This is not small or equitable.

3. Regularly see high level varium chars with defense and resist in mid to upper 30's now...higher than ever...non-varium supposed to hit that?

4. The battle engine...ugh...my avg partner in 2v2 is non-varium 27 vs. two 31's or 32's. The 27 runs or gets pwned...then it's 2 v 1 by round 2. Neither fun nor entertaining. After getting crushed a few times, it will throw me into an all 28 battle...equally non-entertaining. What is going on???? At least I used to be able to protect or support lower level partners and we still had a chance...now there is hardly any chance at all. Fix the match-ups...a 33 should not be paired with a 24.

5. Maybe you should make DOOM into a non-varium server.

6. If ED would like to see mages be spellcasters, then make it possible to have good defenses, e.g. survive, and still cast spells. There are not enough points or mana in the game for both. Either significantly increase the starting mana for mages or reduce the spell cost for bolt, overload and plasma. Casting two max spells in a match while having 17-22 +1 defenses leaves mages hoping to live long enough to cast a second spell, let alone shield or heal.

Post #: 214
5/1/2011 19:44:37   
bobbyhonkers

Truly I would prefer they scrap the no one way builds thing
My one way support merc build was way more fun than my 5
Focus merc which bores me to tears. Just aux bot heal and repeat
For every battle.
Please change back Titan or at least make more builds able.
Post #: 215
5/3/2011 5:07:46   
xxmirxx

I agree above
AQ Epic  Post #: 216
5/4/2011 20:34:16   
ninjatom

I have an idea! maybe instead of having diminishing effects on stats and abilities as they get higher, you could use something that has already been around. Weapons requirements and skill requirements. Have the super powerful weapons that give lots of stat bonuses have large requirements in the stats that are abused most with that weapon. For example: a weapon that gives lots of bonuses to strength would have a high support requirement since strength builds rarely use support. And as for skills here is an example: seeing how powerful reroute can be with high health give it a large strength or energy requirement. This way one way builds could still exist, but they would either have to change a little or not have as powerful weapons and high level skills. \

Other skills that could be changed:
Shadow arts having high support requirement
malfunction having high strength requirement
Maul having high support requirement
Artillery strike having high strength requirement
Emp grenade having high dexterity requirement

And by high requirements for the super powerful weapons i mean around 40-45 stat requirements in the stats that do not benefit from the weapon its self.

Please post your thoughts on this idea.

Epic  Post #: 217
5/5/2011 13:34:14   
Day Shade.

I agree with some posts .. increasing the stats to 60 before it requires an extra stat point to increase the effects would be a good idea.
Post #: 218
5/5/2011 13:50:57   
Nebula

@Ninjatom No because I don't want to be forced to use a focus build.

< Message edited by Nebula -- 5/5/2011 13:51:40 >
Post #: 219
5/6/2011 22:47:51   
edwardvulture

Really.... Just take everything out and nerf strength mercs so that they don't kill in 2 turns.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 220
5/6/2011 23:06:04   
Gold

We either need a third tier of stat diminishing (after 110, maybe), or give every stat a hard cap of 100.

Seriously, I can't take people that have builds which focus on one stat anymore.

It's more interesting to focus on two or three stats rather than one or all of them.

I am Gold, for I am many.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 221
5/7/2011 23:07:13   
Jasondoom

I think that the new balance updates are really taking a blow on the mercanarys. The bounty hunters are being more powerful with the updates. The smoke really affects anyone with the blocking effect. Tech mages are not taking that much of a blow from the update, while mercs are getting underpowered with the hybrid, the stat balance, etc. If you want epicduel to be a more fair game, make the bounty hunters less blocking ones and make all the class the same power and not have one class more overpowered than the next. NERF BOUNTY HUNTERS
Post #: 222
5/7/2011 23:17:55   
edwardvulture

You guys thought too hard about this.... Take everything back and just nerf strength mercs and the only thing that wasn't nerfed this update was 5 bonus robot attacks.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 223
5/11/2011 14:19:37   
valencia008

umm kinda didnt change actually because i use merc really easy using it so it's okay titan u make merc more better than the last time
AQW Epic  Post #: 224
5/12/2011 20:16:54   
Skillsaw

I kinda like the new focus, but, im wondering if it would be a little better if maybe focus did still apply to maybe aux damage as well as robot damage, but, not primary, secondary strike or skill attacks. just aux and bots.

Just somethin to think about, by your friendly neighbourhood Skillsaw
Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Balence changes
Page 9 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition