Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= What We've All Been Waiting For... Varium Sellback!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= What We've All Been Waiting For... Varium Sellback!
Page 9 of 9«<56789
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/27/2011 11:34:24   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Varium sellback can always go up, and likely will. We chose this figure for the initial introduction of the feature because we did not want our players who'd already sold back items to feel short-changed.

Unfortunately, we cannot factor enhancement prices into varium sellback at this time.

Edit: YES WE CAN!

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 4/27/2011 12:09:58 >
Post #: 201
4/27/2011 12:11:27   
veneeria

@cinderella: ah i see... still something to look forward to... Would it work if the item would "transform" everytime enchantment slots are used..? Let me explain:

imagine a gun with 3 slots, called gun A.
This kinda means that there are 3 versions of the same weapon but with different prices.
For each slot bought,until there are no more slots, the prices would improve:

gun A: 5000 credits (normal)
gun A 1 : 5000 credits + (varium/ or credits used to enchant ..)
gun A 2 : 5000 credits + (varium/ or credits used to enchant ..)
gun A 3 : 5000 credits + (varium/ or credits used to enchant ..)

(note: Actuality, because there are 2 options of payment which are credits and varium, it should be 6 versions)

Basically multiple items with the same look but with different prices.

These however are still just suggestions.

And about the % for sellback, i agree with Polandor there, it makes no sense to me to keep it like that. I also sold, idiotically, many of my varium items... but it isn't for having a low % on the sellback that will cure my wound, plus even if there is anyone who might feel short-changed .. they will eventually feel bad about selling their varium items soon.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 202
4/27/2011 12:16:21   
Kain Sariel

sweet, enhancements are getting a sellback value too ^^ now I wonder if you'll get to decide if you get credit or varium back? or would it know what you used?
Epic  Post #: 203
4/27/2011 12:17:32   
Titan

To clear things up, Varium sell back will officially compensate you for Enhancement investments! This means that selling back a fully enhanced Varium weapon will return more Varium than an equally priced Varium weapon without enhancements.
Epic  Post #: 204
4/27/2011 12:18:06   
Calogero

sounds nice

< Message edited by andy123 -- 4/27/2011 12:19:00 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 205
4/27/2011 12:20:21   
RKC

@Titan

But what about those who sold their items before the update will they get a refund also?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 206
4/27/2011 12:25:47   
Titan

This feature will be forward looking only. We simply don't have a means of accurately refunding Varium for past sellbacks. This will be an exciting update for all players moving forward because your Varium supplies will last at least 15% longer than ever before.
quote:

ORIGINAL: RKC

@Titan

But what about those who sold their items before the update will they get a refund also?

< Message edited by Titan -- 4/27/2011 12:26:05 >
Epic  Post #: 207
4/27/2011 12:27:49   
Larcell

quote:

To clear things up, Varium sell back will officially compensate you for Enhancement investments! This means that selling back a fully enhanced Varium weapon will return more Varium than an equally priced Varium weapon without enhancements.

Doppler Radar indicates an awesome release heading for Delta V. The National Weather Service in the Biodome has issued an Exciting, Jump-out-your-clothes Watch that will remain in affect for Friday evening. The weekend looks clear. Now, back to your Matt for updates on the LeaderBoards.

< Message edited by Larcell -- 4/27/2011 12:30:17 >

Epic  Post #: 208
4/27/2011 12:29:54   
RKC

@Titan

May I suggest something. I would rather you not release varium sell back for now, work on it for a little bit and release properly so that you can accurately refunding Varium for past sellbacks.. I assure you when you release this incomplete, flame wars will erupt.

< Message edited by RKC -- 4/27/2011 12:30:25 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 209
4/27/2011 13:00:10   
Kain Sariel

so if some one bought a non varium wep, used credits to enhance, sold it, they would get some varium? would be a credit costly way to get varium but its one way for f2p people to get varium
Epic  Post #: 210
4/27/2011 15:07:26   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

Considering that credit items sell at 60% of the original cost at Mirv. It would only be fair to use the same sell-back percentage for varium items. Of course, that won't happen because less varium players will buy varium frequently and less money will be made. Hence it will likely be reduced by 20-30%. So we can expect a 30-40% varium sell-back rate at Mirv. Anything less would be rather unfair and a waste of an update.

EDITS:
@Kain, selling credit enhanced non varium weapons will not give you varium. It will only give you credits. After the update, I would assume that a varium enhanced non varium weapon will give you both credits and varium if sold.

@RKC, Titan said...
quote:

We simply don't have a means of accurately refunding Varium for past sellbacks.

This sounds like they may not know what varium weapons were sold or how much varium enhancements the sold weapons had. Hence they "don't have the means" to do as you requested.

@zman 2 (below), that method won't work because many varium players, including myself, have used a lot of varium to buy boosters and customize characters. These would have to be factored into your formula for it to be accurate, but I doubt they have the means to track those as well.

< Message edited by drekon -- 4/27/2011 16:34:14 >

Epic  Post #: 211
4/27/2011 16:08:29   
Mr. Black OP

wld this work? for varium sell backs? but if they dont have a means to track how much varium u bought it wldnt work
[T-(I-V)]3/20=amount u shld get back if it is 15%
T= total varium spent
I= things in your inventory that costs varium so add the varium price for everything and subtract the varium u currently have
V= varium in u currently have
im not sure if this formula works but somebody feel free to try it out on their own character
if it doesnt work make a modification
but we wldnt be able to take in war kills so it would be insanely hard :/

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 4/27/2011 16:57:11 >
Epic  Post #: 212
4/27/2011 19:51:45   
veneeria

Awesome Titan.. You have no idea.. how relief am i to get rid of weapons that have no use ..now :\ (but that sure used to be awesome XD)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 213
4/27/2011 22:36:48   
Vick Vega

Zman alot of people use varium for warkiils how would you factor that?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 214
4/27/2011 22:43:49   
bighobbo

quote:

May I suggest something. I would rather you not release varium sell back for now, work on it for a little bit and release properly so that you can accurately refunding Varium for past sellbacks.. I assure you when you release this incomplete, flame wars will erupt.

Are you serious? Accurately refunding Varium for past sellbacks for what, 1000+ accounts?

A Varium sellback feature isn't good enough for you?

< Message edited by bighobbo -- 4/27/2011 22:44:10 >
Post #: 215
4/27/2011 22:49:08   
Polandor

Titan you need to include enhancement paid with credit also.

All other Artix game give at least 25% sell back, some a lot more.

Most offer a 90% refund for first 24hrs (mistake buy happen).

So please 90% for first 24hr.

And 25%-35% after.

Credit and varium enhancement must also be included. Not just varium enhancement.

At 15% almost nobody is happy.

The ppl who sell stuff at 15% will be angry when it raised at 25%.

Make everyone happy at once give 25% sell back of the varium cost + varium enhancement + credit enhancement.

For once don't neglect the credit user (non varium), and the varium also use credit enhancement.

Aslo if the code does not allow to know if enhancement have being paid in varium or credit ?
NO TROUBLE at all, pay back all in credit, so no loop hole to make varium from credit in sell back.

And all can use the credit refund for new enhancement, so it no bad for varium either.
WIn win win (Non Varium / Varium / Epic Duel)

< Message edited by Polandor -- 4/28/2011 2:01:45 >
Post #: 216
4/28/2011 1:26:09   
Mr. Black OP

@above
im content with the 15% if they raised it to 25% after i sold something ill be fine except if it was like 2 min later
i thought he said enhancements were goin to count?
Epic  Post #: 217
4/28/2011 1:45:08   
helloguy

Founder armor is still the best armor, you just need to know how to use it.I'd trade my bunny armor for founder any day.

Removed reference to deleted post. ~Syr

< Message edited by Syr Frostbite -- 4/28/2011 2:01:25 >

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 218
4/28/2011 2:03:54   
Deboise

^HelloGuy... its the best? and yet u havn't used it...

Deboise...Losing most battles..lol makes me smile at the though.

Deboise character page

over 15.5k 1v1 wins and just barely 3003 losses..lol DEFFINATLY MOST BATTLES.
2600 2v2 wins with less than half that many losses...

PLease HelloGuy...open your eyes..BTW I HAVE BEEN MAGE FOREVER MUAHAHAHA
Deboise vs Everyone..at Agility First Implication

Oh and yes 15% is too low..but Im happy to see titan say something!! yay!! like he said its just the starting place..we will see where it goes.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 219
4/28/2011 2:06:32   
Polandor

quote:

im content with the 15% if they raised it to 25% after i sold something ill be fine except if it was like 2 min later
i thought he said enhancements were goin to count?

So far only Varium enhancement will be refunded.

Another huge imbalance for credit user (non varium).

I am a varium user, I want non varium to also have their credit refunded, I also want my credit enhancement refunded.

We can wait one more week, for a better varium and enhancement sell back, we waited 2 years.

Imagine those who sell at 15%... one week later 25% and credit enhancement...

Don't sell back any item at 15% it is too low, we keep the pressure on and sell and 25% no less, and with credit enhancement.
Post #: 220
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= What We've All Been Waiting For... Varium Sellback!
Page 9 of 9«<56789
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition