Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What Is/Was The Point Of "Fame"?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What Is/Was The Point Of "Fame"?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/30/2011 0:14:14   
Adam in Wonderland
Banned

What is/was the point of having fame/fame leaderboard in a PvP game? Looking back now, I wonder if anyone can explain this to me.
Post #: 1
5/30/2011 0:25:29   
edwardvulture

Distraction haha.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
5/30/2011 0:28:13   
Angels Holocaust

There is no point, just like the many things in this game.
Post #: 3
5/30/2011 1:00:22   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

it's a way to encourage people to show off their character pages and introduce the game to people.
Post #: 4
5/30/2011 1:08:03   
LunarWarlord

^ but it doesnt, it just brought spammers....

AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/30/2011 2:10:41   
PenyihiR

Lol yeah..,
I see Fame is just for to become famous (or something like that)
N i really agree with above..,
Its brought spammers!
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/30/2011 2:14:14   
Nexus...

Fame is a horrible idea. Huge limitation need to be implemented to regulate spamming. As of right now, if you have a lot of fame, you have probably been asking for it, which means you like to beg and spam and beg some more. Ironically "fame" has nothing to do with fame. In my opinion they should just change every reference to "fame" to "beg." That would make a lot more sense.

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 7
5/30/2011 2:19:33   
Luna_moonraider

A way to annoy people. A way encourage spammers and last but not least it is a way to cause uber lags in 2v2.

AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/30/2011 6:27:28   
MrBones

Fame useless right now but could be improve..

How about hourly fame points when we are on the daily leaderboard.

Maybe 5 pts per hour in top 15 ?

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 9
5/30/2011 8:41:51   
The Cardclasher

Meaby a gift to non variums to get 800 rating points???

Just do it
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
5/30/2011 8:46:19   
PenyihiR

I think it just like.,
'More beg..,More fame'
the best begger get more fame

< Message edited by PenyihiR -- 5/30/2011 8:47:02 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/30/2011 8:47:55   
Sky Drifter

People want achievements that is why they beg and spam.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
5/30/2011 8:53:17   
LambO

I've always found Fame just to be a stupid idea. No way or how does begging for it constantly make you famous.
Fame should be what you've done in-game. Wins, collection, faction wins, rank, stars, etc.
So the more kills you get, the better the collection you get, more stars & so on should improve you're fame like how rarity is done.#

You know...

LambO
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
5/30/2011 8:56:46   
PenyihiR

^
Lol...,Thats right..,
I agree..,
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/30/2011 12:26:38   
Luna_moonraider

hmm maybe fame was made to annoy the player in game so that every1 in game would get annoyed and leave this game. The devs wanted more peopel to leave this game becaus ethy know this game is not going anywhere. Alos i dun get why the devs made starts in the first place that is also another useless feature. What do stars do? do they give u uber luck in a battle? same question goes to fame what do fame do? does it even help a player? IMO fame does not help a player at all.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
5/30/2011 12:33:44   
Calogero

to give players a legit way to beg like there has never been begged before...
and if you don't do it you are considered a noob... but then again I will never fame anyone

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
5/30/2011 13:45:46   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

This is a AE game, and Epic Duel is a testing ground for these types of features, so I would not think the developers created this feature w/o AE approval or AE request. I think HeroSmash has a fame feature too if I am correct.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
5/30/2011 13:48:01   
LambO

JZaanu, fame in HeroSmash is credits in Epic Duel. =)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
5/30/2011 14:20:25   
Sparticus

@JZaanu: LambO is correct, HS uses fame as a form of in-game currency.

To my knowledge, this is the only AE game to use this feature in this manner.

As I understand it the original purpose, as Cinderella stated, was to assist in advertising ED to non-ED and non-AE customers but because of the manner in which it was originally launched and the current manner in which it is utilized and abused, it doesn't seem to work and I see no real purpose for it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
5/30/2011 14:41:36   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

I should log into HS and see exactly. It is unique HS uses the Fame term as well but for a different purpose.

As Sparticus mention's, this version of fame is nothing more then creating in-game issues.

Promotion should be by choice of the players. ED has provided us with character pages, and we should do what is best, if we choose, to promote the game. Many players spend a tremendous time outside of the game promoting the ED world, yet those players are not getting any reward other then the act of sharing.

I am not sure how this is going to promote the game if most of the activity is in-game.

A better way is using You Tube Subscribers, Facebook friends or Twitter followers as a better guide. I think the fame achievement should be handed out manually for a total number in all of those social networks. And the name of the achievement should change to Community Contributor.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
5/30/2011 18:08:53   
Raph21

Fame is an alternative "Competition" mode which involves lots of begging.

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/30/2011 18:20:48   
frosty123

^lols.

The purpose of fame was for lazy people who cant battle and buy achievments for rating points and get free achivemnts. Also to span players and annoy them to qit like that Luna MoonRaider said :)
Post #: 22
5/30/2011 18:38:59   
Epic Pwnser

Fame has no point at all. Simple answer.

Epic  Post #: 23
5/30/2011 18:55:40   
Polandor

Fame is the worse feature because of the beggar spammer, and serve no purpose beside being annoying.

War kill close seconds, but i don't get spammed and I turn the notification down.
Post #: 24
5/30/2011 20:58:12   
Sky Drifter

It's just a way to kill time really.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What Is/Was The Point Of "Fame"?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition