Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: What Is/Was The Point Of "Fame"?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: What Is/Was The Point Of "Fame"?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/30/2011 21:23:25   
Angels Holocaust

Fame was created to distract us of the major issues of the game, such as balance and weapon cost.
Post #: 26
5/30/2011 21:46:11   
king julian

to buy time for titan and nightwraith
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
5/30/2011 21:47:41   
Giras Wolfe

I like it for some reason, but I'm probably just stupid and childish. Urg! Yes! Pointless! Stupid! Bah!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
5/31/2011 0:46:03   
hardcore59

I really don't get think there is a point of fame and to me, it gets kinda annoying every conversation you here is fame for fame, f4f?, etc. even at oz world 7 it used to be funny conversations now all i here is f4f

Youtube.com/FAINTgames
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
5/31/2011 1:48:52   
uria9

(insert pathetic reason why people beg for fame which is similar to what a child would say)
"i want the achievement" = "i want it cause it looks pretty"
Post #: 30
6/2/2011 16:43:56   
xxmirxx

You actually don't have choice to beg for fame. cause after you go pass 100 its impossible to get 1000 fame in year if you don't beg for fame and most of us are aim for 10k. Which leads us to have to beg for fame. Angels Holocaust I do agree with you on that.
AQ Epic  Post #: 31
6/2/2011 17:39:18   
5rr5
Banned

New Achievements.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
6/2/2011 18:28:04   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Let me state it this way - When the feature was created, do you really think that the devs could forsee people going around begging? What they felt it would do was highlight those helpful players, those who were kind and were good to others. Not only that, but it would also be a good source of which to bring more players in. If people see all these links, they're going to give the game a go.

You're blaming the devs for your own doings here (I know it isn't every player), but it isn't the Devs begging for fame, it's the players! Now you guys can continue complaining that it's all the Devs, but it's YOU, the players, who decide how the feature is used. In a way it has became miss-used, it has changed to not highlight those who help, but to highlight those who beg. As I said, it isn't all the players, but I'm just saying it isn't the Devs you should be blaming, they introduced a great feature that encourages the spread of the game, and people to be kind and helpful.

If players when someone says 'F4f?' just said 'No', the whole begging process would be gone within a week - not completely, but a lot. The reason people do it, is because it works. Now that tells me that a lot of players support this, because otherwise it wouldn't be happening. If all the players disagreed with begging, then it would not happen. I know you'll now be thinking 'Well you have to 'f4f' to be any where near a place in the leader boards, or to get the achievements.' A lot of you are saying that you don't want fame to be there, no fame, no achievements, so they aren't a factor - it takes a strong person to just say 'No' and earn fame the way you feel it should. I mean, look at Fay Beee, I know she's in the top 3 of All-Time Solo Battles, but she has got so much fame, and she doesn't ask for it (Atleast I don't think :P)

Basically it's all well and good saying 'fame is pointless, it's all the Devs faults', but fame was released giving recognition to people for the right reasons, it is the players who decide how to use it. Players decided to start begging, it caught on, and this is how it got to this stage. The natural thing to do is to just blame those who make the game, just like the people who blame the Devs because they lost a battle due to a bit of luck from the opposition. Both accusations that its the Devs fault really is not that strong when you think about it. This is something the players have done, not the Developers!

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
6/2/2011 21:29:45   
MrBones

Well said Rainaka
Epic  Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: What Is/Was The Point Of "Fame"?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition