Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: mercenaries aren't over power class.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: mercenaries aren't over power class.
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/13/2011 16:12:28   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

@Light Stridr: Actually, mercs are overpowered in 1v1. Mercs have a secret, totally unbeatable build that nobody will EVER think about. Nobody but Xendran and I have actually thought of it.

But for now, nobody has the brains (yet) to make that secret build.

i really doubt it, i beat tech mercs, str mercs, and support mercs so that leaves dex so im guessing high dex and u switch hybrid?
Epic  Post #: 26
6/13/2011 16:12:55   
goldslayer1

@PD
yup
there are such builds for every class
only problem is.
unbeatable VS unbeatable
= 1 has to win
so then it wouldn't be unbeatable
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
6/13/2011 16:13:51   
AQWPlayer

quote:

Try to kill a Mer with BB

Does that mean you want us to kill a merc with a BLACKBERRY? :O
AQW  Post #: 28
6/13/2011 16:21:22   
Light Stridr

quote:

Think SPAMMING something.

Tech with BB and SS?

Reasons why they are OP (in 2v2):

• Bunker Buster - most OPed attack in the game (next to a bot)
  • Their skill tree is laid out oh so easily for specific builds
  • Artillery - Best multi
  • Best tanking capability
  • Easiest to spam stats with
  • Best super move (halving rage has killed (and saved) me soo many times.)

< Message edited by Light Stridr -- 6/13/2011 16:23:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 29
6/13/2011 16:27:42   
xxmirxx

quote:

@xxmirxx: You're not thinking outside the box. There indeed is a such thing as a completely unbeatable build. You look have to look at the BIG picture of everything first. Only then will you see the actual build in sight. Also, I'll give you a hint on what it is - Think SPAMMING something.

doesn't matter if I haven't figure out your built yet just when time comes I will know your weakness. Like if we took away your energy your built would be useless.
AQ Epic  Post #: 30
6/13/2011 16:36:36   
goldslayer1

quote:

Bunker Buster - most OPed attack in the game (next to a bot)

cheapshot is stronger with the right builds
the highest cheapshot i seen is 100

quote:

Their skill tree is laid out oh so easily for specific builds

so are the other skill trees of other classes >.>

quote:

Artillery - Best multi

support doesn't give heavy tanking capabilities along with the multi.

quote:

Best tanking capability

we cant increase defensive skills with stats so we need a steady defense
not like ur defense matrix which can be raised up to 30 at lvl 1 making everyone hit 3 with physical attacks.
other classes have malf/smoke which ruind defensive builds for us.

quote:

Easiest to spam stats with

i can spam just as many stats with another class. its not like i get stats taken away if i try to spam any.

quote:

Best super move

i have to disagree
ur "super move" cant hit 231 damage.
and it cant hit more than the smoke mass combo either.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/13/2011 16:49:35 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
6/13/2011 16:36:51   
drdonte

I think Merc and techmages are even since they can both take you out in 2 or 3 turns, it's just that the bounty hunter is weaker since it's moves aren't strong unless you have alot of strength, and the only skill that takes a set amount of damage is the multi, that's all. So i tihnk this should be the problem.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
6/13/2011 16:39:25   
goldslayer1

@dr donte
smoke cheapshot builds can take players out in 2 turns.
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
6/13/2011 16:45:07   
xxmirxx

goldslayer thats if all work and to take out merc all you need to do is take away your energy
AQ Epic  Post #: 34
6/13/2011 16:47:44   
goldslayer1

@mir
even then they can still win
the smoke and cheapshot only make things faster.
and with bloodlust they can last longer too.
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
6/13/2011 16:48:25   
AQWPlayer

quote:

i really doubt it, i beat tech mercs, str mercs, and support mercs so that leaves dex so im guessing high dex and u switch hybrid?

I've seen that build. Though only once, I know that it is beatable cause the only time I met a dex merc I pwned him (mostly 2vs1). You might be wondering how? Well....we double critted him xD
AQW  Post #: 36
6/14/2011 13:01:07   
PivotalDisorder

mercs arent OP cause of strength bhs ? thats basically what your saying goldslayer, every other point you made was BS.

i know its BS cause I play the game....and not through rose tinted glasses.
Post #: 37
6/14/2011 13:07:37   
goldslayer1

@jeha
i really dont understand why people have such a hard time with mercs.
when i was a mage mercs weren't hard, when i was a Bh mercs weren't hard, when i was a merc, mercs weren't hard.

i dont see how its BS if ur not really giving any "points" as to why they are OP.
anything mercs do can be easily counted by other builds/classes.
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
6/14/2011 13:21:50   
PivotalDisorder

dude im not talking about the very best players vs the majority of nubs. im talking about everyone who plays. if one class is the GOTO class for over a year
doesnt that tell you anything ? mercs are easyville to play for anyone. only when your facing top players who have to be on their A game for every single fight
do they have difficulty, and if they are also pro then the fight will likely go to the merc, luck not withstanding.

mercs can have a high success rate without understanding every aspect of the game, and without having extensive experience competing against all other builds.
mages and bounty hunters [not str hunters] have to understand all these things to have that same kind of success, and ofc neither have a great multi build for 2v2,
mages definitely do not have a fast win build for other battle type and ofc have a lot of skills that really need tweaking.

why do i need to highlight all the other points. you have read them in every single merc topic countless times.

and as for you having no problems with mercs, i dont believe you in the slightest.
Post #: 39
6/14/2011 13:30:22   
goldslayer1

@jeha
u think other classes dont have easy builds?
most of these "easyville" players use 5 focus
go use 5 focus for any class and they will be just as good as a merc.

and i dont have a problem with mercs unless they have a physical armor and if they do they will most likely have low res then its all good. and if their defense is high my cheapshot usually crits a good 50.
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
6/14/2011 14:06:36   
PivotalDisorder

take away 5 focus and guess which class would be left the most powerful.

and 5 focus tech mercs are more powerful than 5 focus tech mages or hunters because of bunker buster.
plasma bolt sucks by comparison and requires malfunction to really be good. that means using over 50 energy
to bunker busters 33, and ofc bunker buster has a 25% crit chance. so mercs are still OP + 5 focus builds in general.
Post #: 41
6/14/2011 14:23:21   
goldslayer1

@jeha
actualy ur wrong about the tech BH.
if a BH spams tech they have a better EMP and better smoke at low lvls. which require little energy.
BH has some of the most strongest skills in the game and they cost less energy then most skills.
for example
emp maxxed out is 19, cheapshot maxxed out is 19, reflex boost maxxed out is 19.
and come here sugar coating other classes saying mercs are OP because they have defense ignores, when BH have a skill with the biggest defense ignore in the game and one of the cheapest ones too.

cheapshot has just as much chances of critting.
and if combined with smoke screen at any lvl it will do big damage.
u ever seen cheapshot do 100?
u may say bunker is OP
but with bunker ur using way more energy, while u can use cheapshot at lvl 1, and it costs less energy and is just as good.
and tech mages who spam tech will be smart if they use their plasma bolt on a rage.
while it can already do good ammounts of damage (unblockable).
on a rage its even worse.

and all 5 focus builds are OP.
but if i had to pick one out of all of the 5 focus builds, i would say BH is the stronger one.

and if theres that much of a problem with bunker mercs, then simply carry 10 more energy and use EMP when u start the fight.

not only is 5 focus BH OP. but if mixxed with more support. it can have great defense
with a good field medic if required.
with support u raise both reflex and energy shield at the same time with a single stat.
tech mages need dex and support to raise both their defensive skills.
and mercs cant raise theirs at all.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/14/2011 14:25:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
6/18/2011 3:01:13   
Aegis Omega

Although a lot of players complain that mercs are OP , i do say they aren't . See , compared to bounty hunters and tech mages , mercs can't manipulate energy , so if a skill-spamming merc is your fighting against , all it takes is to use EMP grenade or Assimilation to clog their build .

Plus , only un-increasable ( if there is such a word )defensive skills are available to mercs , compared to bh's and tech mages .
Epic  Post #: 43
6/18/2011 3:04:56   
xxmirxx

Assimilation is useless skill sure we got physical staffs but that skill be block and would be useless.
AQ Epic  Post #: 44
6/18/2011 3:09:59   
Silver Sky Magician

@xxmirxx

If a skill is 'useless' because it can be blocked, then I don't think strength mercs would have ever existed.
Post #: 45
6/18/2011 3:21:20   
xxmirxx

Assimilation is mage skill.
AQ Epic  Post #: 46
6/18/2011 6:44:03   
Silver Sky Magician

@xxmirxx

I know. Are you saying that only mage skills which are blockable are useless because they are blockable, and merc/hunter skills are not? I think not. You are probably commenting on the nature of blockable skills in general, to which I countered using the example of a once (and probably still is) annoying build which greatly relies on such skills, the strength merc.
Post #: 47
6/18/2011 7:31:41   
Aegis Omega

@xxmirxx
Actually Assimilation is pretty useful . I got an alt. char. , support mage that once used a build with Malfunction and then i Assimilate dudes with exact energy for a heal or 2 skill-spams or fellow mages that have no points on Reroute .

ESPECIALLY ON MERCS!

< Message edited by XxEDpwnerz!xX -- 6/18/2011 7:34:41 >
Epic  Post #: 48
6/18/2011 8:06:58   
xxmirxx

Thats if have no blocks and you need at 8 or higher to make differences.
AQ Epic  Post #: 49
6/18/2011 8:32:00   
goldslayer1

5 focus BH with physical armor and tech spamm with a good reflex is super OP.
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: mercenaries aren't over power class.
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition