Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= June 16, 2011 Delta Preview!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 16, 2011 Delta Preview!
Page 8 of 8«<45678
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/22/2011 9:27:25   
  Charfade

quote:

No offense to Wiseman but i really do not believe he should be a part of a balance team. It has nothing to do with his intelligence but more of his lack of experience actually balancing things as opposed to simply experiencing the lack of balance and his lack of using mathematical reasoning behind his decisions.

Wait wut? First it's not a just a balance team... its a testing team. Second Wiseman is our best debugger. :|

MQ Epic  Post #: 176
6/22/2011 9:41:35   
PivotalDisorder

isnt wiseman the strength bounty hunter who just wants to win fast with no regard to balance ? :)

if its the same one as in game.......
Post #: 177
6/22/2011 11:32:11   
Xendran

@Charfade, i wasnt referring to debugging i was referring to balancing. Debugging isn't in the same field as balancing.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 178
6/22/2011 14:52:30   
Goony
Constructive!

OK, Rainika I sort of get what you are saying and you cleared it up better when you last responded to Shadronica.

I guess what got to me was that you painted the Epic Duel community with a pretty wide brush and it seemed pretty disrespectful to the people who put some thought into constructive criticism/feedback about the game. I have always been reasonably outspoken about some of the balance updates and was one of the first who heavily objected to focus.

Do I feel vindicated now that focus has partially been removed? No!

The whole chain of balance updates that were financially motivated has lead to a declining player base due to the limitations with being able to rework the code in relation to the biggest balance issue "luck". Yes, there are indications that the player base is declining, but I can really only speculate on average daily players as sub domains are hard to track. You can sort of get an indication from the epicduel.com site and that has roughly dropped 1000 hits per day in the last few months or around 15%. The game pretty much peaked around the time of Gamma launch and the boost in the player base was pretty high.

Hence the reason for Delta, to boost the number of players and generate income.

I keep asking how the battle engine 2.0 is going, but since Titan said he was working on it we got 1 update and a lot of lag issues have returned, so I was wondering why you would go to the next stage in a games development before finishing something else that has been started...

Just wondering!!!
Epic  Post #: 179
6/23/2011 4:30:57   
Drakadh

I am guessing that the Tactical Merc will have Support Debuff =,="

~Drakadh
AQW Epic  Post #: 180
6/24/2011 11:48:47   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Goony: I apologise for the late reply :/ Been a bit busy! Yes, I do admit I should have done what I did in my other posts, and made sure it was clear I wasn't refering to all the players. I do understand quite a few, including you, do voice your opinions in a very well organised, respectful manor - and I thank everyone who does that for this, because this does genuinely help and it's muchly appreciated!
I'm guessing that since the whole engine is being editted, Titan felt it was best to have a change, because that's how it's been done in the past.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 181
6/24/2011 11:50:11   
One Winged Angel1357

If you have to do Class Change to get the new classes im guessing you will be able to drive a nice wedge between Varium and F2P

I know the Devs are working hard to make sure the new classes arent OP'ed but i can pretty much promise the new skill along with any other tricks that might come with the new classes will be a problem for the F2P's but as long as it is not to much i guess the new classes wont give us more of a problem then the current Varium issues

So all in all you can give Varium first round with the new classes becuase you guys can only test it so much but hopfully however you make it happen us F2P's can give it a shoot at those new classes
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 182
6/24/2011 12:26:08   
Polandor

LOWER LUCK FREQUENCY AND EFFECT!

Of the critical to 33% ignore, instead of 75% ignore.
And max 10% of the times, instead of 13%.

Reduce the speed of rage gain, from st build, and support build.

A block should still inflict 50% damage.

Gama robot damage need to be scaled on the st stat progression, meaning when you have 80 technologies it should do 18-22 + 30
and instead of the +30 from focus, Make the gamma bot do 31 or 32 flat damage like a lv 31 or 32 weapon, and we are no longer all +5 focus build gamma bot.
The +31 would be reduced by level if you lower level than the robot, like for a primary weapon.

Take my current Merc Build for example:

I have 88 tech and +5 focus
Gamma robot
27-31 +30

Take the same +88 in st in give
20-24 + 31 (to +33 depending on the weapons)

So i suggest making the robot damage on the same scale has the ST, BUT using the tech stats.

My Robot damage would become (with the same 88 in tech)
20-24 + 30

a lot more balanced

And I suggest removing focus, and giving the robot 31 damage like a lv 31 weapon, and -1 damage per level less you are, no limit so a lv 1 can equip a robot, but the robot does +1 damage.
Robot damage
Lv Damage
1 +1
10 +10
20 +20
25 +26
28 +28
29 +29
30 +30
31-33 +31

My Robot damage would become (with the same 88 in tech)
20-24 + 31 (since I am level 33)

It would also help balance Robot at lower level.

< Message edited by Polandor -- 6/24/2011 13:05:59 >
Post #: 183
6/24/2011 13:56:43   
Drakadh

quote:

No offense to Wiseman but i really do not believe he should be a part of a balance team. It has nothing to do with his intelligence but more of his lack of experience actually balancing things as opposed to simply experiencing the lack of balance and his lack of using mathematical reasoning behind his decisions.

I manage to met Wiseman ( I was shivering down my spine ) He was a great guy. I dont get why people hate him? ( Maybe they lost to him in a 1v1? )

On topic: Delta sounds great but I really cant wait for July event ( Hopefully released earlier then expected ;) )

ED turned to be a great game, Aswell as the community, So dont hate the game just yet! Its still has a long way to improve! ;) After All! its still on Delta!

Ty ED Team for such a great game! ;D

P.S Why did you put the Delta theme on the main page!?! xD Now it made me anxious! xD Ty Either Ways!

~Drakadh

< Message edited by Drakadh -- 6/24/2011 14:17:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 184
6/24/2011 14:45:14   
aramcho213

Well, I'm hoping this isn't a letdown update and this will full-fill my expectations and make my summer worth wasting time on ED.
Plus, I'm going to be throwing a Delta Party, on the 28'th, PM me for more information.
Post #: 185
6/24/2011 14:46:17   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I'm going to start saving up my credits for when Delta releases, just in case something great is released (which being Delta, i'm sure it will)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 186
6/24/2011 19:06:15   
altimatum

if the 4th of july promo fits me then I'm set for delta
Post #: 187
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= June 16, 2011 Delta Preview!
Page 8 of 8«<45678
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition