Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =EC 2011= Cellar Arena

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC 2011= Cellar Arena
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/17/2011 17:11:48   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Suddenly, out of the blue, or whatever the dominant color was at the time, multi-coloured sprites appeared, hovering down at rapid speeds to choice contestants. The swarm wiggled and writhed onto them, seeking entrance into the contestants through their ears, mouths, nostrils, and making the fighters emit a glow most spectacular from their eyes, ears, mouths, and even noses...

Their bodies grew transparent, the strange lights taking over everything, making them impossible to see, the light (the contestants?) rose up slowly, finally exploding into a gazillion of little marvelous pieces.

The Lords had made their pick, their chosen champions would proceed to fight the Final Battle of the Tournament...

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 7/17/2011 17:12:03 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 76
7/18/2011 13:58:30   
jerenda

Gabriel stepped to the right, moving out of the shadow of the darkness as she prepared to continue the fight- and then she stopped. Above the chaos and the noise in the Cellar, the flashes of light and glimmer of ice and the overwhelming stench of blood, lights suffused the arena. Swarms of multicolored sprites descended on most of the people nearby, lifting them up into the air where they were consumed entirely by the light. Consumed by light... The phrase seemed to resonate in her mind, and for the briefest instant Gabriel thought she saw something other than the dark arena - a girl, frozen in the act of leaping as light illuminated her skin, her very muscles and bones and blood in burning, searing glory - and then the vision was gone, and there was nothing left but herself and the scent of blood in the air.

Dizzy, Gabriel leaned against a pillar and looked around. The huge void of darkness had gone, as had Reeve and the ice mage she was fighting. Her gravity pull had simply vanished when he left, negated. The couple had vanished as well, the slender young woman who reminded Gabriel so much of herself, and the larger man armored in heavy stone. In fact, the only other two people remaining in the arena with her- not counting the bodies of those who hadn't made it- was the wolf and the man who had been fighting Reeve. Lying scattered around the arena were various weapons, some belonging to her, some to others.

Absently, as if cleaning up after a party, Gabriel attracted her various weapons to her and cleaned the blood off before stashing them in her belt. The unfamiliar knife she tossed into the air, letting it catch the light. She smiled lightly and sent it skipping out across the arena, heading approximately off to the side of the shadow-cloaked man. Not an attack, as the knife was low to the ground, and wouldn't hit him unless he went over there and made it, but a possible returning of property. It might belong to him- it certainly didn't belong to the wolf. If not, no need to keep strange weapons that might have weird enchantments on them. You never could tell until it was too late.

The Angelborn took one last look around the arena, taking a deep breath and letting it out to settle her nerves. Cooling down from a battle always took some time- and speaking of cooling down, the globe was still in the middle of the arena, making everything around it annoyingly cold. Abruptly, she laughed. The sound echoed off the mirrored walls, strangely loud inside the so-recently noisy arena. "Well. That was fun, wasn't it? And it looks like we were passed over. Oh well. Better luck next time, hmm?" Gabriel smiled at the shadow and the wolf, a flashing grin that, while not bloodthirsty, wasn't necessarily nice. "I think I'll go watch the Finals, how about you?" She laughed again, stopping herself from devolving into the hysterical giggles of one who's just faced down death and survived by sheer effort of will.

With that, Gabriel headed for the stairs, making a wide detour around the ice orb. Relief washed over her. She hadn't won, but then she had never expected to. She had survived, and for that she was grateful. And now she had a nice long list of things she needed to work on, and... maybe not a friend. Maybe not even an ally. But certainly someone she felt like she could seek out. If he survived this next trial, that was...
AQ DF  Post #: 77
7/18/2011 18:31:03   
Nightlark

The end was quick. Sudden, even. He watched as the multi-colored sprites appeared out of nowhere, and carried the chosen Champions of their element to the Finals arena. It wasn't me. Whether that's good or bad is another question. He wiped the blood off of the pair of daggers, sheathed them, then set out to look for his two throwing knives. The first one simply landed near his side, the result of a well-placed throw by one of the other two remaining in the arena. The second was lying near in the middle, where, he noticed, the blue orb of frost still remained. The air there was relatively cold now, but he did not mind this as he picked up the dagger and placed it where it belonged.

Another combatant, a girl, presumably the one who had thrown him his knife, suddenly let out a laugh. Glancing at her, sure that she had lost her mind after witnessing so much blood and death, he was slightly surprised when she spoke. "Well. That was fun, wasn't it? And it looks like we were passed over. Oh well. Better luck next time, hmm?"

"Fun? Killing is never fun. Killing is only worthwhile when the rewards exceed the cost of the lives that we take." Completely shutting her out, Kainrahn retreated to the peace and quiet of his own mind as he contemplated where he was to go next. Surely, someone from the lab would have seen him and would try to get him back... No. I am free to go anywhere, and if they decided to bother me, then I will refresh their memory of the feeling of my blades in their flesh. He headed to the stairs and the world above, ignoring the pain of his wounds, and did not look back. I will see enough of it next year and the years to come... I will be back, better prepared to serve my lord.
Post #: 78
7/22/2011 2:48:26   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Nightfall had turned to run at the demon. Just as his teeth went Snap, the demon was gone. "What? What is this? What's happening?"

Nightfall's eyes spied Mr.Boulder vanishing as well. "What? Where'd he go?" "What treachery is this?" He thought confused.

Nightfall had never been to a tournament, and he had never seen such as this. When the woman spoke his eyes narrowed. "That's what it is than. They've been chosen."

Nightfall sat down, the copies vanishing with a glance. "no. he stole it from me. No. NOOOOOOOOOOO!" his last thought echoed out a loud long mournful howl.

The words to return to normal were spoken and Nightfall dropped to his knees.

he spoke softly in the chilled air. "That ice mage. This is his fault. He made me delay too long."

Nightfall stood and stared sadly at the arena. He had not made a single ally here.

He had not found a cure. He had not won. Nightfall shook from the cold and went up the stairs.

As soon as he emerged he shielded his eyes from the bright sun and felt someone wrap something around him.

He got his vision back and smiled modestly. "Thank you." He gazed at the healer who smiled.

"The blood down there it.. I." One of the men brought a plate to him and he ate the raw meat desperately. Satisfied he gazed back at the cellar.

"They were chosen." He said. The healer nodded slowly. "I have to see this to the end." Nightfall said Hesistantly. "But first I'll need some clothing."

The healer motioned him to follow and Nightfall vanished with the man.

Later, just at the start of the final rounds, Nightfall emerged and headed to his seat. He sat down slowly gazing intently at the combatants and said softly.
"That jerk better not lose." Nightfall still felt sad that he had lost so much, wasted so much time and didn't get past the preliminary round.
AQW Epic  Post #: 79
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC 2011= Cellar Arena
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition