Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New Classes Will Be Varium

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New Classes Will Be Varium
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/26/2011 0:27:25   
BlueKatz

Ah, so he mean Varium players should be greedy
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 51
6/26/2011 0:27:50   
edwardvulture

OMG Mir why would you take her page and state it as your own?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 52
6/26/2011 1:04:44   
xxmirxx

quote:

OMG Mir why would you take her page and state it as your own?

LOL I guess you can't read too.
quote:

she friend and I just like put my friends on my page.

I never at one point claim it was my and I can do what ever I want on my profile.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 6/26/2011 1:06:59 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 53
6/26/2011 1:11:56   
goldslayer1

quote:

3 NEW Class Evolutions

i think people are mis interpreting that
to me it means 3 new classes is the evolution of ED.
altho they are based off the old classes, it doesn't mean they are evolutions.
if they were evolutions then there would be a different method into changing to these classes
for example
if u want blood mage, u need to switch to mage first then to bloodmage.
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
6/26/2011 1:35:20   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

I think I understand it from Titan's perspective- it's not a broken system. It works, and it seems efficient to utilize the same framework.
Post #: 55
6/26/2011 1:38:14   
Lectrix

Guys, please stay on topic. I can see why some of you are angry, but if the flaming/trolling continues, I'll have to Lock this Thread.

Just because "the evolved classes work the same way current class changes work", they will not necessarily have the same cost as the current class changes. Remember, nothing in this game is set in stone; even the current system could change at a moment's notice.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
6/26/2011 1:40:14   
Nexus...

Hmm I never said it was broken Cindy. Also it would be quite efficient, for his pockets...How is this system efficient at all? These ARE CLASS EVOLUTIONS (look at the direct quote) and there is no denying it. However its still going to be Varium which is sad, and makes the system very broken (their I said it). The framework may be fine, but the currency isn't. Please take this into consideration Cindy :/ The way the quote was worded made it sound like the new "evolved classes" were to be implemented into the existing framework the exact same way as the others.

I hope this isn't true.

@Above
Flaming? Please, we were allowed to express discontent the last time I checked. Or is that prohibited now as well? Ahh I see we have some flamers, my mistake. Put your flame throwers away people, this is a peaceful protest!

EpicE4

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 6/26/2011 1:47:05 >
Epic  Post #: 57
6/26/2011 1:48:35   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

Nexus, true they're evolutions in the sense that their themed to be similar to the existing classes, but that's hardly saying they're just a recycle of the original classes. We've yet to see more than a single skill for each class, but they're each getting their own skill trees so what you have are separate and original classes.

Lectrix wasn't directing that at you solely Nexus. It was just a reminder to everyone in this thread. As long as this stays civil, there's no problem with discussing this subject.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
6/26/2011 2:24:40   
Nexus...

quote:

Nexus, true they're evolutions in the sense that their themed to be similar to the existing classes, but that's hardly saying they're just a recycle of the original classes. We've yet to see more than a single skill for each class, but they're each getting their own skill trees so what you have are separate and original classes.

Ashari :)

Maybe if they don't want us to speculate they should release some information on the class besides the one skill they have shown us. How do you know they are not a recycle of the old classes? Sure there are new skill tree's, but for all we know the skills could be very similar, more powerful versions, mixing and matching skills from different classes and renaming them etc. Sadly we have very little information on these new classes, and what exactly we should expect from them. With the information given I can only speculate, and when I see Bloodmage, I think half mage half mercenary. If half of the skills are similar to what we had before, and the other half are "new", then I will consider this an "Evolved Mage." I have no reason to think otherwise.

On another note...
Its really sad that after the incidents of a few weeks ago, we have gotten such little communication from the staff. I understand the developers are busy, but I thought it was Cindy's job to keep us up to date. Honestly Cindy, and this is just me throwing something out there, it might be a VERY good idea to fill the players in on what exactly we should expect from these new classes. A team of SIX testing these is not enough, and you are set to go live with them this Tuesday. Unless six can account for the majority of ED (which I doubt you can), in the future it may be a good idea to run some stuff past the players so we can give some feedback. If your excuse to this is you don't have enough time to TEST and REPORT back to us, then all I can say is you should have started earlier (not your fault)

Just tired of little real information. What I mean by this is, you give us general information every once and a while, but never anything specific enough for us to judge. Come release day it may be that many players are upset because our expectations were not met etc.

Lets try to avoid another Gamma...

EpicE4

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 6/26/2011 2:33:44 >
Epic  Post #: 59
6/26/2011 4:24:45   
Buffy A. Summers

@

Well Said As Always Nexus.

It Amazes Me After 4 Weeks How We Are Given So Little Actual Information On This "Huge" Release.

Again, I Will Compare To AQW Design Notes Which Are Very Detailed And Professional.

I Do NOT Want To Wait Till The Release Goes Live To See/Know Everything.

A Few Surprises Are Fine, But If They Want People To Spend Money, A Full Design Notes 2-3 Days Before Release Would Be Helpful.

Having An Idea Of The New Classes Skill Set And Cost, Etc...Would Be A Good Thing.

Players Could Have An Idea If They Actually Want To Switch/Use A Class.

An INFORMED Consumer Is A Happy One.

I Am Tired OF EpicDuel's Aggressive Marketing Schemes...Very Similar To A Store Opening On Black Friday With A Big Sale...

Where You Are Not Sure Of How Much Things Are, How Many They Have..Etc...

Just Everyone Rush In Like A Pack Of Animals And Let The Chaos Begin. *sigh*

I Want To Know BEFORE Hand...How Much It Will Cost To Get The New Sword And Do The Class Change.

Is That Really Asking For Too Much?

The 2nd Point Which I Mentioned Many Moons Ago (Juggernaut Release) To Wiseman In This Forum...Which Nexus Is Hitting On Here...

A PLAYER TEST SERVER.

Imagine That?

3-6 Mods Do Not Represent The Entire ED Community. As There Is One Huge Difference...We Actaully PAY To Play This Game.

And Make No Doubt About It...They Want Our Money And "Customer Support" With Buying Varium.

Again, AQW (Artix Owned BTW) Had A Player Test Server... Why Not EpicDuel?

A 4 Week Wait...Give Us A DETAILED Design NOTES ASAP...Not A PREVIEW Or Tease.

They Continue To Love To Surprise Us. And Often...The Majority of CUSTOMERS Are Not Happy With That. When Will They Learn?

I Wanted To Know One Simple Thing That Is Releveant...And They MUST Already Know The Answer To...

These New 2vs1 Battles...Will They Count As Solo/Team/Jugg/ Or A 4th Brand New Battle Record? For Both Player And Faction.

*sigh*

So Hard To Get Same Straight And Solid Answers From the ED Team Even 2-3 Days Before A "HUGE" Release.

I Am So Tired Of This Whole...BIG SURPRISE Atmosphere They Continue To Create With Every Release.

In My Opinion, It Shows They Are Making It Up As They Go Along...And Doing Things Last Minute.

Time And Time Again.

Not Very Professional For A "Premium" Costing Game.

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 6/26/2011 4:29:47 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 60
6/26/2011 4:43:07   
kelvin112233

I find it harsh that nonvarlum players are going to be without a release for a good month. I would be happier with a few new quests than a new system that will increase the difference between varlum and nonvarlum. i suppose the gap will simply continue to increase, but what purpose is their in a game if there's no challenge? I guess i'll just wait and pray that the feature isn't just for paying players because that would be quite a disappointment, but the world will goes on and i guess if it is varlum i can focus on AQW rep farming lol :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
6/26/2011 4:57:17   
Buffy A. Summers

@

That's A Whole Nother "Issue". They Continue To Preach That They Are Making The Game And Evolving It For Both Varium And Free Players...But We All Know That It Is About The Money.

Juggernaut Release Was Yet Another Example...And Now These New Classes Will Be "Exclusive" I'm Sure.

As For 2vs1 Boss Battle...Do You Really Think 2 Non Varium Players Will Stand A Decent Chance Of Winning?

I Highly Doubt It.

To Echo What I Said Above..If They Care So Much About Their "Varium" Cashcow Players...Then Why Won't They Answer Their Questions And Let Them Know Upfront What They Will Get With Their Money...

And How Much It Will Cost. This Game Is Becoming OUTRAGEOUS As Far As Cost, Monthly For A 2d Flash Player Game, Still In Development.

EXAMPLE: If Class Change Costs Varium (1500) And The New Sword Only Comes With $35 Or $50 Package, (Possibly 1500-2500 Varium In Game)...

Next It's Rare, Has Most Likely, 8-10 Enhancement Slots...If I Want To Do All Of The Above, Evo Class Change, Get The New Sword And Fully Enhance It...It Will Cost Me $50, No Doubt.

They Will Say You Don't Have To, Of Course, That Is True...But Look At The Costs...This Happens Weekly And Monthly.

This Doesn't Even Mention Any Independence Day Weapons...

So The Gap Between Pay To Play And "Free" Players Continues To Widen.

Funny Thing Is...The So-Called "Elite" Players (ie; BIG SPENDING CUSTOMERS) Do Not Get Treated Very Well By The Staff.

If You Don't Believe Me, Just View This Forum To See What Many Of Them Think And Feel About Their "Customer Appreciation" And Customer Support.

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 6/26/2011 4:58:07 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 62
6/26/2011 5:18:15   
Luna_moonraider

@ buffy
lolz i did not have any other example to use pkm was the first thing that pop into my mind when some1 says evolve. also i had to use pkm as an example cause it is the most easiest thing a person can understand.

i m thinking the class evo follows the same rules as pokemon u cant evolve a torchic into a monferno. so basically a mage can only evolve to a blood mage, a bh can only evolve into a cyber hunter and a merc cand only evovle into hmm idk the new name for the merc evo class so lets name it as bezerker.

Back to topic

well sadly i do not know why some players are selfish saying that the class evolution should be varium and stay varium. i do not mind class change being varium because i myself hate class hopping. i rather make a new file and enjoy trashing people and they do not even know it is me. that is the point of an alt. question here is are the class evolution evolution of the current 3 classes or are the totally new classes if they are totally new classes i suggest not naming them blood mage,cyber hunter,bezerker or wat ever they are called i rather call them a new name do not even put in mage or hunter in thier names to preven confusion. if they are new classes then y call them class evolution.

Off topic

gradz mr merc hater for being the new ak u know who you are.

AQW Epic  Post #: 63
6/26/2011 6:51:11   
midnight assassin

I guess this will be the death of a non varium player like me. Anyway I have no choice but to accept that class will be varium but it hurts since they just shoot my hope that class evolution will be for all.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
6/26/2011 9:20:31   
Wraith

@Rider_of_Rohan: Watch who you call ignorant. xxmirxx is one of the best F2P players out there. And he's a tech mage, the UP class. He also has over 20k wins.

Good thing I'm going to buy Varium soon.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 65
6/26/2011 9:41:35   
pinoy idols

Oh man... Since the odds that the class evolutions will be varium are 1 million to 1, I might as well find me another game to play. Oh wait, I already do have a new game: Drift City. Eat mah rubber, suckas!

Back on topic, it's extremely saddening that the class evolutions will be varium. I mean, it doesn't seem right. So many non-vars have been expecting it but then the decision to integrate it with the current class change system totally killed the hopes of those players (even me). Oh well, I guess that's just life. Can't do anything about it, unless Titan changes his mind and makes the class evolution available for non-vars as well. Well let's cross our fingers.

@luna Using pkm to explain the class evolution was brilliant! it reminded me of my suggestion that class change should be available after a certain level .

@lord sinastr Yeah you're right, mir is indeed a very repectable mage, but he should watch his words as well. Since he isn't a native English speaker, he tends to get misunderstood often. I brought that up to him some time ago that he should get an English language tutor, but it fell on deaf ears. At least I'm saying it again to him.
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
6/26/2011 10:23:32   
Sageofpeace

@Buffy

Nice going quoting HUGE RELEASE

@On topic

i don't understand how can you call a game free to play when free player are restricted to play a battle mode and to use all the "Classes", why would they also write with a exclamation mark that the new battle mode is going to be free if you are calling the game free to play it just hilarious. Also another thing that people hadn't notice or haven't write yet is that if the class evolution work the same way the current system does it means that if you are a mercenary and wanted to change to a "blood mage" first you go to change to a regular mage them to a blood mage so it means double the money "$$$$$$" again for those people who has spend a lot money on the game star thinking about how you spend your money because within a year the money you spend on this game you could buy a hole set off stuff for you like a "ps3,xbox360, HD TV and many other stuff.

For real if you buy a ps3 you get to play well done game no paying feed to keep playing it or using any of it features of course with the exception of the Map packs which are well worth it money and are CHEAP which this game doesn't know the meaning of it.

Some game that are a one time Deal

Call of Duty Series
Mortal Kombat
Halo
Infamous
Assassin Greed
Gear of War
Battle Field
Some games that are a one time deal

< Message edited by Sageofpeace -- 6/26/2011 10:25:19 >

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 67
6/26/2011 10:31:30   
Calogero

whoowhoo, looks like My wallet will be shut for ED starting Delta

Delta hasn't started yet and I'm allready looking at it with a sad face
only good thing apparently is the 2 vs 1 Npc boss.

Sad tho... they claim to listen to the players... but all they do is ' smoothen ' things up
to make us pay more and more. I think I allready wasted more than enough on a game that
Still is in testing. 1 less moneycow for you

< Message edited by andy123 -- 6/26/2011 10:34:53 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
6/26/2011 11:04:27   
midnight assassin

Since I don't deserve to live in epic duel I decided to quit. Like Darwin's theory, we all need to fit into the environment to survive but in this game I you can only survive if you buy varium. It is clear that class change will be varium. It feels like I can't hang out with you guys since you are all pros and me I feel that I'm a noob in the community. This game turn out to be survival of the fittest because if your a non varium you have only three choices and it's evolve, npc or die. It turns out that I become a free kill from varium players or should I say a happy meal from varium players. And btw I expect delta to be like gamma so to avoid wasting my time I quit. I hope this will serve as a wake up call to dev to treat non varium players properly. And now I'm free like a bird from the curse of becoming a non varium but I'm happy that my character accepted the terrible price and it is to quit and die.

< Message edited by midnight striker -- 6/26/2011 11:24:38 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
6/26/2011 11:27:52   
pinoy idols

All right, THAT IS IT. I've made my decision. I am now quitting this game, regardless of all my factionmates and my buddies in-game. Epic Duel's your problem now. I will now cease all EpicDuel-related activities, although I will continue to read this forum (just to keep myself updated). There is no way that I will return UNLESS the devs make the class evolution non-varium and unless they even the gap between variums & non-variums. Until then, sayounara, suckers. Give yourselves a big headache. Like I said, this game's your problem now!
If anyone agrees w/ me, I say you make up your mind about staying or leaving this game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 70
6/26/2011 11:28:28   
Novaburst

Nooo...... MQ design notes lied!!!!!!!!!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
6/26/2011 11:29:55   
pinoy idols

@above What is the connection with the MQ DN's and this thread?
AQW Epic  Post #: 72
6/26/2011 11:32:04   
midnight assassin

^ I agree with you atleast I'm not the only one who died and who have fallen in the battle field full of bitterness,chaos and discrimination.

< Message edited by midnight striker -- 6/26/2011 11:35:54 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
6/26/2011 11:33:37   
Retrosaur

@Nexus
It's been confirmed that the "class evolution" will be modified skills from before.

Taken from Titan's twitter.
3 NEW classes created and working! I'm working on the modified skill trees and a good few new skills to mix things up! Delta is coming!
AQW Epic  Post #: 74
6/26/2011 11:34:35   
Calogero

I'll continu to play... but I won't be spending a dime on this so called game.
Titan, if your intensions are to kill Epic Duel... By all means go ahead the way you are going :)

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New Classes Will Be Varium
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition