Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New Classes Will Be Varium

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New Classes Will Be Varium
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/27/2011 4:35:43   
xxmirxx

Ok what about you Zman do you want new class free for everyone or varium only to buy change class. I wasn't sure about you either.
AQ Epic  Post #: 151
6/27/2011 4:39:20   
kelvin112233

They are ok with it because they thought that you could make a new account to try the new classes, but you CANNOT as Luna and I have told you multiple times. If the new classes are upgraded version of the current classes then you need to use varlum to upgrade from a starter class to the new classes. Also many Varlum players don't mind the new classes being free for credits...

From T.600
quote:

I don't think that the non varium players should feel left out because if these classes work like the other classes, you should be able to create a new account to try the classes! The advantage of being a varium player is that we don't have to make a new account in order to test out the new classes.

From Larcell
quote:

Yes, I'm hoping to make a new account that will be able to choose one of the new classes, possibly Cyber Hunter.

From charwelly
quote:

I have to say as a varium player it is un fair to f2p players seeing everyone wanted new classes not just varium players

From Raph21
quote:

Here's a suggestion:
Make class change credits or varium.
Make upgrade tokens or varium.

From PKC
quote:

I stopped playing this game for a month because I heard this.
Oh well nothing much I can do tried once but failed because everyone is against me

From BlueKatz
quote:

Epic fail

I'm tired of this already...

I q....

Nah I will stand outside and watch for now

From Buffy A. Summers
quote:

And How Much It Will Cost. This Game Is Becoming OUTRAGEOUS As Far As Cost, Monthly For A 2d Flash Player Game, Still In Development.

EXAMPLE: If Class Change Costs Varium (1500) And The New Sword Only Comes With $35 Or $50 Package, (Possibly 1500-2500 Varium In Game)...

From andy123
quote:

whoowhoo, looks like My wallet will be shut for ED starting Delta

Delta hasn't started yet and I'm allready looking at it with a sad face
only good thing apparently is the 2 vs 1 Npc boss.

quote:

kind of makes it difficult seeing the thread title is New Classes will be Varium ;)

anyway, like I said, My wallet = closed from now on
Now I'm out of here

From dragonman111
quote:

ok guys really ye now im a varium guy i think its extremely bad that there doing this its excluding u basically from perks in the game unless you spend on well fake virtually stuff that dosent exsit but they have to make money ya no most games do this say somethings free then only let u do little things with epic duel htey let u do most things but whos nos some one will prob post the new clases within days on u tube ull see if u like it or not so that kinda ur test run and maybe ull like ur old clases better but it is still unfair

From beastmo
quote:

This is pathetic as usual

I stopped at the end of the 5th page because it's a waste of time. Varlum player either thought that free players could try the new classes or they are in favor of new classes being free. I didn't continue or my post would be pages long... These are all Varlum players BTW if you don't believe me look em up urself...

< Message edited by kelvin112233 -- 6/27/2011 5:05:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 152
6/27/2011 4:51:31   
xxmirxx

I wasn't sure about Larcell and other T.600 rest I never mention. I actually think T.600 ment to start over to new class not free switch and same with Larcell.
AQ Epic  Post #: 153
6/27/2011 4:54:19   
kelvin112233

Yes but they thought Class Evolution being varlum was fine as long as free players could still use them, but they CANNOT because they are upgraded version of starter classes that will cost VARLUM >:D I've said this SO many times to you. The number of Varlum players in favor of free Class Evolutions is an overwhelming majority...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 154
6/27/2011 5:04:23   
Nexus...

Gold -

You know just as little as we do. If they arn't evolutions, then WHY did they call them EVOLUTIONS? From the information given, and multiple direct quotes which implicate and include evolution, I don't see why I would or even COULD agree with what you are saying.

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 155
6/27/2011 6:22:07   
goldslayer1

quote:

You know just as little as we do. If they arn't evolutions, then WHY did they call them EVOLUTIONS? From the information given, and multiple direct quotes which implicate and include evolution, I don't see why I would or even COULD agree with what you are saying.

if they are "evolutions" the WHY do u have to use the class change feature to get them? MEANING that they are completely different classes. and not upgraded version. if they were upgraded versions then u would need to turn to BH to turn into CB later on thru a DIFFERENT method.
AQW Epic  Post #: 156
6/27/2011 6:36:35   
Fay Beeee

Well in 2 days time we will all find out. Wont we. :)
Epic  Post #: 157
6/27/2011 6:40:08   
goldslayer1

@fay
perhaps only 1. i think they might do the release around midnight.
because origincaly they said june 28 but then they said june 29
so maybe midnight.
AQW Epic  Post #: 158
6/27/2011 7:06:30   
T.600

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply.

Everyone should take into consideration that 2vs1 boss battles will be completely free, Juggernaut was available for non varium so that they didn't feel left out AND the suggestion shop was released a few weeks ago. As a varium player, I found all the items useless to me but they were great for non variums! My point is that non variums haven't been left out. Obviously, varium players will be 'stronger' than non variums because they paid to be better. Some of you guys expect to be able to beat varium players when you haven't even reached the level cap. A full level 33 non varium player with the best non varium items can beat a player with varium! I have been beaten by a level 33 non varium, and I think he should be proud of his victory :)!

As for the class evolutions, they haven't even been released yet...I thought that if it worked with class change, then the new classes should be available by creating a new character. You guys know that the devs do need to gain some money. They could make an overpowered promo but it would cause complaints. They could make 2vs1 boss battles a varium only option, an OPED promo, or the class evolutions. Make the choice; if you haven't bought varium you can't expect everything. From the MechQuest Design Notes it is implied that these new classes are 'upgrades' of the current versions. I got a completely different point of view from Cinderella, she said they were evolved versions of the current classes, and they weren't 'better' than the current classes.

If they are going with the class change option then I think there needs to be some changes made to the current class change system. The 'Class Master' achievment should go rare, the varium price should be reduced and there should be an expensive credit option. The new classes will only be available through class change and it will symbolise the true 'pros' who could gain enough credits to class change...or just spend the varium.

The other option would be the Quest Chain which Frostlich has already touched on.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 159
6/27/2011 7:13:41   
goldslayer1

@t.600
i dont have a problem with having a credit only class change. but the thing is if its gonna be credits then it should be like 100k -150k credits.
i would say 150k because 10k credits translate to 100 varium according to the warkills system comparison.
dont get me wrong a credit class change feature wont be bad. but there will be players who want too much and ask for the price to be something like 20K (like they did for silver juggernaut card when it should have been 120K).
and if thats gonna be the case, then varium players will be using the credit option instead of the varium options because lets face it, its easier to gain credits as a varium player. u can get 20k in a single day. and then the staff would be at a loss if varium players use credit options to class change.

so if they do make a credit option
it should be 150K credits max or 100k credits minimum. because it would be extremely ridiculous to have credit class change at 20k.
AQW Epic  Post #: 160
6/27/2011 8:08:47   
skeletondude

@goldslayer: 0.0 150k is the maximum and 100k is the minimum are u kidding me u think tht non var's can get 20 k in 1 day tht only implies to those variums who spend hours of playing continuously and only a few non var can gain tht advantage and were not asking class change to be 20 k maybe 50k to 70k pretty much enough

AQW Epic  Post #: 161
6/27/2011 8:15:30   
goldslayer1

@Skeleton
100k-150k comparing to the war kills system

10k credits = about 100 kills
200 varium = about 200 kills
so 10k = 100 varium

1500 varium = 150k
and IMO i think thats a fair price considering that its supose to be a varium feature.
dont get me wrong but it would be bad for ED if class changes were cheap in credits. with it being varium only ED gets more. so credit only class changes should be as rare as possible.

but ask urself this
would u like not having a credit class change or would u like to have a credit class change even if it means its a large ammount of credits?

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/27/2011 8:17:52 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 162
6/27/2011 8:36:15   
One Winged Angel1357

actully from the sounds of it(quote from MQ DN) Class Evo might not be Varium sounds like they have a base system in mind for this much like, dare i say, pokemon
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 163
6/27/2011 8:46:35   
King FrostLich

I even wonder today, why did devs make it varium? First of all, not everyone is willing to just "evolve" automatically. If they hate the new class, they can just switch back to what class they were originally to like if this certain bounty hunter hates the cyber hunter he'd just cancel the evolution if he observed the class with an alt account. Sheesh, I was highly expecting the quest chain suggestion of mines to be accepted but whatever. If devs dont want it free then fine, more majority of people complain anyway.
Epic  Post #: 164
6/27/2011 9:28:34   
The Shadow Dragon

quote:

I was highly expecting the quest chain suggestion of mines to be accepted

Simple. There's no money in your idea. Dont get my wrong, i REALLY like your

idea, but at these times, the dev's only accept idea's that will eat wallet's.
Post #: 165
6/27/2011 9:33:01   
King FrostLich

Well its Delta FYI. From the Greek word meaning change or a triangle sign used in mathematical and scientific equations which I solve in chemistry, physics and calculus right now. I do hope they CHANGE their way in releasing good updates like at least no more YOU NEED THIS STUFF BY VARIUM. I do hope they CHANGE VARIUM PRICING and most importantly I do hope the devs would CHANGE the class evolutions as a free option ONCE but if it is ignored then use the varium. If not, ED will have less players which explains Epic server now having a maximum of 815-820 players.

< Message edited by FrostLich -- 6/27/2011 9:34:02 >
Epic  Post #: 166
6/27/2011 9:59:33   
Luna_moonraider

@kelvin112233

thx for defending me. apparently Mir does not own a dictionary hmm so he basically do not understand what is evolution. Just ignore him cause i have already given up trying to explain to him what is evolution. i even used pokemon to explain to him what is evolution but still he does not seem to understand what is it.come on i used the most easiest thing that most people even know and he still does not understand just let him be a spoil sport and let him continue on saying that non variums are just trash that varium players kick around.

Back to topic

well a credit option for class evolution would be nice but frostlich idea of chain quest seem a little more interesting. farming credits is kinda boring. doing a chain quest or 2 would be a nice change. why not make a chain quest option and a use varium option. if u want to evolve fast just use varium and enjoy the evolve class. if u do not want to evolve fast and want to save some varium u can use the chain quest method. it is a win win situation for all variums. And the devs will still gain money from normal class change as u can only evolve into a blood mage if u were a mage. lets say some varium bh want to be a blood mage he would have to change to mage first. the devs will still gain $$$$ no $$$$ lost either. only problem is can u undo the evolution or do u still need to pay a whole Chuck load of varium to just change back from blood mage to mage. that is my question now cause the new evolution might not be as good as the older version.

Off topic

PKM FTW lolz

AQW Epic  Post #: 167
6/27/2011 10:03:48   
Wraith

Right now I wonder if I should buy Varium or riot.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 168
6/27/2011 10:14:58   
Luna_moonraider

^just buy varium and make and endless black hole in your pocket. or there is another option quit and play aqw and slash monster and gain rep to get a new class and repeat it again for doomwood,arcane groove and sandsea.
AQW Epic  Post #: 169
6/27/2011 10:16:03   
pinoy idols

@lord sinastr Dude, don't. Think about it. It may not be a fair investment.

@frostlich Wow dude thumbs up for referring to your subjects! You said chemistry, physics & calculus. I'm doing 2 of those already (chem & p6) and I say you are right. One of the reasons that I quit ED is because of school. Well, unlike someone named *ehem* xxmirxx *ehem*, I have a real life. I spend 11-12 full hours in school for 4 days straight, w/c leaves me w/ no time to play ED. i alos agree w/ your stand on varium pricing. It doesn't offer much bang 4 your buck. I wish that Wiseman's suggestion was implemented.

quote:

I do hope the devs would CHANGE the class evolutions as a free option ONCE but if it is ignored then use the varium.
SUPER LIKE!
AQW Epic  Post #: 170
6/27/2011 12:48:26   
Celestine
Constructive!

From all the snip-bits we are getting from their Twitters and other game Design-Notes, we can conclude that these "evolved" classes will be varium.
Extremely disappointed about that, not because I don't have enough varium because I do, but because it takes away a fun new aspect from the non-variums.
As well as taking away the whole meaning of evolution.

If they were to make completely new classes, which they didn't, I would not mind paying to class change.
It makes sense to pay for a new class, but not for reincarnated skills and then a few new ones.
Battle Tokens could have been used here, as well as Credits or even Rating, but we continue to dwell in Varium.

Hopefully, I'll be able to take everything I just said back once Delta comes, but the chances are slim.
Perhaps more information on the release would be useful, don't you think?

Have a good day.

-Celestine
DF Epic  Post #: 171
6/27/2011 13:03:28   
Vick Vega

A sword... Really.... Haven't we had enough of the same weapon...

Do we know of these 2nd tier classes stronger than the normal classes or are they supposed to be what they like to call balanced

< Message edited by Vick Vega -- 6/27/2011 13:04:55 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 172
6/27/2011 13:40:41   
IsaiahtheMage

@xxMirxx I am not flaming you. I was simply asking you a question. Also if asking you a question is flaming then you for sure massively flaming. I am done with this discussion with you. Good day.
Can anyone show me concreate proof that these new classes are evolutions? Please I want to know if they are avaible to get for a new account.
AQW Epic  Post #: 173
6/27/2011 16:17:29   
kelvin112233

I think they should implement a Token Sytem. The ED team could make a quest chain with a Token reward. The Token could be used for Class Change or Class Upgrade. Once the chain of quests has been completed it can no longer be repeated; therefore, everyone will atleast have the chance to Class Change/Class Upgrade once for free, benefiting all players. For them to make money they could add these Tokens to Varlum Packages adding to the incentive to purchase Packages or they could make new merchandise consisting of these Tokens (10 Tokens for 10k varlum/$50.00). It would be a marketing strategy because people would have an incentive to buy these Class Change Token Packages like buying bulk at Costco.

Example:

You could add Tokens to Varlum Package, but leave the pricing as is to increase their Total Value.

5k Varlum Package + 1 Free Token = 6.5k Total Varlum Value
10k Varlum Package + 2 Free Tokens = 13k Total Varlum Value

You could Also make Token Packages:

5 Tokens for 6k Varlum (You save 1.25k Varlum)
10 Tokens for 10k Varlum (You save 5k Varlum)

If they implemented something like this, the ED might prevent some Varlum players from leaveing, by showing generousity, but I highly doubt this would happen despite its ability to generate money and please customers.

BTW I wasn't talking about Battle Token, just completely new Tokens aside from the Battle Tokens.

< Message edited by kelvin112233 -- 6/27/2011 16:19:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 174
6/27/2011 16:25:43   
Retrosaur

@Kelvin
That makes a lotttt of sense.

That makes giving promos away much easier, instead of picking one over another. So let's say they want to give out the Delta Destroyer Sword. Instead, they can give away a token, that allows the user to get that sword whenever he wishes by redeeming it. Kinda like "Vouchers of Nulgath" but you get the point.

Also, I was hoping we would have more of a storyline kind of update. AQWorlds always has one, I mean "Update to the DoomWood Saga!" kind of things, it'd be nice where if there was a boss, it'd be like kind of a boss summoned by Baelius kind of thing. Or a Baelius merc (mechquest MERGE :D)
AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New Classes Will Be Varium
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition