Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Destroying balance!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Destroying balance!!
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/30/2011 15:44:52   
ambien

looks like to me mages got table scapes from mrec and bhs and mages lost there dinner plate

always the SyFy
Post #: 176
6/30/2011 15:45:45   
Giras Wolfe

Static charge only works on strikes right? If it was combinable with any attack, it could have some use, maybe enough to make the class viable. Or just make it a passive. 25% of all damage inflicted to energy would make for an interesting strategy.
Clearly, passives stand at the very core of each class. Tactical Hunters are left with only one passive, and a meager one at that. (10% block rate when half of the attacks against you are unblockable for 10 stat points doesn't pay off.) Mercinaries, on the other hand, kept their core passive and receive the core passive of mages too. Added to that is smokescreen, an hp gaining attack, and good ol' artillery strike. All in one ridiculous class.

I have not inspected blood mages enough to decide about them, but if they kept deadly aim and have a way to increase both def and rez, they should do all right.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 177
6/30/2011 15:52:22   
xxmirxx

Its funny all class are basically copy cat skills.
AQ Epic  Post #: 178
6/30/2011 15:57:14   
TurkishIncubus

To everybody replyed this thread:

Woooow ED players realy has super brains , admins worked weeks for balance the classes but you guys find the oped class in less than 1 day , You tried every class and every builds with them and than find the oped class in less than a day.

I think Titan and NW should retire and you guys should be new admins cause you come up with super balance ideas for new classes that admins cant balanced in weeks.

Note :All thing above is all sarcasm if you didnt understand :/

The thing i want to tell is lets give some time the classes released 1 day ago , if after 3-4 weeks no one find a build to beat *OPED* class than admins should do something.

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 6/30/2011 16:01:21 >

Epic  Post #: 179
6/30/2011 15:58:25   
Tasuja

Yeah, Cinderella was quite nice to us.
AQ Epic  Post #: 180
6/30/2011 15:59:12   
Zean Zapple

I met a level 31 Cyber Hunter: Frost Mage101. We had a delightful conversation.

~Zean
Epic  Post #: 181
6/30/2011 16:02:46   
Xx. Christian .xX

cinderella and charfade are so nice :D
Post #: 182
6/30/2011 16:06:02   
redxtra

the only reason why they seem OPed is b/c of hybrid armor and str builds and now its more like.....
merc vs bounty - merc wins
merc vs mage - merc wins
merc vs merc- merc wins

and now T mercs have smoke so a str build t merc with max smoke and a physical weapon would kill all unless u get lucky 2 block everything
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 183
6/30/2011 16:07:10   
Zean Zapple

Ugh please give numbers not anecdotes! But you got one thing right, balance isn't there.

~Zean
Epic  Post #: 184
6/30/2011 16:07:34   
Kaiquef

Sure ,Funny/Good Times
Post #: 185
6/30/2011 16:10:35   
Agiluz

they still are "weak" to me even they got those new skills my bh still pwns them. I still have to watch out when they explore new builds to pwn me X_x

Rogue Ninja
Post #: 186
6/30/2011 16:15:53   
Retrosaur

Strenght build. Period.

Max Fireball.

Level 1 Berzerker

It's really good, i've played against one.
AQW Epic  Post #: 187
6/30/2011 16:18:14   
Sipping Cider

I got help from Ashari for something
Epic  Post #: 188
6/30/2011 16:19:47   
PivotalDisorder

it doesnt matter if a class is here for 10yrs or 10hrs. if their are obvious issues with balance their are obvious issues with balance.
so far Tac mercs seem the pick of the bunch, but ofc merc is the most popular class, and the tactical mercs outnumber the other
2 new classes easily. so at the moment, its easy to condemn them as the most OP class purely based on seeing them a ton more.

they are never gonna have a 100% win rate so every tactical merc can come on the forum, say they lost and that means they arent
OP [if Goldslayers overused argument is anything to go by] but Im not convinced. I will just keep playing my original mage and
assessing all the new classes and ofc the changes in 2v2 battles and see how it goes. Ive already had many ideas for builds that work
alongside/against the new classes. its exciting times even though the initial verdict seems to be that tactical mercs have it the easiest.

mercs in general always have it the easiest purely because they dont have to spend as many stats on defence [dexterity] due to hybrid
and have the least amount of skills requiring a primary. I cant see why tactical mercs need hybrid to be honest. they can be beasts
without it. How many tactical mercs would like to actually give it a try ? how many agree that they could still be fun without hybrid ?

anyways. I hope more people will give the ED Team a chance before just quitting the game, while petulantly complaining every day.
this is day 2 people :) relax

everytime you see a new class/build, why not check them out, watch what they do in combat and how skills work together, the
possibilities have increased massively and I'm confident theirs gonna be some crazy combinations, in 2v2 especially.

Now I know the 2v1 boss battles are a little different build wise. but they can be a useful tool for testing build combos.
you dont have to beat the boss to learn how to combine skills for ownage. they are basically a combat dummy for all the pro players
to experiment on with other pros. and its a chance to educate friends and faction members that are still nubs [affectionately speaking]

PS: I know I'm not a very nice person when I post and sometimes people ingame hear my aggressive complaints but please believe
me, i really am a nice guy. im just from a family of argumentative people with big egos, and our idea of a great night is arguing lol

< Message edited by Jehannum -- 6/30/2011 16:21:28 >
Post #: 189
6/30/2011 16:24:37   
PivotalDisorder

sometimes you can be too nice. and anyone who insists on using the "Op" build the entire time they are playing so they can crush you without
mercy can't really be all that nice can they ? theirs a fine line between being nice and smiling in someones face as you beat them to a pulp.
Post #: 190
6/30/2011 16:33:19   
weihong4694

Do nonvariums support the game and keep it moving? No, they don't... Sure they are just as important human beings but obviously, if you pay you deserve to get better play.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 191
6/30/2011 16:36:04   
Angels Holocaust

The Devs have been screwing over the people since late Beta, they make a class oped for three months and nerf it so people can change. It's the cycle of money.
Post #: 192
6/30/2011 16:36:22   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

I merged a couple topics (I think one that I wasn't supposed to merge in >_<, sorry about that) for discussion of Tac Mercs.

We actually have a list of things to balance the new classes- I agree there's too much synergy between Tactician, Reroute, and Smokescreen on Tac Merc.

We really want everything to be fun for you guys.
Post #: 193
6/30/2011 16:40:21   
AQWPlayer

If it was possible, I would gladly trade BM's overload for smoke screen and deadly aim for reroute.
AQW  Post #: 194
6/30/2011 16:43:05   
Drago9999

You guys should battle tactical mercenaries before calling them overpowered.

< Message edited by Drago9999 -- 6/30/2011 16:48:03 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 195
6/30/2011 16:43:47   
H4ll0w33n

quote:

To everybody replyed this thread:

Woooow ED players realy has super brains , admins worked weeks for balance the classes but you guys find the oped class in less than 1 day , You tried every class and every builds with them and than find the oped class in less than a day.

I think Titan and NW should retire and you guys should be new admins cause you come up with super balance ideas for new classes that admins cant balanced in weeks.

Note :All thing above is all sarcasm if you didnt understand :/

The thing i want to tell is lets give some time the classes released 1 day ago , if after 3-4 weeks no one find a build to beat *OPED* class than admins should do something.

I agree with turkish
Post #: 196
6/30/2011 16:45:32   
PivotalDisorder

and hybrid armour ^^
Post #: 197
6/30/2011 16:51:40   
Shadowlord9k

@Cinderella: I think the thread you didn't mean to merge was the "Who are the NICE people you've met" Thread, or whatever it was called.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 198
6/30/2011 16:52:35   
AQWPlayer

quote:

You guys should battle tactical mercenaries before calling them overpowered.

Simply looking at their skill tree will suffice to know they are overpowered.
AQW  Post #: 199
6/30/2011 16:55:55   
Shadowlord9k

AQWPlayer: No, looking at something doesn't tell you that much about it. I have not even seen a tactical merc. yet so I don't know what they do or how they do it.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Destroying balance!!
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition