Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Founder Evolves With You

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Founder Evolves With You
Page 7 of 10«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/23/2011 2:54:33   
Lord Barrius

quote:

ORIGINAL: One Winged Angel1357

I am sorry LB but i will have to respectful disagree with you on the greed note and here is why, a handful of players paying to always have thier armor be one step ahead of the rest of the community would create a founder varium rift in which the founders are always on top. Said rift is, if i understand what i have read correctly, the devs are trying to prevent. This is why i am pushing my skin idea so we still see the beauty of founder armor, which are all pretty in agreement that founder looks best, and we avoid the rift which in the long run will lose ED and thus AE money. I dont mean any disrespect to you LB i just that the buff solution may not be the best for the future of ED.
That's nice, but you didn't read what I said.

There is absolutely no part of what I'm seeing in this thread which suggests that founders are asking for a "free buff", and there is nothing saying they expect it to be buffed to always be better than every other item, either. In fact, I'm seeing evidence to the contrary in both cases. So what you're doing is essentially arguing a point that the opposition hasn't argued at all.

Keep in mind that I have no horse in this particular race and I'm not looking at whether or not a buff is justified. That's for the ED devs to decide, not for forum staff to decide, so it has no bearing on my moderation of this thread. And what I'm seeing is a lot of inappropriate attacks being thrown back and forth. Throwing out insults against other users is not, and will not, be tolerated as a way to argue for or against a buff. Period. If you absolutely cannot avoid calling founders "greedy" for simply having a different opinion than you, and you cannot simply present your side of the debate in a well-reasoned and polite manner that does not insult those who disagree with you, then perhaps you should keep your thoughts to yourself.

< Message edited by Lord Barrius -- 7/23/2011 2:56:01 >
Post #: 151
7/23/2011 3:31:32   
.PinkMoose.

quote:

Why we want it to be at par with others ? Coz we deserve that for a reason. Coz that is our Pride.
founder armor is what u are in this game for? wow ._. if only my armor made me stay -.-

Epic  Post #: 152
7/23/2011 3:40:49   
LatinLover/Martini

erm... founders got it made. nuf said
AQW Epic  Post #: 153
7/23/2011 5:48:17   
pistol star

I agree and disagree with some parts in this topic
I disagree with-Angels : what would happen if your founder armor evolved with Gamma,Delta armors if they did this the founder armor players would be totally OPED !!
I agree with people saying founder armors should be buffed to +8 resistance/defence mean while they are doing great without it
All of the above is My Opinion(s)

~Pistol~

How Can I Be A Legend,Im Not Dead
AQW  Post #: 154
7/23/2011 7:03:36   
Synbad Syndicated

let's say you bought bunny borg, compare that to founder armor on some builds it surpasses founder and on other's founder allow's you to get +40 or more on 2 stats and 30+ or less on the other stat(s). yet the problem still lies in the fact founders cannot move on from the past.
my suggestion is shut %^%^ up and stop arguing like a bunch of selfish children. also be careful what you ask for, it may never be what you expect.

quote:

Rare Item
This item was introduced during a special in-game event or offer and is no longer available.

For the next 30 days only, players may purchase the Founder Duel Master
Armor. This powerful, rare armor comes with impressive stat boosts and
crucial defenses to give players an edge in battle. With a unique design for
each class and gender and full color customization, players can create a
look that is as eye-catching as it is intimidating.

Level Required:

Varium Required:
Yes

Enhancement Slots:

Equipment Type:
Armor

Element:
Energy

Requirements:
None

Stat Modifiers:
+7 Resistance

+8 Strength

+8 Dexterity

This was obtained by purchasing one of the two
larger Varium packages during the first month of
EpicDuel's merger with Artix Entertainment.

quote:

1 ~ December 09, 2009 ~Varium, Founder, Achievements, and Rewards!

2 ~ January 06, 2010 ~ Founder Armor - Stacking AE Upgrade Cards!

3 ~ January 18, 2010 ~ The Founder upgrade period Finishes

quote:

-Founder status will expire!
-Founder Duel Master Armor will go RARE!
-After the Founder status expires and we can no longer offer the Founder Duel Master Armor, our new promotional items for the Medium and large Varium packages will be new Beta Weapons! Players that have already upgraded to Founder will receive these RARE items for Free on Monday!.

4 ~ February 19, 2010 ~ Elites lose their unlimited varium

quote:

Notice Regarding Elites:

I am sad to announce that due to new game mechanics involving consumable varium items, we can no longer offer unlimited Varium to Elites. This privilege, although generous, prevented us from developing new features that would make Elites infinitely powerful, such as boosters, consumable buffs, Varium to credit conversion, and item enhancements. However, we still want to reward Elites for their crucial early support of the game by granting them 20,000 Varium + they will be the first to receive the Hoverbike in the next update for free. We understand if you feel slighted, this was not a decision we made lightly, but it is in the best interest of the game and a matter of fairness to the community at large to discontinue the unlimited Varium offer. It simply became a nearly impossible design challenge to build every new Varium feature around a few hundred players when there are now 500,000 registered accounts. This may, no doubt, be disappointing to some Elites, but, ultimately, Varium, achievements, or any other baubles we can award you in-game are paultry trinkets when it comes to thanking you for supporting us during those shaky early days of EpicDuel. We are genuinely grateful for your support, and we definitely would not be here today without you. We appreciate your continued loyalty, and hope you continue to duel with us as EpicDuel grows and evolves.

For a recap, here is a list of all that Elites have received/will receive:
Elite Achievement
Founder Achievement
Founder Armor
Beta Weapons
Three months of unlimited Varium
Color-Customizable Hoverbike

5 ~ June 25, 2010 ~ Gamma first gets announced

6 ~ July 9th, 2010 ~ The first Gamma DN is posted.

7 ~ July 30, 2010 ~ Another Gamma Preview

quote:

Plus, everyone has something else to look forward to in this release:
Elites and Founders > Achievement ratings will improve by 500 points each
Beta Participants > Beta Weapons will improve dramatically (watch the videos for more details)
Free Players > New Armor sets, plus the existing Assault Bot will be added as a rare prize in Valestras arcade.

8 ~ November 24, 2010 ~ Armour enhancements introduced

quote:

Finally bring back those dusty old armors from storage and give them a much-needed boost with armor enhancements! Founders will be rewarded by receiving 10 enhancement slots for their legendary armor. More than any in the game!

quote:

New Features!

* Frostbane returns! Free with purchase of the 10k varium package or from Titan and Nightwraith in Central Station.
* Increased enhancement slots on Frostbane!
* Armor enhancements! Add stat points to your armor! Founder armor receives 10 slots!
* All primary weapons receive an additional 2 available enhancement slots!
* New Daily War Kill leaderboard tracks emplacement kills for each player!
* New Warlord achievement for winners of the Daily War Kills leaderboard!

quote:

So founders have the best looking armor in the game, best stat placement, most stats, an achievment which has already been buffed. Their armor got buffed (given 10 slots). The armor has been at the top ever since it was released and its only level 25... Now they're getting 1k varium for free. The only thing founders were promised were an achievment and armor for those who purchased the larger varium packages yet the devs have given them more than promised. They still keep on complaining and they won't stop because they don't know what it feels like to be weak. As for elites, you want them to have unlimited varium just so the game's development can cease to progress? Founders also got the beta weps for free whereas elites got all the perks of a founder and in addition an extra achievment, unlimited varium, 20k varium ( that's 100 USD) when unlimited varium was taken away.

EDIT: As a non founder I've had to use the +6 armors, +8 armors such as cadens cuirass and the oh so ugly uni-gender armors such as space warrior. And I'll tell you what. Here's the difference between you and me. I'm happy for founder duel master armor to be buffed as long as non founders get an armor just as good as founder armor ( even if it is level 33).

quote:

Ok heres the deal. We got founders armor because we supported ED in the first months so we deserve it. You guys who are non varium what did you do to deserve something.

Non-Variums probably make up over 50% of the player base. (Therefore supporting the game by us having a much larger player base.)

quote:

We got founders armor because we supported ED in the first months so we deserve it.

Founder amor obviously wasn't promised to be the best in the game forever. AND now it most certainly isn't. You can't argue with me on that point because as of the latest update my NON Founder alt is far better in Bunny armor than my Founder mage.

ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

Founders NEVER promised to be around forever either. Founders should be GONE from this game FOREVER right?

ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

Founders have NEVER spent enough money on this game right? http://www.epicduel.com/charpage.asp?id=Shadronica http://www.epicduel.com/charpage.asp?id=shadist

ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

Yep lets just forget that there was ANY players here before you came to this game right? I mean how dare Founders want to wear an armor that you didn't get because as far as your concerned the game started when you did right?

ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

Non varium players are still getting beaten pretty badly by non founders right? OH MY! Shock horror!

ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

No ... founders were not promised that we would have the best armor in the game forever but what part of "WE DON'T EXPECT IT TO BE THE BEST ARMOR IN THE GAME FOREVER WE WOULD BE HAPPY FOR MINOR ADJUSTMENTS TO BE MADE OCCASIONALLY TO BE ABLE TO USE IT" did you not understand?

Now run along like good little children and learn to play nice because I at least feel HAPPIER for getting this off my chest. ;)

You actually supported in the first month with Artix Entertainment. Elites supported in the first months.

What makes you different to the rest of us who have bought varium? You just bought at a different time.
I personally got the Beta weapons, But began playing during the Founder promo (December 2009)

Don't reply if you haven't read all i posted and yes i do expect you to read it all. little ingrates. i could post more so don't test me.
not to mention founder is the only armor i know of that can get 10 on all 3 stats giving 40+ or more and still have some left over stats. i swear if i managed to take a pick of that player this discussion would be over.

< Message edited by phrax -- 7/23/2011 7:05:25 >
Post #: 155
7/23/2011 9:11:18   
One Winged Angel1357

Lord i would respond to you but something stupid happens every time im about to finish my post so im not risking it anymore

@HiddenBlade i have a quote saying the opposite do you want to see that
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 156
7/23/2011 9:37:15   
LambO

Pharx all that crap proved what?
Pharx, really you non-founders are arguing like selfish children, not us. We want to pay for a buff you dope, really...
OH yeah, we're really ingrates for wanting to pay to buff our amours. How is that ungrateful?

Anyway, this isn't between you non-founders, it's between Founders & the Dev's.
If they say yes or no to a buff (They should say yes) it's there decision & to work out a far price for the buff also.

Also, you got Tested. You're post just proved nothing, just that Founders was in the past.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 157
7/23/2011 9:42:40   
Dendavex

Founders Founders Founders
Ok I think founders should not get a buff but should get any promo for free its the fairest idea I could think of :/
Epic  Post #: 158
7/23/2011 10:04:29   
Synbad Syndicated

exactly my point. it was all in the past get over it. as for ingrates, i'm assuming that a few of the founders are just following this trail of complaints in hopes that eventually the devs crack under pressure or a few of them could be in their teens still going through the phases of life. the way i see it you guys are like my niece. when something of hers gets old, she wants something new. if we don't do what she says she cries until we find a way to shut her up.

Edit: not to mention the fact founders go a few bonus along their way. may i remind you about last year how founders felt they needed something. so the devs went along and gave them 1k free varium,which just adds more to a few of the free incentives they got. but they just found something new to complain about. just a few not most.

i'm just adding to this argument. so how 'bout i add my own suggestion for the founder armor buff. seeing how you guys have received a fair amount of rewards for supporting the game during the first month.

tech mage/blood mage
10 slots
+7 res
+2 str
+10dex
+4 tech
+8 supp
or
10 slots
+7 res
+7 def
+2str
+4dex
+4tech
+8supp
**being generous to the mages seeing how they are the weakest class in game**

merc/tlm
10 slots
+7 def
+10str
+2dex
+4tech
+4sup

bh/ch
10 slots
+7 def
+10str
+2dex
+4tech
+4supp

the buff has the power of a level 40 armor or whatever the maximum cap will be. all this including an entire new look to the armor. not being sarcastic.

< Message edited by phrax -- 7/23/2011 10:37:35 >
Post #: 159
7/23/2011 10:11:58   
LambO

You're character was made in the past, make a new one.

All you do is assume things. Assume that people are teens & are ungrateful & so forth.
So what, my neices cry when they want new stuff, there babies & what?

I work for a living, I'm old enough to do what the hell I want. Wanting to keep my Founder Amour by paying for it to be buffed makes me childish, selfish, ungrateful etc.. Then middle finger, lol?

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 160
7/23/2011 10:25:54   
One Winged Angel1357

ok guys let me say something here

Founder want a buff to be on Par not above or below(which in all logic FDMA is about 5% below Par which is 100% usable) if we give you a buff for 1K varium which is a fair price what happens when FDMA is subpar in the future do we give you another Buff and another until every founder has quit. Like i said in my post before LB came here you have the Buff option which has short term rewards but it less likely to happen after each subsequent buff(in simple terms as time goes you may stop getting your buff) or you have the skin idea which will take some time to create but is a more perminant solution becuase Founders will always be able to use FDMA as a skin over whatever armor they chosse to have so they still get there pride and joy armor to show off while the Devs can keep making better and stronger armors without having to worry about if its to strong for the 10% which will ask for a buff
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 161
7/23/2011 12:17:14   
Laces

Look guys, the Founder Armor is a Founder's Pride and shows their Status, The Beta Weapons are a Beta Tester's Pride and shows their Status, etc. We don't want that "Pride" to fade away and no one no longer recognizes a Founder, because honestly, who looks at a persons badges/achievements nowadays in battles? I'm sure that if you had something very special, you wouldn't want it to just fade away into history and have it be forgotten. You would do anything to keep it special. Thats simply what us Founders are doing. The Founder Armor is our source of pride and status in this game, and that is something we can't afford to lose. Now, we'll pay for it gladly if it can stay on Par or even a little weaker then new armors.

We could have skins, but I believe that is too much coding and trouble for NW and Titan, taking more time from releasing content for the entire community. Just because you don't have it, you don't want it to be buffed. This is proven from a thread (that as of today is seen on the first page of ED GD). The Beta Testers want a gift and people who are complaining and calling us greedy like One Winged Angel (Sorry OWA, your a person who is posting both threads, didn't mean to single you out), support that beta testers should get a gift because she is a Beta Tester. You don't have it, you complain and call us greedy. Not saying that everyone who is against us here wants a free gifts. Their are people who don't support either topics and stick true to their opinion. Regardless, we'll pay and if we're paying its not called greed as we are not asking for it to be free. Did we ask for the 1k varium? No. We had no idea until the release. So please stop with the greed thing, we're not being greedy, we just want to keep the Founder Armor par or even weaker then new armors as long as it can compete as it is our source of Pride.

< Message edited by Laces -- 7/23/2011 12:23:56 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 162
7/23/2011 12:20:50   
Lenofor

^ If done like that supported
DF Epic  Post #: 163
7/23/2011 12:41:00   
Bunshichi

It's the same come backs at every point in this -.-

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 164
7/23/2011 12:43:19   
One Winged Angel1357

You got a point there i support the 10K for betas becuase i know afew F2P's from beta who are down on there luck and i thought it would be nice to see something that might help them out.

Also i dont beleive i ever said Founders were greedy if i did i was posting at midnight so i was half asleep at the time and Founders are not greedy for wanting to keep their pride, pride main reason i have kept my gear and faction so long becuase im proud of my guys and im proud of BigTuna. Now i want to keep my pride so i dont disban my faction no problem there but as my armor out dates im going to have to wait to see if BigTuna comes back for an armor becuase mine will evently be outdated and i will have to move on. As for skins i here DF had problems with it but keep in mind DF and ED are not the same coding language so something that is childs play in one can be like getting to the moon in the other.

Now i have nothing against Buffing founder if Skins is not possible becuase yes Foudners should keep their pride but i would hold off on the Buff until we know what tesla have instore for us if Tesla is just changed stats of bunny i dont feel the buff is needed yet now if Tesla out does bunny i can back +8 res on founder instead of +7
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 165
7/23/2011 13:09:57   
TurkishIncubus

Founder Armor and Bunny Zookas still best items for me , i wish i would have them.I dont see any reason to buff founder armor , having focused stats (ex:+8str , +8 dex) is better than having +4 on each , just because you cant use the founder armor well doesnt mean its uped or need buff. If i had it you would see me everytime with founder armor , too bad that armor is in hands of ppl that doesnt know its real value.

Epic  Post #: 166
7/23/2011 14:17:52   
ajs777

I really dont like the skin idea, sounds like more lags and more complicated then necessary

< Message edited by ajs777 -- 7/23/2011 14:18:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 167
7/23/2011 14:18:51   
BurningFlames

I like the idea :)

AQW Epic  Post #: 168
7/23/2011 14:22:29   
ajs777

so instead of there being actual armors, and just armor upgrades and then skins to cover your base armor? sounds like a way for ED to make more money -_- and then this will turn into a fashion game eventually like AQW did
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 169
7/23/2011 14:54:39   
One Winged Angel1357

Actully ED would make as much money either if it does or does not do the Skin idea becuase without Skins you sell your old armor with Skins you keep it so you can switch up your looks but not your build, also Skins makes it so we dont all look like abominations(which has a set armor and helm so males females and all classes look EXACTLY the same)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 170
7/23/2011 15:18:01   
Laces

@Turkish, Please stop insulting founders. Thats rude and don't act smart. If you have even read my post, the Founder Armor is our sense of pride and we don't want to lose that pride. Don't act like you know the true value of the Founder Armor. If you can't use the Founder Armor, then its useless because you can't use it to compete in battles. Please Re-Read my post.
AQW Epic  Post #: 171
7/23/2011 15:51:06   
ajs777

quote:

Actully ED would make as much money either if it does or does not do the Skin idea becuase without Skins you sell your old armor with Skins you keep it so you can switch up your looks but not your build, also Skins makes it so we dont all look like abominations(which has a set armor and helm so males females and all classes look EXACTLY the same)

the male and female armors is the devs fault for making unisex armors, and what you just said there sounds like what started to turn AQW into what it is now
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 172
7/23/2011 15:52:48   
TurkishIncubus

@Laces

First of all there is nothing insulting in my post.

i didnt read your post(man its 7 pages i cant read all posts) , also read my post on " Beta Testers need a GIFT(Varium & Non-Varium) " thread , i didnt say those because i dont have founder , i say it because i still think founder is best armor.(and i give my reasons in my previous post)

Also Founder is just 1 armor , you cant use it for every build.Founder armor is best(oped) for str builds so you should use it like that.I also think Beta Bazooka is stronger than Eggzooka in some case
Let me give an example from my build.I use a str TLM build that depends on 2 stats str and dex.Im using Beta Bazooka but if i change it to Eggzooka(33 lvl wep with high mods) i should give 10 tech more to met requirements which means 10 stat loss for me :/.Same thing is valid for Founders , im using BunnyBorg but if i had founder than i would get +4 more dex and str which will make my build more good.

Just the item's stat modifiers or res/def seem bad doesnt mean that item is a loss , before eggzooka released i know some full variums used Yuletide Terror (a non varium aux) because it dont have tech and supp req and give most stats in str and dex.

Epic  Post #: 173
7/23/2011 16:06:32   
Clutch

quote:

There is absolutely no part of what I'm seeing in this thread which suggests that founders are asking for a "free buff", and there is nothing saying they expect it to be buffed to always be better than every other item, either. In fact, I'm seeing evidence to the contrary in both cases. So what you're doing is essentially arguing a point that the opposition hasn't argued at all.

Wow Lord Barrius, thank you. Could not have said it any better myself.
AQ Epic  Post #: 174
7/23/2011 16:30:17   
ajs777

^yea after that its been pretty quiet hasnt it?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Founder Evolves With You
Page 7 of 10«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition