Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Gap

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The Gap
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/7/2011 2:07:57   
goldslayer1

@nico
well ur one example of what omega mentioned about variums not accepting that the GAP isn't fine.
the GAP is not fine.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 8/7/2011 2:08:45 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
8/7/2011 2:16:03   
DeathSpawn
Banned

No way jose! 20 stats?

As ED continues its path of 6-8 stat points for 1 damage in an area or def that makes spending money pointless.

Non-Variums can certainly compete but as you all have stated it takes time. For a difference that low they would not only be competing but destroying varium kids who can barely stand their own as it is now and those players would never spend a dime meaning less money for Artix's massage parlors which isn't going to happen.

There's always gonna be extremes to every side but if you don't put in the time to be good then you don't deserve anything to begin with. Also the game needs money to survive as that's what makes the world go round. Varium is just that little edge to give to the kids so they can win some matches and stay hooked. Only problem you guys see is when a really good player gets that edge as well then stomps all over peeps.

I think players should start out with more credits and a better armory possibly. A new player wants to spend creds for research and experimentation and they will be wasted in the process making it nearly impossible to obtain the better non v weps out there later. Maybe even a credit boost once they obtain level 30???

< Message edited by DeathSpawn -- 8/7/2011 2:23:09 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 52
8/7/2011 2:18:57   
Midnightsoul

u know one guy that is a really good non var? woochi. until he bought it hairstyles...
anyways, what if ur between var and non var? half my weps are var and half are not. O_o
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 53
8/7/2011 2:22:47   
goldslayer1

@death
20 stat difference assuming we both are fully enhanced.
it still cost them 50k credits to enhance theirs for each wep they have.

and let me tell u, if non vars become less seen in ED. variums will be getting mad because the true boost that variums actually get is from beating free to plays. if free to plays are gone then variums would be equal to to everyone else and would have no boost.

that was the sole purpose of varium in the first place.
to have a boost, but over non vars. however ED took it too far with this gap to the point where there aren't many non vars left and now we're mostly fighting variums, so thats less people we have advantage over.
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
8/7/2011 4:42:21   
xxomegafaustxx

@goldslayer1

A rational varium user would see such a GAP to be impeding to ED's future development as a game. Continuing to embrace irradical views will only serve to falsify our perceptions to cling onto a hopeless endeavor of dueling which separates both nonvrarium and varium users. But reaching rationality will be hard because it takes a certain amount of individuals to hit rockbottom. Nonvariums hit it first whilst the upper tier varium players are floating above the surface. Eventually, like the bird and worm analogy, the condition of the ecology for competition would gradually deteriorate over time. Challenged by such circumstances, the fate of ED indefinitely remains in the decision of varium users who have the choice to faithfully cling onto or lessen the GAP.

The real question as you adverted to is whether the developers of the game will respond to this crisis. As a player of ED, I would say the chances are minuscule. This is because I would feel the developers would try not to have no bias or make it apparent onward in the game. The only bias I would believe developers would have are the fancy offers and promos and such that they rain on varium users. And this is only because they want to make profit proportional to their interest to earn capital which in my mind is normal and totally acceptable for a game enterprise such as this. Even if the developers do consider this post thoughtfully, they in their powers as developers can't do anything.

Why? Because the only way such an issue can be resolved is if varium users are enlightened by such a perspective and enact proper initiation to include the nonvarium as an ecological competitor and take steps to further rectify the obtuse hole of imbalance created by the GAP. The change is not in the developers or game infrastructure, or in the ecology but rather, it involves the change starting with the ecological abuser who has created the GAP-varium users who still rigidly believe that the GAP is perfect and maintain that it will continue to sustain itself. However, if varium users move away from such views and adopt a stance of enlightenment, only then would ED surface from this purgatory.

Having already exasperated my knowledge and perspective to it's fullest extent in my previous posts, I will not feel the need to regurgitate it once more. I'm glad such an enlightened individual as yourself shares similar views.

@nico0las

Thank you for reading my lengthy posts. It is glad to see that some one has the time to reflect and think about it. Though the last comment you made concerning the GAP deflected the value of my posts entirely. I don't expect you to be changed by what I said or want to force what I preached to you in this forum but consider this line of thinking:

Of course, as a varium user yourself, you feel enchanted by the idea that it has granted you a far greater advantage over the players you have encountered abroad in your battles over the lifespan of your character. And of course, not all your battles were easily won, some were difficult and some were close to being very easy. But throughout your battle career, have you noticed the shortage of nonvarium users out in the bleak lvl 30-33 frontier? How many are nonvarium warlords and commanders? How many of these warlords and commanders varium users?

This is evidence that nonvariums are slowly being withdrawn from the ecology of competition. And why is this important? As I already addressed and stated several times in my posts, nonvariums provide an ecology for competition-like the bird and worm, they are mutually contracted to fulfill their biological potential within the community. Remove the worm and you also deprive the bird's ability to maximize it's potential in the community. Saying that the GAP is perfect is far from being remotely aware of the situation at hand. And why is this? For varium users, the gap has enlarged so greatly that now varium users battle against varium users as correlated because of a decline of nonvarium users within the game. The GAP has essentially starved nonvarium users and have discouraged them to play the game on an enjoyable level whilst varium users are battling it out on eachother. Naturally, ecology of competition shouldn't be absurd of having birds eating birds, rather birds eating worms. The nonvarium class is for the same and very purpose in Alpha, suppose to enrich the varium community by providing competition. The average nonvarium user should pose at least SOME challenge to a varium user. And it shouldn't just be winning them all the ten times. It should be roughly 3 or 4 out of the ten times and maybe 5-6 times if you're a nonvarium fully enhanced.

So, if you do believe the GAP I suggest you take my advice. The value of varium will only in due time increase; you'll be constantly spending varium to compete with varium players and soon, you'll lose interest in the game as nonvarium players would be forced to become varium as yourself or quit the game altogether. The GAP has been tightening and squeezing the living life out of nonvarium players that it seems almost impossible to compete whilst varium users are facing the same struggle. Because they are more varium users, more varium must be extradited to obtain upper-edge. If you still believe the GAP is just fine, I challenge you to play as a lvl 33 nonvarium. Hopefully, then, it will shed some light.

And yes, there are many great nonvarium players who continue to aspire and pose as challenges against varium users as yourself but let me riddle you with this notion: How many nonvarium commanders have you fought with today or even seen openly 1v1ing or 2v2ing? I would imagine like myself, that the majority of us "great" nonvarium players are in the shadows NPCing most of the time. And when we do come out, we are horrified by gaping unfairness in terms of stats that varium users have.

As famously said "You can only compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges". And why may this be the case? Because a small percentage of "great nonvarium players" don't necessarily categorize the large overwelming populace of the nonvarium race. Such a conjecture is a glaring fallacy~most nonvarium players are not as competitive in scale in comparison to the evolved nonvarium user. Accomplishing a feat like that would take many months of farming and NPCing, painstakingly modifying costly builds all the time. (And in honesty, yes, I have experience this before and continue to experience it). Such a feat is only percentage of those willing to commit.

I hope you see through my speculation as well as your's upon the gravity and enormity that the GAP has created.

@DeathSpawn

20 stats seem to be a large stat marginalization difference in my perspective and I'm sure it holds entirely true to yours. Simply see this on a smaller scale. Two nonvarium players (one is at lvl one and the other lvl 5 no enhancments) go face to face with each other. Obviously, the lvl 5 nonvarium would win most of the occasions. Also consider that the stat marginalization given this scenario is less than 20 (16) and we haven't factored in whether or not, the users in this context have enhanced their weaponry or not. Varium users would be ideally 4 levels or 5 greater than the fully enhanced nonvarium player which I think is way more balanced.

Yes, Nonvariums can compete but only a certain, qualified range or them do. Consider what Ashari voiced in her response:

quote:

The first problem is the difficulty in getting to that veteran non-Varium level. New players rarely manage their credits wisely and by the time they reach the 30s, they are usually very broke. Fully equipping a non-Varium character with the best equipment and buying max credit Enhancements takes a very long time. This uphill climb is only made longer by the losses they face against Varium players who can immediately get the best equipment. This just leads to many players getting frustrated and quitting before they can gear up to become competitive.

Of course, every player has the capacity and capable to certainly engineer this feat but a few do. And if you suggest that it would "crush" varium players, I ask you to also reconsider the stages during early alpha and beta. The stat marginalization was on par roughly 20 or even less. During the phases, there evolved creative new builds and diverse platforms of strategy that are not seen in Delta or in Gamma. This is because the smaller GAP provided simple builds to develop, limited O'PED builds, and encouraged newcomers to try the game. As a player of beta, I don't remember Varium users at the time that were being "crushed". Varium users were in a a period of golden success as well as the nonvarium populace that didn't suffere drastically to them. Though at the time, I was still being crushed as a lvl 30 nonvarium mage. Fast-forward to the present: the GAP has enlarged up to 40-50 stats and Varium users are crushing not only other less deprived varium users, but in generally, the whole nonvarium community! And because there're more stats, it actually compromises creative and unique builds as player must resort to standard O'PED or focus builds to win. Was this the ever case in the early Alpha and Beta? I think not. Does it hurt to tone down the GAP? As I see it right now, both sides are suffering: no more creative builds, less nonvarium players, harder competition for varium users, etc. What then, do I ask, could negatively resolve from closing the GAP other than varium users to falter? We must not be conscientious of one single party but the multiple parties involved. No one has really pitied the nonvarium race and truly were empathetic to their suffering. We should be looking out for both varium and nonvarium users, not just varium.

And is it wrong to mirror the success that was experienced in the early Alpha and Beta stage in terms of stat marginalization?

All I'm saying is that varium users still would obtain an advantage but not a too great one.

As you quoted in your post "The game needs money to survive". But I would have to disagree; I believe the game needs far more than that. The game, as I firmly stand upon, needs much more players that channel interest, energy and livelyhood within the PvP atmosphere. What good is money in the game if there are few and close to no players playing it? And you may argue that of course, there are about 800ish players that play this game daily but how many play this game because they like to PvP? How many people play because they enjoy the experience? To be honest, even as a nonvarium user, I constantly feel pressured to purchase varium every time I lose to varium users. But this should never be the case! Varium should be a voluntary purchase not a forced one! The ecology among both groups should have a choice to follow such paths.

And yes, there are going to be extremes but such extremes should not be embedded within the ecology or competition. Such extremes should not be seen in the advancement of only one extreme side of the ED spectrum (varium users), and not the other. The extremes should not breed into the further separation or divide of the two ecological competitors but rather reinforce and support an ecological fair relationship so that both may exercise their potential.

I like the remarks you made in your posts (Credit advancements and providing better weaponry to players to employ incentive for players of the game), however I don't think they will help bring closure to the GAP. We need to assess and evaluate ED's current condition and close the GAP by creating a small gap in stats between varium and nonvarium users. And that's just only one step to remedy this problem; we as a community need to take multiple steps to ensure fairness and equality.

I favour rationale and reasoning~
"Unknown" lvl 33 nonvarium Mage

For those who haven't read my posts, please read them and RECONSIDER. The future of ED is one post away.

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 8/7/2011 5:25:19 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
8/7/2011 7:51:14   
MrBones

^This is a bit over the top for me..

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 56
8/7/2011 10:32:35   
zion

Faust-
I don't even know where to begin....
First, I totally agree.
I turned down the founder offer because the game was so bare bones in early beta, it hardly seemed worth it.
And to imagine, it was the last offer (the other being elite) that carried any sort of comparable value vis-a-vis AE games.

We are talking about a buggy laggy 2D flash game - that people are spending HUNDREDS of dollars on to stay competitive.

The world economy (and the US in particular) is in serious trouble right now - who can afford this UBERINFLATED varium? - the path this game is on will only lead to a flameout - Like you said the ecosystem has been obliterated over the last year and a half.

Let me summarize the longer posts in a simple logic flow: Huge GAP -> f2ps can't compete -> f2ps quit or don't play PVP -> Varium users are competing against other varium users in PVP -> varium has deflated value.

This is an issue for AE to respond to: In all other AE games, us commander f2ps would be towards the top of the ecosystem - not on the second to lowest level. (Can we (1.5 years dedication) really compete with a lvl 28 full varium enhanced TCM (3 weeks plus 100 bucks) ? NO we can't)

I just earned 4000 Artix points (I figured - let me do a few offers while doing other stuff - and it didn't take too long). This gives you a fully upgraded account in other AE games. Even though I was only playing a little ED over the last 1.5 years, I didn't consider spending it on varium because of how little I would get in terms of real value. I upgraded my highest AQ account to guardian (which I will play a bit more now) and you get special offers in just about every AE game (besides ED of course!)

Let me summarize the last point: 4000 points ($20) gets you almost nothing in ED whereas it gives you fully upgraded status on other AE games which are more developed, less buggy, etc.

This game really needs to tone down the GAP before the game becomes clearly unprofitable = canceled. You know what happens to TV shows that lose ratings? The show is canceled. You know what happens to games that will end up generating 100 $50 packages each month? Canceled. AQ worlds has tens of thousands of players online all the time - because you can play the game in a normal way without paying over-the-top prices. (BTW I am really enjoying Guardian class) There are hundreds of low leveled ED players online at a time who pay nothing and will quit once they realize the daunting task of leveling up without paying for varium. There are only dozens of lvl 33s on at any given time. They only release a few hundred LQS items because there aren't so many buyers (and its even less than that - see the "stocking up" that goes on with our beloved neurotic players).... rambling done.
This game has a lot of potential, hopefully it wont be wasted.

Peace.
--Noiz
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
8/7/2011 13:33:26   
One Winged Angel1357

@mega most likely Variums have spent more in Gamma and delta then Beta becuase Gamma rares outdue each other every time and new varium gear was always better then old so those who did not think it tho would spend 1K varium for one ore stat modifer and most variums are guilty of this.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
8/7/2011 13:39:03   
xxomegafaustxx

@Mr.Bones

Of course it is over the top. Problems like these that are highly magnified can only brew chaos and destruction to the ecological balance that is of the nonvarium and varium tier of players that must essentially, evolve and grow together as a community. Since such an equilibrium is disturbed, the platform for the game's competition has been heightened requiring varium users to enter varium purgatory and the nonvarium tier to be completed revoked their opportunity to naturally compete in the PvP atmosphere. And I'm gonna say this over and over and over again. Why has the value of varium been increasing in terms of one maintaining a competitive edge in the game?

Consider point that IsiahtheMage voiced in their post

quote:

The Non-Varuims that become Varuims will then see that they are all on the same playing field. So they will start all buying tons of Varuim so they can get the edge on each other and once they relize this failing partern they will quit to relize they have been wasteing thier money as seeing their is no adv over the other player making no one buy Varuim anymore meaning ED would die

Inductively, the same applies for the varium user who will realize also that the "playing field" has magnified and has grown much larger for them. With a depletion of nonvarium players to play the game, an over-abundance of varium users in ED would find lesser and lesser satisfaction competing with the same, equally empowered varium crowd. Yes, birds can live among birds but they must also live among worms too. Not many people realize is that the nonvarium race is a valued commodity to the ED community and not just the varium players. The nonvarium crowd provides an intermediary incentive to pay for varium.

@gk355~Noiz

I completely go for you. I too turned down the founder offer because the game after that point was so lacking in substance~too many armours, varium weaponry and so forth and not many modes that delved into the authentic PvP experience. Now for the time being, I play just to socialize and help give advice to nonvarium mages that wish to improve their builds. Other than that, the PvP experience has became less and less interesting and interactive: 1v1ing and 2v2ing the whole day through which becomes a redundant and moreso repetitive. And to topple that, most nonvarium users have resorted to NPCing which in my eyes is the lowest form of entertainment. I mean playing a computer instead of a real person totally detracts from the PvP experience. It'll be hard to lessen the gap if the same unrelenting varium folk who do not see this as "gaping" problem don't feel it's their responsibility also to fix the problem! Of course, they won't realize this problem and will only after realize this when the PvP platform is varium exclusive. There will be player varium folk all day with not even the slightest chance of certainty that they will win. And if this does happen (which I foresee will happen), varium users would feel exactly the same as nonvarium users who feel that

I also concur with your argument on every single angle. The ecological purpose for both competitors should be so seen as fair competition. Revoke the chance and potential or the worm and you also revoke the chance and potential of the bird. And of course, no one should pay more than $100.00 just to be competitive in this PvP atmosphere! Why has no one been complaining about the price of a mere flash game! I could by a new computer with $200.00! To varium users, please be sure to get your ""Reality "Chequed"'.

You've have totally hit the nail on the coffin on this one.

quote:

Huge GAP -> f2ps can't compete -> f2ps quit or don't play PVP -> Varium users are competing against other varium users in PVP -> varium has deflated value.

4000 points ($20) gets you almost nothing in ED whereas it gives you fully upgraded status on other AE games which are more developed, less buggy, etc.

Has anyone seen this or even commented on this trend?! If we don't do nothing about it, the GAP will be larger and larger and less players will play which ultimately means doom to the ED community.

Even in AQ and AQworlds as you stated, the purchased currency can sustain itself for many months and years providing incentive and enjoyment for players to continue playing. But in ED, the opposite has occured. What we're seeing now are varium users constantly spending incredulous amounts of cash just to sustain the very personal incentive and enjoyment also seen in AQ and AQworlds. I repeat, no one should spend $100.00 on a mere flash game like this! And if you disagree with me, be prepared to hand in your savings and salaries to ED.

It is glad that some here have opened to enlightenment. It takes many feverish attempts by a person for one to realize how grave the situation is.

"It takes many to fasten a lightbulb, but one enlightened individual to fasten it"

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 8/7/2011 14:16:26 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
8/7/2011 13:45:56   
Fatal Impact

^ Calm Down Dude
Epic  Post #: 60
8/7/2011 13:46:44   
xxomegafaustxx

@One Winged Angel1357

Exactly! This isn't rocket science, you don't have to have a bachelors in economy and you don't have to be a varium user to know or even comment on this trend. Why has weponry been more and more extensively overdue? It is because (and I'll say this again and again), the ecological competition and natural selection for both nonvarium and varium players has been so enlarged! To enjoy the game, you need to spend alot of cash just to stay top notch. And I'm not saying you can't enjoy the game if you're not top notch. You can enjoy it up until the point where, as a nonvarium player myself, you get crushed every single time by varium users. And the amount of varium users has been growing up whilst the nonvarium users have shifted down.

And I'll be happy to quote this again posted by Noiz:

quote:

Huge GAP -> f2ps can't compete -> f2ps quit or don't play PVP -> Varium users are competing against other varium users in PVP -> varium has deflated value.

So this isn't crazy calculus. The problem simply the GAP intself!

@Fatal Impact

It's hard to calm down in a situation like this. Seeing that you're a varium user, I would be moreso worried about the value varium in the near future. Varium that will ultimately lead one to constantly renew and renew overdue weaponry which could only mean more cash on this frivolous flash game. I would be worried because not only does it affect the nonvarium, but also varium community.

Many of my posts are directed to varium users because it is IMPORTANT! It's funny how one can calm down amid this brewing chaos! It is also directed to varium users because I feel that no one should pay $100.00 on this game just to enjoy it. It should be a voluntary decision to compete and not a forced one. For also the sake of the nonvarium community, lessening the GAP will help varium users who are literally chocked from spending and also ED as a game.

Merged double posts. Please use the edit button if you need to add more to your post or wait until someone else has replied before posting again. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 8/7/2011 14:13:32 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
8/7/2011 14:12:05   
Fatal Impact

quote:

brewing chaos

Its just a game, dont get so worked up.

Go write a book.
Epic  Post #: 62
8/7/2011 14:16:08   
ur going to fail

you guys bring up very good points, but i'm trying to say is that a non var with at least 15 enhancements and assault bot doesn't have a 0% chance of winning against a highly skilled varium player like you all are saying; i would say that it is around 35-50% (builds, weapons, etc. all matter here and a high skilled varium player doesn't HAVE TO have all of the most updated varium gear; sometimes they even have non var weapons).

omega fuast... you clearly care a lot about this subject (you wrote about like 5 pages of stuff) i seriously think your better off PMing some mods instead of supporting these kinds of threads..

< Message edited by ur going to fail -- 8/7/2011 14:19:03 >
Epic  Post #: 63
8/7/2011 14:27:00   
xxomegafaustxx

@Fatal Impact

If you don't give any regard to the future of ED, continue your attitude. I'm worked up because I as a nonvarium player have became a victim of this. Same may go to you, when you spend a fortune on this pity flash game. You're a victim of varium and over-compulsive spending (Not saying you are, but from what I heard the majority of varium players have spent a large worth of money on this game). And like you said, it's just a mere-2D flash game. Why would anyone in their right mind spend more than $100.00 on it? So, I'll write a book; funny thing is, you're gonna read it eventually.

@ur going to fail

Of course, the nonvarium who has enhancements doesn't have a 0% chance but let me tell you this. I have currently 66 stat points invested. And let me tell you, I have reached the rank of commander and my ratio is in comparison, close to that of a varium player. It has been a hard struggle and it's very hard to win or even compete against the varium crowd. But please read the posts I have posted earlier. We're not talking about player potential, we're are talking about the community's potential to include both varium and nonvarium tiers.

And even if the high skilled varium player who doesn't HAVE TO have all the most updated varium and gear, and may have nonvarium weaponry also, they will find that it will no longer sustain itself. How many players still have the founder's armour and are using it effectively in battle? How many felt the need to get the Tesla armour just because? Like the nonvarium player, they to must be forced to purchase more and more varium. As a stated numerous times, varium should be a voluntary and not forced decision to compete. In AQworlds to compete, does one need to purchase Artix Points? I think not.

Furthermore, thank you for viewing my posts. I put a lot of effort in trying to convey this message. But as a stated earlier, it is not within the dev's powers to change this situation, it is the community. We need to feel the need and urge to close the gap.

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 8/7/2011 18:43:14 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
8/7/2011 15:01:01   
edwardvulture

@faust, not close the gap, lessen it. Without profit, there would be no game. 100+stats was overbaord but they should have at least 85-95. And the most enhancements should add is 8 more than an unenhanced person.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 65
8/7/2011 15:10:36   
Shocka

Gap is humongous. Non variums should only have a few stat points and damage points off, but as of now, they lack about 30-50 stat points compared to a fully suited varium which is stupid.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
8/7/2011 15:19:22   
One Winged Angel1357

F2P's can beat Variums for the most part when they scwer up epicly or have a fail build
I can this becuase i did a bunch of fights and lost pretty much everyone of them 50% i will give to RNG hate becuase i got deflected like it was my job the rest where against Variums that got it they used there gear and they mopped the floor with my face
the ones i won were against Low levels and two Variums who either messed up and i know they messed up becuase they said something as they were attacking along the lines of crap and the other one was lacking res so i just mowed him down and carried on my merry way
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 67
8/7/2011 15:20:31   
xxomegafaustxx

@edwardvulture

Yes, not close the gap. But the situation has become so drastic that closure must be enacted! And I'm not saying closing it "fully", or course and ideally, lessening the GAP would beneficial for the interests of both varium and nonvarium players. Of course, without profit, there would be no game but riddle me with this: with less and less players playing ED, would they still be a game? And why hasn't, after Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta there was no increase in the amount of players playing? And even if it was from 600 to 800, we're talking the period of one year! Why hasn't there been more players coming to ED?

Here's a line of thinking you should consider:

THE GAP Larger

1. Newcomer comes into ED
2. Plays till lvl 25. Everything is going smoothly and remains a nonvarium
3. Enters lvl 26-30, more varium players, and constantly loses
4. Has the choice to become a varium or get crushed
5. Becomes a varium and the competition remains the same because he/she plays more varium users than nonvarium
6. Nonvariums gradually and slowly become inactive or quit the game.

So as you can see, if I was a newcomer, I may or may not continue the game. With less and less players playing, the incentive to continue on becomes almost obsolete. People have to pay varium which follows a string of more paying because they themselves must remain top notch or be a ecological competitor. In ED, the I want to stress the importance of quality and quantity players: players who stay and play because they enjoy PvPing and are not forced to pay Varium but rather as an incentive to be a better competitor. To gardner interest in the game, ED must also include the nonvarium crowd which also includes the newcomers to the platform.

And how is this going to generate revenue for ED? Here's another line of thinking:

THE GAP Smaller

1. Newcomer comes into ED
2. Plays till lvl 25. Everything is going smoothly and remains a nonvarium
3. Enters lvl 26-30, more varium players, and constantly loses or wins. Loses more but not that much
4. Has the choice to become a varium or get continue to create better builds, evolve and adapt
5. Becomes a varium and the competition remains the same but finds more enjoyment because they exist challenging competitors
6. Nonvariums gradually become larger in number and more newcomers come into the game

*7. More people play providing a larger incentive for players to invest in enjoying the PVP atmosphere ultimately raising the revenue of ED greatly.

So with this being said, more players would enter the PvP interface. And with more players, chances are they want to obtain an edge on the majority. Because of the Gap, steps like 3-6 are usually ignored in the process reverting back to ignorant newcomers that don't expect the amount of strenuous commitment they need to put into the game. To be honest with you, my whole faction is inactive: I am the only member who plays daily. And why is this the case? Because there is NO INCENTIVE, NO CHALLENGE. Even the varium users in my faction quit for a period of 56 days. So I ask you to reconsider.

As for the stats and specifics, I'm not really worried about them. First, we need the approval of the elite varium tier who must accept this situation. ED can no longer continue any further.

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 8/7/2011 18:46:00 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
8/7/2011 18:28:30   
9001WaysToLaugh

I don't see why ed should have such high prices when there are better FREE games out there. I mean when the game doesn't even have ads... they have no excuse.
Epic  Post #: 69
8/7/2011 18:43:18   
ur going to fail

^ thats true, but im pretty sure making ads isn't titans decision.
Epic  Post #: 70
8/7/2011 18:49:18   
One Winged Angel1357

@9001 i blocked the ED ads on FB so it has ads they just arent as noticable as the AQ and AQW ads
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 71
8/7/2011 18:51:46   
PumKing

The gap between vars and non vars has indeed gotten too big, however, I don't see much of a problem iwth say, oh, a 15 point stat difference, I so think that 20 is a tad too much. especially as of lte how the non-vars are getting higher lvl weps that are comparitivly the same with the base damage they do as var weps
Epic  Post #: 72
8/7/2011 19:42:36   
xxomegafaustxx

@9001WaystoLaugh

You address an important issue on the subject of situational irony. And what is situational irony? Irony that resolves from ignorance, blunt behaviors and actions that are harmful to one's situation. It's humorous because varium users nonchalantly purchase more and more varium (not saying everyone does) and continue to undermine nonvarium players; saying that they are over-powered but they themselves are over-powered. They are supporting the very system that has drained their money for months and in the future, will continue to do so but still accept and tolerate this as an acceptable norm. To reiterate, I like you to consider what Einstein quoted about insanity and the repeating "ignorantium" actions.

quote:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

As I like to say, it's like perpetuating motion: You can only go so high and in the end, fall down because all of us are bound to fall due to gravity. In the context of Einstein's rationale, it is like expecting water to turn solid at room temperature which isn't going to happen. Doing that same thing over and over again with the expectation of different results has become the GAP itself. We as a ED community have tolerated the GAP to stretch so large that in due time, would only inflict not only damage to ED players but also itself as a developing game.

Varium has only made empty resolve, forcing varium users to continue to purchase more varium which has created a further Gap. And you may ask, so, how does this correlate to the GAP? Why are varium users purchasing more and more? To condensed what I have repeated time and time again, it is because nonvariums are depleting in number. Drawing what I said in my feverish posts discussing the bird and worm analogy, varium was suppose to reinforce not coerce the nonvarium and varium tier. *For those who haven't read, please read the post I replied to rej regarding the ecology of competition, hopefully then shall one see the light in my analogy.

Look at the big picture: From the advancement in Alpha to Delta, how many new features and modes were implemented during this period of time? Has the amount of players increased over the last year? Why has it still been 1600 or less? Why has AQWorlds been able to move away from such a barrier and ultimately, become successful? This is because AQWorlds also value the lower tier of players whilst in ED, we as a community are ignoring nonvarium dissent entirely.

@PumKing

Please reconsider the stages in early Alpha and Beta. The stat marginalization was 20 stats and less and new builds emerged, more players joined to interface and more features were implemented. Why was this the case and not Delta or Gamma? Because the GAP has limited new builds to develop, forcing O"PED builds to be adopted amongst players. I was in the stages of Alpha and Beta and no where did I see Varium players losing their edge of battle rather, I saw varium players sill at the "Top of their game". Now, because of the GAP, divides have been greatly entrenched in the PvP atmosphere forcing the developers to focus moreso on "Balance issues" because of O'PED builds and has contributed to less nonvarium players playing which has a detrimental effect on ED's community. And if you believe that the GAP is just fine, please entertain me with this notion: Does a nonvarium ever have a chance against a varium user with 40+ stats or more? How many stats does it take to win a battle, how many levels more does one need?

The reason for varium should be still the same as Alpha, to provide an ecology for healthy competition. And if you didn't participate in early Alpha and Beta, you've probably missed the most golden days of ED's history. You're missing the whole point on the ecology of competition. I suggest you read my earlier posts before you continue to approve the GAP or think it is ok. I won't go on further to try to win your approval.

To the people browsing this forum, suggesting I'm worked up, I am truly passionate about this issue. And for most intellectually nonvarium users, many of us keep our mouths shut or are given the cold shoulder. The path to enlightenment does not cost a single penny or varium. That path does not create enlightenment but enlightened individuals.

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 8/7/2011 19:51:36 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
8/7/2011 19:53:23   
Whirlwindstorm2

I think that the gap between varium and non-variums is just about right. Varium players win most of the time, yet with the right build, non- vars still have a pretty good chance.

-whirl
Post #: 74
8/7/2011 23:20:29   
Count von Tilly

quote:

with the right build, non- vars still have a pretty good chance.

I am tired of people saying things like that. Such reasoning is sophomoric at best. If you have even a modicum of observational skills, you'll notice the dearth of f2ps in lvls 30-33. Why would there be so few nonvars if they stand a "pretty good chance" as you state? And how can builds and skill matter in the nonvar's case when the var has a standard OP build with 40-50 stats more? The nonvars that you see in 1v1 have to spend months NPCing and losing in order to reach their status, an exploit so arduous that only the very tenacious would follow through with it. And a lowly 2-d flash game like ED is not worth the extreme effort or the extreme cash it entails.

Without luck, the nonvar will invariably (pun lol) lose.
(I jammed a whole bunch of SAt words in there. Wish me luck on the actual test.)

@ faust
Your rhetorical skills are too great for a mere game forum. I suggest you quit playing this game entirely and go apply for an newspaper internship or something. Seriously. Your writing skills are better developed than almost the entire sophomore class of 2013 at the 8th best public school in America.
I'd hate to see your talent wasted due to excessive attention on a petty game.
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The Gap
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition