Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussions
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/11/2011 12:56:30   
Remorse

@Isaithemage, I agree,
And persides it's not really nerfing them..
Its more like evening them out.
It's not like they wont get more luck then others .. they still will so it's no diffrence in that sence.
The only diffrence is they will have to reliy slightly less on having 2-3 crits per game and raging every 3 turns because of them.

Persides builds that reily on luck too much should certailny be reveiwed as the best build to go..

I dont think this is goin to work long run..

Because the bad idea will get famed, the arguments will continue, but now they cant lock or dlete the indevidual posts so what are they goin to do... when people start a flame war in this post??
Bann all players involved?? ..... I wouldn't be surprised.

Merged double post. ~Syr

< Message edited by Syr Frostbite -- 8/12/2011 2:25:52 >
Epic  Post #: 51
8/11/2011 13:35:22   
luop70

I think poisen should be able to kill. Also static charge should at least level out with frenzy. 70% would be a good boost

< Message edited by luop70 -- 8/15/2011 13:26:20 >

“The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.”
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
8/12/2011 1:46:43   
FrostWolv

Guys I dnt care about buff ... one buff will cause other class to have another change in their skill

I want to ask WHEN ... I mean when will TLM will get nerf

they say this week their will be a balance change after the change TLM says, "nothing happened to us .. We still rule in 2v2 and 1v1"

then again in another balance change again same thing is heard, "nothing happened to us .. We still rule in 2v2 and 1v1"

I read different posts and see few TLM players write that they get easy wins without any effort... they even write that TLM are OPed

thus as far as I can see more weeks will come and just like gamma phase (where robots killed other build throughout the phase) TLM will laugh and dominate

So what will other players do:

1. Wait for a long time when TLM will get Nerf
2. Do NPC farming and complain in forum (TLM player will say stop complaining as usual)
3. Change their class to TLM (total sadness)
4. Ask for buffing other class which will give TLM more 3 weeks minimum to dominate (for buffing issues)
5. Quit playing game for a while (till they get a valid balance change)

Well read the rest locked thread to know about the players going for these 5 options.

Epic  Post #: 53
8/12/2011 2:05:49   
EDReborned
Banned

2. Do NPC farming and complain in forum

^ This is exactly what I'ma do =P.

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 8/12/2011 11:13:37 >
Epic  Post #: 54
8/12/2011 6:36:43   
ArtixRadinGod

Finally someone else talking about normal classes. THANK YOU. But really the only normal class needing a buff up is normal merch. Only difference between it an tactical is reroute in my opinion which why honestly why everyone is so scared of the class. By this point I highly doubt they will remove abilities from TLM. Else people's raging would crash the forums. (lol)

Only thing that needs to be done is more incentive to balance out is all. TLM doesn't need to be nerfed. Focus just needs a more stronger pose to it.

And if they don't do that then simply buff the other classes up. Honestly the only class I haven't lost to was CH. The BM's are fine in my opinion. They have the ability to heal, and BUNKER to pack a punch with that healing! The only reason they're complaining is because they dunno what they're doing. They usually bunker on first turn... why not bunker when you're hurt so you heal it all back or better yet RAGE bunker. To me TLM isn't OPed. People just aren't smart. I actually have a tactical build for my tactical merch and I by no means abuse any skill. (I'm 45 in all, 46 in tech) and I just use my head and know when to use certain moves which let's me win. So buff CH and LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE ALONE. I see nothing wrong otherwise. Again, this is my opinion, but it's a good one if I say so myself.

Now I just hope they don't destroy everything the merchs stood for. I expect 10 hybrid however. :/ Which will make normal merch EVEN further behind.

< Message edited by ArtixRadinGod -- 8/12/2011 6:40:07 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
8/12/2011 6:48:04   
Ubear

I don't get why a tactical mercs poison does more damage than a bounty hunters *and* it is unblockable. Should be doing less if anything

*MUNCH* Your sig contains an advertisement. See
the Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
AQ Epic  Post #: 56
8/12/2011 6:50:31   
Basicball

^because it only does 25% initial dmg, BH does 70/75%

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
8/12/2011 7:07:26   
8x

I think bunker buster and cheap shot should have only 10% to crit. Both skills crit way too much.
Epic  Post #: 58
8/12/2011 7:12:52   
Fay Beeee

8rlx0
Cheap shot is the only part of my build that is flexible.

Reduce that and I will never be able to beat tlm. Right now I can do 1 win to 20 losses with a tlm. If I have L*** with me.

Besides cheap shot can be blocked easily.

Epic  Post #: 59
8/12/2011 7:18:05   
Ubear

If they nerf cheap shot then I can think of only one solution to still make the bounty hunter a good class... bring back diamond blades!
AQ Epic  Post #: 60
8/12/2011 7:47:29   
drinde

quote:

But really the only normal class needing a buff up is normal merch.

This is not true, cuz the mages are the weakest of the lot in F2P circles.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 61
8/12/2011 8:19:36   
BlueKatz

Why people keep sayng Hybrid Armor get nerfed. I mean at that time, they nerfed every defense move with new stat system
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 62
8/12/2011 9:03:20   
Fay Beeee

I think this needs sorting into different sections. We post our thoughts and by the time it comes up (to the one we are responding to) it just does not make sense.
Well that is to me anyway. lol
Epic  Post #: 63
8/12/2011 9:07:42   
BlueKatz

^ yeah that's why I don't like sticky thread, since I rarely use BH so I was interested in Hybrid and BB more than Cheap Shot :)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 64
8/12/2011 9:47:55   
King FrostLich

I have done 1v1 battles and made my character fight strength tact mercs and I have concluded that they are an EXTREMELY more powerful class than strength hunters.

The reason why is simply because they have reroute and their huge amounts of strength along with their defense have made them too....out of reach and very overpowered compared to any class. With frenzy combined with smokescreen along with their strength, they do heaps of damage even to someone who has placed ALOT of dexterity points will simply get owned. If you think frenzy-ing all the time will makes them overpowered, there is another one I found....the simple all-out barrage attack. Strength tact mercs just simply do this tactic: Maul, double strike, smoke, double strike, strike, double strike.

Since reroute makes them recover mana when you hit them hard, they can easily repeat their move and because double strike has a 1 turn cooldown only, the damage is more powerful and too intense for any class to handle that only a tanking tactical merc can easily defeat it with ease. In simple definition, tactical mercs really need to be balanced or they'll just repeat a move without wasting mana since frenzy recovers alot of health if it hits high with an added reroute.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 8/12/2011 10:05:23 >
Epic  Post #: 65
8/12/2011 12:00:27   
Remorse

^I agree!

They need to take reroute in my opinion, thats the olny reason why they cannot be countered as a STR build. eg. Str BH and old STR mercs could easily be beatin with a mana drain.
Now we got no way to counter then adn to top it off they get more skills and a frekin defnece debuffer.
I know theyve dug the whole deep and it's hard to gte out but i dont care how much the TLM complain about a nerf it's obvious since day 1 they need it.
I just can't belive the class testers did not see TLM as a prolem.. IT's bloomin obvious!!

< Message edited by Remorse -- 8/12/2011 12:01:29 >
Epic  Post #: 66
8/12/2011 13:44:18   
PivotalDisorder

until the balance update, most of the stuff talked about so far is moot.

Double strike will do less damage in a high strength build, as will berzerker. robots are also being nerfed which is awesome and cyber hunters getting the improved static charge.
disappointed if mages don't get assimilation back and still unsure if any of these changes effect tactical merc more than any other class, but overall its gonna be a big change IMO.

Post #: 67
8/12/2011 15:13:16   
FrostWolv

quote:

Strength tact mercs just simply do this tactic: Maul, double strike, smoke, double strike, strike, double strike.

so true ...

quote:

The reason why is simply because they have reroute and their huge amounts of strength along with their defense have made them too

even a TLM player says

well so much nerf of % skill is going on then they shud nerf reroute only for TLM (not TM) and name it smthin else

why so ... if one notices then skills like Double strike, Maul, Frenzy needs low energy and is OPed with reroute

even TM cant use so much skills like TLM do... while mages should cast more spell coz they have MAGE name in their class
Epic  Post #: 68
8/12/2011 17:11:46   
DeathGuard

I have seen that most mercs at lvl 27 and 28 got already powerful armors and sometimes a good weapon gun/aux, but I don't seen too many mages with an armor. So I asked myself Should I do an investigation about it? I lvl up to lvl 29 a merc, his ration was awesome and the form to easily get credits was good, but I try it with a mage acc this time, and I notice something, several things I want to point out, an unfairness in prices and stats between the three classes. I will post the problems irght now but before I want to say I don't want to flame NO ONE and I don't want flamming in this thread since I just will do just one thread with a great purpose every day.
Mages got a big variety of staffs but its stats and cost are extremely high and the stats poor. I notice that Caden Wrath offers +24 stats on technology and has a base damage of +22 and its cost is 8k credits, and its lvl range is 24-28 due to emcumberance, but mjolnir's stats are distributed in form that it offers a variety of builds and its damage base is +20 and its cost is 2210 credits but mercs don't have that many options in getting clubs. I have seen many others items that I would reserve to say but that I think that mage's staff costs should be lowered. If you want me to list other weps, I will list them with pleasure since this one is just a example of the unfairness in costs. Please don't flame me calling me greedy, selfish or such childish insults but I jsut want that mages and all the classes have the same chances of getting powerful and rare items. As always have a good day and enjoy this thread!

< Message edited by cyberbakio ryugan -- 8/12/2011 17:24:28 >

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 69
8/12/2011 17:35:18   
redxtra

this is true
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
8/12/2011 17:35:57   
zippinbolts

I agree with this assessment of the Mage pricing. My secondary Mage can barely afford his equips compared to my bounty or merc.

AQ AQW  Post #: 71
8/12/2011 17:56:47   
PivotalDisorder

mages get cadens, mercs get mjolnir, hunters get? nothing lol.
Post #: 72
8/12/2011 17:58:58   
DeathGuard

Jehannum: I never seen a claw that gives such amount of stats for a bh, I thought there was one but I was wrong.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 73
8/12/2011 18:01:38   
PivotalDisorder

I know man. I've checked every single hunter weapon on the wiki multiple times :)

Post #: 74
8/12/2011 18:04:05   
hardcore59

@ =cyber

the ripper jr.s are pretty good they give 13 dex and i used them to a devastating effect with a poison build

Youtube.com/FAINTgames
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussions
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition