Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011
Page 25 of 28«<2324252627>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/18/2011 22:25:34   
Jekyll

I would like to make a suggestion here, since devs will read it:

Create a separate page in-game for us to view our war stats (for different wars) even after the war has ended. This is a form of recognition of our contribution towards the war.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 601
12/18/2011 22:27:08   
Goony
Constructive!

I'll make some brief comments too ;)

1. The super bomb should be dropped by the level 30 NPCs'.

2. The drop rate should be higher than 10% for all NPCs', perhaps around the 30% level and as has been suggested even higher rates for the harder NPCs'

3. To encourage participation the points needed for the ranks needs to be slashed. 500k for War General is plenty. We need more generals and it would encourage more people to try if it was realistic value. At the moment only the most dedicated varium player would even contemplate trying and that is not good for participation.

4. Activity in war should be reflected in faction somehow, perhaps another column like war kills, since it takes being in a faction to participate. Also war kills do not indicate on player activity. i.e you can fight in the war all day and not be active in the faction o.O

5. The actual dynamics of the war is boring and the repetitiousness will alienate many players so bringing in some credits and experience gains would give players a reason to be part of the war effort. In fact make the credit and experience higher than the real game since the war is reducing the numbers in the general game to a point where it takes some time to find battles would be good if the event is only going to last for 2 weeks. Tokens are replaced by War points!

6. The varium vs non-varium is always going to be contentious as AE is an organisation that needs to make money somehow! The super bombs cost 25 cents for 200-500 war points, but with the top achievement at 1 million+ war points I think that they are pushing the boundaries of what is achievable. It is the holiday season and do they expect that someone will drop $1000 dollars into this game to get that achievement. Because only the mildly insane would attempt to do close to 100000 wins to get it :/ Wouldn't it be better to have many players get the achievement and be proud of what they have done rather than be lambasted by the community as an idiot due to either the time or expense.

Just my thoughts and thanks to the many players who have congratulated me on getting the first War Hero achievement.

Kindest regards,
G00NY

< Message edited by Goony -- 12/18/2011 22:28:00 >
Epic  Post #: 602
12/18/2011 23:27:23   
Hun Kingq

Since this is a Winter event why is it only lasting several weeks when I thought winter lasted a couple of months, did that change and only ED staff knows about it?
Epic  Post #: 603
12/19/2011 2:01:27   
Silver Sky Magician

@Hun Kingq

Would you like the Halloween/Valentine's Day/etc. shops to last only a day? What about the Eggzookas only lasting a few days? What would you say then - that the devs are promoting panic buying to get quick cash? Please use some common sense...
Post #: 604
12/19/2011 3:06:51   
skeletondude

^He was asking why does the event stay for couple of weeks when winter stays for at least 2-3 months ?? Read carefully
AQW Epic  Post #: 605
12/19/2011 3:20:50   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

To those of you wondering, all the NPCs have the same drop rate for bombs. This way, low levels have a chance to rank up (and contribute to the war) as much as everyone else that's level 34.

@Goony: Increasing the drop rate of bombs is definitely something I'll bring up to the devs to consider. This should also help non-Variums contribute more to the war, as well as rank up. There are a few of you that have been very unlucky, and there's not much you can do about the RNG being mean, sorry! *kicks the RNG for misbehaving*

As for General rank, I feel that should remain something that only the most dedicated of war mongers can get up to. Once this war is gone, that achievement will always be a mark to show how much you participated in it and being a General shows you truly went all out. There are plenty of other rank achievements to work for along the way if you don't have the time for General, so your effort is hardly in vain (not to mention you are helping out your side in the war!).

@skeletondude: The war is going to remain for a relatively long time, but every war has to end eventually. Player enthusiasm for the war can only last so long before it becomes stale. You don't have to worry, because it will be here for a while. There are still aspects of the war like missions that haven't even been released yet!

< Message edited by Ashari -- 12/19/2011 3:28:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 606
12/19/2011 3:20:57   
Silver Sky Magician

@skeletondude

And that was my answer: for the same reason that Halloween and Valentine weapons stay longer than the festival itself. Because in-game events last for an appriopriate amount of time.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 12/19/2011 3:21:20 >
Post #: 607
12/19/2011 3:27:08   
goldslayer1

quote:

As for General rank, I feel that should remain something that only the most dedicated of war mongers can get up to. Once this war is gone, that achievement will always be a mark to show how much you participated in it and being a General shows you truly went all out. There are plenty of other rank acheivevements to work for along the way if you don't have the time for General, so your effort hardly in vain (not to mention you are helping out your side in the war!).

ohh yeah, all out with $1650 >.>
or 65k yeti wins in like 3 weeks.
totally shows im so dedicated

/end sarcasm
sorry ashari this isn't something i agree with.

in an army, even after the war is over the soldier still keep ranking up.
so the idea basically is, let the war go rare, but let the rank system stay so we can keep ranking up even after the war is over.
obviously the bomb drops would stop, and super bomb stays so others can take a short cut for the ranks if they want to.
but it shouldn't go rare.

think of it like reputations in AQW. even after the event for that area is over, the reputation can still be ranked.
via quest and fighting NPCs. (i dont know if ED is making a repeatable quest for this war. but its needed)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/19/2011 3:35:57 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 608
12/19/2011 3:33:21   
skeletondude

^Yup i totally agree,I think it should be done.
AQW Epic  Post #: 609
12/19/2011 3:54:14   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@goldslayer: While I don't know the exact amounts, the missions that are coming up will give a very large chunk of war points. There might also be other changes (like increased bomb drop rates) that will help speed up getting war points to make it much more possible.

This is EpicDuel's first war, and without a doubt there will be some adjustments made in the next week to clear up some of the issues we've seen so far. I can't say for certain what will happen yet though, but I'll definitely make sure all these issues get consideration. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 610
12/19/2011 4:09:32   
goldslayer1

@ashari
well here's a suggestion to a much fair system.

quote:

This is EpicDuel's first war,

by that i can assume there will be more, and based on other stuff.
while the war is in place, achievements like participating in the war (bombaider, and war hero) would go rare after the event.
however the rank achievement for killing NPCs would stay. seeing how it is already an a hard feat to get 65k yeti wins for general.
the bomb drops from the NPCs would go rare, but the super bomb would stay incase anyone after the war is over, feels like taking a short cut from farming NPCs. this way ED still gets profit after the war is over. and would actually give non vars a chance at general rank thru 65k yeti wins.

then another add tab/window for accessing "Ranks" that will show Ranks for any "reputation" they have.
and all wars should last atleast 7-8 weeks (or more) so that it gives players the chance at getting the dailies, and the participation achievement such as bombaider and war hero.

this is alot more fair considering that the NPCs dont really give any credits, exp, or tokens, or a win at all.
but if the NPCs stayed and can still be ranked, then it would be better because of these disadvantages.

please forward/tell titan and nw about this so that they may consider it.

im sure the forum community would agree with this idea.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/19/2011 4:12:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 611
12/19/2011 4:16:17   
skeletondude

quote:

65k yeti wins for general.

Wow,now if only those npc's can give credits,tokens and the wins to be added on your record(without affecting the daily leader board) I would totally do it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 612
12/19/2011 5:02:59   
drodrae

So I've been seeing a lot of complaints regarding the current state of the war. The main points stated by our community are:

*Super War Bombs makes this war a pay to win event.
*The ranks need too much money and time.
*NPCs are boring to farm and only useful for the war.
*War Bomb drops are insane.

Now, let's be realistic. The devs need/want to make money. We already know that, accept it. There'll always be an "easy way out"/catch through varium.

Next, I agree war ranks are a bit too demanding on the time and money department. There are multiple ways of solving this. Halve the points needed to rank up, as many of my fellow forumers stated, or, and I quote from goldslayer1 here,

"in an army, even after the war is over the soldier still keep ranking up.
so the idea basically is, let the war go rare, but let the rank system stay so we can keep ranking up even after the war is over.
obviously the bomb drops would stop, and super bomb stays so others can take a short cut for the ranks if they want to.
but it shouldn't go rare. "
(Sorry, dunno how to quote properly. )

This would make it much simpler. I prefer goldslayer1's idea as it gives an indefinite amount of time to rank up.

Now, about the NPCs. They are only useful for war effort. But please, with that much points needed to rank up, we have to spend copious amounts of time battling these Frystelanders and trespassers. This translates into time lost gaining battle tokens, credits and exp for your own character. Once again, various solutions. Of course, only one should be implemented.
1. Make the War NPCs give BT too. (This is me being selfish. I need BT.)
2. Have them give normal XP and credits but only within their level range.
3. Make them give scaled XP and credits. For example, Frost Reaper gives 5 XP and 10 credits, Arctic Guard gives 8 XP and 20 credits, etc.
4. Any combination of the above.

This would make farming these NPCs much more bearable. And NO, NPC Chat won't make it fun. It gets awfully repetitive.

Finally, the bombs. The way I see it, the drops are fine the way they are. Of course, occasionally we get a streak of bad luck and get frustrated, but that's just the RNG going insane. I've already done 1k bomb damage with 250 something wins. And already we have non varium players getting the Bombadier achievement (I still believe it should be Bombardier). The only reason I see increasing bomb drop rates is to make it easier to attain the ranks.

Discuss and give your opinion regarding the topic. All forum rules apply.
AQW Epic  Post #: 613
12/19/2011 5:09:57   
Hun Kingq

Silver Sky Magician read Cinderella post then read mine and than it will be clear too you because with the phrase several weeks someone can infer 2 to 3 weeks instead of 2 to 3 months.

Ashari, since this war is taking us away from the regular battles why can't we get battle tokens as well and the drop rate for the Yeti Hulk should be more frequent than 4 to 6 per 100 wins.
Epic  Post #: 614
12/19/2011 5:24:04   
goldslayer1

@dre
i prefer my idea too :D
thanks for mentioning me in ur post.

also when ur making a post, copy and paste what u want to quote. then high light it.
then on the top (where u are writting) there is button that says "quote" click and then quote should appear.
AQW Epic  Post #: 615
12/19/2011 7:29:46   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

I've merged the "Regarding Frysteland War" post into the Design Notes thread as it is concerning the Frysteland War and there are many points I'd like to address.

These are all good points drodae. I know I'm repeating some of my previous posts, but the point is the same nonetheless. The EpicDuel team will be using the next week to continue to tweak and enhance the war experience so this is a more enjoyable and fulfulling war for everyone. The feedback is completely appreciated!

quote:

Now, let's be realistic. The devs need/want to make money. We already know that, accept it. There'll always be an "easy way out"/catch through varium.

While it is true that Varium is meant to give an advantage in the war, the current disparity between the available of Super Bombs and regular Bombs is something will be looked into next week. Raising the drop rate of bombs from NPCs is looking to be a very possible solution.

quote:

Next, I agree war ranks are a bit too demanding on the time and money department. There are multiple ways of solving this. Halve the points needed to rank up, as many of my fellow forumers stated, or, and I quote from goldslayer1 here.

Please know that there are going to more ways to earn addition war points, as there will be more added to the war (on top of adjustments) in the coming week such as missions, so that will help in easing the effort required to get the higher war ranks. Once these new methods are taken into account, earning a rank of General won't be the impossible task it is now. If it still is, the amount required for the rank can always be altered.

quote:

Now, about the NPCs. They are only useful for war effort. But please, with that much points needed to rank up, we have to spend copious amounts of time battling these Frystelanders and trespassers. This translates into time lost gaining battle tokens, credits and exp for your own character. Once again, various solutions. Of course, only one should be implemented.

One thing I agree with is that the incentive needs to be increased for these war NPCs. While bringing down a core provide a nice boost to everyone's XP and Credit gains, this hardly offsets the time spent farming war NPCs without any gain. Giving them equal XP and Credit rewards as normal NPCs has several problems that would be difficult to address in a short time.

Personally I feel that factions tie in crucially to this war, both functionally and in terms of the story, so the incentive must be there for factions to actively participate. At the moment, the war does little to help competitive faction stay competitive. Without the Battle Tokens or Influence rewards of regular battles, players will be divided between helping the war cause or helping their faction. A goal EpicDuel needs to set for itself is to make the faction and the war cause mutually beneficial. Battle Tokens and Influence rewards could be a solution here, but that may not be as attractive to the less competitive factions. This is something that the whole team will definitely have input on next week.

@Goldslayer: I like your idea of rankings becoming a permanent thing, similar to reputation, but I don't know if this would fit in with the direction Cindy wants to take the story line or what the devs are planning with the war system for the future. This is only my opinion, as I have no idea if such a system would even be possible with the current plans.

< Message edited by Ashari -- 12/19/2011 7:33:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 616
12/19/2011 8:07:48   
Silver Sky Magician

@Hun Kingq

I'll be more direct: in-game events, while influenced by real-life events, are not entirely restricted by them, especially in terms of their duration. In other words, should a real-life event, like Halloween, last for an inconveniently small amount of time for an in-game event of the same duration, the in-game event will be suitably prolonged. The converse is also true; should a real-life event, like winter, last for an inconveniently great amount of time, its in-game counterpart will be appropriately shortened.
Post #: 617
12/19/2011 8:14:37   
Renzan

Has there been any mention of a new armor and/or a new robot?
Epic  Post #: 618
12/19/2011 8:43:59   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

My only thoughts for suggestions is:

1) Super Bomb having an hourly cap of how many can engage in the war. I think 3 an hour would provide a decent advantage, yet not too much to distance one self from non-varium players. I also feel having this cap, it would allow players to use the Offers to aid in competing both in Leader-boards or supporting for their selected affiliation.

2) arcade style drops for credits and tokens. Like the arcade, the war should have drops as back pocket incentives. Both the credits and tokens should be very limited since these npcs are not much of a challenge. My thoughts of 25,50,75 and 100 credits should be the amounts, and should not exceed that since it should not replace the arcade for the jackpot prizes. As for tokens, 5,10,15, and finally 20. The reasons are just as a small incentive, and should not replace actual battling and doing official missions to obtain tokens.

The war should be a grind and drive. Having so many rewards will taint the experience of the journey. Players will only seek short-term gratification over tactical planning for long-term. The war needs to have official end either by a war bar percentage or a determined date. This will help players plan out their schedule, and they will have opportunity to organize better in coordinating with their off-game holiday activities.

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 12/19/2011 8:45:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 619
12/19/2011 9:01:01   
Smackie El Frog

@JZaanu great idea! I like it a lot maybe its time to make some new arcade incentives? Maybe drops of experience. Instead of winning 10,000 credits for the big prize you can win 100 experience? That would be pretty helpful to people of all levels outside of the cap.

@ Ashari unless these missions are able to be repeated and give 1k war score per mission they aren't going to help achieve general rank without no-lifing for the duration of the war..personally I think the ranks need to be evaluated because the rate from rank 6-7 is crazy big(150,000-400,000). And god know what it will take from rank 7-8.(400,000-1,000,000 possibly?)

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 620
12/19/2011 10:22:34   
Lord Nub

I agree with the rank structure. It's only an achievement anyway and not something you must have. It also provides more of a sense of accomplishment for those that get it instead of something that everyone gets.

There's always more to be achieved this way. If it's not for you then you have the other options of the game 1v1, 2v2, and Jug.

Still don't like the impact varium has on the war but that's something the team can discuss for future wars.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 621
12/19/2011 12:08:21   
frogbones
Banned

Yay. A war that revolves around mindless NPC farming and buying your rank (kinda like buying the Tac Merc class, and buying boosters in order to win)

No thanks. This was the exact reason I stopped playing AQ and DF---boooooooring. It's just clicking with no change in strategy or scenery whatsoever.

This is still a PvP game, right? It's not like the other AE games, so why couldn't you guys make a war revolving around PvP?

Sorry, but your first war was a step backward, not forward.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 622
12/19/2011 12:24:48   
Lord Nub

^ There trying to offer things to a bigger variety of players. We still have our great PvP and we also don't know how long the event will last. It seems it will be here for quite some time which is plenty time to get those achievements if people wish to pursue them.

I said before this release was complete garbage as well because it took so long and was very disappointed at the lack of competition offered for everyone.

In the end it does suck it's so heavily geared toward the varium bomb and redundant farming with no creds or anything for the player.

For future wars it would be nice to see no varium impact beyond our equipment, a small credit drop and perhaps a battle token drop from the harder npcs should there be a drop relating to bombs in this release that drop at the same rate from all npcs, and a continuous war leader board for those who have contributed the most to increase participation.

I'd also like to point out that those Exile fools are gaining on us Legionnaires...Don't let this game become some cruddy crap overrun by beautiful furry loving creatures.

We want more death, pain, and agony!! Come on and get to fighting those Krampus fools!! Don't give in to peace, love, and happiness!!

< Message edited by Lord Nub -- 12/19/2011 12:29:20 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 623
12/19/2011 12:32:44   
frogbones
Banned

Why have it revolve around NPCs in the first place? Or, at least, why limit it to just NPC farming? There shoulda been a PvP aspect as well ....

< Message edited by frogbones -- 12/19/2011 12:33:33 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 624
12/19/2011 14:05:36   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Siggy by Rabies for Exiles
http://i42.tinypic.com/9s5q9t.jpg

Siggy by DillBagel for Exiles
http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz263/DillBagel/ExileWarSIg.jpg

< Message edited by The ND Mallet Guy -- 12/19/2011 14:08:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 625
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011
Page 25 of 28«<2324252627>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition