Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011
Page 23 of 28«<2122232425>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/18/2011 17:59:46   
xxomegafaustxx

quote:

Traitors

No one knows the final outcome of this war, like with class change, popular factions, and it will also apply with affiliations too; traitors.

The desire to be on the winning side can have a devastating effect on this event, if players are switching affiliations.

Has the game done anything to prevent this from happening?

I had made a suggestion on a different thread that could be helpful.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=19901212

JZaanu, although your intentions are pure, ED has always cultivated the opposite. The PvP interface has given manifestation to greed and above all corruption. It's a man-eats-man world, darwin's survival of the fitness biological competitor because in the end of the day, everyone's only looking out for their back. Who cares about faction loyalty? Those traditions were long abandoned every since this war. Everyone want's to be victor instead of the victim. However, this may not necessarily hold true.

The game hasn't done anything because there is no penalty for favouring an user's abuse/unfaithfulness. Rather, the game has encouraged it to make revenue and to rip-off people who spend a fortune on this game just to get more "pixelated" wins, "pixelated achievements", etc. Although the experience is genuine, the means to justify such ends are ludicrous and to some extent, questionable.

Of course, there are a select few who do not sanction/condone this behaviour. And these are the very people who stay true to their class, their faction and to the game. They don't need to splurge a ton of varium to enjoy this game or find full satisfaction. Inadvertently, it's their views and attitudes honed for the game that keep their interest alive, real and feasible.

In no mean do I implore any offence to those who have opinions in this regard otherwise: I'm merely inflecting on my stance on this issue you brought up.

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 551
12/18/2011 18:02:04   
One Winged Angel1357

@JZaanu If you want people to be loyal to one side or the other the cause of each side must be known to everyone because right now we are fighting to fight we have no cause so we have no reason to even be fighting
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 552
12/18/2011 18:38:22   
Shadronica

Ahh nice to see some brains in ED. Well done for the two posts above. :)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 553
12/18/2011 18:41:40   
One Winged Angel1357

Me and Deathguard are working on a crude guess at bomb drop rates Im beating Arctic Guard and Frost Reaper 100 and he is beating Yeti Hulk 100 times and we will use this to make a guess.

I will continue to grow on mine every day but I do not expect as much of Deathguard because i believe he may have a life
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 554
12/18/2011 18:42:38   
IsaiahtheMage

@Lord Nub Right you are! I pledge myself to you my master! I have now joined Legion. Since they are winning. And their cooler.
AQW Epic  Post #: 555
12/18/2011 18:52:17   
Minus123

^
Yes join legion, we have cool breathing masks, and ofcourse, bacon
Post #: 556
12/18/2011 18:57:13   
IsaiahtheMage

^I like cool breathing mask and bacon!
AQW Epic  Post #: 557
12/18/2011 18:58:26   
Smackie El Frog

I'd love to have a new armor...a baby yeti fur tuxedo would be best, so lets prepare those yetis! Kill two for matching clogs! XD

If you don't know where thats from check this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsFHEK_o9U8&feature=related

< Message edited by Smackie El Frog -- 12/18/2011 19:02:09 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 558
12/18/2011 19:02:11   
goldslayer1

quote:

@Gold: Well you do know that this is the so called "Impossible rank" to reach right? you need about 1 million war points to get it.So now tell me, is that worth it and the only way to get it if you have a bank in your pocket because it pretty much impossible for anyone to get (unless your a person who plays 24/7 non stop)

ok buddy, ur so called near impossible rank will cost u 6500 super bombs if u want to do it with varium. thats a total of $1650.

but if u want to NPC 24/7 as u say, then good luck getting 65k yeti hulk wins before the event ends in 3-4 weeks.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/18/2011 19:03:48 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 559
12/18/2011 19:03:14   
DunkThatOreo

Ok I've spent about 10 minutes writing out a paragraph but I'm just gonna say it, get a life people dam.
Epic  Post #: 560
12/18/2011 19:07:03   
goldslayer1

if the event didn't go rare then it would be fine to have to defeat 65k yeti hulks for the general rank.
but atm doing 65k yeti wins while it doesn't apply to record, with no exp, credits, or tokens, thats just a no go atm.
AQW Epic  Post #: 561
12/18/2011 19:30:49   
DeathGuard

I'm noticing nonvariums don't stand a chance to get Frysteland War Hero even if they do 1440 wins in a day against Yeti Hulk and get some bombs. The 1440 agaisnt yeti will give them 28800 war points plus 20 Bombs that will give them around 1k-2k war points, so why don't we nerf variums in the manner of getting war points much faster?
Here are the ways:
1.)Remove the super war bomb, that way the leaderboard is not a pay to win achievement.
2.)Make Frost Weapons not to do double damage against all the new npcs in Frysteland.
3.)Make Yeti Hulk weaker just as Fenris is, Exile can't have stronger bosses than Legion.
4.)Reduced War Bomb rate from all the npcs, that way the war points earned are more influenced by kills not by money/luck at getting more bombs.

That way varium and nonvariums will have the same chance to get it and it will be hard to get it. Do you like my idea?

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 12/18/2011 19:31:52 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 562
12/18/2011 19:48:05   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

New bomb: Charged Bomb
Cost: 2000 creds
Damage: Same as Super Bomb.

Now non variums can actually stand a chance on the boards.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 563
12/18/2011 20:02:33   
IsaiahtheMage

@DeathGuard I agree with all except number 4. No bombs and just endless NPC killing with nothing in return is extremenly boring. The normal war bomb rate is very low and it is already hard to obtain. Reducing the drop rate will make it nearly impossible it should be increased to a 20% chance to get it from each NPC. And we should get battle tokens from the NPCs aswell. We should get 1 battle token for the level 10 NPC 2 battle tokens for the level 20 NPC and 3 battle tokens for the level 30 NPC. That way we at least get something.

@ND Mallet I agree.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 12/18/2011 20:03:11 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 564
12/18/2011 20:07:09   
One Winged Angel1357

@Isaiah a better system would be a scaling one the harder the enemy(relative to the other enemies) the higher the drop rate

So it would look something like this
Frost Reaper/Whatever the legion has: 5%
Arctic Guard/Whatever the legion has: 10%
Fenris: 13%
Yeti Hulk: 15%

Fenris is 13% becuase he is weaker then Hulk but stronger then Arctic guard
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 565
12/18/2011 20:16:52   
DeathGuard

Bombs, what is the point of it? A war is suppose to be earned and not won by paying.
I think Frysteland War Hero should be earned by effort and not by buying/earning bombs and getting war points faster.
We can do this, if the npcs gives some kind of reward, no matter credits and experience or tokens, we will have a motivation to earn it.
If we apply this method, we will restrict that only 10 bombs can be fired each day, and the kills of npcs will influence more our war points, and the reward will be the achievement Frysteland War Hero plus 10k war points of bonus. I think that way all will agree.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 12/18/2011 20:18:14 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 566
12/18/2011 20:38:54   
xxomegafaustxx

quote:

New bomb: Charged Bomb
Cost: 2000 creds

I would have to disagree. Again this is just encouraging "purchasing wins" and not actually "earning" them. Allow me to inquire this; what then is the purpose of having NPCs in the war when hardly any one is going to be battling them when they can purchase these bombs? This defeats the whole purpose of a war to begin with.

quote:

Now non variums can actually stand a chance on the boards.

That's not going to ever happen. Sure, the average nonvar can drop in 15-20 bombs but the varium player can always out-rival the closest nonvarium competitor by purchasing barium bombs. And if that is the case, 30-40k just for a lousy achievement? This is exactly like warkills; 100k if you do it the nonvarium way. I rather invest that money in better things, not some crummy pixelated rating points.

Discard the whole bomb shenanigan idea; there is a reason (I stress a reason) why NPC's are here in the picture. Otherwise, this would be a "who has the most credits/varium" competition among the elitist tier of players in ED which in fact it is. I ask you, how can a nonvar lvl 25 ever compete or have a chance of getting the achievement? Should hard work be credited and valued? It is a sad and cold bleak reality.

There are 3 NPCs calibrated for each level so that everyone has an equal and fair chance for competing.

Increase the % to drop bombs, introduce some tangible credit/battle token bonus in conjunction with steady supplement of war points, calibrate users so that they can only battle within their NPC levelled margin (to prevent high level users grinding on the lvl 10 NPC or 20 NPC), make it that each NPC gives the same amount of war points and same % to drop bombs. That way, everyone has a equal chance of getting the achievement.

To those who actually "fighting" and directly engaging in war effort, should their endeavours be praised? Rewarded? Acknowledged?

As far as I see it, the one who's hogging all the fame is the person paying the most money, not the one who earned their wins with handwork, blood-sweat-and tears (good band btw).

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 567
12/18/2011 20:40:20   
Jekyll

Honestly the achievement value (rating) does not justify the cost.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 568
12/18/2011 20:44:32   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Charged Bomb(FIXED COST)
Cost: 50 Battle Tokens

Now that's earning a bomb for points and not buying them. Either that or make a new Token specifically for fighting War NPCs and make it cost that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 569
12/18/2011 20:46:53   
One Winged Angel1357

ND a Frysteland Token would be great for buying bombs so F2P's who farm the crap out of NPC's can pick up a bomb to aid the cause
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 570
12/18/2011 20:49:00   
DeathGuard

10 fights for 1 bomb, that should do it. That way bombs will be earned by effort not by buying it.
There should be a quest that can be repeated, quest item will be the needed npc and the reward a bomb. 50 battles/50 tokens seems to much for me, but the idea of a new token for Frysteland would help the cause of all this.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 12/18/2011 20:51:20 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 571
12/18/2011 20:53:22   
Matrix77

oki oki, just wth ==....I tried participating in the war, and fight the yeti hulk, I got my arse whupped, as well as beating the yeti hulk. Its like a literally 50/50 chance of me beating the yeti hulk. Okay maybe my build suxs, but how on earth is the yeti hulk hitting 25+ crt on me 3x in a row when I had matrix(+25) and defence 27-33+1 on?? Like seriously?!?! Even in a normal 1vs1 when I fight against those 20-24 and up primary attack tlms, they can't hit as much at 25+ and crt on me 3x in a row, yet this yeti hulk can and its merely lv30?? == Is this what this war really is about?

I tried playing the war from the legion side using my atl against fenris, and I lost 4 battles to fenris so far and both chars of mines are tms with the same build. So why am I loosing at a 50/50 rate against yeti hulk???

This update seems unbalance imo regarding the War NPCs ==
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 572
12/18/2011 20:53:28   
Jekyll

Frysteland tokens are a solution, but I think another currency isn't really needed right now. The quest idea is good, maybe we should wait until missions are released.

@Matrix I'm an exile so I can only help you with the Yeti. The Yeti is difficult, but as a Tech Mage, a high dex Supercharge build might just do the trick. He has bloodlust so it's pretty annoying.

< Message edited by Jekyll -- 12/18/2011 20:56:11 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 573
12/18/2011 20:55:47   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@Matrix Fight the Arctic Guard instead. He's much easier to kill but gives only 10 points. Still better to fight him though.

@Jekyll Last time I heard, missions can only be completed once under the current mission system. They can't make repeatable quests so a new currency for fighting War NPCs would be more helpful. Anyone can do a quest for their alignment, not everyone will farm for tokens to get bombs or get that many tokens.

< Message edited by The ND Mallet Guy -- 12/18/2011 20:58:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 574
12/18/2011 20:58:37   
xxomegafaustxx

quote:

Charged Bomb(FIXED COST)
Cost: 50 Battle Tokens

Wouldn't be fair for those who just started the game and grants a tremendous advantage to old farts and elitist who have been honing a splurge of tokens for the longest time ever. For lower levelled players, they probably lack the necessary funds in tokens to purchase these specific kinds of bombs which may convey some sort of handicap. This could discourage users and thereby dissuade players to enact such a personal choice or make an unwise decision involving token investment.

quote:

Either that or make a new Token specifically for fighting War NPCs and make it cost that.

I have to say, I like this idea. In the addition of war points, users can obtain war tokens simultaneously when fighting a NPC. There will be a store to purchase bombs at a specific price of war tokens. For the devs who wish for a varium incentive feature to be interjected during this event, varium could be used to get a desired discount on these bombs (notice I used discount). Like 5% off or something. THESE BOMBS WOULD NOT BE PURCHASABLE WITH VARIUM**

In this way, it would be fair for all players (while not making it too varium rigged) and would truly equalize the playing field.

quote:

Bombs, what is the point of it? A war is suppose to be earned and not won by paying.

I agree entirely. I believe the above schematic should be employed because these bombs are earned through battles directly: Get specialized tokens from NPCs + Warpoints, Use specialized tokens to purchase bombs, rinse wash and repeat. That way, no one feels cheated on those who 'purchased' all there wins. A model like this encourages players to work towards their goals.

[EDIT]

@Matrix
Try fighting frost guard or the lvl 10 NPC (I forgot his name). I used a highly condensed 42-hp build with 90+ support with high overload and lvl 2 malf and it usually takes about a good 2-3 turns to knock'em down. I don't bother with the yeti because he's too time consuming and if you want to get the achievement as quick as possible (which I've already done), I advise you to farm the lower levelled NPCs to maximize your chances of getting dropped bombs.

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 12/18/2011 21:07:19 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 575
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DNs December 15th 2011
Page 23 of 28«<2122232425>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition