Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!
Page 3 of 18«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/23/2012 1:28:18   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

This is a wonderful gesture in a gift of a non-competitive fun item from the developers. Hopefully in due time, all the players of the different stages of Epic Duel will have something as an appreciation for being part of and supporting a past stage in development of this game.

It will be interesting when all 4 servers will go Full. I think it will be very soon.

Thank You Epic Duel Staff.

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 2/23/2012 1:29:26 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
2/23/2012 2:24:22   
Goony
Constructive!

Hmm, will the heartbreaker missions go rare or are they a permanent part of the storyline?

Founder bike ehh...

< Message edited by Goony -- 2/23/2012 6:08:14 >

In Epic Duel,
success is not final,
failure is not fatal
and it is the courage to continue that counts!
Epic  Post #: 52
2/23/2012 2:25:46   
Shadow Jester

Ooh Goony and JZaanu and Angels ;D
/waves from far distance then turns around frowning that I miss them

Ah founder. Nice

< Message edited by Shadow Jester -- 2/23/2012 2:37:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 53
2/23/2012 3:18:37   
wario the great

woot. another bike to my collection

The Real Zeal! xD
Once A Mage Always A Mage: Zeal Overlord My Character Page! xD
My Youtube Channel! xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
2/23/2012 3:27:05   
drinde

Yay, Broken items. :3

The Founders get to get a new bike, which is good too.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 55
2/23/2012 3:51:27   
King FrostLich

What about the low levels trying to defeat Administrator 11? They'll never get the heartcracker achievement.
Epic  Post #: 56
2/23/2012 4:54:37   
rene196

@King Frostlich

Indeed,im strugling with this.
It`s near impossible for low lvls.
AQW Epic  Post #: 57
2/23/2012 5:53:08   
SouL Prisoner

ya , nice . everything for "founders" as if after beta the game is running for free ,other player who upgraded , were not needed or some way useless???
its noy lyk once players supported the game , when it needed , so they keep gifting them !! (once they did , now move on )

its only matter of time , some people came to know about the game b4 and some later , "but whoever upgraded has some or other way HELPED the game , its not lyk AE doesn't need any more "cash to run the game , then y aren't the other varium players not GIFTED???????? ( not asking for free varium or bike , they can at least give a "achievement" that wot cost them , would it?)

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
2/23/2012 6:32:37   
8x

Devs could also make Beta Bike and put it in shop for all beta testers. (And sell it for 10k credits, so it's not free)
Epic  Post #: 59
2/23/2012 7:07:06   
Calogero

@Frostlich

that's because missions have level requirements.
If I remember correctly, the mission to beat Admin 11 for the Heart bomb or whatever is lvl 25.

also if founders complain now that they deserve more then you are greedy.
You allready recieved more than you deserve anyway

< Message edited by andy123 -- 2/23/2012 7:08:11 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
2/23/2012 7:37:18   
Oba

If you guys look at... AQW for an example. Does Founders get a new pet each year. On HS, Founders recently got a new sword. Founder perks is a part of AE now, it seems, and I like it
If you guys not can let us get a bike, which have no effect in-battle, then it is you who are greedy and selfish. Alpha testers for that matter, should get something extra EXTRA, and same with Elites. But as for Beta testers... meh..

< Message edited by playarn -- 2/23/2012 14:41:48 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 61
2/23/2012 7:45:28   
Fay Beeee

Well I think it is very nice of them.

I wasn't expecting anything.
I didn't ask for anything.
It DOES NOT affect game play.

There are not as many of us to get it as you might think. Just a very nice gesture.

So once again. Thank you very much.

Epic  Post #: 62
2/23/2012 8:20:09   
Santa ClawZz

This Founder Bike that you speaketh of...Ultra Rare? If yes, why thank you Mr. "Whoever's idea it was".
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
2/23/2012 8:29:34   
Minus123

I'm a from beta and I don't mind founders getting something, as long as it doesn't give any advantage in battle.

@soulprisner

I disagree, founders were the first to support the game and the staff just wanted to show their appreciation, we were just lucky enough that it wasn't an op armor or something.

Post #: 64
2/23/2012 9:39:09   
Mr. Black OP

So when will it come out?
Epic  Post #: 65
2/23/2012 9:48:39   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@Z man 2, the team generally aims for Friday around 6pm EST, however delays may occur so it might be a little later depending how they get on :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
2/23/2012 9:50:40   
Mr. Black OP

Oh ok thank you.
Looking forward to the bike.
Epic  Post #: 67
2/23/2012 10:17:19   
CarePenguin

Congrats to all Founders and Elite players!

I'll second Fay Beeee on this, it is a very nice gesture of the developers, and it shows they care.

BTW, I am not a Founder or Elite player, and I came to this game late.
Post #: 68
2/23/2012 11:42:39   
Ranloth
Banned

*sigh*

It starts to surprise me how I can see some negativity on Forum and Twitter about Founder Bike.. playarn explained it in best way *which I forgot to add in yesterday's post* and if you wanna know, it isn't in all AE games but AQW, HS and ED only. There might be special rewards in other games like 10yrs anniversary (AQ this year), but Founders and Elite were the first ones to actually support the game and help it maintain financial stability which is very important if the business is starting up - it's either survive or die.
Yeah surely Beta onwards might've supported the game but if the game maintains financial stability early in the stages of the game, players do get rewarded for it (Elite and Founder in this case). If more people started to pay, it's helped ED as they might have more funds to recruit someone *if not volunteers even* new to the Team over the time. Bike is a bike, it doesn't do anything but look cool while outside of the battle - is it really that bad gift? It's free, doesn't affect battles, affects very small minority of players - surely there's nothing bad in this? Yes my main character is a Founder but rest was made in Gamma and Delta + my main bought recently a Bike and now free one so I simply lost 15K (if I sell it).
Angels said that we got something we don't even want - surely it's a gift, so hard to appreciate a free gift? It's not like in real life, you'd say no because you don't like it. It's like no one is forcing anyone to buy it.

Also what AQW does *I seen few mentions here* is not being "Founder" every year in October but it's Upholders. It's commemorating AQW's birthday.
If you wonder, on 28/2 or 1/3 is ED's anniversary so it's like birthday but AQW is really different; dress-up game + story vs. PvP.. and that's why minority of players get the gift for supporting ED at that time when they needed money. Also if Founder gifts might be done every year, it says nowhere it must be a big gift. Yes Bike this year, but next year it might be perhaps a house item? Even though not many players have houses, and so on.
AQ Epic  Post #: 69
2/23/2012 11:51:51   
Stabilis

I'm just going to say this for the founder debate:

I myself and probably all of the staff appreciates every single player equally. Everyone who had came onto ED increased it's popularity in their own way. So thank you.

That is all.
AQ Epic  Post #: 70
2/23/2012 13:15:11   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I think people have covered this well already, but I'd like to add this from the position as a member of Staff. We appreciate each and every player, whether you have paid, or not, whether you play every minute of every day, or don't, and whether you have the highest amount of wins out of everyone, or don't, we care about every single player equally. Without Founders and Elites though, this game wouldn't still be here for anyone to play, so in a way, everyone complaining because they aren't a founder, and 'it isn't fair', you should be thanking them in a way, because without them, you would have never been able to play this game.
The bike will not help in battle, it is aesthetic only and of course, as normal, makes you travel around faster. This reward is to show our appreciation to those who supported us when this game could have gone anywhere, and they've stuck with us all this time, up to now, and we feel that deserves some recognition.
We introduce content that is available for all players every release, and I think it's fair for part of this one release to be dedicated to those who have been our longest supporters, and for them to get a token of appreciation to show we still are very grateful for what them.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
2/23/2012 13:31:09   
Remorse

^
That is all well and good, And I am glad they are getting rewarded.

But if you consider the exclusion here.

So the founder and elites have supported the game way back then to keep it running and I am truly grateful that does deserve a rewarded,

And they got many, and it seems them getting rewards has no end?

While the players who are supporting the game now, are excluded.

The game didnt colapse and thats great!

But what if everyone suddenly stopped supporting it now? Wouldnt that means the game will colapse??
Surely there isnt that much diffrence.

Im not saying founder and elites shouldnt get anything I think they are indeed worthy of a reward But at the cost of slapping the supporters now in the face?

Why not reward everyone who has supportred the game WHICH include founders and elites , founders and elites have already got MANY distictions to prove that they should get more rewards due to there date of purchase and they have already recicved many and I think its passed that point and up to the point where if you gonna reward players for support you reward everyone.

Many founders/elites no longer support the game and many new players have supported the game both in higher amounts and time then many of the founder/elites and they somehow deserve nothing?

I think the exclusion is enough.
And Im sorry if this seems slefish but this is how I feel.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/23/2012 13:33:13 >
Epic  Post #: 72
2/23/2012 13:35:21   
Stabilis

What if...

Inventory was made to be unlimited?!

Will you be ecstatic? If we refunded inventory purchases 100%, and gave everyone extra inventory (you can buy more gear).

The biggest present in all of ED!!!

And yes I am on pills as I text this.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 2/23/2012 13:41:24 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 73
2/23/2012 13:39:48   
IsaiahtheMage

People they are getting a free bike. That's all because they paid for the game first. If it wasn't for them the game would not exist sure you guys who support the game today help a lot too but the very first players deserve something special. Due to the fact you couldn't continue to support a game today if it didn't exist thanks to elites and founders! It's just a free tricked-out bike! That's all. Gee get over it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 74
2/23/2012 13:40:11   
Remorse

@deppresed
Aparantly (From what I recall being said before, not trying to prove I know stuff about coding)

Inventory takes up space in the servers, so each invenotry slot people have is taking up space in the servers. Hence why It cannot be unlimited and why there is a cost of getting more.

@Isia

I dont see why everyone has to play the "if they didnt support then there would be no game now" card because if everyone suddenly stopped supporting now it would be in the same mess.
And Im not complaining I just think everyone who has supported deserves something because ultimately the founder and elites have done nothing diffrent to everyone else who has supported except they did it earlier AND have been rewarded MANY times already for that.
Is it ever gonna have a turning point where all supporters are thanked?
Or in 10 years time founder and elites gonna have stock piled $1000 worth of varium gear and rewards....

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/23/2012 13:45:32 >
Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!
Page 3 of 18«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition