Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Feb 29th Design Notes - Leap Day

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 29th Design Notes - Leap Day
Page 2 of 10«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/29/2012 15:28:40   
Santa ClawZz

@Lycus

So yeah, Legion won because of $$, not because your so called plans were neutral. Some of the developers were even rooting for Exile and re-tweeting videos made to call out Exiles.
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
2/29/2012 15:33:29   
Hun Kingq

So what will be the new promo pack?

I have noticed a lot of high level tech Mages not using malfunction or Assimilation, one told me they are wasted skills but how can they improve the skills if they are not used in battle for them to get the data from the battle tracker to improve those skills.

I have used the physical connecting skills especially on Cyber Hunters to show them how ridiculously high that class and the Bounty Hunter Class blocking is and the Tact Mercs class comes in close second.

That the Blood Mage Class skills are not that powerful unless the stats are through the roof and the opponent has very low defense or resistance. For us that did not come until after Beta we did not have the opportunity of getting the no requirement Beta or Alpha weapons with 10 enhancements each and to add if they have the Founder Armor that is 10 enhancement slots so 30 to 40 enhancement slots, while the rest of us has to be punished with requirements, sometimes insanely high requirements, on the weapons we use. If a weapons from Primary to Aux are allowed to have enhancement slots then they too should have requirements.

Any player that does not have those past no requirement 10 enhancement slot gear should be calling for requirements on that gear as well because all of you always calling for balance and fairness weapons and gear should not be exempt.
Epic  Post #: 27
2/29/2012 15:35:11   
Bu Kek Siansu

So, I have to buy the 10,000 VARIUM PACKAGE with the Azrael's Curse Mutating Weapon and Azrael's Borg right now before they go Rare. :)

I have enough Artix Points for at least the next 2 promos. :p

Happy Leap Day, guys and gals! :D
Post #: 28
2/29/2012 15:35:36   
Calogero

quote:

The reason why that happened, is because that's how the story line was planned to go, the game isn't biased towards any side, if it was biased to Exiles, they would have been made to win the war, but they didn't

quote:

And the forums are the easiest way for us to read what players think, Twitter is just the easiest thing for the Devs to check when they are busy working,

You know Maybe Legion shouldn't pay/farm at all seeing whatever Legion does, we get the lower end of the stick ( that lower end being the Location owned )
Hell, We all know the game is Exile Biased, if I remember Correctly, in a Live chat of Charfade, She was even Suggesting ( Joking or not it's still suggesting )
IF Exiles won, they'd all get 1000 varium, I don't even remember if You were in that chat aswell... If that isn't Exile Biased, then do tell me what is.

The forums are Just as easy to use as Twitter, the only thing that takes time is if You want to add your own special color/font/size or add a Quote
IMO If a dev has time to answer on Twitter, he shure as hell has time to answer on the forums

< Message edited by andy123 -- 2/29/2012 15:42:48 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
2/29/2012 15:50:18   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Andy: How do they get the lower end of the stick? They are the only side out of the two to actually have a location captured, whether it's a good location or not in your location.

Yes I was in the Livestream, and of course Charfade was routing for Exiles, she runs an Exile faction, I also am part of an Exile faction, but at the same time, there are also a lot of members of staff in Legion factions, who would have been routing for Legion. I'd also like to point out Exile were a few million points behind when Charfade said this, and it was near impossible for Exiles to ever catch up, so it was obvious she was joking, and straight after, she even said she was, and that wasn't going to happen.

On twitter they get a lot less abuse than on here, and the amount of abuse they have received from here right from the merge has been huge, who can blame them for not wanting to interact here, especially when last time Titan took the time to come and talk on here, he got a number of rude messages, and many complaints when he didn't have the time to answer certain peoples questions. This is why we're here to give you exactly the same information as the Developers would, and it also gives them more time to work on the release, you also can not argue that navigating twitter is the same speed as navigating these forums, because Twitter is a social networking site, it's made to be quick and easy to use, it is certainly much easier to flick on to that and reply to a few tweets than it is on here!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/29/2012 15:57:04   
Algorithm

@Lycus, even if it's easier for the developers to use twitter to communicate with us we have an official forum for a reason. We recently had a leader board glitch, and I see on twitter where they told us their progress of the bug. Is it really that hard to do this on the forums? If i'm playing a game, the first thing I go to if I notice a problem is their forums, not the developers individual twitter accounts or the games facebook page. I've seen them post about an issue before, for instance this Post. There should be no excuses for this, whats the point of having a forum if the devs can't even alert us of bugs (Pertaining to the leader board glitch that happened recently) in it?

Edit: Just to stop any confusion here's the Post where RabbleFroth tells us the bug will be resolved later on, but where was it stated in the bugs section about the progress of the bug, they did a great job alerting us of the status on twitter.

< Message edited by Algorithm -- 2/29/2012 16:05:50 >
Post #: 31
2/29/2012 15:58:35   
Santa ClawZz

@Lycus

Facts time. Charfade's livestream, January 2nd 2012. Frysteland War's end, January 25th 2012. That's 23 days to catch up AND with a very famous developer's go along with some retweets, a lot of "players" or newbies would follow Exile. That's not an actual one-siding from her as Developer because both sides were equal, but from her reputation and fame, many would follow her.

Nightwraith's twitter had a video re-tweeted made from G00NY to help out the Exiles...twice I think. I'm only speaking of developers here because they are the most important ones. I would not like to start on Illuminator, you or any other moderator/tester/AK that was rooting for Exile.

Exile had all this MORAL help and yet Legion won. No, the war was not neutral, it was Exile biased.

< Message edited by Santa ClawZz -- 2/29/2012 16:00:40 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
2/29/2012 16:44:47   
Fay Beeee

@Algorithm no offence here, but that was all in the past and done with now. Look to the future:) Enjoy the moment or you might miss something good.

Epic  Post #: 33
2/29/2012 16:50:17   
Algorithm

^Even if it was the past, who's to say an issue similar to that won't happen again? I posted after the incident anyways, this post was made for the sole purpose of getting the developers to inform us here as well so that if something like this were to happen again in the feature I wouldn't need to check their individual twitter accounts or the game's facebook.

< Message edited by Algorithm -- 2/29/2012 17:05:38 >
Post #: 34
2/29/2012 16:54:12   
Ranloth
Banned

@Algo
What Fay is trying to do is to calm people down and try not to be negative 99.99% of the time as I see pretty much same people arguing/trolling about smallest change. It's really tiring, what's the problem with new seasonal promo that is same as last year's? That current is going rare? It'd anyway sometime soon.
If Communication - Lycus gave the reason why Devs (NW/Titan) don't go on anymore but some of us, members, are active on Twitter and post Staff's tweet on Forum so you guys know. Making account isn't hard, but if you don't wanna then members post the tweets for you.
I don't see many other AE Staff posting on forum, does that mean they don't communicate at all?
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
2/29/2012 16:58:26   
Algorithm

^I read what he said, but as I said in a previous post when I play a game the first place I go when I have an issue is the forums. They won't get harassed for giving us updates on a bug like that in the bugs section lol.

< Message edited by Algorithm -- 2/29/2012 16:59:28 >
Post #: 36
2/29/2012 17:01:04   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

I had parts of the heartbreaker story arc written before the Frysteland war was finished, so I needed a story that would work no matter who won. I don't have a preference toward one side or the other, but what I feel is a good story.
Post #: 37
2/29/2012 17:29:01   
Sparticus

quote:

indicating that the fly is self-medicating with ethanol.

That's not news, I been doing that for years.

What other TM high level buffs/nerfs are on the horizon? Inquiring minds want to know, especially before we self-medicate.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
2/29/2012 17:42:46   
Lycus

I do like how people are sat here complaining about staff not making it on here and instead using Twitter and Facebook. At the same time, you're demonstrating the exact reason why they don't come on here often. I tell you the facts, you tell me I'm wrong, it's exactly the same as if the Devs were here, they'd tell you exactly how things were, and you tell they're wrong. It's happened so many times before, and it still happens, yet you still don't get the idea. Many members on this forum don't treat Forum AK's or Mods with respect, many tell them that they are wrong, when they are just stating the facts, some even send them abusive PM's or post in a derogatory manor. If that's how you treat the forum staff, then I really do not blame the Devs from not wanting to intervene.

If you look at how this just went, I stated that:
Fact: The staff are not biased towards any side, it's just how the story line goes, Legion won the war fair and square, if the staff were biased, they didn't do a very good job of it. We run the game, if we really wanted one side to win, then they would have won, simple as that.
Fact: Buying a package every time there is a new promo is no compulsory, it is your choice, if you don't want it, then you don't have to get it. If you want all the latest items, then that is also your choice, we release them as an added bonus with the package, so you get something extra for your money, if you don't want that, then don't buy it.
Fact: When Charfade mentioned the whole Exile thing, she made it ever so clear it was just a joke, if you took it seriously, or want to take it seriously, then I advise strongly that you go to your local store and buy a sense of humor, because the context it was in really couldn't have made it any more obvious it wasn't meant seriously.
Fact: Last time the Devs tried to be active here, they just got spammed with questions, insults and flaming, when they couldn't answer every ones questions, they then got flamed more. Do you really think they enjoy going through that experience, and they want to be put through it over and over again? Because I don't think so.

Now each of those points, I have laid out exactly how they are, those are not opinions, they are facts, they can be argued, but no amount of arguing is going to change them at all. Cinderella is a Dev, she is in charge of Public Relations, and she does an amazing job of keeping everyone up to date, Ashari also tries very hard to do this, and Charfade always pops on when she has the time. We all have direct contact with each member of staff, so what we tell you will be precisely how it is, nothing else. Arguing with that is like me saying 'Planes can fly', and you arguing that I am completely wrong, when it obviously is true. The problem I have is it's always the same people every single time, a lot of the forum have learnt that we try our hardest to inform you, when we know about something, we'll post it here. That's why the bug process on the whole 'saving start position in home' bug was shared on here, not on twitter. Other bugs aren't usually as big as that, and they just get included on twitter, and then that is usually posted on here in this discussion or the staff information topic. What is said here is read by us, staff, while the Devs make the game. We pass information from the Devs to you, and from you to the Devs. You do have a direct link to the Devs, yet you insist that you don't. Over the past few months, no end of forum suggestions have been put in, many of the releases players have been saying how brilliant they are and that we're finally listening. Coincidentally, that just happened to be the time when the least flaming and arguing with staff went on, and the most constructive feedback was given. Now we're wandering back into the old realms of nonproductiveness, where you'll happily blame us for all the mistakes, when we've proven the onus is on you to behave. You behave, give good feedback respectively, we read more, we pass on more, more forum ideas used. It's as simple as that, by the way, that also was a 'Fact:', so don't even try arguing with it, because all the facts back up that fact, and once again, you'll be backing up everything I stated in this post, so before replying with the usual, I'd think about what you're typing.

Thank you!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
2/29/2012 17:51:10   
zach30005

quote:

Due to the overwhelming popularity of PvP drops, we’re planning to add 50 more broken items! These broken items can be fixed by Ulysses for a mere fraction of the original varium cost, and these new weapons go all the way up to level 33!

Does this mean that lvl 34s can't receive broken items as drops? Because i can't always afford to buy varium weapons and it would be nice to receive some.

P.S. I don't understand why some people in these forums argue just for the sake of arguing. I came to the forums to get an answer to a burning question i had, instead i get a very polite and very right Lycus arguing agianst a few of you who are just trolling this post for no reason.

< Message edited by zach30005 -- 2/29/2012 17:57:58 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
2/29/2012 17:52:56   
Lycus

@Zach: No, it means that the highest level weapons you can win are level 33 :) at level 34 you can receive any weapon, but nothing higher than level 33!

Edit: There will be one level 34 gun drop in this next release!

< Message edited by Lycus -- 2/29/2012 17:54:21 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
2/29/2012 17:59:12   
zach30005

Thank you i feel very stupid now....... :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
2/29/2012 18:09:16   
Goony
Constructive!

@ Santa, strangely the retweeted video (once by Charfade and Nightwraith) had less views than the one that Barney and Illuminator liked... The social networks do a lot to promote the game and are a place where gamers can post free from the constraints of AEF, please don't make the devs feel that it is wrong to retweet something that might benefit the community as a whole.

As far as the support shown by the staff for Exiles, human nature dictates that empathy often rests with the underdog... Many movies use that in the storyline and the timing of the tweets was when Exile was losing... All I can say is don't call the team out on bias when there has only been one event that Legion won convicingly ;)

Sorry to do this Cindy, but:
quote:

The balance changes for low-level Tech Mages seemed to work really well
Have you been self medicating? There is still an issue with defence ignoring, debuffs and criticals skills that skew the balance against level 1-5 Tech Mages.

Yeast and sugar based medicine rulz :)
Epic  Post #: 43
2/29/2012 18:09:44   
One Winged Angel1357

@Lycus not to mention most Promo's are only better by +1 modifier on average and in most cases they are just a different set up of the last promo's stats(higher level promos and the April fools Day zookas excluded).
Other then that you make completely valid points but I do wish I saw the Devs post here for that short while it would have been interesting to read what they had to say.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
2/29/2012 18:13:16   
Calogero

Fact its, There are always gonna Be Haters and Lovers, Deal with it. That doesn't give them the right to pretty much Abandon the forums just to avoid the haters.
From where I am, Respect is earned, not given. Nor being a Dev nor an AK nor anyone gets respect for free, You earn it. If that seems to hurt anyone's feelings, well that's what the truth's
suppost to do. It hurts.

Fact: Legion won yet they are betraying eachother all of the sudden. Next to that Flag we apparently ' earned ' winning the war did more bad than good.

Fact: If you have read my post, You would have clearly seen that I said "Joke or No joke, it's been said".
again something I learned growing up, Before you say anything, Think Twice before saying it.

Fact: As I said above, there are Lovers and Haters. They are devs for a reason, if one insults, give them an official warning
or a Ban. The way they act now is like they are Childeren being bullied in school and now they don't dare going to school.

< Message edited by andy123 -- 2/29/2012 18:21:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
2/29/2012 18:20:26   
One Winged Angel1357

@Andy if you read Smackie's topic about the story line you will see both Bigtuna's plan for Descarl to take over Delta V and Cindy's comment about how I explained why the Legion would be turning on Descarl.

If you haven't you can read it here.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
2/29/2012 18:25:15   
Ranloth
Banned

Nice one andy, show more examples as of why to avoid the Forum and I can make a guide on it! c:
But no, zach is right. Get over it. They don't go on Forum so? Can't you accept the reasons given above which are as good as going on Forum? On Twitter I had my questions replied by Titan or NW themselves few times. Would I on forum? No because it'd take too long (too many questions/complaints).
Devs go on Forum instead and answer our questions, where's the problem? I don't see Galanoth/Hollow posting a lot in AQ while former was Head of AQ and now Hollow is one. I don't see Artix posting a lot either yet he's head of AE, lolwhut? Running away from the haters but communicate through social websites? Want the reasons? They are above and creating an account won't kill you. If it will then tough, there's Staff Information Thread where users of Twitter post Tweets from Devs, I can see Fay doing it a lot just to be nice and let the community know. Where's the problem? They don't go on Forum yet address almost every issue players ask them via Twitter/FB?

Stop trolling the Forum, I haven't seen a single DN without anyone arguing over one thing - this time it's a simple promo + Titan/NW communicating over social networting (and all Devs, whilst going on forum too).
AQ Epic  Post #: 47
2/29/2012 18:36:44   
Stabilis

quote:

From where I am, Respect is earned, not given. Nor being a Dev nor an AK nor anyone gets respect for free, You earn it. If that seems to hurt anyone's feelings, well that's what the truth's suppost to do. It hurts.

I was OK with your posting until this ^.

Respect- Acknowledgement, dignity, admiration... of the human character.

Now, you can take away your affinity for any person, but you cannot take away someone's dignity or freedom. Respect is related to freedom. Without respect, what does it matter what choices you have to make? Without freedom, why should you acknowledge anyone but yourself?

Tag me as a devout to religion, but even if religion means having no gods before you or believing in the Big Bang and all relativism, there is always a set ruling we humans go by. There is natural law, in accordance to religion and science.

And from these laws we fathom, we have generated human rights.

UNIVERSAL HUMAN RIGHTS... ACROSS THE ENTIRE GLOBE...

AND GUESS WHAT THE FIRST DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS IS?!

quote:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

I don't really interest in how ugly you are, how stupid you are, or how poor you are, but if you had a normal human conscience, you would know that each human being is antonymous of their own being, and with normal human morality, we have come to respect anyone... for everything!

You do not lack respect ever!

AQ Epic  Post #: 48
2/29/2012 18:41:34   
Algorithm

The old EDF wasn't like this at all lol, amazing how things have changed :P.
Post #: 49
2/29/2012 19:07:23   
IsaiahtheMage

Another typical arguement already. Oh well I'm use to it not one DN thread so far has not contained any arguements. Anyway this seems ok I guess though it appears all that is happening is a new promo and nothing else?
@Andy123 That is discouraging them from posting on the forums even more by flaming them. So you should really stop dude.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 2/29/2012 19:08:30 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 29th Design Notes - Leap Day
Page 2 of 10«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition