Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 25 of 30«<2324252627>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/10/2012 20:58:08   
Arevero

Cyber lv31 builds :D

Thing is what type you want, 1v1/2v2, tank,dex,tech,str etc.
Then your weps(ENH) or not, then rayniedays56 should get an idea of what build by then.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 601
4/10/2012 20:59:22   
ScarletReaper

Static charge is fine the way it is to me. in a long battle I still manage a good 3 heals before I get to where I don't get enough back anymore. Honestly, I feel like ch and tlm have good balance. The problem is bm and tm are overpowered, and bh and merc are a little underpowered. They should nerf/buff these classes and leave ch and tlm alone.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 602
4/10/2012 21:03:50   
Mr. Black OP

^
Agreed, to nerf strength bm have assimilate instead of bezerker, make fireball have a 1 turn warm up or a 3 turn cool down.

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 4/10/2012 23:37:45 >

Epic  Post #: 603
4/10/2012 21:05:20   
Stabilis

I can't do Strength anymore with Cyber Hunters, even if I get 18 energy per charge, there is a good chance that I am blocked due to accuracy, and also a shorter lifeline due to the lack of Dexterity/Technology, and Blood Mages rampage through me as soon as rage is acquired.

Plasma Armour is ignored at rage, and the requirements really take away the freedom to defend from Physical when Technology is incredibly required.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 4/10/2012 21:09:19 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 604
4/10/2012 21:06:27   
ScarletReaper

That would help a lot. Also I know they are going to nerf tm. Now we just need buff for merc and bh. That rage gain skill didn't really help them much at all.

< Message edited by ScarletReaper -- 4/10/2012 21:07:24 >

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 605
4/10/2012 21:13:05   
Sipping Cider

I agree with scarlet reapers veiw on current class power, although bm is not that bad. The only reason why bm seems OP right now is becuase so many varium players ise that class right now. When you actually compare how much you lose to the compared to how much you fight them, it is practically no different than fighting tons of cyber hunters. I can not say that much about bh as I am not experienced with this class nor do I fight this class very often. Mercenaries are struggling as a class over all (I have yet to lose to one since I became one) although I have managed to stay competitive with the class. Caster tech mages are decent, although any other build is pretty beatable. Cyber Hunter and Tactical mercenary are perfect, although games slow down sooooooo much against these classes.
Epic  Post #: 606
4/10/2012 22:06:36   
Arevero

The constant class-switching between players choosing the latest OP class has been done over and over again. I think i have posted this before but the day CH was buffed, waves of Famous players and others switched to it, then when CH was nerfed, it was vice-versa, i checked up some peoples char page who USED to be a CH, then they were TM. Really guys do it for the fun, no point wasting your var just to get the next 'OP' class for good outcomes. Perhaps if this continues a penalty should be set up, say a if you change class you cannot change again in 2 or 3 months. But that will make ED less fun.

So Scarlet and Sun's view is indeed correct, it's probably the constant PvP against those classes that makes it seem OP, not the constant build. But BM is an exception along with TM, mercs won't stand a chance against those 2 classes. Either they get nerfed, or all other classes gets buffed.

And one more thing, STATIC needs to be saved. From 55% down to 29% all these times is just hell of a nerf. Expecting a change in us CH in this week's release hopefully.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 607
4/10/2012 23:13:37   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Assimilation is a very powerful skill and I feel like everyone suggesting it as a replacement is highly misunderestimating it. Every time I fight a CH with my TM build I use Assim after they Malf. Never have they returned enough energy to Massacre from a simple 8 energy drain. This is mainly because they made their builds so they can get just barely enough energy back to use a Massacre. I'd say that 60% of the builds at high level have energy levels at exact values where even one point taken away will destroy them, 20% require to take away at least 4+, 5% require between 5-13 energy required to drain, and 15% are the CHs,TMs, and TLMs who have low energy and rely on SC and RR to get the energy they need. I have wiped out countless CHs by Assimilation and physical damage barrage. Several other builds have fallen pray to me because of Assimilation. Some TMs and TLMs have fallen to Assimilation but rarely. Assimilation is not a skill to be taken so lightly, especially to those lacking Reroute and have strict energy builds. You will often lose the energy to heal or to finish off the opponent with your ace skill so be careful what you wish for.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 608
4/10/2012 23:30:39   
Mr. Black OP

^
Mine has 3-4 extra energy needed to mass so low level assimilates won't hurt but if I was it by a high level one I am able to go 10+ rounds easily (with still a decent shot to win) with my build.
Those reasons are the reason why it should be on the BMs tree, it would make them more tactical and allow builds other than strength builds to be effective.
Epic  Post #: 609
4/11/2012 0:08:13   
drinde

Hmm. CH STR Nerf:

Static Charge does 0 Damage, and regains 45% from each hit.

Also, STR Requirement on Reroute is meant to stop the Plasma x2ers.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 610
4/11/2012 0:12:14   
Mr. Black OP

^
That would make SC an energy booster.
Epic  Post #: 611
4/11/2012 0:12:56   
drinde

Exactly what it was meant to be in the first place, no?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 612
4/11/2012 0:41:46   
Joe10112

@^: Nope. Was supposed to be a way of gaining back energy while hitting your opponent for damage.

I still like my reduce cooldown to 1 turn and buff slightly back up to like 40% at max or something. Because
a) Right now, +13 EP for me does next-to-nothing. Just 1 EMP grenade or something.
b) blocks. pesky blocks. 1 turn reduced cooldown to counter the pesky blocks
c) 29% way too little. Needs to be buffed by like 10% (4-5 EP if you really think about it). Now I can regain ~17 EP on strike. Reroute will amount to the same thing basically.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 613
4/11/2012 0:47:13   
drinde

The DMG on Static Charge was the reason STR Builds were encouraged, IMO.

Maybe 60% DMG, 40% Regain? Regain ignores Defenses.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 614
4/11/2012 1:04:37   
Rayman
Banned

Just posting all i want for a bh buff:
BloodLust at lvl 7 23% hp regen and at max 26% of course do this when Str BMs get nerfes and max shadows arts can have 6% to connect and 6 % deflect if its possible hut not needed. Also they need to Low the lowest block % to 2% and add to the max block %
10 or 15 more %. Cuzreally got blocked 40 times on 58 fights today by str bms or people with lower dex and i was always with reflex on and smoked them.
AQW Epic  Post #: 615
4/11/2012 1:46:18   
drinde

Naw, BHs are balanced as can be, its only compared to certain atrocious builds that they seem weak.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 616
4/11/2012 2:02:56   
RageSoul

Seriously , remove the Block and Deflect minimums and buff BH and Merc to be in par to the other stronger classes . Why ? Well , let's see... i already said why remove those minimums , and i wonder why is it that it'll be bad to buff BH and Merc , i mean look at what these classes have that make them good compared to others :

BH - Smoke Screen , Blood Lust , Massacre , EMP Grenade , Reflex Boost , Cheap Shot
Merc - Bunker Buster , Surgical Strike , HA , Atom Smasher
BM - Berzerker , Fireball , DA , Blood Lust , RB , ES , Plasma Cannon
CH - PA , SC , EMP Grenade , Massacre , Malf , DM , Cheap Shot
TLM - Toxic Grenade , MA , Surgical Strike , Reroute , Atom Smasher , Frenzy
TM - Plasma Bolt , Plasma Rain , Bludgeon , Malf , Reroute , Supercharge , DA , Assimilation , DM , Technician

I listed the ones that really benefit them.
Now look at that .... BH affects a stat that's heavily luck-based , while Merc has ... um ... ALMOST NOTHING !!!( not flaming ) BM has Fire-Zerk combo that the only time it sucks it's when you block the Zerk and its strike , CH has SC to cover up their lack of 100% working passive , TLM can kill Tank-like builds thanks to Toxic Grenade , while TM has their Caster Build that definitely has a nearly-effortless strategy requirement compared to the STR BH builds .

AQW Epic  Post #: 617
4/11/2012 2:25:49   
Joe10112

I honestly don't see why BH are that bad. Just like last week, my old build was getting demolished by STR BH 2-3 levels below me. It was embarassing.

Really-Smoke + massacre build, reflex boost to counter smokes, E. Shield for more defense, EMP is handy...why are BH so UP?

As for Mercs, I tend to beat them anyhow. Mainly I think because they don't Rage Bunker. Usually they Bunker - Zerker - strike/etc..., and I'm left with like 40 HP to take out their 10 dmg attacks, I can get them to like 40 hp by then and massacre and win. Mercs might need slight buff.

And for CH and BM, I think I've stated many times:

Ideas:
SC cooldown reduced to 1, buff only slightly %-wise
SC cooldown stays at 2, buff % heavily. AT LEAST back to normal
PA -> Technician AND SWAP SA -> DA from BM, and change up SA so that it also gives a passive bonus chance to connect.

Main thing about STR BM is the fact that they have Blood Lust. Seriously. Fireball gives back insane HP, don't even talk about Zerker. Those two hit, you're looking at AT LEAST a 20 HP increase = 1 strike. So basically they get a free Gun (increased by DA) attack on you. Which is at least 30 damage usually.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 618
4/11/2012 2:29:12   
RageSoul

@Joe
Only STR and 5 Focus are the super effective ones , the rest of the other classes' builds are better .

< Message edited by Lord Aegis -- 4/11/2012 2:38:41 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 619
4/11/2012 2:54:15   
Arevero

Just wait and see what happens this week's release, if something is still not done from our discussions, then something is goin on(WRONG) in the BT. Either Cyber/BM gets a change, or both gets a change, NO MORE WAITING PLS. So far i have already lost over 100 battles under BMs, and CH build has been put off for a while already.

Other than that, another problem is INTERNET DISCONNECTION problems or BROWSER CONNECTION LOST. The Disconnection(DC) is fine, but the problem is i get a loss streak on my record when my PC DCs. It is a real problem for me since it happened more than a few times now. Every time i am abotu to win, it DCs, and suddenly a loss-streak appears when i log back on after the disconnection. I am not sure if this is the thread to post it, but just to make the Devs notice this issue.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 620
4/11/2012 20:54:05   
ScarletReaper

I reeeeaaaaallllyyyyy don't think they need to mess with ch. As I said, ch and tlm are pretty well ballanced. The problem is the super UP mercs, and OP tm and strength bm. If they fix these classes you will find that ch's are not OP, and do not need a buff to static. With a halfway decent build it returns plenty.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 621
4/11/2012 21:49:06   
JohnMenzies

There are three obvious changes that should be made to Blood Mages.

Return Technician, in exchange for Energy Shield.
Make Blood Lust stack with Super Charge.
Give Blood Mages a new version of EMP Grenade which increases with Support, possibly replacing Intimidate or Berzerker.
Epic  Post #: 622
4/11/2012 21:50:42   
Mr. Black OP

^
Bezerker for the 3rd one, they might be able to make a decent support build then, with reflex, intimidate, emp, and DA.
Epic  Post #: 623
4/11/2012 21:55:11   
JohnMenzies

@Zman
Well at least it will give more variety.
Epic  Post #: 624
4/11/2012 22:22:16   
Stabilis

Blood Mage should be more balanced with Intimidate or the Support counterpart rather than Smokescreen or Malfunction, yes, I do agree.
AQ Epic  Post #: 625
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 25 of 30«<2324252627>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition