Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= May 1st Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 1st Design Notes
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/4/2012 23:49:23   
midnight santa

Beta weps enhance is so expenseive dat y high stats. 1700 var x 3 = 5100 var. for enhance!
More variums = more power. Comon sense.
Epic  Post #: 151
5/5/2012 0:29:46   
Hun Kingq

Wrong answer, Alpha and Beta weapons have 10 slots and no requirements, I want a mod or staff to answer why are these the only weapons that are exempt from requirements.

Either take requirements off all weapons from the primaries to the aux or put the requirements in that appropriate place on the weapons that don't have any stat requirements.

No one player or players should have this unfair advantage over others.

That is why with the new armor the classes without passive armors should have gotten +8 defense +8 resistance
Epic  Post #: 152
5/5/2012 0:38:13   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Hun- they're "legacy" items from a specific time period.
Post #: 153
5/5/2012 1:03:41   
rej

quote:

Wrong answer, Alpha and Beta weapons have 10 slots and no requirements, I want a mod or staff to answer why are these the only weapons that are exempt from requirements.

Either take requirements off all weapons from the primaries to the aux or put the requirements in that appropriate place on the weapons that don't have any stat requirements.

No one player or players should have this unfair advantage over others.

That is why with the new armor the classes without passive armors should have gotten +8 defense +8 resistance

^This point is completely irrelevant to the rest of your post, and it is hypocritical to a fault. What happens when the armor goes rare, and people start whining that its massively overcharged? There is nothing wrong with either the Alpha Set or the Beta Set.

< Message edited by rej -- 5/5/2012 1:04:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 154
5/5/2012 1:05:40   
Mdmarvel

They're a "special reward" for those who were with ED from the start bro. . .
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 155
5/5/2012 1:11:54   
rej

quote:

They're a "special reward" for those who were with ED from the start bro. . .

Exactly. So of course they are going to be special, with features like no requirements.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 156
5/5/2012 1:14:05   
RKC

What really makes me sad about the Beta weps is... They improved it when the weapons were useless to the players already... I didnt even had the chance to swing my Beta Brutalizer. It just makes me so sad.

My AnimeList
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 157
5/5/2012 1:21:26   
Hun Kingq

Cinderella, Not a good answer, that means the stun guns will be a "legacy item" for a specific time period as well, will they take off the requirements off those weapons and give them 10 enhancement slots as well as increase the damage potential?

All you are doing is giving an unfair advantage to players with Alpha/Beta weapons over players without those weapons at all levels. When the level cap is raise those players that carry those weapons either equip themselves with all or just two they will be able to have high health and energy and put more into the stat they abuse or into another stat. While the rest of the players are handicapped with both weapon and skill requirements.

When it comes to making things fair and balanced nothing should be exempt.

I respect staff and your response but when I see a Level 31 player able to get high health and high energy with high stats it is not fair to any player especially players of the same level that have weapons with mid to high level requirements.

Epic  Post #: 158
5/5/2012 1:28:03   
khalidon5000

She means Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta time periods.
Epic  Post #: 159
5/5/2012 1:30:55   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@hun There was a reason most low level gear got buffed instead of nerfing Beta Weapons. It's because the Devs do not like nerfing varium gear(or promos) unless they were statted wrong. This is the case in pretty much all AE games. Also, "legacy"=phase gear and/or special status gear(Founder).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 160
5/5/2012 2:12:45   
Hun Kingq

Mdmarvel, take a look at those players inventory they have very little thus not supporting the game anymore so why
reward the players that don't support the game anymore and punish the ones that do. If they were playing from the start,
why are they still Level 31 I even seen a Level 26 with all Beta weapons.Since the Alpha and Beta Weapons are "legacy items"
before the era of enhancements then they should have got no enhancements, make them non sell-able collector items.

If those players do not support the game financially anymore why reward them and punish the ones that do with weapon
requirements?

rej, nothing I write is "completely irrelevant to the rest of your post, and it is hypocritical to a fault" because they are
always talking about making things fair and balance. With the new Armor how is it fair and balanced for a merc with max hybrid
armor to have +11 or +12, depending on health, defense and resistance with the new armor where the ones without the passive
could only have +5 or + 6, depending on the health, defense and resistance. Same thing with the Cyber hunter and tact merc.

If they talk about making things fair and balance then do so and if you are an ethical player you would want the same no matter what class you are.

The ND Mallet Guy, putting requirements on those weapons will not take away the damage potential but will take away the stat abuse potential so it would not be nerfing the weapon.
Those players equip those weapons to give the skills more power to the stat they abuse not for the damage and everyone wants to curtail stat abusing but they want to allow players to go around with weapons without requirements.

khalidon5000, I know what she means, so the gamma bot is an "legacy item" should that get a buff? Any item that will not be offered anymore will become "legacy items," will they get a buff, no requirements, and 10 enhancement slots or if they have 10, then should they get 15 or 20 enhancement slots?
Epic  Post #: 161
5/5/2012 2:14:24   
khalidon5000

No one said they should get 15 or 20 enhancement slots...
How is the armor unfair? Giving classes with no passive armor +8 def and res (which is +16 in total= super op) doesn't make them balanced.
All the other classes have hp regen or ep regen but does that mean Mercenaries should get it?

Yes the armor benefits mercenaries more as it's a split defense armor (the first of it's kind) but it doesn't give more stat points to us then it does to anyone else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some players leave for a while and I don't see an issue with that.
The fact of the matter is that they are FOUNDERS they were among the first to support the game and for doing so they get special perks.

< Message edited by khalidon5000 -- 5/5/2012 2:29:36 >
Epic  Post #: 162
5/5/2012 2:39:53   
Hun Kingq

khalidon5000, you know that defense and resistance are two different things and each gives a different type of protection. You say +16, adding things together to make it seem more than it is is super op, that means + 22 or +24, +22 or +23, is over the top.

So as the Classes without the passives get + 16 or +17, depending on health the ones with passives get +22, +23, or +24, since you want to combine the two, how is that fair?
Epic  Post #: 163
5/5/2012 2:44:43   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@hun There is no way an armor can change stats or defenses for different classes. Mutating items will always have the same stats/defenses regardless of who uses it. I cannot change because all three versions are one item. You change one, you change all.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 164
5/5/2012 2:45:18   
khalidon5000

As they have to put skill points worth 10 levels to get either +11 Res +11 Def or +6 Def & Res depending on their class.
BTW please don't insult my intelligence by asking whether or not I know there is a difference between res and def.
Anyway the armor you are suggesting is still OP as it has +8 in both res and def while other armors are +9 def or res.

< Message edited by khalidon5000 -- 5/5/2012 2:52:11 >
Epic  Post #: 165
5/5/2012 3:09:12   
Hun Kingq

The ND Mallet Guy, in programming anything can be done so if they want to make it +8 defense and resistance for the classes with non-passive it can be done and let that be a new challenge to Titan and the programming team.

khalidon5000, you are the one to added both defense and resistance points together making it seem like it would be such a big jump.
So + 8 is still less than +9 and if a players of the tech mage, blood mage, or bounty hunter wants the armor with +8 on defense and resistance then they could either get the varium package, get enough varium to buy in game. With the increase from +5 to +8 for the non-passive armors classes the demand will go up. The demand goes up, players will do more sponsors, and more sponsors are done the increase in revenue. As you can see it will not only benefit the non-passive armor classes but will help ED make more money and they make more more then the staff will get an early pay raise.
Epic  Post #: 166
5/5/2012 3:15:07   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@hun Saying something can be done in programming does not make it true. It can't be done without reworking the system back to the old outdated form.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 167
5/5/2012 3:24:12   
khalidon5000

With your logic, Hun Kingq, Mercenaries should get HP Regen or EP regen.
Would you like that?
I think not.
There is only a difference of 1 between +9 and +8.
The only reason you rant about this as if what you wanted was implemented it would give blood mages ( along with bh and tm) a armor whichgives +8 def and res.
Stop trying to make your class stronger by asking for changes that will benefit you.
Not once have you asked for something that wouldn't benefit blood mage.

< Message edited by khalidon5000 -- 5/5/2012 3:28:33 >
Epic  Post #: 168
5/5/2012 3:35:05   
Hun Kingq

The ND Mallet Guy, it can be done without reverting back to the old outdated form, just a few simple statements within the programing code of the armor.

khalidon5000, I would like that just fine but energy regain oh let us see, tact mercs, so just become a tact merc, health regain 23% at max I wold love to see mercs wasting skill points in that. That means less points in other areas, like Atom Smasher. You probably with a class that has passive armor and that is why you are against it.

It is called IF, then, and else statements

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 5/5/2012 3:46:39 >
Epic  Post #: 169
5/5/2012 3:37:49   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@hun I have yet to see any code from you illustrating just how easy it is to fix the problem. If you want to claim that something as obviously complex as keeping one item as one thing while giving it 6 different forms(because CHs have Passive armor while BHs do not so you will need to code in all 6 classes, not just Mercs, Mages and Hunters like it is now).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 170
5/5/2012 5:09:54   
King FrostLich

After 5 stupid days of internet problems, it's back so what's new now?
Epic  Post #: 171
5/5/2012 5:52:43   
Calogero

You know Hun, we've had this discussion before...

they way you want it, it's giving the non passive defence classes an unfair advantage by giving them higher Armor defences than those that have...
Then with that logic, those without Energy regain should get higher energy per skill invested
or those that don't have health regain having Higher health regain per Skill invested...

It's not going to happen, Those Alpha Stat abusers are hard but they are definatly not unbeatable.
So please refrain from complaining and just think of a build to beat them...

Also just to add, don't forget you can't win Every battle with a single build.
Blues, an AK/Tester from Mechquest once posted a good quote that imo also
could be used in ED...

No Single build should be able to Rule every other build...

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 172
5/5/2012 6:26:33   
Kosefira

This thread is for discussing the design notes. If you wish to discuss balance issues, there is a thread for it. Now please get back to the topic.
Post #: 173
5/5/2012 6:28:05   
ansh0

@King Lich

We have new moderators, NPC's can now deflect your aux and gun and bunny weapons left.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Epic  Post #: 174
5/5/2012 7:47:30   
Basicball

^the 'buy varium' button moved, and there were some bug fixes and a lot of behind the scenes work as well

i summed it up in the latest EDMU video as well.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 1st Design Notes
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition