Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= May 1st Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 1st Design Notes
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/5/2012 10:29:32   
midnight santa

Dis is best update of all time no joke. lol.
Epic  Post #: 176
5/5/2012 11:19:46   
One Winged Angel1357

First thing first
@ND nice avatar

And now I will sit and wait for the war this is something I have been looking forward too since we lost Frysteland
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 177
5/5/2012 11:29:48   
Basicball

^you better fight for the legion!

#RecruitingEveryoneWeCan
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 178
5/5/2012 12:00:55   
Angels Holocaust

This update makes me wanna cry. Like seriously, they added deflections to npcs and to make matters worse they surprised us by taking away the Easter weapons. Like come on? If you guys weren't ready for an update just wait till next week. This is the everything that can go wrong update.

< Message edited by Angels Holocaust -- 5/5/2012 12:01:04 >

The Dragonfly Horde ate your sig.
Do not use another person's Sig without permission. Otherwise, it could be
seen as impersonation.
Signature Guide
Post #: 179
5/5/2012 12:08:15   
Calogero

come now Holocaust

It may be a ' small ' update, but it's definatly not the worse.

At least it was an ( somewhat buggy ) early release. We also knew it wouldn't be much so we knew that if it got delayed
if it would be worth it staying awake or not.

< Message edited by andy123 -- 5/5/2012 12:10:11 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 180
5/5/2012 12:12:11   
Angels Holocaust

What I'm trying to say is that there were more cons than there were pros to this update. The Devs should've added in some missions or maybe a new weapon to distract us from the cons.
Post #: 181
5/5/2012 12:15:02   
Calogero

imo the only cons of this little release is:

the first bugs
the lack of Design notes ( this includes DN notes to say the bunnies were leaving )

other than that, you can't do much wrong with a little release of bug fixes ( that funny enough made more bugs :p )
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 182
5/5/2012 13:33:12   
rej

quote:

Cinderella, Not a good answer, that means the stun guns will be a "legacy item" for a specific time period as well, will they take off the requirements off those weapons and give them 10 enhancement slots as well as increase the damage potential?

All you are doing is giving an unfair advantage to players with Alpha/Beta weapons over players without those weapons at all levels. When the level cap is raise those players that carry those weapons either equip themselves with all or just two they will be able to have high health and energy and put more into the stat they abuse or into another stat. While the rest of the players are handicapped with both weapon and skill requirements.

When it comes to making things fair and balanced nothing should be exempt.

I respect staff and your response but when I see a Level 31 player able to get high health and high energy with high stats it is not fair to any player especially players of the same level that have weapons with mid to high level requirements.

Oh heavens no. The stun Guns already have superb stats, insane damage, and a 5% chance to stun an opponent every time you use one of them. They are already far superior to the Beta Blaster. Now please stop thinking only of yourself. It is giving me a headache. This attack on the beta items is only an excuse for you to whine that your own items are not good enough.

To get back on topic; I am glad that the "Buy Varium" button is no longer in the inventory panel. I had managed to accidentally click it twice before it was removed.

< Message edited by rej -- 5/5/2012 13:35:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 183
5/5/2012 13:39:33   
King FrostLich

Buy Varium button is still there when you shop on an NPC.
Epic  Post #: 184
5/5/2012 13:42:26   
One Winged Angel1357

@King that makes more sense then in your inventory of course you would buy something from a shop and not from your own personal stash
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 185
5/5/2012 13:57:55   
Master Volcon

Delta Armor got buffed by 1,100 rarity with this update.
:)
AQW Epic  Post #: 186
5/5/2012 14:24:53   
khalidon5000

Sweet, right? ^^^
Epic  Post #: 187
5/5/2012 14:47:17   
Joe10112

Er. Every time I see Fay's Char, I think Fay Beee. And then I realize it...isn't Fay Beee. Too confusing T_T.

Surprising that Midnight Santa has Fay's Avatar. Especially after he called her to use her Mod Powerz to just win moarz and stuff liek dat and r not a gud mod kuz she use mod powerz 2 win eeven moarrr!!1!11!one!.

Anyway, update was a little disappointing. I guess Deflections are now a problem when fighting Cheevo NPCs, because now Rage Gun has a chance to be deflected...ah well. Might as well have a not-much-content update, kuz I got to hunker down and study for school, so this is a good thing for me actually.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 188
5/5/2012 19:17:25   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

Er. Every time I see Fay's Char, I think Fay Beee. And then I realize it...isn't Fay Beee. Too confusing T_T.

Surprising that Midnight Santa has Fay's Avatar.

Angels Holocaust uses it too. :p

I think that Fay Beee needs to use another avatar by using her Custom Avatar ability to prevent any confusion. :)

< Message edited by AVA -- 5/5/2012 19:23:18 >
Post #: 189
5/5/2012 19:30:47   
Joe10112

@^: Totally does. Or remove her avatar from the collection. Angels uses it too, I forgot.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 190
5/5/2012 19:40:15   
Basicball

I don't think she has a custom avy ability
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 191
5/5/2012 19:53:14   
Joe10112

Psh, Mods should get custom avvys. Right Basicball? (Lol you see what I did there? Mods? Yeah...)

Anyway...back to looking sulking about missing the LQS restock a week or so ago >.>
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 192
5/5/2012 20:16:33   
Bu Kek Siansu

Basicball: So, you all as the newest in-game mods don't have a custom avy ability atm. I'm sorry for my mistake. :p

< Message edited by AVA -- 5/5/2012 20:18:20 >
Post #: 193
5/5/2012 22:01:24   
One Winged Angel1357

@AVA and Basicball I figure new mods will end up with those rights soon enough as game moderators tend to have custom avy rights because it denotes status on AEF, which game moderators clearly have
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 194
5/5/2012 22:21:26   
Stabilis

Look at Wiseman's forum status, I'm sure the mods will get similar perks in time.

I should add that you get a set of universal rights in ED of AE, such as the right/policy to an environment without being a victim of discrimination or cruelty.

So... technically, mods do not have extra rights, but more power in our games, and that same power is used to enforce our player rights to make your environments a more enjoyable place to live and play in.

Posts Merged, please do not double post, instead use the 'Edit' button ~Lycus

< Message edited by Lycus -- 5/6/2012 5:23:59 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 195
5/5/2012 23:22:32   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

This is quickly turning into a mod benefits thread, and Nightwraith said it better than I:

quote:

Moderators put in countless hours every week doing the often thankless job of handling in-game reports and moderating forum topics. I will say that they do receive compensation for their responsibilities of keeping the game safe and fun, however, they are also under strict guidelines to not abuse their positions to gain an unfair advantage over regular players. We even have hardcoded systems implemented to exclude mods and other game staff from participating in certain leaderboards.

However, moderator compensation is completely up to the discretion of the developers and is not up for discussion and debate in the open forum.
Post #: 196
5/5/2012 23:52:10   
Goony
Constructive!

Hey midnight, as one of those new mods I really don't see how you are giving us a chance to prove our commitment to help the community and the game to grow. It's not good for us to be cast as being better than or worse than the players. The new moderators have different aspects that they will bring to Epic Duel. I, personally, will make sure I am available in game to battle and take on board players comments and questions.

The game still has to evolve or die, so change is always going to, either be good or bad in the eyes of the players... I have seen Rabblefroth taking onboard a lot of the concerns that players have regarding balance and it will slowly filter into the game. I hope that we can all be a bit patient. There are some new features and improvements based on player feedback coming and looking back at how the game has evolved from Beta it's what the community wanted in the main.

So, talk about the new mods all you like, but don't judge them by what has happened in the past!

Edit, got ninja'd by Cindy :)

< Message edited by Goony -- 5/5/2012 23:53:22 >

In Epic Duel,
success is not final,
failure is not fatal
and it is the courage to continue that counts!
Epic  Post #: 197
5/6/2012 0:01:28   
Arcanis

My God,I have never been more thankful for existence of "Block User" button.
Whoever invented that one deserves a frikin medal.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 198
5/6/2012 1:26:29   
Hun Kingq

Rej, Take a look at the requirements of the Stun Gun set,
Stun Blaster 8 slots
Strength required: 30 Dexterity required: 30 Technology required: 33 Support required: 0
You call this superb stats: Stat Modifiers Strength: +5 Dexterity: 0 Technology: +5 Support: +9
Stun Cannon 8 slots
Strength required: 33 Dexterity required: 30 Technology required: 30 Support required: 0
You call this superb stats: Stat Modifiers Strength: +5 Dexterity: +5 Technology: 0 Support: +9
Beta Blaster (Level 25) 10 slots
Strength required: 0 Dexterity required: 0 Technology required: 0 Support required: 0
Stat Modifiers Strength: 0 Dexterity: +9 Technology: +9 Support: 0

The stat modifiers on the stun gun sets are sub-par, superb stats would be for both weapons:
Stat Modifiers Strength: +5 Dexterity: +9 Technology: +9 Support: +9

5% chance of stun, in over 50 matches on 5/5/2012 I did not get a single stun so using that as a reason why they should not be brought up to the 10 slot standard is not a good enough reason. If weapons get 10 slots then with that 10 slots it should come with requirements no one player should have that unfair advantage over other players especially if they are lower level players. Due they are able to have stats as high as they want with some or all those weapons combined they are basically skewing the data that the staff acquires.

I am not thinking of myself as you and others are wrong once again. I am showing staff that if they want to bring weapons of old up to standards then they should bring all weapons up to standards and if a weapon gets 10 enhancement slots then it should get the appropriate requirements in the appropriate place for that level. Instead of putting requirements on Beta/Alpha gear they got a damage buff. Since they are “legacy items” buff their damage to 40, since they went back on their word of not buffing the old gear.

Just like the three classes without passive armors, with the Delta Armor they should put in the code the classes without the passive armor gets +8 defense + 8 resistance, a challenge for the programmers to see if they are as good as they think they are, so here I am looking out for three classes not looking out for myself.
Epic  Post #: 199
5/6/2012 1:32:47   
King FrostLich

Fact is as long as your build does great even if your weapons aren't as strong as the strongest one available, then you're still good to go. 10 enhancement slots is already considered a big amount of money unless you get enough varium for it. If you're thinking of placing at 10 slots on the stun guns, players could start thinking the devs are becoming greedy over enhancements again.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 5/6/2012 1:33:12 >
Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 1st Design Notes
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition