Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= May 1st Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 1st Design Notes
Page 9 of 9«<56789
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/6/2012 1:37:09   
Joe10112

ROFL and then Hun Kingq just comes in with balance in the middle of the "MOD POWERZ discussion"

To add to the MODZ discussion: Seriously, I don't understand how what Cindy and Void say support your reasoning. In fact, I think what they said disproves your theory, and you are agreeing. You are saying that mods abuse their privileges (free varium and stuff), and are mods just so they can win more (you pointed fingers at Fay), and etc..., and are not really helping, they are just mods because they want to "has more winz and bkome moar powerfulz!".

And mods have more rights. Can a Mod ban you? Yes. Can a varium user, no matter how much (s)he pays, ban you? Nope. The whole point of Mods and Staff are to work for the greater community, and not to abuse it "to get moar winz".

From post 197, Midnight, you claim that "Playerz > Mods, modz get powerz, derefore, I are get powerz kuz I are player?" Nope.avi. That is all.

Gahh I am so tempted to hit that Red Hand button. I'm too nice. When something REALLY makes me angry, I'll click it. >.>
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 201
5/6/2012 2:31:49   
ansh0

God, Hun Kingq could give Lycus a run for his money.

I still think that the NPC buff was unnecessary. When lower lvl's struggle, they NPC to level up. Now, NPC's are even harder to beat so lower lvl's barely win at all.

NPC was an easier alternative to 1v1 at the cost being bored to oblivion. Now, it's just the latter.

I am not saying this because I can't beat NPC's(I can), I am saying this because of lower levels struggling even more on their way to lvl 34.

Who agrees with me?

Here, low lvl=25-30
Epic  Post #: 202
5/6/2012 2:58:49   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

I removed several posts from this thread. There will be no further discussion regarding moderators vs. players.
AQ  Post #: 203
5/6/2012 5:51:26   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Just to clear up the whole Mod discussion, Mods are not just given anything they want, they don't get piles of advantages as you guys are making out, let me explain something:

Mods work very hard over the course of each week accumulating a large amount of worked hours. They do not get paid, but instead to reward them for their hard work and to say thank you for helping, we reward them.

Do they get abusable rewards?
No they do not, they don't get special OP weapons, armour, or anything of the type. They get the same access to items as you, so whatever they have, you also can get. If you have exactly the same opportunities to get the same gear, then they're not getting any advantage over anyone. If you look at someone like Fay Beee, she'd be getting those items anyway, the same with some of the other Mods, it makes no change to the gear they'll have in-game, and that therefore is no advantage.
Mods do not show on Fame boards nor do they show on Warkills boards, in wars they are also limited to the uses of any systems, this to me is actually more of a disadvantage, but they are willing to do that to help out this community.

As NightWraith said in the quote that Cindy used, we reward the Mods fairly, and I'm sure you guys understand why. Though it may look easy, being a Moderator is incredibly hard work, and you have to put in a lot of hours! They help in keeping the game safe, fun and enjoyable for you to play, by removing as many rule breakers as possible from the game. However we have very tight restrictions on what they get for doing that, and what they are allowed to do with it. Quite honestly, with all the additional duties, and some of the restrictions; all the questions, all the reports, and the testing that each Moderator has to do, you'll more than likely see a dip in their wins overall.

The other issue of 'using mod tools in battles' when not needed, this is something we strictly DO NOT allow. If any moderator ever does so, then please PM me here on the forums about it!

Furthermore, since this isn't on topic, then please with-strain any further thoughts on the matter, and instead take them up with me in PM and I'll happily explain it further/discuss the matter.

Another added reminder, as KoseFira said, please keep any balance discussion to the appropriate topic!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 204
5/6/2012 8:33:56   
Basicball

If you have proof of a moderator abusing his/her power, it would be best to contact Ashari, Lycus or Cinderella. They will then take the correct actions.
Believe me when i say, that moderators are not above everyone in what they're allowed to do. And, if a moderator abuses a feature, there will definitelly be consequences.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 205
5/6/2012 9:30:20   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

If I was completely biased I would be telling everyone that all Mods are perfect, they don't need restrictions, they can do what they like when they like, because Mods are just amazing. So yeah... Ermmm... No.

Look, you have your views and that's fine, but if you're making public accusations and making huge issues out of it, then it doesn't help anyone! If you have any evidence/proof of your issues with a Moderator, then please PM it to me, Cinderella or Ashari and we'll deal with it accordingly! These things are for private discussions, not for open public discussions.

With that being said, I'm putting my foot down here and saying any further accusations of Mods etc. and any arguments about them in this topic will be deleted on sight, with the possibility of further punishment. If you really have to say anything about one of the Mods, as said, PM it to me, Ashari or Cinderella and it will be dealt with.

Most posts arguing about these things up to this post have been deleted also.

Thank you for understanding.

< Message edited by Lycus -- 5/6/2012 10:12:08 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 206
5/6/2012 9:55:15   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@midnight- like Lycus said- if you have evidence of moderator wrongdoing, please PM it to one of us. I'm the head mod, so accusations of moderator wrongdoing all have to go through me.
Post #: 207
5/6/2012 11:04:03   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

quote:

Back to design note: Der is nothing to say. lol... cus der is no useful update. lol

You cannot say there was no "useful" release. There was a release, NPC's have learned how to deflect. Just because there is no armors does not mean that the team did not work hard to give you an update.
AQW Epic  Post #: 208
5/6/2012 11:09:53   
Luna_moonraider

yayz finally npcs became smarter. now i do hope they get a aux on them soon so it will make all those brainwashing-npc people take longer to beat npc :) and it would also make 1v1 faction daily interesting instead of a battle of which faction does more npcs.

@ below

aww dang and wished it was not a bug it would certainly make the game better sigh oh well nothing much in this update than other than bug fixes.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 5/6/2012 23:49:45 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 209
5/6/2012 11:35:18   
SouL Prisoner

@ Luna , i think NPC deflect was a mistake, never intended , at least that's what i understud from Froth's post.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 210
5/6/2012 11:41:29   
khalidon5000

^^
I thought he meant people being blocked more in pvp after the update to npcs...
-----------------------------------------------------
BTW no more of a certain someone

\ /\ /\ /
I was talking about RabbleFroth

< Message edited by khalidon5000 -- 5/6/2012 12:40:30 >
Epic  Post #: 211
5/6/2012 11:44:51   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

^^
I thought he meant people being blocked more in pvp after the update to npcs...

i think luna is a girl, not he , its she .

aniways, i think she is talking about the deflect, blocking isn't that smart as, deflect :S
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 212
5/6/2012 12:59:52   
Silver Sky Magician

@soulprisnerx

I don't think it's either. Both blocking and deflecting are based on chance, albeit influenced by the stats of players and NPCs. From what I understand, the NPCs' AI have been improved, such that they offer a more appropriate response to players' actions.
Post #: 213
5/6/2012 13:01:58   
Leprechaun

Yay Fay bee is a mod!!! Huge congratz :)
Post #: 214
5/6/2012 13:33:52   
rayniedays56

The new set of Mods are helping fight the massive amount of scammers and hackers in ED. I feel that we needed new mods :)

And the new mods are Highly involved players! :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 215
5/6/2012 13:56:20   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Reading the varied thoughts, please do understand the most work volunteers do is not seen by the gaming community. Many spend countless hours in preparation, community service, improving and testing just for Epic Duel and other Artix games to be the best experience for you, the gaming community.

There are conflicts with Moderation in some aspects in regard to "perceived" status, and the ability to enjoy the game. The volunteers do work for you. No one would have applied or have been selected if they could not aid in the wide-ranging duties not seen, and the seen community duties.

When you cast judgement on what you only seen, and you judge strictly on your own beliefs, your not seeing the whole scope.

A good analogy to think of, if I help make clothing for a living, and I spend countless hours everyday in making the best attire for my customers, it would be nice from time to time, to actually try it on and enjoy the work I helped in the creation process.

It would be unfair not to enjoy the game while we are also providing aid in it's improvement. Take a look into your lives in areas you spend in creating and sharing.

As I conclude this, we are a new team designed and molded for community service just for Epic Duel. We will provide the best for the game and the community. We will be connecting with you in new ways and wish for the gaming community the best possible experience.

AQW Epic  Post #: 216
5/6/2012 14:08:46   
DeathGuard

It has been enough of this talk about Mods, I completely agree with Jzaanu, they got the right to enjoy what they work. They may get free varium but they are restrictions for not abusing it, and if they abuse it they will get punished, warned, etc. Anyways I doubt these new mods will do that abusing, since all of them are kind persons.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 217
5/6/2012 15:04:28   
Rarest

Well. Anyway. Wonder what the next update will be like, hopefully it won't cause huge havoc. :P
AQW  Post #: 218
5/6/2012 19:14:49   
Lectrix

Belated congratulations to our new Mods! I wish all of you the best of luck; I'm sure you'll do a great job.

Looking forward to the next Saga, and Disturbed's first batch of Weapons. Props to Cindy for the tantalizing story previews -- I can't wait to see how the events will unfold!

~Lectrix
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 219
5/6/2012 19:40:03   
Joe10112

Phew thankfully someone with initials "M S" is now banned.

Anyway, although release was behind-the-scenes, I guess not all releases are content updates, but NPC deflection is...a little more "ugh". I would rather have them have Auxs, because I don't want to have my Rage Guns (when fighting Cheevo NPCs) get deflected T_T Good thing I got all the Cheevo NPCs so far so I don't have to worry...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 220
5/9/2012 23:31:45   
sleddyboy3

Well, congratulations new mods. Too bad it looks like some of them have deleted me
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 221
5/11/2012 23:49:44   
TreadLight

Cool to see so many old players' and previously-official forum regulars' names up there..

Congratulations, you all deserved it.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 222
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= May 1st Design Notes
Page 9 of 9«<56789
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition