Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= May 9th Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= May 9th Design Notes
Page 1 of 1012345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/9/2012 12:39:54   
skeletondude

quote:

Behind the scenes information about EpicDuel's development and releases, a real-time PVP MMO that you can play online in your web browser.

May 09, 2012
Riveting Design Notes

Hi folks, and welcome to another EpicDuel Design Notes. Some people were upset last week because we forgot to announce in the DNs that the bunny weapons were leaving. I apologize sincerely for that. Development is a fluid process and sometimes changes are made last-minute that we don't have time to mention here. But, if you want to keep on top of all the previews (including the stuff that doesn’t make it into the DNs), please follow us on Twitter (@Titan_EpicDuel, @Nightwraith_ED, @Charfade, @Cinderella_ED) or “like” us on Facebook (Facebook.com/EpicDuelOfficial).

Infernal Insects

War is brewing beneath the surface of Delta V, and it’s ready to crack the planet wide open! Mechanical insects that can only be the stuff of nightmares are pouring out from abandoned mine towers like soldiers from a hive, but a special warrior might be able to tame them and harness their incredible power!

The Pyro Fly is a new pet/bot that can either be purchased in-game from Kraggor or as a promotional item with the purchase of Varium, being worth 3 keys. Its special skill is Infernal Swarm, which causes tiny mechanical fireflies to swarm your opponent and neutralize one active skill at random.

But the Pyro Fly is not the only insect emerging from the mines. Charfade’s been hard at work on these mechanical monsters.

What is their purpose? Only time will tell.

Missions?

RabbleFroth loves me. He must because in the updates leading up to the war, he’s programmed me a bunch of new missions features! Players will be able to play real quest chains (where a requirement for one quest is the quest prior to it in the chain), accept quests specific to your class (Hunters, Mercenaries, and Mages), and follow the story more effectively with mission complete text! I just found out about this today, so I’ll be writing three class-specific chains (I haven’t decided on the reward yet, but we don’t want to force players to class change for some pixels). Bounty Hunters and Cyber Hunters should visit Tamaril, Mercenaries and Tactical Mercenaries should visit Navarro, and Mages and Blood Mages should visit Sekk. They will tell you a little history, and give you an item that you can turn in to Xraal so that all players get the same reward.

Artix Action Figures!

Artix action figures are coming soon to Heromart! We've also received word that Toys 'R' Us stores across the country are starting to receive their first shipments! With these figures, you will also receive a substantial amount of additional bonuses. Cysero breaks it down for you in the AQ Design Notes!

What action figures would you like to see produced after Artix and Sepulchure? A Nightwraith with karate-chop action would be the bee's knees!*

*Stop hijacking my DNs, Nightwraith!

The Confrontation

The following preview takes place 15 years before current events.

Silas stormed out of Valestra’s hospital room, and as he walked dialed up John St. Alban on his communicator. “What have you done?” he snarled into the receiver.

“Silas. Come to the minetower.” John droned in the communicator, and the line went dead. Seconds later, exact coordinates appeared, leading Silas to the tower’s apex.

When Silas arrived, he saw John standing in wait next to what appeared to be a corpse in a glass coffin being tended to by a diminutive, lab tech, hunchbacked from years of working in the mines. “What is this, John. You set Valestra up to be killed, for what?”

“I sent Commander Hitchens off-planet so I could investigate without arousing Ms. Descarl’s suspicions.”

“Investigate what?”

“Five years ago, you told me about the Vaults. I finally managed to find out who sent you that message, and I’ve been in communication with him ever since. He couldn’t tell me specifics, and communication’s been choppy since Baelius declared victory and sovereignty. I had to figure out a way to get on planet when all communication with my contact ceased. I’m afraid I was too late to help him in any appreciable way.” He gestured toward the coffin. Silas approached it and looked at the corpse- much of the tissue on the face and head was missing, and the arm the man had presumably used to shield his face was completely destroyed. But, what little of the face had not been reduced to skull Silas recognized, as well as the intact navy blue of his uniform.

“The engineer...Ulysses.” The corpse turned its head toward Silas. Both of his eyes were missing, reduced to burned-out hollow sockets. Silas screamed in spite of himself.

“He ain’t dead, kid. That box is preparing him to be shot off into the Void. He’ll be suspended there until someone can fix him.”

“Why...”

“He knew too much, and he was reduced to this by Descarl’s brother before he could tell me what was in the Vaults. I failed, Silas. I was too late.”

“You could have told me. You didn’t have to lie to me. You didn’t have to hurt Valestra.”

“That was unfortunate. She had to try and be the hero.”

“She has a daughter around Selina’s age. Turned four two months ago.” Silas allowed his words to sink in. “You of all people should understand that.”

John turned to Silas with an exasperated look on his face. “If everything had gone according to plan, she would have been released and home to see her husband and kid just in time for dinner. But no, you had to enter their airspace and panic that militia. Had to save your damsel in distress. Though, I gotta admit, I admire your stubbornness.”

“None of which changes the fact that you betrayed me. We’re supposed to be partners, John.”

“I didn’t want to get you involved. I wanted to protect you.” They were silent. “It’s this planet, Silas. It gets into your blood, makes a man crazy. Let’s get off this godforsaken rock and back to civilization.”

John was interrupted by a gunshot- the bullet knocked the Lawman’s trademark hat into the air, and Silas stood, gun drawn, calmly looking down and away from John. “Leave. Before I kill you, John.”

“Silas...”

“I mean it. Get out of my sight.”

The Lawman picked up his hat, brushed it off, and replaced it on his head. “If that’s how you see things, I certainly understand. I reckon I’ll be on my way.” Silas turned, satisfied, and forcefully hit the ground. The two men struggled over Silas’s weapon, fists flying. John was bigger and a more experienced fighter than Silas, who, fueled by rage, swung wildly at the older man. Tears stung his eyes, and his aim betrayed him more often than not. Finally, the gun discharged, a spray of blood filled the air, and Silas fell to the floor.

The Lawman kicked away Silas’s pistol and slammed his boot into his former partner’s face where the bullet had hit, leaning forward. “Never forget who you’re crossing, boy. You’ve made yourself a powerful enemy.” He twisted his foot around, the sickening crackle of bone plainly audible beneath his feet.

Silas coughed defiantly. “So’ve you.”

John scowled. “Just remember who your real friends are, kid. Alydriah. Valestra. Women like that will keep you around until you ain’t of use to them no more, like an old hunting cur. I still can’t believe you’d trust her after what happened five years back. Me? I’ve been here through thick and thin. Just remember that.” John tipped his hat and walked off. The lab tech with the coffin started the teleporter, and Silas crawled out and made his way back to Fortune City.

He joined the Shadow Guard that night.

Tags: Cinderella Infernal Infiltration War Pyro Fly Infernal Swarm Mines Toys shawarma Twitter

Tagged and formatted. ~TG

< Message edited by The Game -- 5/9/2012 16:51:09 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/9/2012 12:42:28   
Smackie El Frog

Is strike an active skill?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/9/2012 12:44:45   
Arcanis

Strike isn't active skill as it is not in skill tree.

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
5/9/2012 12:46:00   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Its special skill is Infernal Swarm, which causes tiny mechanical fireflies to swarm your opponent and neutralize one active skill at random.

I wonder if it applies to passive skills, or active like shields. If the latter one, this Bot is seriously useless if you have Azrael Bot. Although if this fully neutralises the buff, this Bot is OP instead. >.>
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
5/9/2012 12:46:17   
Rarest

The new bug bot looks cool. Worth three keys though? Hm.
AQW  Post #: 5
5/9/2012 12:48:59   
khalidon5000

No balance changes this update??
Epic  Post #: 6
5/9/2012 12:49:29   
Smackie El Frog

Oh I do like these mission requirements and quest completion text. That will help a lot with telling the story. Gj Rabble!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/9/2012 12:51:01   
Arcanis

Actually,if I understand this right,its not that it will annul buff,but actual negation of skill.
For example,if you have field medic,smoke,reflex,cheap shot and massacre skills,and bloodlust as passive one,any except bloodlust could be deactivated-as in cannot be used at all.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/9/2012 12:52:50   
Rarest

It'll only be a three turn debuff.
AQW  Post #: 9
5/9/2012 12:58:07   
Ranloth
Banned

I see the Bot as a joke already.. Favouring Varium players and destroying balance even further. Sure it's variety of bots but if it does the same as Azrael - what's the point? If it affects passive skills like Reroute/Bloodlust - is that a joke? This is nowhere near being creative nor balanced. This will cause more balance issues than solve, or maybe Bots shouldn't solve balance issues at all.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
5/9/2012 13:10:49   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

If I don't know about a balance update, I don't post it. That doesn't mean nothing or that we are ignoring balance.
Post #: 11
5/9/2012 13:11:40   
Laufey

if I am correct in 5 months have created more bots that weapons ... this is not nice
Post #: 12
5/9/2012 13:22:36   
  RabbleFroth

The bot won't remove debuffs or buffs, and it won't affect passive skills. It will only disable your ability to use a random, active skill on your hotbar for the rest of the battle.

Also, there will be a few balance changes going into this patch:
* Juggernaut matching: Top level players will no longer be matched with players that can use the same equipment as them. In other words, the highest player a 33 or 34 Juggernaut can be matched with is a level 29. Other level ranged are unchanged (level 20-32 Juggernauts) and will still be matched with players 3-8 levels lower than they are.

* Multi skills: Multiple target skills (Artillery Strike, Plasma Rain, Multishot) will now do less damage, but cost less EP, when hitting multiple targets. Right now multi skills are an absolute must have, and should be used as soon as they possibly can in 2v2s. There is very little choice in your build if you want to do well in 2v2s. This change should keep multi skills very useful, but should also present more choice in whether you want to do higher damage to a single target or do more total damage spread between both enemies. Single target damage and cost is unchanged.
Post #: 13
5/9/2012 13:25:51   
Rarest

Great. I'n level 32, no more verses two 30's in a juggers. :D
AQW  Post #: 14
5/9/2012 13:29:35   
Ranloth
Banned

Oh use the skill? That explains it much better and I apologise for misjudging..
I like the Juggernaut change, might give it a shot again as TM and pretty sure many players will be happy now with the change! And interesting change to Multi skills, makes sense really and I don't mind as it's always better with those pesky CHs EMP'ing in 2v2 and thinking that'll destroy me. ;)
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
5/9/2012 13:32:11   
King FrostLich

quote:

It will only disable your ability to use a random, active skill on your hotbar for the rest of the battle.

So what happens if field medic will get disabled?

Epic  Post #: 16
5/9/2012 13:32:54   
Fay Beeee

Nice DNs. Good to have the story updated. Looking forward to the linked missions. :)
Might mean a slight rethink on my build for me so may be able to invest points elsewhere. MMMM! Thinking. lol

Great job Cindy, nice DN's.

Epic  Post #: 17
5/9/2012 13:37:13   
Lord Machaar

@Rabblefroth- I love you :]

after tons of suggestions about juggs, i didn't expect this, let's work it out... THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS

All-time leaders here i come

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 5/9/2012 13:38:34 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 18
5/9/2012 13:37:31   
Santa ClawZz

quote:

* Multi skills: Multiple target skills (Artillery Strike, Plasma Rain, Multishot) will now do less damage, but cost less EP, when hitting multiple targets. Right now multi skills are an absolute must have, and should be used as soon as they possibly can in 2v2s. There is very little choice in your build if you want to do well in 2v2s. This change should keep multi skills very useful, but should also present more choice in whether you want to do higher damage to a single target or do more total damage spread between both enemies. Single target damage and cost is unchanged.

Numbers please?
In percentage, how much less damage/MP are you talking? Orrrrr you have decided that yet? :P

Also, very nice change on Juggernaut mode. About time you balance that mode. You still do need to work on it though. Juggernaut faction leaderboards, Juggernaut faction wins, button for easier battles...

< Message edited by Santa ClawZz -- 5/9/2012 13:39:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
5/9/2012 13:40:33   
skeletondude

What's the juggernaut level range in your lvl 34 or 33?? 29-??

< Message edited by skeletondude -- 5/9/2012 13:41:13 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
5/9/2012 13:43:10   
MrBones

Jugger balance.. good .. it's good. Time for my daily jugger cheevo.
Epic  Post #: 21
5/9/2012 13:44:12   
Fay Beeee

Just seen this on Twitter from Nightwraith. The Pyro looks awesome (reminds me off a Beee again ) lol

quote:

Pyro Fly! Bzzzzzzzzzzz! http://t.co/ABUwWKgI

Epic  Post #: 22
5/9/2012 13:51:08   
DestruRaGe

oO Ima gonna get that bot for sure! Also its probably time to focus on juggernaut battle mode ;)

Epic  Post #: 23
5/9/2012 13:58:48   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

Numbers please?
In percentage, how much less damage/MP are you talking? Orrrrr you have decided that yet? :P

Not 100% locked in yet.

quote:

What's the juggernaut level range in your lvl 34 or 33?? 29-??

34 Jug : 25-29 opponents
33 Jug : 25-29 opponents
Everyone 32 and below will be matched with players 3-8 levels lower.
Post #: 24
5/9/2012 14:19:20   
DOOMdeath

Will that bot skill affect on ultimate skills too? hope not

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! New missions
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= May 9th Design Notes
Page 1 of 1012345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition