Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =MQ= Art Style for Next "SCMM" - We Call Them SCEM Now!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =MQ= Art Style for Next "SCMM" - We Call Them SCEM Now!
Page 7 of 10«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/3/2012 18:23:56   
Takashi Ueda

i say a gundam mech http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/gundam00byelite5472png.jpg/
Post #: 151
8/3/2012 22:58:32   
Megadragonknight

Nice! However,i still prefer knights with cape and shield or even a transformer-like mecha.
Post #: 152
8/4/2012 3:44:08   
Glais

Guess I'll go into a bit more detail on mine, now that I can post links.

Taking cue from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Dio Brando's ZA WARUDO combo is semi notable and could make a cool attack. Time Stop could be a Stun move, Knives...could be there somehow (back arm maybe?). Front arm could be the Punching.

One I think would be cool is, a Knight. Several suggested this before me, but this is how I'd like to see it (or something with a similar theme).

Silver Chariot
Basically something thin, light and with a fast moving sword. Not sure what the shoulders would be really but the rapid sword-stabbing is what matters.

Next, something with a lot of punching.
Inspirations: The World and in action... Typical JoJo Punch Spamming
That attack itself would be a nice move I think.

Lastly, this other Stand, Tusk Act 4, has an interesting look once could draw some inspiration from.
DF MQ  Post #: 153
8/4/2012 9:09:01   
Rivale

I guess the Artemis or the Fenrir look like knights.
Whenever 'military mecha' comes in my head Break Blade's the first thing that comes in.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 154
8/4/2012 12:04:22   
Thieflord12

how about a clock-word time manipuation based mecha? or if they dont already have it a derp-mech ! or howabout one that uses wormholes to pull out weapons !

< Message edited by Thieflord12 -- 8/4/2012 12:07:51 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 155
8/4/2012 19:49:30   
Hoggs Bison

^

Already in the game, all of them.
MQ  Post #: 156
8/4/2012 23:52:49   
megaman3234

quote:

i say a gundam mech
Yesss!!!! says my cousin.

and he wants this mech angel.

< Message edited by megaman3234 -- 8/4/2012 23:59:14 >
Post #: 157
8/6/2012 18:41:39   
shredder604

hey i go for the shs mecha. shs all the way!!!
Post #: 158
8/6/2012 19:52:59   
Gamemastersam

If the staff have any remaining care for MQ, they wont have it sued by putting a gundam in the game. It doesnt take a fool to know that they are the same thing with different worlds and names. Its actually kinda annoying to keep hearing suggestions to use other peoples work in a thread made to HELP MQ. And saying Gundam mech is basically saying mech mech or gundam gundam

< Message edited by Gamemastersam -- 8/6/2012 19:53:40 >
DF MQ  Post #: 159
8/6/2012 21:59:48   
EinhanderX01

To be fair, if a "Gundam" or other iconic mech was put in-game, it'd be at most, a parody or homage, which is what MQ already does, more or less.

Such as the Automorph is to Optimus Prime of Transformers, and the Dharmahp is to the Apharmd of Virtual On.

Again, some of the ideas aren't bad; but some are better suited to April Fool's parodies (such as Megas, Mazinkaiser SKL, or Gurren Lagan). Mechs from Gundam, Macross (or the inferior Robotech), Mechwarrior, and Full Metal Panic are reasonable, as all of them tend to have a more down-to-earth aesthetic.
Post #: 160
8/6/2012 22:04:56   
Glais

quote:

Such as the Automorph is to Optimus Prime of Transformers

Oddly enough AutoMorph doesn't have a single reference to Optimus Prime. What I get for being rude xD

Though TransFormers has a HUGE character pool, there's a lot they could take from it if they wanted to.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 8/7/2012 2:05:12 >
DF MQ  Post #: 161
8/6/2012 22:16:23   
EinhanderX01

The name "Optimal Automorph" as one of the level versions comes to mind. Or the fact that Automorph could be a play on Autobot. But yes, there could be any number of transformable machines it could have parodied, not necessarily Optimus.
Post #: 162
8/6/2012 22:18:47   
Glais

Oh right.

Kinda funny they got a HeadMasters reference in there. Didn't expect anything that obscure.
DF MQ  Post #: 163
8/6/2012 22:47:28   
Gamemastersam

I really hope that there are no silly mechs in the SCMM SCEM. Silly mecha like the derpmachine is probably something that keeps some people from joining. theyd probably think its stupid.

< Message edited by Gamemastersam -- 8/6/2012 22:48:16 >
DF MQ  Post #: 164
8/7/2012 2:05:33   
Glais

Exact reason my brother doesn't play actually.
DF MQ  Post #: 165
8/7/2012 9:38:03   
Hoggs Bison

I have no problem with silly mechas, it puts comedy relief into the game, and let's face it, almost ALL games have comedic relief.
If you thought Derpmachine was stupid, you're obviously forgetting what day it was released on. There's no reason to NOT include silly mechas in the game.

What do you have against silly mechas?
MQ  Post #: 166
8/7/2012 9:53:25   
Knightron2234

A little is fine. Occasionally is acceptable. Just not too often or too much that it crosses the line.

Without silly stuff, the game will not be fun.

With too much silly stuff, the game will be stupid.

That's why it has to maintain a balance.
DF MQ  Post #: 167
8/7/2012 14:22:00   
Gamemastersam

quote:

I have no problem with silly mechas, it puts comedy relief into the game, and let's face it, almost ALL games have comedic relief.

Not true. Heres a list of games with little to no comedic relief.

• Infamous
  • Silent Hill
  • Dead Space
  • Need For Speed
  • Modern Warfare
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Batman
  • Skyrim

I did not find any of these games comical at all. Mostly depressing, sad, pshycotic, or just actiony.

quote:

If you thought Derpmachine was stupid, you're obviously forgetting what day it was released on.

Im not forgetting its release date. But the derpmachine is just stupid. The clown was good. My worst MQ mistake was selling it. But the derpmachine is just overboard. And silly mecha DEFINITLY have nothing to do with the SCEM. They are doing good with the SCEM now. Making it silly would ruin it.

quote:

There's no reason to NOT include silly mechas in the game.

What do you have against silly mechas?

Heres a reason. Their lame. And a mecha shooting food out of its mouth to bloat the enemy is just idiotic. A mecha cannot be made fat with food. as it is made of metal. And the derpmachine walks Like its constipated, mentally challenged and has a broken leg all at the same time. If the MQ ad i saw in 2008 had a silly mecha, i would have never clicked it.

quote:

Without silly stuff, the game will not be fun.

I beg to differ. i find the dharmy more fun than all the silly mecha combined.
DF MQ  Post #: 168
8/7/2012 14:29:51   
forumlogin

The occasional silly mecha is fine, but it is better to leave them out of the SCMM. They're just not made to be silly.
DF MQ  Post #: 169
8/7/2012 15:20:40   
Hoggs Bison

@Gamemastersam

>Implying this game is realistic
>Implying games don't have easter eggs
>We've had silly SCMMs before, BC Warrior isn't serious, it's trash talking is quite entertaining
>Implying damage and stuns are fun.

Derpmachine is goofy, that's the point.
Loosen up Sam, silly mechas DON'T really turn people off, I don't even know why you would think that.

< Message edited by Hoggs Bison -- 8/7/2012 15:36:42 >
MQ  Post #: 170
8/7/2012 16:14:37   
Red Komet

Maybe a Geara Zulu based mech

< Message edited by Red Komet -- 8/7/2012 16:21:37 >
Post #: 171
8/7/2012 16:40:14   
Gamemastersam

quote:

>We've had silly SCMMs before, BC Warrior isn't serious, it's trash talking is quite entertaining

Thats 1 silly SCMM. All the rest have the same military tone. And i for one like it that way. Another silly mecha would ruin the SCMMs.

quote:

>Implying damage and stuns are fun.

>Implying that metal spitting out food to bloat more metal is fun

quote:

>Implying this game is realistic

I wonder why this game isnt realistic... Mabye because silly mecha?

quote:

Loosen up Sam, silly mechas DON'T really turn people off, I don't even know why you would think that.

My brother doesnt play because of silly mechas. My friends dont play because of silly mecha. Most are just plain stupid.

DF MQ  Post #: 172
8/7/2012 16:47:12   
stealthwings
Helpful

And many people only play because of silly mecha.

I would prefer serious mecha, but that is just my opinion.

@Hoggs
BC at least had some kind of semblance of seriousness, a chainsaw and a shotgun are both very serious things.
DF MQ  Post #: 173
8/7/2012 16:55:43   
Gamemastersam

I have nothing against silly mecha themselves. just against silly mecha in the SCMM or in ads.
DF MQ  Post #: 174
8/7/2012 22:34:21   
skadidlybop

Hows'about steve skysplitter themed mech?
For all those people who like silly mechs.
Everyone enjoyed steve skysplitter.
I mean who doesn't like steve skysplitter.
He's one of the most beloved mechs in the entire game.
Stevey you so silly with all those skysplitting fists of yours.
We could have another SCEM with a bunch of feet, that could be called Gordon Grounddivider.
MQ  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =MQ= Art Style for Next "SCMM" - We Call Them SCEM Now!
Page 7 of 10«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition