Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= August 7th Design Notes - This Is The End, Beautiful Friend

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= August 7th Design Notes - This Is The End, Beautiful Friend
Page 1 of 912345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/7/2012 11:16:18   
button33

quote:

August 07, 2012
This Is The End, Beautiful Friend
War is Ending

The Infernal Infiltration War is winding down, and while the Exiles have a significant lead, the Legion can’t be ruled out just yet!  Remember to use those grenades -- you can resell them for credits after the War is over, but it isn’t worth stockpiling them, and grenades are happiest when thrown.

When the War ends, the bombs will no longer be available, nor will the missions to get bombs.

In addition, the Alignment-specific cruisers will go rare.  However, neutral mechachillid cruisers will still be available.

Winner Takes All

As mentioned before, the alignment to power through this final Vault door first will win the Infernal War, as well as control over the Infernal Mines.  Not enough for you? How about a new bot?

The Infernal Android will be available first to the winning alignment, and its special attack is related to its origin in the Vaults; the longer a battle lasts, the more damage the special attack does!  As mentioned just up there, the winning alignment will have first stab at using it, and the Infernal Android comes in both varium and credit-only flavors.

New Boost System

As we wrap up the war we are turning our attention to systems that could be improved, such as boosting.  The revamped boost system will allow you to boost based on duration or number of rounds, and we will be introducing a new credit boost, which many of you may have figured out from the new end battle screens.  

There is a lot of build with this new system so it may not go live this week, but it will definitely be available next week. 

Did You Know?

Did you know that following battles, you now see a new screen that includes facts about EpicDuel? This new screen should be more helpful and informative than previous. Do you have an idea for an EpicDuel tip? Then post it here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20164694

Why didn’t I announce this in the last design notes? Well, I’m remote staff, so I find out for sure what’s going to be in the update on Monday or Tuesday, and write the design notes based on that. Occasionally, Titan and Rabble look at each other and decide yes... we can fit more into this update. They then add a feature that I don’t find out about until testing.

Happy Birthday Titan!

Our favorite cheeseburger-loving Physical God is turning another year older this week! He hasn’t asked for any missions, but it’s possible that Titan has forged in his mighty foundry an item of such power and inanity that it cannot be comprehended.

Where u go? ;-;

I’m likely not going to be writing the DNs or have much to do with the game or development next week, as I will be doing field work at another university across the country from where I live. Maybe I’ll post pictures on my Twitter!

Thrippy Thrips

Have you ever seen scars on fruit or flowers? Or seen a tiny insect crawling inside your LCD screen? Then chances are, you have encountered a thrips. Thrips are tiny insects (as small as 1/25 of an inch) with fringed wings belonging to the order Thysanoptera. They typically feed on plants by puncturing the plant with their mouthparts and sucking out the delicious juices. Because they serve as a vector for several plant viruses including Tobacco mosaic virus, thrips are considered pests by farmers.

Tags: Cinderella Infernal Infiltration Droid Bot Missions Grenades Legion exile Boost Did You Know? Titan Birthday

Hello everyone,

Posting here to report that Fay Beee has formally retired from the in-game moderator position. It is unfortunate, and everyone enjoyed her around the team and the dedication she brought with her. I'm sure you will still see the bright, friendly, and great person you all have known for so long hanging around and battling in-game still. We wish her the best and appreciate all the work she has done in the time of her being a moderator :)

Battle On!
~Practel

P.S: Bagged and tagged!

< Message edited by Practel -- 8/7/2012 14:07:36 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/7/2012 11:18:46   
Calogero

I just noticed Fay Beee is back on the All Time Fame...

Vhat happened?

this 4th vault might be the last but statisticly, It's 2 - 2 ;)

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
8/7/2012 11:18:54   
AztecFighter

i was just going to post that.
anyways on topic cant wait for the bot! and happy birthday to you titan

< Message edited by AztecFighter -- 8/7/2012 12:03:31 >
DF Epic  Post #: 3
8/7/2012 11:20:18   
helloguy

Typo in titans birthday part inanity insanity
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
8/7/2012 11:20:54   
Lord Loss...

quote:

while the Exiles have a significant lead, the Legion can’t be ruled out just yet!

I agree, it's exactly like professional wrestling. It's not staged so you never know who's on top in the end.

quote:

Maybe I’ll post pictures on my Twitter!

Sounds like a threat.

< Message edited by Lord Loss... -- 8/7/2012 11:21:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/7/2012 11:21:16   
shadesofblue

The only things I really noticed was the nuetral mecha cruiser and the new bots :3

< Message edited by shadesofblue -- 8/7/2012 11:26:31 >

If you have an object and I have an object and we switch objects, we both still have one object. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we switch ideas, we now both have two ideas.
AQW  Post #: 6
8/7/2012 11:29:18   
ScarletReaper

^same here. wonder if it's time to replace pyrofly. We'll see.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
8/7/2012 11:42:15   
Renegade Reaper

based on what they said about the new bots, it might actually make juggernaut hard again. this is because if both opponents have the bot, and the battle goes on for a while, they might be able to kill you with a couple of hits, depending on the damage gain over time. i think that this new varium bot might actually replace my trusty gamma bot for juggernaut, depending on whether or not it has both an energy and physical attack. but even if it only has one type of attack, i think i could work my stats so that it would work.
i hope titan's
quote:

it’s possible that Titan has forged in his mighty foundry an item of such power and inanity that it cannot be comprehended.
is a mutating weapon or something. either way, i think ill get some varium this week. and i can't wait to sell my useless pyro fly. its extra varium for me as soon as i can sell it

~Renegade Reaper

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
8/7/2012 11:47:18   
Cookielord12

Did I just read non varium bot??????
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
8/7/2012 11:55:08   
shadesofblue

^Yes you did.
AQW  Post #: 10
8/7/2012 11:56:15   
Cookielord12

Lol what a great week :)

Great boost for Tanks

Happy Birthday Titan! ......and me!

< Message edited by Cookielord12 -- 8/7/2012 11:58:51 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
8/7/2012 11:57:54   
helloguy

All i see is another bot, a very costly varium wise and credit wise as well
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
8/7/2012 12:01:19   
Joe10112

Nonvar Bot? Might pick that up. I actually hope it is Energy. More damage the further you go into battle...is that its special ability or its normal "passive?".

Nonvar Primary. Nonvar Bot. Nonvar Armor coming next???
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
8/7/2012 12:18:10   
Naruto Uzamaki

No offence but legion and exile are tie we both open up 2 vaults so basically this isn't right after they open up this one so should we have 5th to break tie.
Post #: 14
8/7/2012 12:50:47   
Mr. Black OP

^
Your vaults total health put together is equal to this vault, so breaking the hardest vault is even harder than breaking the 2 your broke because Legion has even more time to catch up+an advantage and the 2nd vault Exile broke adds on to it.

Basically:
Exile's Total HP: 95 million (both vaults)
Legion's Total HP: 65 million (both vaults)

If all 4 vaults had the same health though then a 5th would be necessary

< Message edited by Mr. Black OP -- 8/7/2012 12:51:26 >
Epic  Post #: 15
8/7/2012 12:58:47   
Dreiko Shadrack

quote:

Typo in titans birthday part inanity insanity

That's not a typo, inanity is a real word. It effectively means it's very silly.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
8/7/2012 13:19:59   
od

quote:

Infernal Android comes in both varium and credit-only flavors.

Yay! New f2p armors! I'll have to do quite a lot of credit farming now
Epic  Post #: 17
8/7/2012 13:21:48   
King Helios

^Robots, not armors.

Why do we have Infernal Android and Pyro Fly?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
8/7/2012 13:21:53   
Cookielord12

^ Infernal Droid is a robot

Edit: Ninja'd

< Message edited by Cookielord12 -- 8/7/2012 13:22:37 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
8/7/2012 13:22:09   
Dreiko Shadrack

double ninja'd
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
8/7/2012 13:53:59   
od

In that case it is even better! I've been getting tired of my lil assault bot that I've had for almost 2 years now
Epic  Post #: 21
8/7/2012 13:56:08   
Fay Beeee

I for one, will not be saving my bombs for sell back. We get more from gems. lol

Epic  Post #: 22
8/7/2012 13:59:21   
carabuno

this bot seems to have the potential of being very OP
i dont have var until new promo comes out so i guess i get non var version for the time being
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
8/7/2012 13:59:24   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

Hello everyone,

Posting here to report that Fay Beee has formally retired from the in-game moderator position. It is unfortunate, and everyone enjoyed her around the team and the dedication she brought with her. I'm sure you will still see the bright, friendly, and great person you all have known for so long hanging around and battling in-game still. We wish her the best and appreciate all the work she has done in the time of her being a moderator :)

Battle On!
~Practel
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
8/7/2012 14:04:08   
King Helios

Looking at the DN's title, it seems very ironic.

Bye FayBeee!

We'll miss you as a mod.

Did this have to do with the "All-Time Fame" fiasco?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= August 7th Design Notes - This Is The End, Beautiful Friend
Page 1 of 912345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition