Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New Bot

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New Bot
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/11/2012 18:13:44   
Ranloth
Banned

Oba has a fair point with tanks, mind you, Rage is perfect against them so quick kill builds will crush them due to large Rage gain.

And sorry to be harsh, Nexus, but we don't know how the Bot works. Any formula as of how damage raises every turn, how much by and any info on the cap for the damage boost? That's what I'm on about. We know damage raises every turn but that doesn't mean much if you don't know how it works. Although I don't agree on Bot's Energy attack being unblockable and so strong (or so I've heard that it's unblockable). Apart from that, Bot was good addition and price is justified already.
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
8/11/2012 18:25:01   
shadesofblue

^
quote:

I have observed and finally come up with my own findings after testing this Infernal Android.

Special Attack:

Every turn increases 1.6x more damage than usual. Using the special at your first turn starts off with 1.5x less of the total damage of the bot. In this case, this bot will be a killer as it can destroy any build even with the highest resistance as the turns pass by.

From King Frostlich. I also noticed how the special doesn't increase after a certain amount of turns; a round 30 special did the same as a round 15 special on the level 1 City Guard.
AQW  Post #: 27
8/11/2012 18:27:23   
Nexus...

quote:

And sorry to be harsh, Nexus, but we don't know how the Bot works. Any formula as of how damage raises every turn, how much by and any info on the cap for the damage boost? That's what I'm on about. We know damage raises every turn but that doesn't mean much if you don't know how it works. Although I don't agree on Bot's Energy attack being unblockable and so strong (or so I've heard that it's unblockable). Apart from that, Bot was good addition and price is justified already.

I know enough about how the bot works to say that it utilizes an enhanced version of a rare special, which also has the ability to be vastly more powerful. Also, I thought i made it clear from the start that I was happy the bot was for Credits and Varium, I was just unhappy that out of all of the bot special suggestions, they chose to use one of their own, and consequentially one that also closely resembles a special that is part of a rare Robot. That is what this discussion is mostly about, but you know, feel free to discuss whatever you want.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 28
8/11/2012 18:32:38   
shadesofblue

^I think that it's fin how it's kinda like Gamma Bot; what's not fine is how it has a unblockable and stronger special. Just wait until 5 focus CH's get nerfed; and all cause of a bot that wasn't even our idea.....
AQW  Post #: 29
8/11/2012 18:35:52   
DestruRaGe

I think that this bot should be rare.
Epic  Post #: 30
8/11/2012 18:38:07   
shadesofblue

^You're telling me it's not going rare!?
AQW  Post #: 31
8/11/2012 18:38:39   
Nexus...

Now all I need is a robot that disables the enemies robot. Still think they had many, many, options, and instead of doing something new and innovative, they decided to choose something that is very frustrating for a certain group of people in the community (just like Eggzooka's upset Bunnyzooka users). Guess we will have to wait and see what happens, I have cooled off a little now, sorry if I got defensive -- just a little bit upset at the moment.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 32
8/11/2012 18:40:18   
shadesofblue

^That bot should be non-varium :3 Right now, there is no counter to the Infernal Android other than kill it's owner before he can use it :P
AQW  Post #: 33
8/11/2012 18:42:57   
DestruRaGe

^man it is for 14k credits or for 500 varium. No difference in power.
Epic  Post #: 34
8/11/2012 18:46:47   
shadesofblue

^Umm wut? When did i say there was a difference in power?
AQW  Post #: 35
8/11/2012 18:49:10   
DestruRaGe

You said that it should be non varium and im telling you that IT IS!
Epic  Post #: 36
8/11/2012 18:53:05   
shadesofblue

^No, I was talking about the bot that disables other bots :P
AQW  Post #: 37
8/11/2012 19:21:11   
Bunshichi

How can we even put up a fight in juggs now, half the time we get caught up in playing defense off crits alone.

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
8/11/2012 19:54:47   
Lord Machaar

The new bot is pretty cool, according to its price, better than all my thoughts...and since the bot is that cool, the level range should be 31-35... but it's late to say that...

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 8/11/2012 19:57:50 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 39
8/11/2012 19:55:11   
Mother1

Ok I can understand how you are upset about this bot attacks being just like gamma, only a supercharged version of it, but you forgot some things. For starters the bot ability is that it's special increases in power every turn. Meaning that only the energy beam is supercharged not the normal attack. Also there is more then just these two bots that can use both attacks. Don't forget the pyro fly can use both attacks as well only differences is that the attacks are switched, and the physical can only be used once.

Also as I stated before this bot's power lies in the time of a duel. Finish the person off quickly, and boom you don't have a problem that is the weakness of this bot.

Oh now for the bot that disables other bots I am sorry to say this but in a way it wouldn't be original either. I mean sure it would be since there isn't a bot that doesn't stop other bots, but no since it would be in a way ripping off the pyro fly's ability since the pyro fly can disable a random move. So in a way if would be a more power version of that ability only directed at the bot instead. Also if this bot was made then the possible new balance that was made with this bot will be destroyed since every strength user would get this bot to counter Infernal Android.

But on another note, I don't understand why they didn't make a difference in the varium and non varium versions of the bot to make people want to buy the varium version if they use it. I know for a fact that most players wouldn't even look at the varium version of the bot unless they only have varium and not credits, but since the bot isn't rare most will just grind until they have the credits for it and buy it like that. Making the bot rare and disappearing with the war or making the Varium version of the bot somewhat stronger in base might have convince people otherwise.
Epic  Post #: 40
8/11/2012 19:59:59   
Ranloth
Banned

You said it yourself, Mother1, Varium is for those with no Credits. Simple as. Early on, you may need Credits more than at top Level when it's all about stocking up on Credits so they become useless for you thus going for Credit version. Varium is for those who are saving for something or easy alternative for those who do Offers or have $5 spare for 1000 BattleOn Points to get 500 Varium package (with low-leveled weapon + small amount of Credits) and get the Bot which can be of big use at low Level.
Both version will stay in-game, they aren't going rare just like Yeti Bot stayed but new Bot has no Rare status or such so it's to add variety + another Bot for Non-Varium which is great, rather than making it only for Varium players. It comes down to choice, grind for Credits and don't pay a penny for the Bot or use your own money and get the Bot easy way by paying Varium for it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 41
8/11/2012 20:03:53   
DunkThatOreo

Who cares if it is unoriginal? This bot is amazing and not only is it amazing it is only worth 14k credits or 500 varium! Bout time they made some reasonable priced items in game.
Epic  Post #: 42
8/11/2012 20:05:32   
digimon slayer

I Think the new bot is the best because i have already got a new hit record which is 84
Post #: 43
8/11/2012 20:07:47   
truc

Amazing job devs, I love the non var and var balanced.
How dare some of you complain, its very fair in many reasons. /smh

Proud Leader of Cold Blooded!
Epic  Post #: 44
8/11/2012 20:09:10   
shadesofblue

@Mother1

If you think about it, the bot costs 500 varium or 14k credits, so 1 varium is worth 28 credits. Not the best ratio, as the best enchancement deal is 1 varium for 50 credits. But, 14k is also a lot of credits, so if you enchance 3 slots credits (12.5k) then enchance 7 slots (950 varium) , you save around 750 varium, which is using less credits and saving more varium.
AQW  Post #: 45
8/11/2012 20:10:32   
Mother1

Ok The original poster seems to care since he thinks this is an overpowered version of gamma. but I personally am glad that they made this bot the way it is. And as I said before it will help bring back other builds since more then half of the players are BM. But in all honestly I think the OP wouldn't be so upset if this bot stuck with one kind of attack instead of two or if the attacks were flipped like the Pyro fly is.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/11/2012 20:16:58 >
Epic  Post #: 46
8/11/2012 20:10:28   
Stabilis

quote:

non var and var balanced

I prefer this as well. The same item, obtain it by work or pay. Fair to all players in the world of balance and the gap.
AQ Epic  Post #: 47
8/11/2012 20:12:42   
DunkThatOreo

The new robot is cheap, its awesome, does amazing damage, has great animations, buyable for credits or varium and STILL some people complain about, I don't understand the epicduel community :/
Epic  Post #: 48
8/11/2012 20:18:04   
shadesofblue

^By making the new robot so strong, players who choose not to use the robot will be at a strong disadvantage. What if players don't want to be a tanky 4/5 focus player or don't have the enchancements to do so?

< Message edited by shadesofblue -- 8/11/2012 20:22:10 >
AQW  Post #: 49
8/11/2012 20:24:08   
DunkThatOreo

ALL robots do not just this one you silly muffin
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New Bot
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition