Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Infernal Android

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Infernal Android
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/13/2012 14:11:19   
Hun Kingq

King FrostLich, got the pics or videos it did not happen, ha ha ha, how does that comment make you feel. Joking set aside do you get 88 damage every time you rage or does the damage go up and down?

So now Cyber Hunters have to reconsider their builds and think what if this person has the bot and when will they use the bot.Just because they have noob gear as you call it, it matters what focus you have and how high your tech is. This bot makes the near impossible wins possible. The near unbeatable tank Cyber Hunter builds beatable so why change that? Does everyone really want to nerf the new bot to oblivion where the Cyber Hunters can dominate even more.

As I always say be careful what you ask for you might not like what you get.
Epic  Post #: 51
8/13/2012 14:13:25   
midnight assassin

Well I guess history repeats itself. I'm very disappointed that we guys are returning back to gamma because of the focus build.

< Message edited by midnight assassin -- 8/13/2012 14:16:36 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
8/13/2012 14:17:56   
friend18

quote:

King FrostLich, got the pics or videos it did not happen, ha ha ha, how does that comment make you feel. Joking set aside do you get 88 damage every time you rage or does the damage go up and down?

So now Cyber Hunters have to reconsider their builds and think what if this person has the bot and when will they use the bot.Just because they have noob gear as you call it, it matters what focus you have and how high your tech is. This bot makes the near impossible wins possible. The near unbeatable tank Cyber Hunter builds beatable so why change that? Does everyone really want to nerf the new bot to oblivion where the Cyber Hunters can dominate even more.

As I always say be careful what you ask for you might not like what you get.

Tank cybers were never that great. It's all about strategy and taking control of the game. The Infernal Android allows "noob" builds to win, which isn't fair because this game shouldn't be based on mostly luck. It should be based on skill and knowing what to do in various situations. The Infernal Android removes the need for skill by having players stall with field medic and health boosts and then firing off the Infernal Android's special once or twice for an instant win.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 53
8/13/2012 14:34:42   
Mother1

Friend18 noob builds really? Before the bot came along Cyber hunter and Strength blood mages dominated the game. Do you really think it takes skill to switch to a blood mage, spam strength and health, and get a wham bam thank you ma am win (Mean a 2 turn victory) Also even with all the nerfs cyber hunters have gotten over the evolution of epic duel they are still dominating just like strength blood mages.

While I will admit it sometimes suck to lose a match that should be your due to luck (90 health being taken by a rage energy blast from the bot when the user has only 7 hp left) I still think it is better for other classes to win besides the old ones that would dominate us before.

Besides do you know how long the admins wanted people to use the focus build (Since they wanted the players to use the balance build) but users never used them because they would get clobbered by the other builds? for the longest time heck they even put in penelties for people who would spam a certain stat but people would still spam anyways because the draw back never really out weighted the pro.

The bot as said many times before was made to help promote the use of focus builds as well as give them a fighting chance against all the tanks and strength builds out there and now that it has happened those users are butt hurt or upset and what the bot nerfed to the point were their classes would dominate again.

But in all sadness no matter what happens there will never be balance in this game. There will always be a class or type of build that will dominate it has been like this sense the beginning, and I highly doubt it will ever chance no matter now many nerf's buffs, or other things are done.
Epic  Post #: 54
8/13/2012 14:34:45   
STRUT MY MUTT

I love the new bot. I never used a focus/bot build until this one came out. This bot has saved me from certain loss quite a few times now. I'm doing 82-90 rage damage.
Post #: 55
8/13/2012 14:36:41   
Mr. Black OP

^
That's the problem.
Epic  Post #: 56
8/13/2012 14:41:03   
Hun Kingq

friend18, Tank Cyber Hunters may not be that great in your opinion but when they have EMP, malfunction, static charge, and massacre and they EMP you to death, then malfunction, than massacre and you use up all your boosters and have no other way of getting energy back, getting blocked every strike and you shot them you either get damage below 20 with level 35 weapons or damage less than 10 when they deflect over and over again and the only chance left is the bot.

So nerfing the damage or making it deflectable will give the unfair advantage to the Cyber Hunters once again.
Epic  Post #: 57
8/13/2012 14:58:56   
friend18

Actually malfunction was a waste IMO. I'd use it as an opening move, but that's about it. And a good cyber hunter build doesn't rely on massacre... It's cost-prohibitive and can be easily avoided (by a simple emp or a atom smasher right after the static).

A bot that allows semi-decent builds to win isn't fair. Especially when it encourages "noobs" to start heckling good players.

Mother1, I've faced you several times. If you had atom smashed me right after my static, you'd be in the clear (I follow a personal set of guidelines when determining my next move, if they static, always, ALWAYS use emp or atom smasher). Energy (in my eyes) used to be one of the most important things. Now that the bot is here, there's no point in using emp. In fact, blood mage strength builds are still going full force. They just rage with the bot now and heal for even more... All they had to do was enhance strength and then put their stat points into other categories to reach the 5 focus requirement. Even tank cyber hunter builds are still doing decently well. The biggest problem is that the bot is allowing luck-sacks. That's not fair when it occurs 50%+ of the time. I don't like losing when I'm at 75 health and my opponent is at 1 health (yes, this just happened to me).

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
8/13/2012 15:01:22   
One Winged Angel1357

@Hun you cannot conclude that only one side was turned into Infernal Android but it is safe to say that both sides are the Infernal Androids because Baelius only cares about power so no matter what side you were on. The Legion has already shown in the past that just because you are one of them does not mean you are safe from them.

Anyway a good support build from a TM or CH might be able to rival the Focus build because bots need Technology for power and with the Infernal Android equip you cannot use the Assault Bot's special to save yourself from a powerful Malfunction.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 59
8/13/2012 15:06:20   
friend18

^Good idea, although at some point, the malf doesn't really do much. I've tried it and by the time they get to their second special attack, I'm dead regardless if I reduced the damage
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 60
8/13/2012 15:16:43   
Mother1

Friend18 the point I was trying to make was that even before this bot came out people could get 60+ damage with an attack with or without crits as well as with or without rage (Most of the attacks I mention can't be used with rage) But you never heard anyone whining "Oh my god I got hit with an attack that deal me 60+ damage nerf it nerf it!"

Also I am not complaining about you beating me when I was a merc and you were a cyber hunter. When I was a merc I would never use the atom smasher because the skill points need to get it would mess with my build. Besides even when I made that build I made to be able to still win even if I lost my best moves.

Now with the lost at 75 health when your opponent has one point as I said before I can relate to that one since it happened to me since I was dealing with a tank tech merc who had high healthing and boosters to stall for time. However, instead of complaining I am looking for ways to counter this. As someone mentioned before support build tech mage/cyber hunter since with high support they can malf the user using the bot and since they don't have an assault bot on you can cream them and the bot will be useless or extremely weakened.

But on another note since people are thinking of nerfs for the bot here are a few I came up with.

1 Make the attack highly deflectable instead of unblockable (Give users better survial rate)
2 Make it so you can't use it with rage (Since rage ignores 45% of defense which a lot of people seem to be forgetting which is why it hurts even the tankest of CH if use correctly)

3 After using the bot make the power it gained reset back to the bottom
4 combine numbers 1 and 3

What do you think of those nerfs friend18?
Epic  Post #: 61
8/13/2012 15:19:34   
One Winged Angel1357

@Friend18 its a catch 22 if you go for a high support build to malf you have to give up in the area of quick wins and you get killed by an even stronger special from the bot. If you go for 5 focus and use the bot if you go second you better pray for some luck
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 62
8/13/2012 15:20:43   
friend18

Those are better ideas. My only complaint with the bot is that it's OP atm. Of course, there are various solutions. I don't like the can't use with rage idea as much because I use a build that takes a lot of time to win. I changed my build to a focus build, but it's not as fun (since all I'm really doing is attacking and trying to stay alive so that I can use my bot's special). I like the reset idea and the highly deflectable idea. Both of those ideas combined would be the best option IMO. Otherwise, players will just drag out the fight and then use the bot anyways, hitting for 30+ damage (which in a longer fight is pretty deadly).
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 63
8/13/2012 15:21:20   
Hun Kingq

friend18, Welcome to the Blood Mage world where we have high health than bam unblockable massacre and the Hunter is at 16 health one more turn the Blood mage world have won. Or in 2vs2 the classes with high energy stealing skills get really nasty making the player waste boost after boost by EMP them 3 or 4 times.

The very first players that was calling for the nerf was Legion they wanted to have it nerfed right here right now because how dare an Exile beat me, we are Legion "we are indestructible", we are Cyber Hunters "how dare you beat me I am suppose to be unbeatable" Staff, this is Legion, "We have turned and Exile into a powerful bot, nerf it now we command you, nerf it now. We did not mean for Exiles to get it first, nerf it now!!"
Epic  Post #: 64
8/13/2012 15:23:15   
One Winged Angel1357

@Hun on the day we broke the vault Me Eloy2006 and Ashn0 where sitting there going haha wow this thing is OP'd lets go to Exile and Abuse it. So we knew it was OP'd from day one but we didn't complain because we were abusing it

Also we were sitting there wondering when it would get nerfed
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 65
8/13/2012 15:25:03   
friend18

Actually, I never cared if Legion got it first or not. All that matters atm is that it's OP and that it needs a nerf... I don't mind if a side gets a reward for finishing first, but if the item is OP, it's not really fair for any of the players. I prefer to have more control over each fight, since ED IS a strategy game. The Infernal Android kills the strategy part (AND getting called a noob when I get luck-sacked is irritating, especially when I say gg as the match ends and they say SMD or noob). I'm going to talk to a mod later on and have them deal with Blake Valentine.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 66
8/13/2012 15:35:02   
Mother1

friend18, I can feel for you on that one as well. While I wasn't called a bad name by a user, whenever I would say GG GF etc some users would call me a noob when they blasted me with the bot as well.

But on another note a have lost a lot of matches in the past basic on just that the luck factor (Mean I can use an unblockable move, and my attack get blocked or somehow a person with low support get a crit on me or two in a row) However like you said never in my life have I exprienced losing when I had 90 HP and my opponent had only 7 due to a rage attack. But on the side note at least this user didn't say anything insulting to me like blake valentine did all they said to me was the usual good game.
Epic  Post #: 67
8/13/2012 15:41:50   
zameel

The only people who like these new robots are those that already had focus builds to start with, and they dont have to change anything, or people who could only win 1 in 10 games and now with this new bot they can win much more frequently.
Post #: 68
8/13/2012 15:42:19   
friend18

Yes, Mother1. The fact that good sportsmanship goes down the drain is a little disappointing. At least before the bot, these types of players wouldn't beat me, and I wouldn't feel that bad being insulted by them. But, losing to them due to mostly luck (with them starting first, getting several criticals etc.), and then getting insulted by them afterwards is just irritating. I've rarely insulted players. I've only done so when they've spent the entire game heckling me and saying that they're better (that's happened three times at this point, most players figure that if they're losing to someone with a good win ratio, it's not worth it to insult them).

@above poster - Wrong. Almost everyone is using a focus build now. If a build is a broken, most people will just copy that build. Before this, I used my own unique build (kind of a strength build with decent mix of dex and tech - rather than a massacre build). I had to switch over (I rarely copy builds, I normally do this for play testing) because there was no way for me to win, unless I used the focus build with the bot. I mean, being able to hit 60+ damage every few turns with no energy cost, while you aren't even on rage is ridiculous. It essentially sets a timer on the game. You have to basically kill them before they can use the bot (which is very difficult, even if I crit them with my current amount of strength - min damage of 20 not including the weapon, there's no way for me to reliably take them out - the occasional lucky block etc.).

< Message edited by friend18 -- 8/13/2012 15:47:30 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 69
8/13/2012 15:47:15   
zameel

is the "above poster" me? If so, your saying you like the robot a lot.
Post #: 70
8/13/2012 15:48:20   
friend18

^Not once did I say I liked the bot. Please read the post again.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 71
8/13/2012 15:49:12   
zameel

then why you call me wrong? By calling me wrong means you like the bot.

< Message edited by zameel -- 8/13/2012 15:51:06 >
Post #: 72
8/13/2012 15:50:18   
priest_hidan

r u serious? the bot actually solved a ton of problem. now there is a way to defeat the tankers who just had too much dex and tech which made there res and def around 50. that's crazy. but the blood mages and cyber hunters are a bit over powered.
AQW Epic  Post #: 73
8/13/2012 15:51:00   
Hun Kingq

One Winged Angel1357, so you and Eloy2006 created the bot no one new what it would do or how much damage would do and only the staff knew that information.

Mother1, the programming of the bots are tied together so making it deflectable will also affect any bot know or future bots making it where you can't use at rage will also affect any current bots or future bots this was told to us by the staff in the past.

If they reduce the damage then the classes with debuff skills (smoke and malfunction) will have the unfair advantage which they do already but to make it more unfair.

If the staff decides to give in and nerf the bot it will not be the nerf you want and will put one or more classes at a greater disadvantage, do you really want that?

Radio went silent staff came back, "Legion too bad your reign has ended, Cyber Hunters too bad you high win ratio is over. Do not bring up this matter anymore. Legion you turned a mad Exile into a Android, you created this monster so learn how to fight it." end communication.
Epic  Post #: 74
8/13/2012 15:52:01   
friend18

zameel, I said wrong because most players are using it (while you had said that only players using focus 5 builds and players who won 1 in 10 games did). A lot of players didn't use focus 5 builds (at least within the past few months) before the bot had come out. Now, most players are using it and the game isn't fun.

I mean the only people who like this bot atm are players with generally lower win ratios. It's a way for them to earn more wins. Of course, for the people with high win ratios, we don't like this. I don't like playing a game where someone can just get lucky. This is a STRATEGY game. It takes STRATEGY to win, not an OP item that has no energy cost and can deal more damage than almost any skill in the game.

< Message edited by friend18 -- 8/13/2012 15:55:09 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Infernal Android
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition