Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XI

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XI
Page 23 of 29«<2122232425>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/29/2012 0:53:23   
Blaze The Aion Ender

It's fine
There is nothing changed
In fact, I love it when people uses it, I have decent defenses, and it does next to nothing in 2v2
Only good for jugg, or rage 2v2

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 551
9/29/2012 1:54:30   
rayniedays56

@luna

I agree that the gun is EXTREMELY OP'd with strength builds. But I remember seeing you and you said it was ok with other builds, which I highly agree.

I'm the merc you fought today with the Skull Boomstick :)

Some balance issues I see:

Mercs are QUITE powerful until level 26-30

Bounties are not that powerful until level 18+

TM's become a HUGE issue due to PB's low cost and high damage in the 20+

Cybers are VERY powerful in the lower levels, and then they drop off in higher

TLM's are...well tanky. Even in the lowest level i have seen, about level 14, they are tanking. Issues?

BM's are...well...still powerful. Now that Fireball was weakened, they just abuse rage gun bludgeon

The INF Android is still quite powerful, but lets leave it be for the non vars. It seems that only the vars abuse this to the extreme.

Assault bots are non existant now :O WHY PEOPLE WHY!!!!

So. 2 main bots used (that I see)

#1 Infernal Android
#2 Gamma Bot
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 552
9/29/2012 1:54:39   
theholyfighter

Just went through a few pages.... Ppl saying that "Cybers barely invest energy b4 the static nerf......TMs(non-casters) and TLM seldom invest energy too! Currently static IS just a PARASITE. It has the name of energy regain but actually does no use. Here's an idea:
For Static, the energy regain should be scaled.
Lvl 1: 1 regain. Lvl 2: 3 regain. Lvl 3: 5 regain. Lvl 4: 6. Lvl 5: 7......All the way to MAX 12 energy regain.

Or, the same scaling as PA. Lvl 1: 1 energy gain.+1 all the way to Lvl 10: 10 energy gain.

< Message edited by theholyfighter -- 9/29/2012 1:56:27 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 553
9/29/2012 2:14:10   
Blaze The Aion Ender

@raynieday

I sold my assault bot since they nerfed it to garbage
You're basically better off just trooping through the debuff than wasting a turn to remove half it's effect, but giving them a free turn
And for BM, yeah, the str ones just quit using fireball, still very strong if done correctly
I'm not sure how they would nerf this type of BM without nerfing the 5 focus

Another issue, which I am insanely tired of, is the power of massacre
People will do 50 damage, easy, when I have buffed myself up, and lowered their str
It need's a nerf
Although, it would be good if you could nerf it without nerfing cyber hunter, but that skill is just the most powerful ultimate skill, far stronger than the rest
The only class you really see on the leaderboards now, with 90% win rates, is str BH
Followed by caster tech mage, which I have seen die down slightly

Basically, weaken:
Str BM, because they just do this now: Gun, Bludgeon, Strike/Intimidate, Gun, Bludgeon, which can do up to 200 damage if it doesn't get blocked or deflected
Mass Abuse Str BH
Caster TM

Provide a different build option for TLM other than tank, because it is truly the only build that works

Merc, just make the 2nd passive work slightly better, problems solved, after seeing how the class all works

Cyber Hunter is finally balanced, good build options that AREN'T strength, or overly relying on Static Charge
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 554
9/29/2012 2:19:06   
Reki

Well i got halfway through typing my thoughts when i realized @Raynieday already said what i had in mind to the letter.
SO im just going to second what she said :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 555
9/29/2012 7:16:57   
kosmo

Blood mages now can use unblockable skillz for 5 turns wich are only improoving with strenght???????This might be op...
Epic  Post #: 556
9/29/2012 7:19:06   
Silver Sky Magician

Anyone feel that the Dragonoid Brain should be nerfed? It's virtually impossible to beat for non-varium players, especially if those players do not have enhancements. I'm thinking that removing all chance for the Brain to block, deflect or crit would be good.
Post #: 557
9/29/2012 8:19:15   
theholyfighter

^nope...I'm a non-var with barely any enhancements. Beat it on 4th try. Just need the right build for it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 558
9/29/2012 11:15:54   
Wraith

CH is somewhat UPed.

Just my 2c.

Yeah, I'm Mr. Obvious.

Q: Is changing to BH worth it? I plan on using a "StupidBuild" (one of Sparticus's Focus Builds) as a BH.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 559
9/29/2012 12:08:20   
King Helios

I was thinking, and:

Anyway to give Tactical MErcs Berzerker without massively OPing them? Replacing Toxic Grenade?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 560
9/29/2012 12:12:50   
Darkwing

^ only instead of reroute...if you don't want TLM to spam berserk
Post #: 561
9/29/2012 12:13:53   
King Helios

Let's see.

Heal-Double-Mineral (Nerf)
Stun-BS-Field
RR-Berzerker-Multi
SS-Atom-Poison (Nerf)

Seems balanced enough; maybe OP.

< Message edited by King Helios -- 9/29/2012 12:22:16 >
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 562
9/29/2012 12:17:52   
DestruRaGe

^What? no. The only skill I would say is worth changing for something else is stun grenade. Weak dmg, luck based and high energy req... Noone using that! well only some masochists. ;D
Epic  Post #: 563
9/29/2012 12:28:33   
King Helios

BTW, i say that only because TlM should have a 'burst' skill.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 564
9/29/2012 12:30:31   
Darkwing

"mineral( nerf)" as in remove or make it weaker? if we remove it/make it weak, then the only shield tlm would have is ....bloodlust( that eats HP)
Post #: 565
9/29/2012 12:40:38   
King Helios

I realized that that is not necessary: I meant to lower defences to ~8 at max, but since there are only 10 levels...
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 566
9/29/2012 12:45:58   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@king Once I again I must bring out the point that "Not every class needs the same type of skills." If you didn't notice, BHs and CHs lack a burst damage skill that isn't Massacre. Nor do mages or regular merc have a poison skill. The classes are supposed to be different and TLM is supposed to be a defensive class to outlast the enemy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 567
9/29/2012 12:49:08   
King Helios

^ True. However, Merc was made as an offensive class; they have Hybrid Armor and Adrenaline (slows enemies' rage as well).

I'm not sure if this is needed, but they should at least get something.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 568
9/29/2012 12:52:39   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@king Merc is more of that oddball, jack of all trades class. They've got several build options to them and can exceed very well at doing them all. I've even seen offensive tanks that can wipe the floor with people at some points in time. Just because the starter version is like this doesn't mean the evolved has to be. BM is nothing like TM.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 569
9/29/2012 13:02:01   
Wootz

quote:

CH is somewhat UPed.

Just my 2c.

Yeah, I'm Mr. Obvious.

Q: Is changing to BH worth it? I plan on using a "StupidBuild" (one of Sparticus's Focus Builds) as a BH.

121 Support is somewhat OPed.
And not really, I was one until yesterday. I just got bored real quick of it. But Strenght builds generaly dominate and 5 Focus aswell, if you last as much.
AQW Epic  Post #: 570
9/29/2012 13:13:37   
King Helios

^ BH Dex Build (remember)? :3
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 571
9/29/2012 15:25:11   
The Astral Fury

I'd say Tlm are fine, but yes they are a tank classes, they don't have debuff's to more damage and make the enemy deflec or block more and make you deflec and block less, like the others and don't do the most damage, they do moderate to low damage, but for the very purposse to outlast the enemy with their tank builds. Where the others classes it's do alot of damage debuff and weaken them and get the battle over quick.

What are the OP classes right now?

1. Merc: It's a good class, but it's too all over the place with werid build options that aren't really the greatest and it's hard t find the right build it's hard just to stick to a few skills, not to mention the high EP cost's for the skills compared to the ther classes. (Buff, make easier to use)

2.Tlm: Fine right now it's a tank class dosen't do alot of damage and dosen't have any burst or debuff skills, but is a nice tank class made to outlast the enemy. (No Buff or Nerf Necassary)

3.BM: With the new gun combined with Blood Lust, Deadly Aim, bludgeon with a strength build, ouch ya, not a huge nerf, but do something to keep the stregth build going, but so it can't use thatdeadly combo. (Nerf, bt not too big.)

4. CH: It needs a reroute or something or even a buff to staic charge becasue it is not cutting it we need to give it a EP regaining move. (A buff Help it wth EP)

5. TM: Haven't seen too many of casters now and they can be beaten if you play your cards right, but increase PB EP cost and give it a stat requirement. (Nerf, But not too bad)

6. BH: Wow wow wow this is the average battle with a BH. He smokes you now your gonna get blocked alot more, because..... he just got rid of a ton of your dex, has shadow arts, he has a dex abusing build with triple dex than what you have, with some awesome strength still backing him up and he's probably never gonna get blocked not to mention your defenses are cut pretty bad so he'll do tons of damage and regian HP from it too. And wait theres more your at half HP you think you got a chance then..... he masscres you, ouch and yes people say... "YOU CAN EASILY KILL BH'S WITH A SMART ENERGY DRAINING MOVE!!" No ok most builds don't include a energy draining move or else they have to sacrafice one of there moves that helps the class alot and they won't give that up for one class. And even if you stop him form using masscre and still will do tons of damage with his primary and sidearm. (It needs a nerf bad). We'll the dex BH do.

< Message edited by dragonman111 -- 9/29/2012 15:32:04 >
DF AQW  Post #: 572
9/29/2012 15:44:41   
Bunshichi

Disliked sa ever since it was introduced.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 573
9/29/2012 15:47:23   
The Astral Fury

I think BH needs a nerf espiecielly dex bounty hunters man I attacked them 5 times that battle didn't hit once, now I get that this game is based on luck, but really it's getting ridiculos.
DF AQW  Post #: 574
9/29/2012 16:02:23   
DestruRaGe

Agree. BHs are more annoying then BMs! To add to what dragonman111 said. Youre at half HP hoping that u can somehow win and BAM! they massacre you.
Even if you wont die, you heal BUT they will rage and kill you or leaving you with 1 shot which will be your last one before you die.
Since some time they started using a build like 138hp, 80energy, high massacre AND energy claws! Man thats so OPd! They smoke you, you reflex boost
or matrix but that wont save you cause they will still own you with energy strikes! And if needed rage phys gun you after ur shield run out. Good luck to everyone facing them,
you gonna need tons of that!

< Message edited by DestruRaGe -- 9/29/2012 16:04:04 >
Epic  Post #: 575
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XI
Page 23 of 29«<2122232425>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition