Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XI

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XI
Page 24 of 29«<2223242526>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/29/2012 16:02:27   
D.v.D.

Then , I must ask, does every class need a stun?
Is not having a stun skill feasible for tlm?
AQ Epic  Post #: 576
9/29/2012 16:11:52   
The Astral Fury

I'd say it is. But dosen't anyone agree BH needs a nerf really it's needed a nerf for a long time.

< Message edited by dragonman111 -- 9/29/2012 16:23:11 >
DF AQW  Post #: 577
9/29/2012 16:32:13   
Wootz

quote:

^ BH Dex Build (remember)? :3

Totaly, bro.

quote:

1. Merc: It's a good class, but it's too all over the place with werid build options that aren't really the greatest and it's hard t find the right build it's hard just to stick to a few skills, not to mention the high EP cost's for the skills compared to the ther classes. (Buff, make easier to use)

It's easy to make a great Mercenary build. People just don't know how to do it.

quote:

2.Tlm: Fine right now it's a tank class dosen't do alot of damage and dosen't have any burst or debuff skills, but is a nice tank class made to outlast the enemy. (No Buff or Nerf Necassary)

Bot damage can be a huge pain, though.

quote:

3.BM: With the new gun combined with Blood Lust, Deadly Aim, bludgeon with a strength build, ouch ya, not a huge nerf, but do something to keep the stregth build going, but so it can't use thatdeadly combo. (Nerf, bt not too big.)

The new gun doesn't change the Health regen, nor makes it overpowered because there are better guns for Strenght builds. (I'd advise reading G00NY's post on page before)

quote:

4. CH: It needs a reroute or something or even a buff to staic charge becasue it is not cutting it we need to give it a EP regaining move. (A buff Help it wth EP)

Reroute, no. Static Charge, maybe... I get quite a lot of Energy back. The most I regened is 24 EP (From 21 up to 45) with a 72 damage Critical Strike (16-20+35 primary), and I usually regen around 12-15 Energy without having a critical.

quote:

5. TM: Haven't seen too many of casters now and they can be beaten if you play your cards right, but increase PB EP cost and give it a stat requirement. (Nerf, But not too bad)

I'd just say Stat requirment, bringing back the 37 Strenght one would do it.

quote:

6. BH: Wow wow wow this is the average battle with a BH. He smokes you now your gonna get blocked alot more, because..... he just got rid of a ton of your dex, has shadow arts, he has a dex abusing build with triple dex than what you have, with some awesome strength still backing him up and he's probably never gonna get blocked not to mention your defenses are cut pretty bad so he'll do tons of damage and regian HP from it too. And wait theres more your at half HP you think you got a chance then..... he masscres you, ouch and yes people say... "YOU CAN EASILY KILL BH'S WITH A SMART ENERGY DRAINING MOVE!!" No ok most builds don't include a energy draining move or else they have to sacrafice one of there moves that helps the class alot and they won't give that up for one class. And even if you stop him form using masscre and still will do tons of damage with his primary and sidearm. (It needs a nerf bad). We'll the dex BH do.

It doesn't need a nerf. I counter it much easier with a Support build.
1. I get the first turn, boom -50 Technology, making his Technology around 0-0 and Smoke Screen around 20
He Smokes me, boom, -20 Dexterity don't mean nothin' on a 20-24 Defense build!
2. I Static Charge, which always connects bringing my Energy up enough for a level 1 Massacre
He strikes or uses a gun attack
3. Boom, I do over 60 damage by my Auxiliary bringing his Health down to almost none and if I do a critical, I bring it to none!
He heals or strikes me
4. Booyah, I use that gangstah level 1 Massacre and kill him doing over 60 damage with 67 Strenght!

That's a totaly overpowered Bounty Hunter there, bro.
AQW Epic  Post #: 578
9/29/2012 16:52:54   
The Astral Fury

Not every one has or wants to do a surport build though and not everyone is a CH and not everyone has the varuim for enchamnets to make an surport build you get what I mean it's only your build and class you can really do that too what about the other classes and their builds how many times they get blocked and are just punching bags. And by the way is there a unfair advantage agiasnt a level 31 Tlm and a level 35 DEX BH?

EDIT: So I'd say they do need a nerf that argument is invalid you argument has to apply to every class and build.

< Message edited by dragonman111 -- 9/29/2012 16:58:34 >
DF AQW  Post #: 579
9/29/2012 16:53:11   
Blaze The Aion Ender

You have an easy time because of the debuffs you have, plus with supp build, your defense matrix would add a TON of defenses
I was easily killing them as a techmage, but without defense matrix, it get's far more difficult
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 580
9/29/2012 16:58:55   
The Astral Fury

Blaze I'm glad someone see's my logic, I'm glad soemone has some sense (Not that you don't Wtooz).

< Message edited by dragonman111 -- 9/29/2012 16:59:27 >
DF AQW  Post #: 581
9/29/2012 17:08:28   
kingpowerlord

LOL WTOOZ,

Ummm, so.. Who ever thinks bh is op u mad bro? Cus bh hasn't received a buff in ages and aabout 9 or so threads everyone was saying its Up, its not the class its the user, now go improve your skills.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 582
9/29/2012 17:19:25   
Rayman
Banned

BH IS Fine And Balanced, If you can't Win a bh Re-Check you'r strategy.
AQW Epic  Post #: 583
9/29/2012 17:24:32   
DestruRaGe

^ahahahahahaah BH balanced best joke in ED. Alright I rechecked my strategy, BH still unbalanced.
Epic  Post #: 584
9/29/2012 17:33:02   
Rayman
Banned

^
If u say.
AQW Epic  Post #: 585
9/29/2012 17:44:56   
Ranloth
Banned

DestruRaGe, stop being ignorant. You cannot make everyone agree with you because it's just like Hun and UP BMs.. >_>

Use EP draining skill; all classes but BMs have one, use Reflex/Matrix to cover yourself; all classes but Mercs have one, use Malf to cripple their Smoke; 2 classes have it, use Intimidate to cripple their damage; 2 classes have it and BMs can make good use outta it as well as Mercs. Sorry but your strategy sucks for them perhaps, my Focus 5 TM deals fine with them when I use Malf (if 1st) or Matrix (if 2nd) as well as Assimilate deals with them nicely. If you use Str (no-brainer) against BHs and expect to win or rant that they are OP because you lost then good luck. Besides, Mass had a nerf already before so funny how you say they are OP now and they were even stronger before yet it wasn't a problem.
So as I said, you have either of these skills - Shields, debuffs, etc. - for a reason. If you cannot make a use outta them then it's your problem, you cannot blame the whole class because you cannot beat them. One build is NOT supposed to give you 100% win, you ARE supposed to lose from time to time.
AQ Epic  Post #: 586
9/29/2012 17:59:28   
Rayman
Banned

quote:

I rechecked my strategy

You Did it Wrong.
AQW Epic  Post #: 587
9/29/2012 18:01:48   
DanniiBoiixD

Every build is suppose to be beatable by different builds/strategies. The only reason people think they (BH) are overpowered is because they don't have the intelligence to come up with strategies that aren't doing as much damage as possible within the least time possible. If you can't beat a particular build then it's just your build isn't made to beat it, or you just don't know how to beat it.. Overpowered is barely any strategy can defeat it, while I know from experience there are many builds that can counter it. Every time someone has a hard time beating a particular build, they come to the forums complaining and making accusations of it being OP'd. Start using you brain before you accuse the most balanced class in ED of being overpowered.
AQW Epic  Post #: 588
9/29/2012 18:03:51   
Ranloth
Banned

@DanniiBoiixD
Pretty much the best way possible to summarise it. Each build will have its strong points and weak points, if a build has none then there's a problem. BHs have quite a few weak ones which you can easily take advantage of.
AQ Epic  Post #: 589
9/29/2012 18:05:40   
Rayman
Banned

When i was Bh I Only used str for faction or for some fast creds on PH. But I usually Use This Focus With BH and takes the time but is fun.
AQW Epic  Post #: 590
9/29/2012 18:07:40   
Wootz

quote:

Not every one has or wants to do a surport build though and not everyone is a CH and not everyone has the varuim for enchamnets to make an surport build you get what I mean it's only your build and class you can really do that too what about the other classes and their builds how many times they get blocked and are just punching bags. And by the way is there a unfair advantage agiasnt a level 31 Tlm and a level 35 DEX BH?

EDIT: So I'd say they do need a nerf that argument is invalid you argument has to apply to every class and build.

It's true that no one can do it nor wants to.
Want to see other builds that can do the same?
  • Offensive Support Tech Mage with 67 Strenght, You could have a 50+ Malfuncion, Energy regen, huge Auxiliary damage, huge Side Arm damage and you can always put some points into other skills, as another offense.
  • Tank-Strenght Mercenary - it destroyes everything. Huge defense and resistance while having a great Primary damage can outperform everyone.
  • Strenght & Focus Blood Mage. I was a Strenght Bounty Hunter 'till two days ago, the ones who have any brains actually killed me without much effort.
  • Strenght Cyber Hunter - First turn is the key.
  • Strenght, Technology, Support, 5 Focus or Tank-Strenght Bounty Hunter (yes, it's possible). Since you so pro at Bounty Hunters, you should know it.
  • Tactical Mercenary. That's a 5 Focus one, with Energy drain, first turn, huge bot damage, tankiness

There, every single class in the game. You're welcome!

quote:

You have an easy time because of the debuffs you have, plus with supp build, your defense matrix would add a TON of defenses
    I was easily killing them as a techmage, but without defense matrix, it get's far more difficult

I don't even have that skill, although it has +31 Defense on level 1.

quote:

Ummm, so.. Who ever thinks bh is op u mad bro? Cus bh hasn't received a buff in ages and aabout 9 or so threads everyone was saying its Up, its not the class its the user, now go improve your skills.

umad brah *insert trollface*

quote:

^ahahahahahaah BH balanced best joke in ED. Alright I rechecked my strategy, BH still unbalanced.

It's the most balanced class in the game.

Trans, /brofist
    You lil' ninja, you!
  • AQW Epic  Post #: 591
    9/29/2012 18:26:54   
    Blaze The Aion Ender

Explain either what is wrong with this build, or how it can beat BH:

HP:110
    EP:52
    STR:45+22
    DEX:45+37
    TECH:45+43
    SUPP:45+17

Skill tree:
    2-1-2
    0-X-0
    4-4-0
    6-0-8

Check char page for gear

Tell me how to beat the str bh's, if it's possible WITHOUT luck on my part. Especially the BH's with energy primary, and phys other stuff
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 592
    9/29/2012 18:35:27   
    D.v.D.

enhance everything to dex
    max reflex
    max overload
    go lowest stat req other than dex
    110 hp
    100 or so ep
    dump the points to supercharge after 7 bloodlust
    ?????
    Profit
    AQ Epic  Post #: 593
    9/29/2012 18:36:17   
    DestruRaGe

Yea Yea alright nvm. No need changes! Remove this thread it has no point. Guys everything is balanced! No UP, no OP, its just you with the wrong strategy! Its all perfect, sorry for my ignorance.

(Yes! I cant use shields and skills right, I cant make a good build! ED is such a complex game ;( Im such a noob!).

Oh btw. 100% wins happens on leaderboards. And 90-99% is so low right?
    Epic  Post #: 594
    9/29/2012 19:06:44   
    Wootz

Oh, please 100% wins. Bah easy. NPCs. When I tried for Daily Solo today I've gotten over 10 times to battle people who I kill in 2-3 turns in the first five minutes after the restart. It can just be luck. No build has a 100% ratio.

Blaze,
    3-1-4
    0-M-0
    2-3-0
    6-0-8
    Would do better, not sure into what you dumped your enchantments.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 595
    9/29/2012 19:08:45   
    DanniiBoiixD

Now THAT makes you look like a noob. No one will get 100% wins, cause like I said every build has it's flaws. And about the game being balanced... no. Me and the others you are referring to said that BH is not op, that it's just your strategy against them should be reexamined.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 596
    9/29/2012 19:16:41   
    Rayman
    Banned

God, Try A Focus BM With 13-16 primary dmg and 17-21 or 16-20 aux and skill tree:
    5-1-2
    0-7-0
    2-2-0
    8-0-6

With that supp, int will be good enought.
    So if they smoke you just reflex and then Use gun,Intimidate, heal if needed and use all you'r weps to finish it.
    Im missing some points I think. But u can add them to deadly aim and blood lust if u want.
    But I really think 7 bloodLust is the best Cuz.
    cuz at lvl 7 lust, You Just lose 3 hp PER 100 DMG you DO.
    And IF I WAS focus bm right Now, I Could Pwn everyone EASILY. lol
    AQW Epic  Post #: 597
    9/29/2012 19:20:23   
    Ranloth
    Banned

From what I've seen of Rayman's build, NPCing is simple as a TM as well so 100% ratio isn't really an issue since NPCs are weaker than players unless you fight someone underequipped.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 598
    9/29/2012 19:34:07   
    The Astral Fury

Guys I get what you saying but the smoke screen and dex abuse builds with shadow arts... It really can grind your gears really. Weren't not talking nerf to oblivion, but let's reduce masscre damage to 100-120% damage at max at least do something to bring the power down. As I said before thsi game is based a little on luck, but agian I was blocked 5 times and didn't get any damage in.

< Message edited by dragonman111 -- 9/29/2012 19:52:17 >
    DF AQW  Post #: 599
    9/29/2012 19:39:45   
    DanniiBoiixD

^No man, you need to learn to beat them.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 600
    Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XI
    Page 24 of 29«<2223242526>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition