Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= The Road to a New Phase: EpicDuel Omega

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= The Road to a New Phase: EpicDuel Omega
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/29/2012 22:56:08   
Xendran

Honestly, i do agree that enhancements should be refunded because of the fact that the entire game and pricing system looks like its going to be revamped. Normally i'm against refunds on things, but this is rather big.
Perhaps a partial refund, but still a refund. That refund would include resetting every weapon back to default of course.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 101
11/29/2012 23:05:48   
f4tal1tY

WOW spent half of my first time evers varium on enhances, and now theyre useless and dont give refunds? Isn't that just great.... :/

- F4tal1tY

- My Guide to Tech Mages - Please check it out! Feedback is appreciated! :)
Epic  Post #: 102
11/29/2012 23:13:33   
Rayman
Banned

Fatallity;
They haven't gived any word on what is going to happend to them so please stay calm, wait and see.
Did they say they are going to remove them? No
AQW Epic  Post #: 103
11/30/2012 6:18:41   
Vegafire

Titan himself has always had the players at interest and im pretty sure he wont allow us to simply loose the varium we spent on enhancements, i dont know how but i know he will find a way to reimburse us or work the enhancements we currently have in, it will be interesting to see but i have faith in him :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 104
11/30/2012 6:39:28   
MirageD

my fear about all of this is....weapons and armors will just become costume decisions.....the stat distributions can basically be done on anything and everything....sounds alot like AQW if you ask me......the cool "looking" things will be varium...the rest (stats) are all the same and available to all things and everyone

and i for one, will be very upset if all of the enhancements that i have already spent $ on are trashed and goes down the drain

~mira
AQW Epic  Post #: 105
11/30/2012 6:49:14   
Vegafire

Im Nearly 100% certian that wont become the case, they will either be worked into the new system or we will be refunded possible, i cant see us just Loosing our Enhancements with no compensation
AQW Epic  Post #: 106
11/30/2012 8:17:25   
f4tal1tY

@above i really do hope so :3 this was my first ever time getting varium as a gift, and i don't wanna see it go to a waste :) please do not disappoint Devs!
Epic  Post #: 107
11/30/2012 8:52:44   
MirageD

i hope the developers realize that alot of us left AQW because it became a boring dress-up game....strategic play had nothing do to do with anything.....i just hope we aren't advancing towards that path :(

~mira
AQW Epic  Post #: 108
11/30/2012 9:40:14   
MrBones

Kids like to play with dolls.

I for one will not become a doll. I have over 500$ paid in enhancements. If I lose that, I am gone for good.
Epic  Post #: 109
11/30/2012 9:43:31   
Stabilis

99% 100% refund incoming!

I know they will since they are good guys at the core.
AQ Epic  Post #: 110
11/30/2012 14:41:17   
  RabbleFroth

From another thread:

We will be announcing our plans for enhancements soon (probably next week), but be assured that we are absolutely keeping in mind those that have used the system. From Titan: LINK
Post #: 111
11/30/2012 17:59:26   
Vegafire

Thank you RabbleFroth :) as i said Titan has always had his customer's satisfaction at heart and is not all about profits :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 112
11/30/2012 18:37:49   
Xendran

@above: They would lose money by not taking care of those who have enhanced, because then those people would become angered and buy less/no varium due to the feeling of being ripped off.
Helping the players does raise profits, so it's a win-win situation. We enjoy their update, so we become more willing to buy varium.

Please do not quote the post if it is directly above yours. -- SMGS

< Message edited by SMGS -- 11/30/2012 18:41:40 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 113
11/30/2012 19:50:20   
Vegafire

@Xendran I understand this but since Beta Testing this game has not been about a profit in Titans eye's it was a hobby that he turned into a profession, he cares about all the players F2P and P2P and at first most the profit was put towards getting a stable host for the Game, Hiring new members ect to help maintain the game and now although it does generate a nice profit i would i imagine the way Titan feels about his players has not changed, he is not in it just to make a profit but to satisfy his playerbase. In turn yes this does generate a higher profit so i would say congradulations on the perfect Marketing campaign.

The Frost Guardians
AQW Epic  Post #: 114
11/30/2012 21:25:08   
Hun Kingq

Will the changes to the skills be discussed next and what changes we will see in the skills?

Will the Stun Gun sets stun chance increase?
Epic  Post #: 115
11/30/2012 23:19:49   
theholyfighter

So...the answer to the question below might be one of those supposed to be announced in the future:
Do weapons only differ from Enhancement Slots, Energy/Physical, and Appearance?
AQW Epic  Post #: 116
11/30/2012 23:24:38   
T.600

Adding this feature to weapons is actually beneficial. If you look at it practically, it's hard to buy varium almost every month for your average middle-class person, and during these previous two phases, it has been essential to purchase the latest promotional items. I believe that all varium weapons should have the capacity to be upgraded to one damage above the cap though. Enhancements should be completely removed, and compensation needs to be given for that. This will encourage creativity in builds, and it means that we won't see the same scary level 34s with the latest weapons who we're scared of.

This could be amazing if they pull it off, but I have had my hopes high for each of the new phases before and I was disappointed by their lackluster content (such as only half revamped new classes, and overpriced inflating enhancements).

EDIT: This will also place an emphasis on the combination of weapons you have. For example (as Arcanis taught me :P), I always go with a phys primary, energy gun and aux, or energy primary, phys gun and energy aux. This is not forgetting bots, of which I have two, and I generally use the Gamma Bot.

< Message edited by T.600 -- 11/30/2012 23:26:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 117
12/1/2012 10:19:57   
Lancerlot

Woooo so much hype about Omega. @_@

I hope getting credits won't be such a burden come the new phase. I don't want to to lose about 2,000 battles or so in 1v1 just to get an item worth 30k credits.

Losing 2000 battles for roughly 30k credits... >_>
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 118
12/1/2012 12:31:13   
Vegafire

That is why the item drop system was put into place lancerlot, even 4-5 battle wins a hour can get you a item, these items can be sold for 1000 credits or repaired for 700-800 varium, i get on average 10 items a day to sell if i am on 8-10 hours, aswell as the rusted assault bot which is not only useafull but can be sold for 4500 credits, i had three rusted assault drops within the past two days and just find selling them beninifical as soon as i get them :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 119
12/1/2012 12:53:44   
goldslayer1

if ED gave a refund for the enhancements, i would be completely convinced that they are trying to change this game around.
AQW Epic  Post #: 120
12/1/2012 12:55:59   
Vegafire

As far as i know they are not liable to goldslayer1 but as titan has stated they are going to compensate us in one way or another which i am more thank thankfull for
AQW Epic  Post #: 121
12/1/2012 17:47:46   
doomturtle

i would really like to be reimbursed for my enhancements but i hope it is more than 15% back like when you sell a varium weapon i think that is a rip off. cant wait for the new phase i think the team will do a great job but i see some things ending badly
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
12/2/2012 0:59:52   
Rayman
Banned

Hope Omega is on december 21

And Staff should add a special ability to the vendzookas and it will have a % to steal a enemy booster.

Removed color tags on font, please do not use colors that are to bright or are hard to read. ~Tanky Got it

< Message edited by Rayman -- 12/2/2012 17:55:24 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 123
12/2/2012 1:30:28   
midnight santa

Please give me back my varium for enhance. I promise you titan i will buy more varium if you do me favor please and thanks u
Epic  Post #: 124
12/2/2012 3:29:23   
Nexus...

quote:

@Xendran I understand this but since Beta Testing this game has not been about a profit in Titans eye's it was a hobby that he turned into a profession, he cares about all the players F2P and P2P and at first most the profit was put towards getting a stable host for the Game, Hiring new members ect to help maintain the game and now although it does generate a nice profit i would i imagine the way Titan feels about his players has not changed, he is not in it just to make a profit but to satisfy his playerbase. In turn yes this does generate a higher profit so i would say congradulations on the perfect Marketing campaign.

Titan may not have wanted this game to be a money hole, but it has been since the beginning of Gamma, or really since AE took over. I'm not saying Titan is a bad guy, but whether you like it or not, this game has been out for our money since the merger. Just saying...

I am in agreement with Goldslayer1. We have both played this game a very long time, and been through the brief ups, and seemlessly neverending downs. If enhancements are going to go, a full refund would go a long way to restore the devs tarnished reputation, and ultimately show that they do care about the players and not just the profit. If enhancments arn't going to go, but are going to be drastically changed, some kind of compensation would have the same effect.

Here's to hope, progress, and change in Omega...Obama Titan 2016 >_>

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= The Road to a New Phase: EpicDuel Omega
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition