Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= The Road to a New Phase: EpicDuel Omega

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= The Road to a New Phase: EpicDuel Omega
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/25/2012 15:45:27   
Whirlwindstorm2

Heard that the gap will be narrowed. All varium will do is save time aha x) Can't wait for this next phase!
Post #: 51
11/25/2012 17:26:34   
legion of souls

^ You realize if they do that, that will lessen their income.

The point of varium is to give an advantage not to big or too small. Thats why its so expensive compared to other AE currencies

AQW Epic  Post #: 52
11/25/2012 17:45:10   
One Winged Angel1357

@Legion we do not know this for a fact. There are some members that believe the opposite, if we lessen the gap they will make more money. This is because if you lessen the gap you will retain more players and if you retain more players you are likely to have a larger market than if you had a smaller player pool
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 53
11/25/2012 17:50:27   
Ranloth
Banned

No, the point of Varium is to speed it up so you don't waste time. That's why you have Credit tems costing more Credits and have Varium advantage or you pay Varium and get it easier way. Days of the "advantage" will be over for sake of balance yet you worry about their income? Since they ARE pushing that change through, they know what they are doing and their income is the least of your worries.

Token items in AQ give you advantage for few levels yet they get beaten soon after, you just get them earlier on in the game but capped items are same as capped Token items. Pricing? It's MUCH more expensive than ED, Varium isn't. You need 13K Tokens to get best end-game weapon, that about $30 for one item? Yeah and ED allows you to get 10K Varium, easier way to get through and you can still use purely Varium for like 4 items (buy and enhance). No it's not expensive.

Point of Varium is to save on time. You pay your way through or you put effort in for free. Their income is their income. Not everyone has that much time to get everything with Credits, you fail to realise many players are casual players not ones that play ED 24/7 so Varium will still have its uses. So you tell me that 100K+ Credits for enhancing ONE weapon will be normal? Yeah tell me about you have so much time. And do that for all the items. Yeah right. <_<
AQ Epic  Post #: 54
11/25/2012 20:07:59   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

I can start to see this swerve off topic and turning into a flame war... please try to keep things on-topic, and less flamey. People are entitled to their opinion - whether you agree or not is one thing, however you should still respect it. Speculation is natural for anything new announced, so please treat it with delicacy.

Thanks!
~Practel
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
11/25/2012 20:22:58   
ReconnaisX

TBH, I don't feel very excited about this whole boosting weapons to another level thing. I'm not sure if I like it...it reminds me of AQW too much.
I'll have to memorize all the different possible levels of a certain weapon, just so I can break down my opponent's weapon stats and therefore his strategy. It just seems a bit complicated. Different variations of a weapon...
Also, if it is put into effect, you might as well forget about releasing new weapons. Just buff your old ones. I also see this price making Varium the best kind of payment, and ridiculously overpricing Credit prices. Please, we don't need another enhancements scenario- that was bad enough, what with 'power to the Varium people because they can afford to enhance their weapons with Varium'
Kinda doubtful.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
11/25/2012 20:30:52   
One Winged Angel1357

@ReconnaisX This is one thing I have always wondered how does a weapon's stat layout affect a build?

When I think about a fight I just worry about the end number of Def, Res, Tech, Support, Dex, STR, Damage(Primary Gun and Aux), Bot and Agility weakness.

But I am always curious to see how other people think it makes being a strategist all the more interesting
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 57
11/25/2012 21:01:15   
ReconnaisX

@OWA
The stats of a weapon can predict the kind of build one has, even before you look at their stats.
If you know a certain weapon they have is Strength-heavy (take the Turkey Leg) and the rest of their gear is Strength-oriented too, will they really be using a Support Build? The key is to maximize the use of the stats of your weapons.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
11/25/2012 21:08:29   
One Winged Angel1357

Well lets see how Rabble and Titan make this work they may follow a style of upgrade. If a weapon is balanced it will stay balanced if a weapon favor a stat it will stay favoring that stat.

Or maybe it will be like enhancements and just be random but then they might as well have just revamped enhancements
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 59
11/25/2012 21:18:12   
Rayman
Banned

reconn:
You are wrong about that, with this new system lets say frostbane, It give 8 supp dex tech and 31 dmg, The logical thing when you upgrated it to the lvl cap its that it will have 36 dmg and the same Supp,dex,tech boost but with higger supp,dex,tec, so If at lvl 30 it gives 8 supp, tech and dex at the lvl 35 it will give something like 10dex 9tech 9 support and 36 dmg.
So you cant get confused since if a wep gives +16 support when you upgrated it to the lvl cap it will give like +24 support, so you won't get confused since you won't be able to swap it ( The 16 supp to str, this wont happend)
AQW Epic  Post #: 60
11/26/2012 1:05:05   
midnight santa

hey titan, enhance is more varium to weapon that is no sense, and now dis?
u want moneys, everybody wants moneys but please mercy the price.
Epic  Post #: 61
11/26/2012 3:42:55   
Ranloth
Banned

Enhancements will stay forever in one place, unless slots will increase as you upgrade the weapon then you gotta enhance that slot. Upgrading should be Credits like AQW has it and one-off Varium enhancements probably at lowered price too since they want to put Enhancement price down. So you enhance once with Credits and/or Varium, and likely upgrade with Credits every level or so.
AQ Epic  Post #: 62
11/26/2012 5:44:35   
Thylek Shran

quote:

@Titan_EpicDuel

Like the look of an item, but wish it could have better stats or more damage? In Omega ANY item can be improved to level cap!

I'm working closely with RabbleFroth to implement a new Stat / Damage model for dramatically improved balance! Details soon!

First point was something I always wanted to have: Dark Heartbreaker Sword and High Priest armor ftw !

The second point, a new stat and damage model, does sound great too.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 63
11/27/2012 0:59:16   
legion of souls

The only concern i have with this is that if this new enhancement system goes through the pipe, people would just enhance their old gear and not bother buying new items.

It'll be good for us players, but i wonder how they will continue to sell those promo items..
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
11/27/2012 1:16:51   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above well its not really our problem to worry about their profits, im sure the smart devs will find a way to make money from this, maybe a new powerful promo weapon.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
11/27/2012 1:21:03   
Crimson Eagle

@above,

If I was around back then, well... I would go straight for the old weapons! Especially that sidearm that has a chance to stun!
I can only say one thing: This new system will fail, everything would become OP....
~Cleany
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
11/27/2012 1:33:56   
SouL Prisoner

So this means Beta weapons r going to be CRAZY OPed, coz they got no stats requirements ...

I guess its time they set them :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
11/27/2012 3:35:36   
Darkwing

yes!!! now I can equip basic club, as a 35, and not being called a noob!!!
Post #: 68
11/27/2012 5:08:43   
Unknown Menace

^
lol

I'm just going to wait patiently and see how this is going to work out.
Epic  Post #: 69
11/27/2012 5:17:34   
gangster a

im not really liking the new enhancment system since it makes everything awkward and like mr clean said would make the beta weps OP
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
11/27/2012 19:21:29   
Lectrix

The finished Tech Mage revamp, courtesy of Nightwraith:

http://twitpic.com/bh156k
http://twitpic.com/bh15r5

I'm loving how Omega is shaping up. Keep up the good work, guys!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
11/27/2012 19:25:15   
One Winged Angel1357

Now the biggest question is will the base weapons be revamped as well because all of these new sketches have a weapon with them
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 72
11/27/2012 20:39:44   
drinde

Looks like Techmagi are about to be Cadenized. :3
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 73
11/27/2012 20:42:57   
Stabilis

Ermagerd will players be able to turn to face the screen too ermagerd?
AQ Epic  Post #: 74
11/27/2012 21:09:33   
f4tal1tY

YAY!!
@Drinde YES! We will be cadenized!! :D Time to go back to the good ol' casters :)

- F4tal1tY

- My Guide to Tech Mages - Please check it out! Feedback is appreciated! :)
Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= The Road to a New Phase: EpicDuel Omega
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition