Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What kind of Rp's do you want to see?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> What kind of Rp's do you want to see?
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/2/2012 14:42:58   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

What kind of Rp's do you want to see? Is it an idea you've had or something you'd just like to see done? Post about it here about it and discuss.

___

Okay here's one I have at the moment most of you have heard about it already but here we go again:
Adventures of Yesterday: A simple story about a group of young children who one day aspire to become adventures. They form a group together to prepare themselves by going on their own imaginary adventures.
Setting: Adventure Quest Timeline
Genre: Slice of Life

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
12/2/2012 14:49:04   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Going off of Dai's first post, here's a format I've developed for ease of use.

Types of RPs you'd like to see:

[b]Genre:[/b](Action, Romance, Slice of Life)
[b]Setting:[/b](Modern, Medieval etc.)
[b]Estimated RPers:[/b] (No. of RPers you hope to have.)
[b]Type:[/b] (Free-Roam, Linear, etc.)
[b]Plot Preferences:[/b] (Have a plot skeleton planned out?)[Optional]

Note: This Format's only for those who have stuff planned out and like to be elaborate.

Good Luck...!!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
12/2/2012 15:00:40   
black knight 1234567

While it was quite nice of Art to make a format for us, my idea isn't...fleshed out enough to use it, so sorry about that. It's very vague, actually.

I would like something that does something out of AE's world. Or even uses a pre-existing world in media, you know, Lord of the Rings, Darksiders, stuff like that. It should be interesting to see how things pan out in that kind of RP.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
12/2/2012 15:06:37   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@Black, 'tis alright.^^

Darksiders PLEASE...!!!!

I beg of you. Please...!!!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
12/2/2012 15:16:13   
black knight 1234567

We can really play around with the concept of the Angel Key and Demon Key, maybe have a race for both of them. I mean, the Well of Souls is very powerful...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
12/2/2012 16:44:30   
Sir Nicholas

I intend to (someday) create an RP called: Ultimate Heroes.

Genre: Action.
Setting: Technically in an alternate dimension entirely, though I would say that all worlds are allowed.
Estimated RPers: 7 or 8. (Not including myself)
Type: Tournament, confined fight between two characters at a time.

Plot Preferences: That each of the fighters be unique, and have their rivalries be explored with greater detail. Their psyche I would also like to explore within the participant's posts, and with the ultimate goal in mind - that being, whoever wins is granted exactly one wish.

In addition to having their heart's desire fulfilled, they will be forevermore known as the Greatest Hero - having proven themselves to be the greatest participant.

Yes, heroes of evil alignment would be permitted, yes, females are allowed - (and the title is gender neutral) - no you cannot wish for more wishes, and yes - whatever desire they have will be completely catch-free: Whatever they desire (with the sole exception of more wishes) they would be granted - no strings attached.
AQ  Post #: 6
12/2/2012 20:15:54   
Jexorin Rast

Genre: Action

Setting: Frostval season of Adventure Quest crossed with DragonFable.

Estimated RPers: 9; 3 good guys; 3 bad guys; and 3 neutral guys. Or 4 good guys and 4 bad guys.

Type: Linear (if that means following a certain storyline).

Plot Preferences: The usual war of Frostval against BattleOn. NOT! Lord Arrgthas the lich king makes his debut as a warlord. He gathers an army of ice to try to take over all of Lore. An army of fire is gathered to face against Lord Arrgthas' icy army. But it's a surprise for the good guys (fire side) when they find out he has a master. An even bigger surprise when they find out who it is and his/her true intention. But the true intention is uncovered in the sequel (if there will be). People can choose which side to be on and what element they use the most of and side elements.

I might write a fanfiction for this, so check it out later on in the fanfictions, AE Crossovers, same name.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
12/4/2012 16:35:13   
Starstruck

Genre: Strategy/Fighting
Setting: AQ/DF
Estimated RPers: 6-12, even numbers only.
Type: Good ol' Good vs. Evil Clash. Mostly linear, though the actions of the players will determine the consequences of the plot - both sides can win if everything is played out right.

Plot Preferences: Not much adventuring; the plot is going to follow two balanced teams of fighters who are clashing over the [proposed name Infinity Stone], a powerful artifact that basically decides the fate of the universe and grants godlike powers to the [number of players on each side] who use it. Both sides want to do something unique with the Stone, and both accuse the other side of being wrong. The Evil side wants to use the Infinity Stone for the betterment of themselves and to rule the world as enlightened despots, while the Good side wants to better civilization with it and enact a utopia with no need for government. The Good side accuses the Evil side of being selfish, while the Evil side claims the Tragedy of the Commons and accuses the Good side of not thinking through the consequences.

As the story progresses, the psychology of the group will be thoroughly explored and the conflict examined, and fights will be brief but frequent, and may or may not cause no damage whatsoever (a little fencing and then they part). More epic confrontations are certainly possible and will depend on travel time and the group's location. There will be a very real strategy component and cooperation (as well as dedication) is a MUST. Most of the meat of each post will be dialogue and introspection, with description and action provided where they are required. This will be one of the first RP's in the RPA to be on a large enough setting to include travel time (Paxia is one, but I'm sure there are one or two others) if created, but I trust that the people involved will be mature about it and go village hopping rather than bushwhacking. If there are fewer than 10 people joining, travel time can become less of an issue; if it's even more popular than I anticipated, we could maybe even occupy the entire continent.

What do you think?
DF MQ  Post #: 8
12/4/2012 18:35:01   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

Thanks for making the format guide there Aurthur! It'll be handy for me in the future.

Sir Nicholas, I've seen many battle tourneys with granting one's heart's desire as the reward. If not here, there really popular for the art tournaments on Deviant Art, which is how I first came into contact with the idea. I've personally always liked the ones that had a little more motivational and plot when it comes to this genre. Sure it's fun to just set up a battle two see which of two characters would win, but you want a little more psychological exploration that's harder to pull of in a pure tournament setting. My advice is to add a more substantial plot, such as a stronger reason for why the tournament is taking place, or a sub plot that allows the characters to interact with each other during the course of the tournament, or another conflict that is threatening the contest from taking place. Just food for thought, hope it helps.

Link to be honest your confusing me and I don't understand how this is different from other Frostvale wars. First of all evil bad guy gathering ice army during frostvale and good guys retaliate with an army that has an advantage over the bad guys army, otherwise it sounds typical to me. Now about squeals, I'm going to say don't count your chickens before they hatch. Worry about getting the first one done before you move on. Otherwise if the first Rp falls out how are you going to be able to make a sequel off of it?

Star, alright let's see what you've got here. Interesting sounds like you've got some kind of overall branching plot thought out I am liking that. Basic plot is rather typical, but all right. I like the idea of map travel, but I get the feeling that can get a little sticky, unless you've got some kind of mechanic worked out for it. Otherwise I'll say it's rather interesting and I will be very interested in hearing more about it if you continue work on it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
12/4/2012 21:54:12   
Starstruck

The plot is supposed to be typical That's its main draw. It brings almost nothing new to the table, but explores the concepts of Good, Evil, and Right instead. It explores the dynamics of a group. It forces the group to cooperate even as tensions rise, and perhaps there might be a few plot twists involved.

It's going to be a little gamelike in construction, in that it has a few predetermined mechanics and a clear winner, but most of all it's going to be an RP. So there's going to be lots of RPing. Lots and lots of RPing. And lots and lots of battles. But first, I need to know that people will join and stay. And stay. And stay. And hopefully see it through to completion. If that means establishing a posting schedule and/or order with extreme rigidity, it will be done. I'm toying with the idea of imposing a posting schedule of "Within a week or yer out", in which one must post within a week of the previous poster or one is out and replaced by someone on the waiting list/an NPC. The characters must as a matter of course remain exactly the same for story reasons, but their controllers don't necessarily have to be static...

$.02
DF MQ  Post #: 10
12/9/2012 18:16:34   
TJByrum

I know one of the best things about forum roleplaying is because there are no stats, no attributes, or anything like that. We use our imagination and base everything on reason and realism, and it's a lot more 'free' in those kind of terms.

But what would some of you think of a RP on here that DID use statistics? Basically you'd have attributes (Strength, Dexterity, and Intellect for example) and you would have abilities (Block, Attack, Fireball, Shoot, Dodge, etc) that you used when fighting, and the success would be determined by dice rolls and such, and the results of the dice rolls would be directly affected by your attributes. There would be things like mana, stamina, and health involved, all of which let you use your skills and such. You'd gain experience and your stats and abilities would become stronger, etc.

Of course, I totally understand if you guys aren't into that type of stuff, cause it takes away a lot of realism and stuff.
DF AQW  Post #: 11
12/9/2012 21:28:10   
Starstruck

I would love a tournament in the EC style. I was planning to do a jEC that was just a rehash of the EC only with just the first round and with the winners being decided per element instead of a single winner per element, but ended up not doing that due to some timely clarity of thought and the inability to log onto chat and talk it over with jars and TD (I do that from time to time but sometimes caelIRC refuses to connect).

Definitely want to see constant, lively action, either with seasonal tournaments (discussed by the RPBers but never truly considered), or with several smaller tournaments. Superjars has been a tournament man from very early on, which is awesome, and I hope to be able to exercise and improve as a result of these tournaments into a good RPer.
DF MQ  Post #: 12
12/9/2012 22:13:54   
TJByrum

@Starstruck: Tournament-style RP's a must, as I recall them being rather popular. Never participated in them myself, but they seemed popular. I've had an idea of one, but don't know how popular or interesting it'd be.

Anyway, each player designs a character, with armor and weapons and abilities. They're put into 1 on 1 duels against one another, in a fight to the near-death. Winners would receive 'Blessings', and losers would not receive anything. After every match has gone through and finished, the players vote on a single person to eliminate from the RP, but those with 'Blessings' are immune to the vote (so only losers will be voted off). The two fighters who receive the highest number of votes are killed off.

Then the next round begins, rinse and repeat until only two combatants remain in a fight to the death!

Winners would be determined by how well they use there weapons and abilities, how well they assess their strengths and how well they exploit the enemy's weaknesses. Those who come into the fight with a strategy and fight with tactics will come out on top, while those who charge in without a clue would lose.
DF AQW  Post #: 13
12/9/2012 22:35:28   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

A RP with a Dungeon Master. Basically host takes the role of the DM, facilitating villians, monsters NPCs and possibly a friendly party member or two, but unlike D&D doesn't have the odds stacked against the players (rpers) sadistically. I'm personally planning for a light hearted one that borders on sillyness and ultimately ends with teh main villian being defeated by soemthing extremely silly and unexpected.

WHO WILL JOIN ME? :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
12/9/2012 22:37:59   
TJByrum

@Ultrapowerpie: I'd totally like one of those, but you sort of spoiled the ending. :(
DF AQW  Post #: 15
12/9/2012 22:59:58   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

or DID I?

Well to be honest the explination is to justify the overpowerd villian. However I can easily change things and still make it a mystery, I just gave one possible scenario.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
12/9/2012 23:16:36   
TJByrum

@Ultrapowepie: Meh, I guess so.
DF AQW  Post #: 17
12/9/2012 23:29:16   
BlueKatz

I don't have that much time lately but speaking of this I always want to see:

Genre:Survival
Setting:Medieval
Estimated RPers: any, up to 20
Type: Free-Roam
Plot Preferences: Apocalypse

Ehem... why no survival horror stuffs here? Zombies? Demon? End of the war (IS NEAR)?

I would love to hold an RP of this myself but meh, I'm not good at writing at all.

Cmon guys It's the end of the Lore with demons and zombies everywhere and we forumies have to fight to survive with limited power and supplies. We might even have a DM (GM) to randomize amount of supplies we get when enter a house or open a chests...etc. It could be fun, love love to play it around 21st
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/10/2012 1:06:10   
Beos

I shall join thee!
Post #: 19
12/10/2012 12:32:32   
TJByrum

@BlueKatz: It'd be interesting no doubt, but I'm not really into zombies and such so I'd be out.
DF AQW  Post #: 20
12/11/2012 21:07:30   
jerenda

I kind of want to run Ruins of Paxia part II. *attempts to summarize the awesomeness that is RoP with Arthur's chart* *fails horribly*

Genre: Action and politics and fantasy.
Setting: AQ setting, low-tech.
Estimated RPers: More than three. In the past, this kind of thing has been on a large enough scale to accommodate a truly epic amount of players. Our average tends to be about twenty existing, ten active.
Type: Largely linear, but I am completely open to wacky character hi-jinks and improv.
Plot Preferences: I personally know exactly where it's starting and more or less where it should end. How everyone gets there is the fun part.

I'm adding my signature at the end to communicate a bit more of the... spirit of RoP I. Anyone interested?

EC! EC! EC~
AQ DF  Post #: 21
12/11/2012 21:48:27   
TJByrum

@Jerenda, I never played Ruins of Paxia, but I'd appreciate if you or someone else explained it to me.

Also, I tried to run "City of Silversword" in the past and passed it on to Sheriff Duncan (now known as Postmaster General or something). It was to be a politically-based roleplay. We were suppose to all be senators and we all discussed and argued about a particular issue and voted on what we believe should happen. It was suppose to heavily affect the roleplay, such as starting/ending a war, initiating/ending trade (affecting the city's wealth), and more which all affected how the NPC's treated you.
DF AQW  Post #: 22
12/11/2012 23:26:35   
Ryu Viranesh

Color me interested, Jerenda! I was never able to participate in the original Ruins of Paxia, so I'd love to be able to take part in its successor/continuation.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
12/11/2012 23:47:24   
jerenda

Okay, I’m going to attempt to describe RoP better. I’m limiting myself to Chaos’s example of 86 words, since I fail at summaries.

The basic plot is that this Beast has been unleashed and we need to gather 8 heroes to wield the 8 artifacts from each of the clans in order to seal him back in. Characters can play both heroes and villains, and there is a ridiculously high death toll (although mostly among overly stupid/inactive characters). It is an epic-scale RP for epic-scale characters, and there are plenty of roles for anyone interested, even non-combat ones. There is moving character development, high-stakes decisions, and simply magnificent explosions.

Hah, 86 words exactly, and I have Ryu. *winning*
AQ DF  Post #: 24
12/12/2012 8:49:03   
Legendium

Well, sounds nice to me, jerenda.

I'm in, for what it's worth.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> What kind of Rp's do you want to see?
Page 1 of 712345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition