Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013
Page 12 of 15«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/30/2013 5:54:37   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

and what are the costs of upgrading the levels and moving the points and no i don't have lots credits i spend them all the time

the cost of upgrading the levels will be cheap, it will most likely be 100-150-200-250 varium, it stacks up each level, moving the points will be even cheaper, you can do it with 1-2k credits.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 1/30/2013 5:55:11 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 276
1/30/2013 5:55:24   
kaj

For varium which still used to be real money I think 30 is a bit low 50 I would have been more statisfied with as it would have only halved my invested money.
Unless the 30% would suffice to to edit ALL the items that were fully enhanced before omega.
I would even gladly accept (item edit) vouchers instead of varium!
Epic  Post #: 277
1/30/2013 9:31:15   
STRUT MY MUTT

Kaj, I agree with that last part. Any weapon that's fully enhanced now should not cost anything to fully upgrade to it's max potential when Omega starts. But as your level keeps progressing, I believe it's fair then that it should cost something to keep leveling up the weapon. Because even if Omega was never created, the weapons could have been made to "level up" and that would have cost something.
Post #: 278
1/30/2013 10:56:38   
l Chop Suey l

So if I enhance a weapon fully to 10 stats it would count half as varium after the first tier of achievement or it wont count at all?Considering the fact that the more varium you enhance the more closer you get to legendary or ultimate enhancer.People who enhance more than 10k or over would qualify for that 50% or lower but its my assumption.
AQW Epic  Post #: 279
1/30/2013 11:09:24   
Mother1

Drianx

When I said you got something back for selling that item I meant you got something back period mean some part of the currency you spent whether it was the credits you spend the varium or both parts. In this case you got part of your credits. You still got something back it isn't like you gave your item away for free like you would with the basic items.
Epic  Post #: 280
1/30/2013 12:16:58   
Drianx

@Mother1
Perhaps you would want to read about one more scheme in the past?

Foolish me, I bought the best varium armors at that time, the armors sold by BigTuna, because they were advertised to be better than founders. And they were, for a little while though.

I bought armors for all classes - at that time I had them all. Only to have an armor everytime I changed class. At that time only founders armor was class mutating, so I've spent quite some varium for that time.

Guess what? Shortly afterwards, they introduced armor enhancements and buffed founders armor to be better than those newly released armors. And that was despite the previous advertisement.

Of course then I sold all those armors in rage and quit the game, because I couldn't have afforded to enhance them all.

My inventory once was almost 60/60 with top varium stuff, now it's about 25/60. And that's because I sold items in time to afford enhancements for newer items. Imagine yourself selling 10k varium items to get 1500 varium, for enhancing one item. And now you get about 500 varium for all that. And that's because they never said - 'You will be compensated in case any thing varium gets removed from the game'.

Perhaps now you start to see where I'm coming from.

< Message edited by SMGS -- 1/30/2013 21:20:37 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 281
1/30/2013 14:48:18   
felixossom

tell me about it.
im happy they are trying to improve the game.
in fact everyone is.
and thanks comical for understanding my point.
Epic  Post #: 282
1/30/2013 15:00:34   
the final hour
Banned

back on topic ive said before that i think the compensation cod of been a lil higher that said it could be worse .

the main issue with omega right now is the neverending delay imho

< Message edited by SMGS -- 1/30/2013 21:25:55 >
Post #: 283
1/30/2013 15:33:37   
Mr.Junkie

Did omega release tommorow ? It says end of the month tommorow 31 January ! Lies
Post #: 284
1/30/2013 15:34:32   
Ranloth
Banned

That's the plan. How are we supposed to know? There weren't any updates today on Twitter in terms of the progress made.
AQ Epic  Post #: 285
1/30/2013 20:03:09   
kaiseryeux21

^agree with you trans. its kind of funny because my sleeping habit this week has been affected by the fact that i always make my phone alarm every hour just to be able to see if there's any update on the twitter account of the dev's. Lols.

But since yesterday, its a bit strange there hasn't any updates from them. This could mean something. It may be good or can be the other way around. I just hope we'll not get disappointed this time. Goodluck devs.
DF Epic  Post #: 286
2/1/2013 15:20:31   
Thylek Shran

The reimbursement/compensation should be higher. 10% refund for credit enhancements is an
offense. The problem sure are old items that remain in the inventories but thats why there is a
100k credit cap. It would be better to lower this cap to maybe 50k credits and give 75% credit
and varium refund.

A compensation would mean that we get 100% of the prices back so that we could use this money to
buy cores. Its obvious that the devs want to use the swap from enhancements to cores to produce
an extra money sink in hope that the players buy varium cores and it has nothing to do with what they
call the internal economy. It all about the external economy aka real money (dollars, euro, ..)

There is also no info about how many points those achievements are worth but I prefer credits
instead of an achievement which is not a real achievment at all.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 287
2/1/2013 15:42:42   
ED Prince of Shadows

The problem is that 100% would break the bank, so to speak. If they give too much back, no one will buy more. I do support a 10% higher credit refund and a 10% higher varium refund, however.

I currently have 6+ fully enhanced items, yet I can not afford to put cores on 4 with this refund (unless they really downgrade the
price of cores).

< Message edited by ED Prince of Shadows -- 2/1/2013 15:45:41 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 288
2/1/2013 17:54:12   
Rider_of_Rohan

Wow.

Just wow. I don't understand AE can call this whole situation with enhancements any sort of fair. I can see that Titan and the gang are attempting to make the game more fair and less pay-to-win, but approaching the issue of enhancements like this is, in my opinion, not the way to go. When enhancements first came out, they provided a pretty significant advantage over the unenhanced player, which was nice, but they were STUPID expensive. I've purchased 3 sets of 50$ varium packages, and I remember spending almost all of it on enhancements. I know that enhancements were available for credits, but for someone that doesn't even have the time to play everyday, varium enhancements were the way to go. It was almost like one was forced to buy only a single core set of weapons and spend the rest of your varium on enhancements. Was that really what AE intended with enhancements? I don't know. However,I don't regret spending my money on enhancements, because they helped me to win, and I felt that they were worth it. Now, coming back to ED from a 6 month hiatus, I can now see that AE is having a sort of refund system for enhancements, and eliminating them from the game altogether.

WHAT?

Let me put it to you like this. If you buy a good, you expect to receive its full value over the time that you have it. Now, imagine that you purchase a good, and you enjoy it, but one day, the seller decides to take the good away from you and only provide 30% in compensation of the original price. I understand that there is the concept of diminishing utility over time: as you use the product, over time, the value of the product decreases. However, 30%? Is that even fair considering that I purchased enhancements in good faith, as in a consumer-producer relationship? Honestly, the refund should equate to something ingame equivalent in value to the enhancements purchased. The new cores sound nice, how about you make a sort of points system based on purchased enhancements that one could use to buy cores with? I am completely fine with ingame compensation, but what AE is doing in this case seems to me to be underhanded theft. Simple as that.

Many on this forum seem to think that we should be thankful for even this refund, but those that do don't seem to realize this: When we purchase enhancements, we purchase them in the faith that we will be receiving our money's worth. However, what AE has just done is taken away our purchase and all of its value. We get no ingame compensation in terms of strength, just 30% of our purchase price. I have read the clause that Trans was referring to, and I understand what it says. What I can’t understand is, how can AE, considering that they expect us to buy varium with the intent of using it, not refund it in a honest manner? While AE is not required to refund us 100% in any case, the fact that they expect us to continue to purchase varium indicates that they intend to create some sort of relationship with you, the consumer. All the DN’s, tweets, FB pages, they are all created with this intent. This obviously means that AE should treat the consumer with respect and courtesy in the case of refunding purchases, should they not? You know how the sellback feature works? Well, what AE seems to be doing now is FORCING us to sell our enhancements. I am fine with that, and I am willing to sacrifice in the name of balance. I am NOT, however, willing to sacrifice 70% for the sake of nameless others.

Note:
The case about the ingame economy seems like a pile of crap to me. There is NO INGAME ECONOMY. If there is no trade, no value associated with items between players, how is there an economy? With unlimited resources(items) and unlimited amounts of currency(varium), the economy in ED is nonexistent. The only "economy" suffering in this case seems to be AE’s wallet.

In closing, I would like to say that I have been a faithful AE gamer for many years. I have played almost every single one of AE’s games and purchased some form of membership, DA, etc. in almost all of them(HS, AQ, DF, AQW, ED). Originally, AE seemed like a great company: small, efficient, friendly, but most of all, connected to their player-base in a way that no other company was. The weekly DN’s, the frequent contests, they all exuded vitality and the strappings of a well-run company. However, AE has begun to slowly slip in my view. Mostly with the onset of AQW, I realized that AE games are EXPENSIVE. No matter what, the constant release of new items ensures that money is spent. I am fine with spending money. However, I am not fine with spending money and then having 70% of it disappear in a fit of greed when I purchased AE’s product in good faith, that I would realize the full value on my purchase.

I hope you all can see my point of view.
Post #: 289
2/1/2013 18:07:44   
RandomGuy214214

@Rider_of_Rohan

So what you're saying is, you would rather keep enhancements and keep having to buy varium to enhance every time you get a shiny new weapon rather than being refunded 30% and the gap between varium and non-variums finally being seperated?. If this is indeed the case all I have to say is
quote:

Wow.

Post #: 290
2/1/2013 18:10:59   
Stabilis

True, it does not have to be a varium refund, it could be an upgrades or cores creditable compensation. I would prefer the upgrades transition though because it closer equates to enhancements than anything. It could have been a full transition from enhancements to level upgrades without giving any varium back.
AQ Epic  Post #: 291
2/1/2013 18:11:13   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Wow, you convinced me there that there should be more then 30%.
I first was fine with it, but now you say it in a way that 30% is a total underhanded theft.
Epic  Post #: 292
2/1/2013 18:11:20   
Baron Dante

RoR: Err. As you yourself said, the option to purchase enchancements with Credits exists. As such, what you are actually purchasing with the Varium is a SHORTCUT, not the enchancements itself. Thusly, by the moment you attained the enchancements, you had already gotten entirely your money's worth.

Now, those that did get Enchancements by Credits, they have spent time to get them, thus they have wasted time on something that no longer exists. Obviously, you could have the same compensation that they would, that is, a refund of Credits.

Not that it matters at this point, since the decision on the refunds was already made. I sort of disagree with a (Varium) refund at all due to the reasoning I pointed out above. Not that I don't get use from it, but eh.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 293
2/1/2013 18:22:05   
Blaze The Aion Ender

quote:

Wow.

Just wow. I don't understand AE can call this whole situation with enhancements any sort of fair. I can see that Titan and the gang are attempting to make the game more fair and less pay-to-win, but approaching the issue of enhancements like this is, in my opinion, not the way to go. When enhancements first came out, they provided a pretty significant advantage over the unenhanced player, which was nice, but they were STUPID expensive. I've purchased 3 sets of 50$ varium packages, and I remember spending almost all of it on enhancements. I know that enhancements were available for credits, but for someone that doesn't even have the time to play everyday, varium enhancements were the way to go. It was almost like one was forced to buy only a single core set of weapons and spend the rest of your varium on enhancements. Was that really what AE intended with enhancements? I don't know. However,I don't regret spending my money on enhancements, because they helped me to win, and I felt that they were worth it. Now, coming back to ED from a 6 month hiatus, I can now see that AE is having a sort of refund system for enhancements, and eliminating them from the game altogether.

WHAT?

Let me put it to you like this. If you buy a good, you expect to receive its full value over the time that you have it. Now, imagine that you purchase a good, and you enjoy it, but one day, the seller decides to take the good away from you and only provide 30% in compensation of the original price. I understand that there is the concept of diminishing utility over time: as you use the product, over time, the value of the product decreases. However, 30%? Is that even fair considering that I purchased enhancements in good faith, as in a consumer-producer relationship? Honestly, the refund should equate to something ingame equivalent in value to the enhancements purchased. The new cores sound nice, how about you make a sort of points system based on purchased enhancements that one could use to buy cores with? I am completely fine with ingame compensation, but what AE is doing in this case seems to me to be underhanded theft. Simple as that.

Many on this forum seem to think that we should be thankful for even this refund, but those that do don't seem to realize this: When we purchase enhancements, we purchase them in the faith that we will be receiving our money's worth. However, what AE has just done is taken away our purchase and all of its value. We get no ingame compensation in terms of strength, just 30% of our purchase price. I have read the clause that Trans was referring to, and I understand what it says. What I can’t understand is, how can AE, considering that they expect us to buy varium with the intent of using it, not refund it in a honest manner? While AE is not required to refund us 100% in any case, the fact that they expect us to continue to purchase varium indicates that they intend to create some sort of relationship with you, the consumer. All the DN’s, tweets, FB pages, they are all created with this intent. This obviously means that AE should treat the consumer with respect and courtesy in the case of refunding purchases, should they not? You know how the sellback feature works? Well, what AE seems to be doing now is FORCING us to sell our enhancements. I am fine with that, and I am willing to sacrifice in the name of balance. I am NOT, however, willing to sacrifice 70% for the sake of nameless others.

Note:
The case about the ingame economy seems like a pile of crap to me. There is NO INGAME ECONOMY. If there is no trade, no value associated with items between players, how is there an economy? With unlimited resources(items) and unlimited amounts of currency(varium), the economy in ED is nonexistent. The only "economy" suffering in this case seems to be AE’s wallet.

In closing, I would like to say that I have been a faithful AE gamer for many years. I have played almost every single one of AE’s games and purchased some form of membership, DA, etc. in almost all of them(HS, AQ, DF, AQW, ED). Originally, AE seemed like a great company: small, efficient, friendly, but most of all, connected to their player-base in a way that no other company was. The weekly DN’s, the frequent contests, they all exuded vitality and the strappings of a well-run company. However, AE has begun to slowly slip in my view. Mostly with the onset of AQW, I realized that AE games are EXPENSIVE. No matter what, the constant release of new items ensures that money is spent. I am fine with spending money. However, I am not fine with spending money and then having 70% of it disappear in a fit of greed when I purchased AE’s product in good faith, that I would realize the full value on my purchase.

I hope you all can see my point of view.

When I heard they would be compensating us for our stolen enhancements, I figured I would be getting 100% back
I was expecting a MINIMUM of 80% back
The 30% felt like a smack in the face, but oh well, I am done buying varium now, I had decided that when that DN came out
And I hadn't thought of that thing about AE becoming a bigger, less connected company
I remember in 08, before AQW came out, I loved Cysero on DF, and on that games design notes
Then, when I realised how much money I was throwing away on a game that was made almost entirely for money, I quit

Something needs to happen, they need someone to remind them why they got such an audience: the interaction and the respect
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 294
2/1/2013 18:32:50   
the final hour
Banned

@Rider of rohan - u convinced me that the refund should be higher also all very good points you made in short its AEs credibilty / wallet at stake.

quote:

I am done buying varium now

I decided that too but not for the low compensation that was part of the reason but im not going to buy varium as punishment to the companie for delaying omega 3 times delaying gamma delaying delta and what they did to my elite, i shall not forget any of this and they shall never get a penny off me again .

the only reason i am not all out quitting is because of the ammount of money i have invested up until this point , i shall invest no more and if omega does make insanely OP cores that are only obtainable through promotional packs i shall just npc till i get bored take massive breaks and eventually all out quit and cut my losses .

< Message edited by the final hour -- 2/1/2013 18:41:01 >
Post #: 295
2/1/2013 18:36:37   
Rider_of_Rohan

@RandomGuy214214

Please, I implore you, read my post to its full extent. I explicitly state that I appreciate the closing of the gap between varium and nonvarium, and that I see the closing of enhancements as a means to an end. Taking time to read the full post is extremely conducive to intelligent discussion.

@Depressed Void

This may have been unclear in my original post, but this is EXACTLY what I was proposing. Having a sort of "credit" system in which we could purchase cores/level upgrades with enhancement money seems perfectly reasonable to me.

@Baron Dante

Thank you for your opinion. However, I will have to disagree. This may be different for you and I, but I purchased varium with the idea of decreasing the amount of ingame time I had to spend to reach the same "power" level as others. In this regard, I could say what you said in your second statement. (Now, those that did get Enchancements by Credits, they have spent time to get them, thus they have wasted time on something that no longer exists. Obviously, you could have the same compensation that they would, that is, a refund of Credits.)
Just replace "Credits" with "Varium" and "time" with "real, hard, cash".

Post #: 296
2/1/2013 18:47:45   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

I decided that too but not for the low compensation that was part of the reason but im not going to buy varium as punishment to the companie for delaying omega 3 times delaying gamma delaying delta and what they did to my elite, i shall not forget any of this and they shall never get a penny off me again .

ha ha this is soo funny, you just do that, they won't lose much if you choose to quit or not pay, newer consumers will eventually come and the thing about omega is that new consumers don't have to wait till they are level 30+ to purchase promo items and 10k packages, they can use the promos when they are level 10, it will greatly attract new players while some of the high level players whine and decided to not pay for payback to the devs.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 297
2/1/2013 18:51:44   
sylar67

@Rider_of_Rohan
i made many posts about this and they all got deleted , maybe my way was a bit offensive , but hey sometimes offense is the only way to defend your rights . However all i see is that this game is based on kids , how the developers see the community 98% kids 2 % adults , that means kids see the compensation (giving them varium) a win even if it was 5 % their parents payed it they didn't work for the money , but when the 2% adults who work their but out and decide to spend a day's , or as a 19 y.o a 2 days work on a game , i would really care for that but hey 2>98 my voice wouldn't count and i assure you what ever we say , they wont change the 30 %
and the 10% credits , i believe we worked for credits time on this game that should be considered way more valuable then the outgame time to the devs and therefore since its a free currency they should give 100% back ...
anyways i havent gotten any artix points since (5/25/2012 4:59:45 PM) i only play ED so that was the last time i got var , and i really appreciate all the bad steps that the devs made to keep me on my words of not buying any varium again , Keep up the good work guys ! in french : Courage !
Post #: 298
2/1/2013 18:51:58   
the final hour
Banned

quote:

ha ha this is soo funny, you just do that, they won't lose much if you choose to quit or not pay, newer consumers will eventually come and the thing about omega is that new consumers don't have to wait till they are level 30+ to purchase promo items and 10k packages, they can use the promos when they are level 10, it will greatly attract new players while some of the high level players whine and decided to not pay for payback to the devs.

many have said this it is not only my opinion and if omega is anything like all the other releases seriously that were supposed to be a completely new game the player base will jump up by about double for a month at absolute max (double meaning from tiny to small) and then go back to tiny again but by all means if im wrong a month after omega has launched ill apoligise publically but im pretty confident i wont be . so i think loosing money from many players who have supported them from pretty much the beggining will hurt them .

Also although the issues were their before AE came in due to the fact that AE have not forced things right i could never bring myselve to play a AE game now so ED isnt just damaging its own reputation its taking other AE games down with it .

< Message edited by the final hour -- 2/1/2013 19:09:07 >
Post #: 299
2/1/2013 19:22:43   
One Winged Angel1357

Once more 7 slots at these refunds come up to be close to the previewed prices of cores 8 slots is over the previewed price. The compensation at the higher end of the level range IS PAYING FOR ONE CORE PER WEAPON. A good number of the people have multiple sets of fully enhanced items in their inventories so the refund can pay from a half to well over full of the skill cores in omega. So before you say the compensation is too low look at the math and see what you are really getting and in this case you are getting the money needed to hit the ground running in Omega.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013
Page 12 of 15«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition