Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Patch Notes 1.5.3 - February 22, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Patch Notes 1.5.3 - February 22, 2013
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/23/2013 13:49:32   
Promaster

Yeah, and for others who reached above a certain point will get to receive a "You Did Your Best" Achievement worth.....maybe 750 points?
AQW Epic  Post #: 151
2/23/2013 13:58:24   
kosmo

What happend to criticals?It wasnt mentioned but crit rate given from support cale increased.....
Epic  Post #: 152
2/23/2013 14:25:27   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

Rabblefroth, oh great mathmatician, your calculations must be off. My tech is 45 + 28. I had 30 resistance, now I'm at 27. That's 3 difference wtih only 73 tech.

Sorry, should have been more clear. Because of diminishing returns, you don't need to reach 100 Tech to drop 3 Resist. My point was that even with a large amount of Tech you weren't losing a devastating amount of Resist.

quote:

What happend to criticals?It wasnt mentioned but crit rate given from support cale increased....

As far as I'm aware this is not true.

On the topic of the tournament, we'll take what went well and learn from where improvements could be made so we can make any future events better (Much like we did from the Frysteland -> Infernal war).
Post #: 153
2/23/2013 14:31:02   
Calogero

few things I want to have clarified...

Why release a Balance Update with a Tournament in the same release?
Why Lower the Tech instead of increasing Dex?
Why Buff ' Plasma Bolt ', ' Plasma Rain ', and what not?
Support needed a ' Small ' buff, what happened during this release that makes them so OP?
Any news in Buffing BloodMages seeing we seem to be drawing the short straw this release
combined with the release of Azrael promo?
Massacre has become pretty much a Click Here to Win button with Azrael...

< Message edited by Calogero -- 2/23/2013 14:32:14 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 154
2/23/2013 14:51:34   
edwardvulture

I don't think caster mages and support mages/cybers were underpowered, why they get buff?
To be honest, for the azrael's will and the other special ability to be fair, it should get at most 75% damage.

and of course there is the plan B I suggested somewhere in the forums. Scale Health and Energy back to 2's and give longer battles more rewards.

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 2/23/2013 14:53:01 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 155
2/23/2013 15:01:25   
kosmo

I' ve been battleing all day and that wasn t just a feeling to me....Maby I shuld just play more and see.
Epic  Post #: 156
2/23/2013 15:04:42   
Lycan.

Overpowered mean more powerful than the game is intended to have and plus support didn't get a buff.
I tried Support merc and it isn't even that powerful, just for fast wins and bad win rate.
Epic  Post #: 157
2/23/2013 15:06:25   
STRUT MY MUTT

In 2v2, it seems a lot of my partners die in round 1. It's impossible to win when that happens.

Post #: 158
2/23/2013 16:00:51   
MirageD

in my opinion this balance update was a total fail....sorry devs...but things were better before this ....and they weren't very good even then but they improved with the previous update....but to do this kind of thing in conjunction with the tourney was unfair. i think you need to recognize the mistake and restart this the tourney. i personally don't care about the golden yeti...but this seems so unfair to force half the players to spend time and $ to change builds and the other half saying "whoot !!!" look what happened to my build !!! just my 2 cents....i've spent the better half of the day adjusting a build that worked perfectly fine yesterday :(

i don't want to turn into a support merc....seems you all are forcing that :(

~mira

< Message edited by MirageD -- 2/23/2013 16:02:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 159
2/23/2013 16:30:49   
ED Prince of Shadows

I switched to TM so I will have a chance in this tournament. The balance issues are ridiculous now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 160
2/23/2013 16:41:34   
legion of souls

You know what? i dont usually have a fit but The new promo is just the most OP thing ive ever seen.
I understand varium dosent have as much value as before but that dosent mean create a promo of destruction to encourage players to buy varium

I'm leaving until it dies down
AQW Epic  Post #: 161
2/23/2013 17:21:48   
rej

Strength nerf - yay!

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 162
2/23/2013 17:29:34   
zion

Releasing a game-changing balance release at the start of the tournament basically goes against the whole idea of pushing it off in the first place. Please stop the tournament now and restart after all the balance is worked out.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 163
2/23/2013 17:44:01   
The Astral Fury

^While I would love to do that, players how litterally spent hours some even 24+ I bet if you restarted the tournament they'd be pissed all they word and time would be wasted.
DF AQW  Post #: 164
2/23/2013 17:53:10   
zion

I meant continue the tournament after the balance, not restart...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 165
2/23/2013 17:58:17   
The Astral Fury

Even then they'd get mad it's delayed because it was already delayed before so... trust me someone's gonna have a hissy fit.
DF AQW  Post #: 166
2/23/2013 18:04:43   
Sesura

Mercenaries have been badly nerfed. :3

https://twitter.com/Barbeqia - Follow me on Twitter :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 167
2/23/2013 19:46:38   
Stabilis

Imagine I have a slope that's height represents the magnitude of a needed balance update. Since the beginning of Omega to now, using numbers from 0-10...

First update = 7

Second update = 6

Current = 9

Unless we have some deus ex machina update, we will reach critical levels so much that balance should be the priority, even more so than new events or new in-game content. I will keep feedback on these updates, adding to the slope. Maybe it will turn out to look like a sin function plus x or x squared.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 2/23/2013 19:48:32 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 168
2/23/2013 20:11:08   
zer00x

Anyone else trying to guess what class will be Op next update?
AQW  Post #: 169
2/23/2013 20:14:19   
Lycan.

quote:

You know what? i dont usually have a fit but The new promo is just the most OP thing ive ever seen.
I understand varium dosent have as much value as before but that dosent mean create a promo of destruction to encourage players to buy varium

I'm leaving until it dies down

I completely agree with you legion of souls, i wish i could leave untill it dies down BUT the yeti i can't because of the yeti competition and i can't beleive them giving away such an op skill core, WHAT ARE THE TESTERS DOING SERIOUSLY?? or maybe they did it to get some extra cash.
I seriously hope the devs aren't being stingy just for money and releasing game-breaking cores in the future like this one.
Epic  Post #: 170
2/23/2013 20:16:35   
hijinks

The Yeti bot is just a golden bot with the same skills. I have absolutely no idea why people are going crazy for it except for rareness and whatnot...
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 171
2/23/2013 20:20:04   
Rayman
Banned

^
It's Friggin gold, a GOLD Yeti, It's like a black ops 2 Gold Camo, People Love it.
And the 1st,2nd and 3rd places gets a cheevo.
AQW Epic  Post #: 172
2/23/2013 20:34:46   
Vypie

The changes by themselves would not have so much impact if there was no tournament. The tournament is encouraging even more the build abuse, which is not helping at all. But I hope they get a good amount of data from it, and correct balance as soon as possible.
Epic  Post #: 173
2/23/2013 20:36:13   
Baron Dante

Hijinks: Well, it's sort of bragging rights there. Sure, you get the Cheevo, but in battle, how many of you will be looking at the cheevo's of your opponents? Meanwhile, a Golden Yeti is more noticeable.

Though, I don't particularly care for it itself (Though seeing how I use a yeti now, I'll be using it instead), I do want to see how far I can go with the tourney.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 174
2/23/2013 21:21:41   
Silver Sky Magician

Sigh.

I'll just like to comment that all the current builds (STR abuse, SUPP abuse) have been viable since like forever. The real issue is trends rather than builds per se.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 2/23/2013 21:23:38 >
Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Patch Notes 1.5.3 - February 22, 2013
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition