Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Patch Notes 1.5.3 - February 22, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Patch Notes 1.5.3 - February 22, 2013
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/23/2013 10:23:06   
STRUT MY MUTT

quote:

Additional note: Even if you had 100 Tech, you only lost 3 Resistance from this change.

Rabblefroth, oh great mathmatician, your calculations must be off. My tech is 45 + 28. I had 30 resistance, now I'm at 27. That's 3 difference wtih only 73 tech.

Please explain?

Post #: 101
2/23/2013 10:29:06   
SouL Prisoner

^How much ever tech you had, it didn't matter .. Even i got -3 resis ..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 102
2/23/2013 10:36:40   
The Astral Fury

Honestly though it's ridiculos how long you have to play to stand a chance. I don't know about you, but I have a life, friends, a job school and other things I can't play this game hours on end just to have a fighting chance. I play for 4 hours (Ridiculos Amount of time) and I'm at 6th place tired I go to sleep wake up to find I'm not even on the leader board what did I have to play this game all night to stay ahead I thought 4 hours was more than enough to stay on the leader board. I mean if I dropped down maybe 10-30 fine, but I'm not even on the leader board. I really didn't feel like spending the whole night playing this game which honestly is not fun I play games for fun not to keep clicking all night long that's not fun. I thought this game was suppose to be for children and the majority of players are children. What parents gonna let there kid spend that much time, so I guess the majority of players "children" don't have a fighting chance because they can't play for hours on end it's not healthly so all the older player hunched back in a basement lights turned off at a screen play for hours on end. I mean jeez do the dev's want me to play all the time not get sleep or have a life jesus make a point cap or something.

In this tournament I guess you can't take a break you have to keep playing and playing did everyone spend all night on this game?

I get this is a tournament, but this is still a childrens game and you should still have a chance if you play for a moderate amount of time every day children can't play this long.

< Message edited by The Astral Fury -- 2/23/2013 10:40:12 >
DF AQW  Post #: 103
2/23/2013 10:41:08   
Vagaran

@The Astral Fury

Everyone needs to get some sleep, even those who got on the LB. I managed to get back on LB after a few fights.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 104
2/23/2013 10:43:49   
The Astral Fury

I just can't afford to play this long yes it's a tournament. but it's a childrens game c'mon dev's.
DF AQW  Post #: 105
2/23/2013 11:01:26   
DeathGuard

Taking in mind that all players in the golden yeti tournament want to be in the 100th, if you sleep normally like when you go for any other lb, you will be left out. This type of "tournament" is poor, winning like cray isn't the best type of tournament. Would be exciting that when someone who's in the competition, they would lose 5 points for every match. This would make the tournament more interesting, and it would look more like a tournament, since when you win to a foe, he is out of the competition but this isn't the case, the only thing would be the decrease of their points.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 106
2/23/2013 11:11:12   
The Astral Fury

Honestly there's no motivation in this compettion either I like my omega yeti opposed to that golden one, but I guess t's a matter of opnion.

Death Guard@ OMG that'd be the best tounament ever your out of the compettion if you lsoe and the last 100 standing wins now thats a cool competion this compettion is just about time I mean I was 4 place if I had not (GOD FOR BID GET SOME SLEEP) then I probably would have stayed close to there but of course in this tournament you can't sleep.
DF AQW  Post #: 107
2/23/2013 11:19:24   
Oba

I was at rank 27 before I went to bed last night, started playing when I woke up... now I am half the amount of points as the dude at rank 100
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 108
2/23/2013 11:28:48   
The Astral Fury

^Oba You honestly have to have no life not sleep nor eat to stand a chance I WAS IN 4 PLACE and went to sleep for 6 hours wake up like you have half the points of the guy in 100th place, like honest to god WTF(What the fork).

DF AQW  Post #: 109
2/23/2013 11:28:51   
ReinVI

plus whats the point in the point difference between 1v1 and 2v2? I mean by the time you win ( if you win ) a 2v2 people on the LB who abuse ( most of the LB atm ) will have probably won 4-5+ 1vs and still gained more points... this is a completely unfair tournament and I don't like that I'm going to miss out on a golden yeti only because I can't abuse the latest OP gear that the
Developers released w/o proper balance testing..

< Message edited by ReinVI -- 2/23/2013 11:31:00 >
Epic  Post #: 110
2/23/2013 11:33:06   
The Astral Fury

Am I crazy to sugguest maybe it should be the top 200 or even 300 to help with people who I don't... HAVE A LIFE. Or how about after 9 or 10 o clock you can't gain points until 9-10 am.
DF AQW  Post #: 111
2/23/2013 11:39:52   
Oba

I dont necessery think we have to increase the amount of players who gain the yeti, but I do think everyone who had the tournament ticket should get a acheievement, but if your not on top 100 it'll only be worth 500 rating. As a way of showing that he/she have been a part of the tournament.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 112
2/23/2013 11:50:17   
ReinVI

^ still not fair that only abusers and people with no life ( or the account sharers that obviously wont admit that's what they do ) will receive a golden yeti...
Epic  Post #: 113
2/23/2013 11:51:13   
ED Prince of Shadows

There is almost no chance of me getting a yeti, people spend so much time.
AQW Epic  Post #: 114
2/23/2013 11:52:30   
The Astral Fury

Hey one other thing I thought omega founders would get a omega founder achievement (Different from Omega Overlord) where's that achievement anyway?

Oba your right an achievement for particpating would be great you have a achievements we have for places on the lb and seperate achievements on how many points you get so here's an example you didn't make the top 100 you didnt get the ranking achievement or the yeti however you managed to get 2000 points you'd get an achievement worth 2000 or whatever rating points or the people who made it on the leader board wil get the ranking achievement like the ones we already have the golden yeti and the new achievement on how many points they have.

So if people can't make it to the top 100, this will give them a little motivation for them to compete and get some nice rating points.
DF AQW  Post #: 115
2/23/2013 12:03:43   
Calogero

The thing that confuses me the most is that they released the Balance update WITH the Yeti tournament...
Who does that? I had more chance winning against STR Mercs than I have against Support Max Mass CH's
with a BloodMage...

Never should they release balance with a tournament at the same time...

@ Oba

I suggested this way before but It'd be nice if after the tournament the Golden ticket changes into a
Thank you for participating cheevo
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 116
2/23/2013 12:25:55   
Baron Dante

Astral: I wasn't playing too long yesterday, yet I was just barely outside the Top 100.

I don't really see the issue of a competition not being meant for the more casual players. If you want your spot in top whatever, you are going to have to work for it. I most certainly intend to. Even if I do have to balance having to actually, y'know, work. If I can't do it, that's fine.

See, nothing forces you to take part in the competition. If you think it's too much, just bugger off and play the game at your own pace.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 117
2/23/2013 12:37:47   
The Astral Fury

I understand that Baron, but there's a difference between working hard for something moderatly and spending hours on end just to make it to the top. Sure I'll work hard for it, but when I fall asleep for 6 hours and I go from 4th place to off the leader board somethings wrong here I'm trying my best to work hard for this and make it to the top, but I simply don't have the time and can't compete with these players who seem to not eat sleep or take a break of any kind.

Also yes nothing forces you to do it, but people WANT to do it and they want to be on the leader board and thats why there getting mad cause even though there working hard they can't keep up with these ridiculos hardcore players.

Also just because your a casual player does not mean you shouldn't have a chance, casual plyers who play moderately and work hard should have a chance too.

< Message edited by The Astral Fury -- 2/23/2013 12:41:44 >
DF AQW  Post #: 118
2/23/2013 12:40:21   
ReinVI

yeahh... but the fact that the tournament will be dominated by people who aren't "competitive" more than abusers and people who honestly probably don't deserve it just ruin any form of motivation
people who wan to compete have. Why should I even bother if I'm just going to lose to someone who puts no brains into his build beyond remembering his credit card number? the new package is OP and it's ruining any form of balance or "competition" in this tournament

< Message edited by ReinVI -- 2/23/2013 12:41:44 >
Epic  Post #: 119
2/23/2013 12:41:52   
hijinks

Gah, I'm getting killed more now because of the resistance nerf.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 120
2/23/2013 12:42:04   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

but people WANT to do it and they want to be on the leader board and thats why there getting mad cause even though there working hard they can't keep up with these ridiculos hardcore players.

Then try harder. This shows that they are putting their best into being able to compete whilst you ain't trying enough to catch up with them. Nothing wrong with that. It's not them, it's you. :3
AQ Epic  Post #: 121
2/23/2013 12:44:49   
Darkoake445

I'm not one to say that someone has no life but at this point it's a little insane. I intend to literally only get 100th place in this tournament because of college but I don't even know if I can do that anymore. I went to bed at 30th place and woke up 200 points behind the last person on the leaderboard. To all his own; I wish those who are high on the leaderboard good luck and everyone else good luck as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
2/23/2013 12:45:23   
The Astral Fury

It's not fair that casual players don't have a chance aganist these "Hardcore" machines who never stop. Yes this is a tournament, but that dosen't mean you need to play hours on end just to stand a chance I'm sure casual players are working just as hard to make it on the lb but cant because it simply too over whelming.
DF AQW  Post #: 123
2/23/2013 12:46:26   
hijinks

I think they should expand that 100th place thing to maybe more like 250? 100 spots is pretty narrow for Hardcore players and Casual players alike.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 124
2/23/2013 12:48:47   
ReinVI

Trans that's not a fair assumption.. its fairly hard to earn points given the majority of builds are abuse build that will dominate you most of the time and in 2v2 battles can take to long for the extra points to even be worth it.. 1v1 is the best time-point ratio but it's overrun by abusers and noobs who use the same cookie cutter build to farm wins. Can I win? yes Do I have a shot at even being on
the leaderboard? not a chance in hell unless they do a patch today or tommorow fixing this balance disaster they created by releasing the azreal aux/ sidearm ( aux not to bad but sidearm is ridiculous ) I mean seriously its retarded how anybody could possibly think this is balance. I mean if you count "buy me and win" balance then I suppose it is but to be quite honest I had to pay to be in the tournament ( even though it was a perk of one package ) but now your telling me I have to pay for another package just so I can have a chance in hell to make it on the leaderboard? no that is
completely unacceptable.
Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Patch Notes 1.5.3 - February 22, 2013
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition