Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 111 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 111 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 6 of 30«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/2/2013 20:54:37   
Cyber doom5

Finally FINISHED the backstory for my contest entry
tell me what you think

quote:

Wind blows across a barren wasteland far in to the east of solace, beyond the eastern sinkholes and forests. A barren wasteland that has no pity to those foolish enough to enter its boundaries. In this land of death and desolation a lone monument stands casting a shadow over this land. A black tower, with an ominous feel, stands as if daring those foolish enough to try and discover its secrets. A lone being stands watch over this tower prepared to defend it and its contents till the end of days. At the beginning of the overworld the forces of light saw fit to create as place where the souls of the foulest and most wicked beings ever to exists would dwell after death. Upon a point where several Ley lines converge, a tower was constructed to house the souls of these damned beings. To protect this tower the beings constructed mindless golems that would do any task commanded of them by the master of the tower. The next portion was the most difficult, the Light needed to find a being that was pure and uncorruptable, yet at the same time powerful enough to easily cast off intruders, and if needed destroy the inmates. The light reached into the atheral planes and pulled from this realm a being of raw mana and put this being into a suit of armor forged from the strongest elements existing in the overworld. The creatures that formed the Light at the time had seen many of the mana beings, but there was something different about the one chosen to be the warden, its power seemed near limitless, due to a rune in the shape of an infinity symbol carved into its body. Set to gaurd the tower for all of eternity, dispatching from this world those who would seek to free the damned from the dark tower.
Like all of his kind he was given a name to symbolize what the future will hold for him, his name was Infinity. life in the atheral plane was not all it was cracked up to be, mana storms raged day in and day out, covering most of the plane. Those who live there are forced to live in caves and resemble a primitve tribe of natives. At the young age of 100 years old the children of the tribe are taken to a place known as the Tempest , a large temple built atop the highest mountain in the entire atheral plane, built in ages past before man learned to harness the power of mana and the storms destroyed all civilization. High atpo this temple Infinity steped forward prepaired for the high priest to give him his rune, a rune that would bestow unto him his power needed for survival. Like all the others of his race the High Priest bestows the rune upon those of age, but something was different, the storms that raged where eerily calm. Raising the scribe to the sky prepareing the ritual, at the monment the incantation was complete a bolt of lighting struck the highpriest. Now normally being hit by lightning was part of the ritual, but this bolt was 25 times larger then the normal bolts. the priest began to levitate towards Infinity, chanting an unknown spell as he approached. Raising the scribe, the priest reached forward and touched Infinitys heart. The ritual of power was going horribly wrong, never before had an atheral being recived a mark of power on there heart, which was the sorce of all atheral beings power. When the ritual was complete the High Priest collapsed to the ground, infinity gazed in awe at the symbol drawn on his chest, it was the mark of infinity, no being had ever recived this mark let alone seen it. The power coursing through his veins was unbelievable, but out of now where the clouds of above him parted and a ray of light shown through and drew him into the sky and through the clouds.

Normal attack - runs forward and slashes opponent with his katana.

3 Hit Combo - an infinity symbol flashes and he throws the katana piercing the opponents chest, pulling out slashing vertically and horizontally, ending back in the wardens hand.

5 Hit Combo - stabs the katana into the ground, a seal with an infinity symbol in the center, and fires a beam of raw mana at the opponent.

Ye who dare tread the hollowed halls of this tower shall find no mercy from me nor my charges ~ Infinity

Let my infinite power overwhelm you ~Infinity

Another weak soul ~ Infinity

WAKE UP FORUM I SHALL REVIVE YOU

Please refrain from using font size over 3. Any larger and it is considered spam. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior > Do Not Spam. ~James Lu

< Message edited by James Lu -- 4/3/2013 2:25:02 >

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 126
4/2/2013 21:03:42   
Char

@Cyber: Fine! *charges into battle* For The Forums!
Post #: 127
4/2/2013 21:10:39   
Tally

All set for the contest. >D

DF MQ  Post #: 128
4/2/2013 21:11:19   
Andlu

I'm also set for the contest. *Looks at pile of nothing and failure* Eh.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 129
4/2/2013 21:12:07   
Cyber doom5

Yay I'm not forever provolone

..........cheese......... *infinity shudders*

And don't forget to comment on my backstory above
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 130
4/2/2013 21:18:40   
Char

I'm ready too. *puts voting cap on*

@Cyber: It's awesome! Gratz! :D

< Message edited by Little Rascal -- 4/2/2013 21:19:10 >
Post #: 131
4/2/2013 21:22:16   
DeathGuard

Well, Nightmare Dungeon isn't bugging for me now and that's lovely! Good thing I beat WitchBlade and Fiend of Vergill with Master Barbarian and was able to possessed them. Now I hunt for Storm Knight.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 132
4/2/2013 21:25:33   
Cyber doom5

Thanks

God I just hope that this contest starts this week

Because I'm so ready
#determination

Edit

And now the forum is asleep again

< Message edited by Cyber doom5 -- 4/2/2013 21:37:16 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 133
4/2/2013 21:38:52   
Lemonus

Looks like 'ol Milton's too busy to even leave us with his CoW... sad.

But I still want that "Track my Hubby" quest...
DF AQW  Post #: 134
4/2/2013 21:40:21   
Cyber doom5

He tweeted that it would come late tonight
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 135
4/2/2013 21:48:07   
Shards Superior

I'm working on a system to rate the efficiency of a class.

It's going to be based on "damage difference" (D) per mana used.

For instance, a shield is 5D for 3M. (1.67 D/M), but would be an defensive ability, because it requires the opponent to do stuff..
A Fireball is 10D for 8M (1.25 D/M) and it would be offensive, because it just straight up damages.
A Life Drain would be 8D for 8M (1.00 D/M), and it would be split into 5 offensive and 3 defensive.

It's basically a way you can calculate a classes's offensive and defensive abilities.

It won't be perfect, and I have yet to found a way to integrated DaTs and DoTs into the system effectively, but it might be an interesting way to gauge a class.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 136
4/2/2013 21:52:16   
Lemonus

Smack Rolith with his wife's frying pan and drag him down to their house quest!? Cool, fine with me.
DF AQW  Post #: 137
4/2/2013 22:18:26   
Beck

@Lemonus
I just had the wackiest mental image of a Wack-a-mole OS mini-game, except with Rolith's face and a frying pan, so thanks for that xD

@Shards
I played around with that in my head a while ago; I was trying to rate classes on damage output and shield/heal ability to better compare different characters: to summarize, it gets really complicated, because I didn't know how to count the heals.

@Cyber Doom
I liked your art, though not too enthusiastic about the description: 1) it's too long; paragraphs would be helpful; 2) a character with infinite power, though cool to have, is not very interesting for long.

And I've got nothing for the contest... wow.
AQW  Post #: 138
4/2/2013 22:24:17   
Tally

Beck, your art that you've done for other people is awesome, but you're allowed to put priority on your own entry xD
I think it's safe to say that you have a few weeks to work on that though.
DF MQ  Post #: 139
4/2/2013 22:28:26   
Beck

@Tally
So here's what's on my to draw list: Something for Megakyle, probably something for Leprechaun if he/she/cat tracks me down, and 2 comic ideas... so yeah. I'm gonna need like 2 more weeks at least xD

@below
Nah I can't flash. You do it, and be known as that guy that made a fan-game of a game still in beta xD
Though someone should enter that Frying pan as a contest submission!

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 4/2/2013 22:44:34 >
AQW  Post #: 140
4/2/2013 22:33:06   
Lemonus

@Beck
We should Flash that and maybe I can give you a suggestion...

Alina's Shadow
Kind of looks like this but with Alina's body

Born from her Motherly hatred towards Rolith, the dented frying pan has created this malevolent being that haunts Rolith in the night.

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 4/2/2013 22:42:50 >
DF AQW  Post #: 141
4/2/2013 22:48:47   
theathenaflame

WAKE UP FORUM(s)
Athena Edition.

Please refrain from using font size over 3. Any larger and it is considered spam. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior > Do Not Spam. ~James Lu

< Message edited by James Lu -- 4/3/2013 2:24:40 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 142
4/2/2013 22:51:16   
DeathGuard

Finally beat the 3 bosses in Nightmare dungeon. Now to get orc axeman :3
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 143
4/2/2013 22:54:50   
ANNIHLATION

@ Theathenaflame

You best change the font size of your post,
As it may be offensive.

@ DeathGuard

Congratulations.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 144
4/2/2013 23:10:46   
Skurge
The Dealer

@DeathGuard:

Congratulations. That's quite a feat you've done!

Cheers~
-S
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 145
4/2/2013 23:13:08   
Labyth
Banned

@Everyone

you guys think those Wake Forum things migth get us in trouble?

@Below THANK YOu i totaly forgot about that guy give me sec i am see what this week creature.

@BELOW once again
Well jsut checked none this week Check ur self

@BELOW BELOW
I see oh well they haven;t gotten in trouble yet i think they are okay.

@BELOW THE BELOW THE BELOW

Thank you for the information

< Message edited by Labyth -- 4/2/2013 23:26:20 >
Post #: 146
4/2/2013 23:19:59   
Dragon Elite X

CoW?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 147
4/2/2013 23:22:34   
ANNIHLATION

@ Labyth

The size of the font used is not suitable.

So probably.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 148
4/2/2013 23:24:50   
Lemonus

Milton tweeted CoW'll be out later tonight/afternoon

@below
Creature of the Week, abbreviated as "CoW" for logical and comedic purposes. It is featured in miltoniusarts.com and is usually added in-game.

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 4/2/2013 23:32:45 >
DF AQW  Post #: 149
4/2/2013 23:30:48   
Dragon Elite X

What is CoW?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 111 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 6 of 30«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition